- More than 12 years’ experience in Banking domain with expertise in Data Warehouse, Risk Management, Basel - III, Credit Risk, Global Markets-Derivatives, Financial Markets Interfaces, Equities Settlement, Risk Management, Collateral Management, Reporting, Regulatory Requirements, Platform/Data migration
- Certified AWS Developer and Scrum Master.
- Knowledge of implementing AWS architecture including: IAM, ELB, EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, CloudFront, Autoscaling, EMR, Data Pipeline, Security Groups, Route53
- Support complex troubleshooting efforts across various technologies and services of Cloud applications
- Expertise in analyzing and providing techno functional solutions for web applications, web services, data management, application/platform migration, banking processes
- Specialist in Frontier Recon Plus reconciliation application in Finance Domain along with knowledge of PeopleSoft HRMS/HCM application.
- Experienced in writing Business/Systems/Functional Specification documents, Business Cases, Estimates, Prototypes, Wireframe diagrams, Capturing and mapping Requirements (functional, non-functional)/business rules/traceability matrix, conducting workshops, competitor analysis, Gap Analysis, Presentation to board/senior management
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite with good knowledge of creating macros and VB Scripts
- Experience in Service Delivery Management, Program Management as well as Transition Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, people management skills, highly adept at diplomatically facilitating discussions and negotiations with stakeholders.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Reconciliation and Business Analysis
- Translating complex conclusions into simple business language that can be easily understood.
- Knowledge of implementing AWS solution.
- Comprehensive understanding of web development processes and technologies.
- Familiar with risk calculations.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities.
- Experience of working on complex projects.
- Analyzing complex business processes.
- Superb analytical and quantitative skills.
- Good understanding of internal risk and control processes.
- Experience of IT service management.
- Handling multiple priorities in a time sensitive and dynamic environment.
- Quick Learner with Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Willing to take accountability for own work.
- Can deal effectively with ambiguity.
- Strong team player who has the ability to work different environments.
- Confident and client focused when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Defect resolution
- Service monitoring
- System implementation
- Process simplification
- Data analysis
- Leveraging technology
- Project management
- Change management
- Identifying problems
- Consumer insights
- Competitive assessment
- Financial modelling
- Business situation assessment
Business Analysis: UML, Banking, Visio, Sharepoint 2016
Business Modeling: MS-Visio, Rational Rose, Magicdraw, ER Studio
Scrum: Version One, Jira
Domain Skills: Finance, Derivatives, Equities
Test Reporting Tools: Quality Center, Test Director, Quick Test Professional, Clear Quest, Defect Tracking System
Cloud Applications: AWS, Salesforce Admin
AWS: IAM, ELB, EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Cloudformation, Cloudfront, Autoscaling, EMR, Data Pipeline, Security Groups, Route53, Certified AWS architect
Languages: SQL, UML, XML, JSON, Java, Python, PERL
Databases / Other: MS- Exchange Server 5.5, MS-Proxy Server 2.0, MS-IIS Server 4.0, MS-DNS Server, MS-WINS Server, MS-DHCP Server, MS-Routing and Remote Access Service, Tableau
Networking: ISDN, TCP/IP, H.323, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI, RIP, OSI Layers, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet,VPN, VoIP, Unified MessagingToken Ring, LAN-WAN Interconnection & Internet
Requirement Management: Requisite Pro
Tools: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visio, OmniGraffle
Vendor Tools/Applications: Frontier Recon Plus, Peoplesoft, Markit, DTCC, SWIFT, DTC, T-Zero Novation Consent, Bloomberg, Omgeo Oasys, Omgeo Central Trade Manager, Laredo, TLM, Keylink, Omgeo Alert, Moap, Halo, Colt, Clearstream
Operating Systems: MS-Windows NT 4.0 and 3.51, MS-Windows 98 & 95, MS-Windows 3.x, MS-Dos 6.22, Novell NetWare 4.xMS Windows 2000, Linux, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Sr. System Integrator
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Completing data imports, analysis and integration, standard and custom reconciliation and report development, screen (user interface) tailoring, workflow administration that includes assistance with reconciliation analysis and exception management requiring user actions and management approvals, QA and Pre-Production development, testing and signoff, custom scripting and third-party software integrations, UAT completion and Post-Production validations.
