Experience: Tot: 8 Yrs USA: 8 Yrs Rate : $55 Per Hr
Location: Confidential, New Jersey (NJ), United States of America
- Over 7 Years of experience in Business Analysis, Design, Software Testing, Product Configuration,Project Co-ordination mainly in Utility and contract receivable and payableand Investment Banking domain.
- Has expertise in Post production and Support which includes Training to the end users and preparation of End user manual and Business Processs Procedures (BPP)
- Adept in analyzing information system needs, evaluating end-user requirements, custom designing solutions for complex information systems management.
- Extensive experience in Lead position with expertise in Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Testing coordination etc. Interface with business users to assess business needs and create business requirements well within timeframe exceeding the expectations.
- Practical knowledge of SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Spiral,ASAP and Agile.
- Worked extensively on SAP ERP ( Utility)software7.0
- Expertise in conducting JAD sessions, holding interviews.Gathering analysing and documenting user requirements
- Experienced in the documentation of system and business requirements.
- Proficient in creating UML diagrams including Use Case, Sequence, Activity Diagrams etc.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining overall testing methodology and strategy, documenting Test plans, creating Test cases and executing Test Scripts based on baseline requirements.
- Experienced in performing Functional Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Expert in Manual Testing and well versed with various test management tool like Mercury Quality Center.
- Sound knowledge of Utility andContract Account Receivable and Payable domain.
- Good Knowledge of ConfigurationManagement process using Microsoft VSS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Visio.
- Good Knowledge of Six Sigma.
- Coordinating resources, prioritize group activities and establish schedules to ensure that plans are consistent with overall company objectives
- Sound communication skills, self-starter, team player and quick learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven capability to meet deadlines and work under pressure situations.
- Capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal, external, independent, and team environments.
- Good understanding of deregulated business process in US and European markets.
Technical Skills:Languages: C, C++, SQL Databases: MS SQL Server, Microsoft Access Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio Testing Tools: Mercury Quality Centre Version Control: SharePoint Office Tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Conducted detailed Requirement gathering, Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis by interacting with internal stake holders, business users in understanding their business processes, in understanding their proposed IT system.
- Acquired a strong understanding of Investment Banking and specific knowledge related to Fixed Income, Corporate Finance, Derivatives (e.g. cash flow analysis, duration, credit risk, Underwriter, Bonds, Debentures, stocks, Exposureat default, credit default swap, Interest rate risk, Exchange Rate Risk, liquidity risk, spotrates, forward rates, Call Options, Put Options, Capital Asset Pricing Model)
- Conduct JAD sessions & produce Gap Analysis & Data Audit Document, create & implement Data Standards & Naming Conventions & Source-to-Target Data mapping document.
- Created specs for the data extraction, cleansing, validation & population using automated Decision Stream scripts.
- Developed activity flow use case diagrams for a module to make the IT team understand the functionality of various scenarios.
- Designed the detailed Data-Models of Conformed Dimensions in the worker’s compensation subject areas, corresponding to the agent balances & Journal Detail Fact entities.
- Involved in Design mappings, created data flow diagrams and documented the ETL high level and low-level design approach.
- Designed workflows using Informatica Power Center to perform ETL on the data from the staging area to the transaction enrichment data store and to the compensation data marts.
- Developed various transformations like expression, joiner, and aggregator as per the requirements and executed the workflows and verified the data on data mart.
- Worked with DBA teams to transitional logical data model to physical database design.
- Very good understanding of Mortgage transactions.
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders, subject matter experts( SMEs), and end users at all levels covering multiple departments for requirements elicitation and defining business processes.
- Document detailed business and functional requirements and enhancement documents after conducting user interviews and performing GAP Analysis between existing processes and to-be scenarios.
- Used the guidelines and artifacts of the Agile Methodology to strategize the Implementation effort in different iterations and phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Effectively priortized requirements in multiple phases which resulted in better requirement management and control
- Developed business Use Case for new product functionality after conducting requirement elaboration sessions with client teams.
- Conduct analysis and feasibility studies to enhance application functionality and improve user experience.
- Lead weekly project status meetings between the project development team, onsite consultants and clients.
- Worked closely with the QA team to help create manual test cases and maintain test plans.
- Lead System integeration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Coordinate end to end process business process from posting of an open item, return process,installment process,write off etc.
- Responsible for resolving various multiple issues and converging conflicts between requests from various stakeholders.
- Maintaineded the requirement Traceability matrices (RTM) to track the coverage of Requirements vs designed test cases.
- Created various UML diagrams including Use case, Sequence, Activity Diagrams etc.
- Developed High Level Business Flows using MS Visio.