- Proficient in Fiserv Frontier Reconciliation, including relevant modules of Frontier Reconciliation such as Admin, Recollector, Recon, and Transfer Manager. Primary contact for answering “how to” technical and application configuration questions.
- Implemented a web-based solution using SharePoint for Automating accounts creation and update manual process in the Frontier Reconciliation software.
- Created auto match rules and have strong match pass knowledge. Ability to create file imports with complicated mappings. Ability to create new scheduled jobs. Ability to configure the accounts and overall reconciliation from scratch, with input from the integrations team.
- Working with vendor support teams to resolve non-production and production issues within agreed upon service level agreements.
- Assisting in the development, testing and rollout of new releases and modules as a Release Manager using XML.
- Writing custom reports and maintaining reconciliation dashboards in Tableau.
- Developing test cases for new and existing reconciliations.
- Experience with SQL (Oracle), Crystal Reports, Windows Batch, ESP, and Perl.
- Planning and preparing QA and Pre-Production Signoff documentation for Frontier Recon Platform Releases.
- Working with management to perform data, technical and business analysis needed for building reconciliations and making decisions.
- Working with Data transformation team to identify sensitive data (NPI and PCI) in Recon Plus and GL files for tokenization process for AWS platform.
- Partners with feature teams to actively understand their development and cloud stack, identify gaps in their implementation, and understand their cloud architecture and infrastructure requirements. - Translate these requirements to implementation stories and tasks for our support team
- Created AWS EC2 Instances, S3 Buckets, File transferring using CLI Scripts, etc.
- Proficient in using all Amazon Web services like EC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB, VPC,SNS, Step functions, lambda, Cloud Watch and Cloud Formation etc.
- Experience in creating EC2, Security Groups Setup, SNS Notifications, events triggering, firewalls ports opening, rehydration, S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS using lifecycle policies
- Partnering with LOB’s business partners to understand the impact of tokenization and consulting tech team to explore ways to mitigate or minimize the impact.
Environment: s/ Tools used: Frontier Recon Plus, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, OmniGraffle, Rational Rose, JIRA Tool, MS-Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, Python, AWS, Version One, SharePoint, Jira, Tableau
Sr. Business Analyst (Lead)
- Analyzed the business processes for community finance in the organization that are using sales force.
- Organized business and end user meetings for discovery, business needs gathering and gap analysis along with risk analysis.
- Customized page layouts for Salesforce standard and custom objects- User Loan Application, Syndicator Application, Internal Application, Dashboard and Reporting.
- Configured security and organizational hierarchy for community finance for salesforce implementation.
- Configured Reports for custom objects and associated them to Dashboard.
- Involved in Design and development of Workflow rules, triggers, validation rules and other customizations with Salesforce.
- Created APEX triggers, classes, test methods and visual force pages to implement custom functionality
- Used SOSL and SOQL queries during the data migration and custom development
- Focused on Cycle time reduction during the process between the leads through opportunities, processing, funding, underwriting and till post-closing.
- Set up visibility securities like roles, profiles, field level securities. Set up person accounts in sandbox.
- Collaborate with Product Owner to define scope of projects and timelines associated with completion of project.
- Conducted grooming sessions and facilitate collaborative discussions for new functionality needs
- Assisted project implementation and control monitoring process.
- Facilitating product demos and training sessions to the business users.
Environment: s/ Tools used: Salesforce.com, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, Rational Rose, JIRA Tool, MS-Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MagicDraw, ER Studio
Sr. Business Analyst
- Incorporated Agile methodology and SCRUM techniques to manage requirements and enhance the evolving RPM (Ratings Process Manager) application.
- Facilitated Scrum planning meetings to coordinate between Clients, Product Owner, Dev and QA teams.
- Shadow and assist some of the Product Owner activities by providing high level estimates, prioritizing stories for the sprint and maintaining backlogs and release plans.
- Manage the assignment of user stories to relevant BAs based on the feature and process expertise.
- Captured user story points, categorized into respective epics and maintained the requirement matrix.
- Developed flow diagrams for Business process of the company, UI Wireframes and Mockups using Visio
- Directly interacted with clients (Ratings Analysts) to elicit the requirements and translate them into terms that development team can comprehend.
- Captured requirements for user stories in sprints. Generated user story Acceptance Criteria and depending impact analysis documents.
- Suggested several process improvements within the ratings process and also suggested solution options to automate manual data entry tasks performed by Data Managers.
Environment: s/ Tools used: Windows XP, SDLC, Agile/Scrum, Java, Visio, OmniGraffle, Quality Center, Clear Quest, SQL Server 2008, Windows, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio), .NET, Oracle, Crystal reports, IBM Mainframes, RUP, UML, SQL, SWOT analysis, GAP Analysis.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked with business users for Settlement team of Cash Equities for reconciliation of failed Cash Equity Trades for European markets covering German, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland. Used TLM for reconciliation of Nostro breaks.
- Defined business requirements and analyze the possible technical solutions for SSE NG equities software so that the trades can flow STP to the markets and settle.
- Worked with SMEs in understanding and documenting their requirements.
- Developed and implemented processes and tools for requirements gathering, Analysis, planning, tracking and delivery using Rational requisite pro
- Analyzed user problems, including automated and manual business processes and identified, researched, investigated, defined and documented business processes
- Assisted project managers with the development of project schedules. Develop requirements and preliminary design for client applications.
- Working knowledge of Reconciliation and Escheatment processing
- Developed test plans and test cases based on business and system requirements
- Lead the QA activities and ensured the testing are completed on time.
- Conducted UAT (User Acceptance) Testing.
- Organized cross training of team members and Users to become more responsive.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion
- Assisted in development of training materials for new technology and process improvements
Environment: s/ Tools used: Mainframes, SWIFT, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, Visio, Quality Center, Rational Requisite Pro, SQL, Euroclear, Clear stream, Rational Rose, JIRA Tool, MS-Office, Omgeo Oasys, Omgeo Central Trade Manager.
Lead Operation / Change Management Analyst
Confidential, Stamford, Connecticut
- Was part of pilot team to transition the Confidential Derivatives Middle and Back office operations from US. Part of all the three phases to transition the Credit Derivatives Confirmation and Settlements operations.
- Involved in implementing many regulatory changes due to standardization of Confidential products ( Confidential ) and involvement of new protocols in the Confidential Confirmation & Settlement application across all levels (Front, Middle & Back Office)
- Worked as Operational Analyst for Confidential Confirmation as part of Tier 1 Sensitive clients team handling more than 400 sensitive hedge funds across globe and major interbank like Citibank, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs as counterparts. Handled Succession event processing for more than 95 SE's.
- Managed team of Analysts & Sr. Analyst handling trade affirmation and confirmation.
- Escalation contact for all the counterparts and clients.
- Worked with Users for Requirement Gathering for Over the Counter ( Confidential ) Trading System.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and documented the same in Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Collaborated with Legal and business partners to update requirements for changes resulting from Dodd-Frank
- Extensively used wire framing to design several UI Screens for the traders and brokers of the firm.
- Reviewed and documented client's SOX business processes, procedures, and IT environment to identify areas of risk
Environment: s/ Tools used: SQL, JIRA Tool, Test Director, Mainframes, Dodd Frank, Markit, DTCC, T-Zero Novation Consent, MS-Visio, MS-Office, SSE NG
Lead Technical Consultant
- Responsible for doing Data Analysis for the whole team focusing on the parameters for the Team such as ANI, RDR, etc.
- Handled project management responsibilities such as coordination, work load distribution and monitoring of call quality and achieving targets.