- Performed as is study to understand the Billing and Invoicing needs of the residential/ commercial customers of PSE&G
- During the design phase, worked with the development team to ensure testability, relibility,usability,maintainbility and performance by documenting processes and workflow, identifying cross functional and organizational process improvement opportunities.
- Identified business stakeholders,gathered,disucussed and refined business requirements by interacting with users.
- Formulated clear, well-defined Business Requirement Document(BRD) and Functional Requirement Document(FRD) for the IT development team to work on
- Faciliatated the project manager to prepare Joint Application development(JAD) sessions to identify business rules and requirements and then documented them in a format for inter and intra department review.
- Created Use cases for any new and/or updated functionality of the product.
- Involved in doing End to End testing, Regression Testing of Quarter Releases. Tool used is Mercury Test Director, Geneva Billing system.
- Involved in training of new members joining the team.
- Demonstrated strong ability to work on multiple tasks while successfully meeting established goals and deadlines. Approaches all tasks in an organized and structured manner.
- Worked on the business objects of both technical and Business master data.
- Configured & extended the Enterprise structure.
- Defined the Billing Master data like – Billing Class, Rate Type, Rate, Rate cat, schema, Price, and Operand etc.
- Performed modeling of rates and Prices for the residential/Commercial customers.
- Configuration of Rate determination using Rate category and Rate Type.
- Configuration of customization setting for billing and Invoicing.
- Prepared documentation on the user mauals, Go-Live and Post-Live support and helped the end users as and when required by upgrading their knowledge.
- Involved in defining scope of the project with vision statement.
- Accumulated customer requirements from various end users through surveys, interviews and JAD sessions.
- Gathered business requirements and developed component Models and based on them developed As-Is Business Process Models for both Duke Energy and Cinergy.
- Adopted Business Processing Modeling notations to develop the business process models as pioneering by IBM as a new corporate standard.
- Responsible for meetings with users and stakeholders to identify problems, resolve issues and improve the process to ensure a stable and accurate solutions.
- Applied Unified modeling Language(UML) methodologies to design Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence diagrams.
- Created a standard Use case template for Duke Energy which was accepted as a standard template.
- Performed the GAP analysis between the As-Is models of Duke Energy and Cinergy.
- Performed risk analysis and suggested problem scenarios on applications interfacing with the central Database.
- Developed and presented solutions to stakeholders, suggested and implemented a timeline which involved integeration of the systems in phases.
- Also included was Data Migration from present NercGADS database to MicroGADS Gold’s SQL database.
- Responsible for data mapping in the Duke Energy systems.
- Developed UAT Test Plan and performed UAT to test compatibility of MicroGADS Gold with Duke Energy’s applications.
- Active participant in team building activities. Created a discussion board on MS Share point.
- Responsible for weekly newsletter detailing forthcoming activities, important announcements and training sessions.
Confidential, NH Mar 09- Till Date
Senior Business Analyst
Fidelity Investments has wide range of financial products like mutual funds, retirement plans, annuities, asset management. It has different source systems in various locations. This project is about calculating the compensation for agents who sell Fidelity products. This is a data warehousing project wherein the data from several source systems is picked and sent to data marts for agent compensation calculation after a few validation checks. Data is picked from 7 mainframe source systems and sent to a staging area using ETL. The data then is directed towards a transaction enrichment data store. After a series of validation checks and filtering, the data is finally sent to the data mart. This data is utilized for the downstream applications.
Confidential, NY Jul 07- Feb 09
Sr. Business Analyst- Contract Account Receivable and Payable consultant.
Revenue Cycle Management Tools : The account receivable accounting department in the Hospital had to process a large amount of posting . This department helps the CRM people team better priortize and manage work related to the executing numerous business processes like payment processing, collection transfer, interest calcultation, return processing, installment plans and denied insurance claims and write off etc. Revenue Protect deals with patient registeration and financial posting, account balance displays and clearance of various documents and their fields for their respective business process and archieving of the items that have expired.
Confidential ,Newark Apr 06 -- Jun 07
Business Analyst/ SAP ISU CCS- Billing and Invoicing functional Consultant
Public Service Electric and Gas PSE&G is one of the largest combined electric and gas companies in the united States and is also New Jersey’s oldest and largest publicly owned utility. PSE&G implemented SAP ISU replacing the legacy CIS system.
Confidential, NC Jun 04 - Mar 06
Duke Energy recently acquired Cinergy, one of the biggest energy producers in the country. The task was to integerate Duke Energy’s Business Proces with cinergy and bring them on the same page. To achieve this duke was to replace their NercGADS database with stores Events Data and Performance Data, and is also used to generate reports for the North American Electricity utility Commission( NERC) and North Utility Commission with a new application called MicroGADS Gold, capable of handling all the reporting needs more efficiently.