- 8 years of specialized experience as Business Analyst (BA) working with Investment banking, finance and IT Domain.
- Expertise experience working at global financial institutions involving Securities Specifications, Pricing, Trading, Compliance, Clearing & Settlement, and Risk Management for wide range of instruments such as equities, Bonds, Futures, Swaps, Forwards, Options, and Derivatives products such as Credit Default Swap, Asset swap, and Interest rate swap.
- In - depth knowledge of and experience in the financial industry and global financial markets including product expertise (Equities, Swaps, Fixed Income, Money Markets, FX, futures & options and both OTC and exchange-traded derivatives products).
- Valuable experience in Capital Market products, Fixed Income trading systems, Equity trading, Portfolio Management, Credit Derivatives, Asset Management, Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds, Risk Measures and Financial Risk Management.
- Strengthen OTC derivative reporting process by highlighting reporting inconsistencies.
- Experienced in OTC Collateral Operations and OTC Product Control with strong emphasis on Credit Derivatives, Interest Rate Derivatives, and Derivatives products.
- Experience with Security Data & Financial Analysis, Basel II & III Accord for Compliance / Risk Management, GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Dodd-Frank etc.
- Outstanding oral and written skills at requirement gathering analysis, Software Requirements Specification (SRS) translating the requirements into clearly defined business requirement specifications & functional specifications
- Excellent professional experience in Business Analysis and Project Management using SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, and RUP, and Agile (Scrum))
- Organized and coordinated various project meetings such as JAD sessions, user meetings, walkthrough sessions and Change Request Analysis.
- Lead team for documenting Use Cases, Use case diagrams and Activity diagrams to explain process flows and functional specifications.
- Extensive experience in Business Process Modeling by using MS Visio and developed various UML Diagrams - Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and State Diagrams etc.
- Hands on experience writing SQL queries for Data analysis, and Data quality and have prepared Data Mapping Specifications, and Data dictionaries.
- Proficient in Data Modelling and design using Logical and Physical Data Models and created ER diagrams.
- Data Analysis experience for Data Warehouse development using Star Schema and Relational database using TOAD, and SQL.
- Hands on experience using Rational Requisite Pro, Confluence for Requirement Management and Rational Clear Quest, JIRA for Defect tracking and management
- Experience in System Testing and have performed Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, with hands on experience leading User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and have extensively prepared Test plans, Test Scenarios, and Test cases
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook and MS Visio.
Business Intelligence (Less than 1 year), UAT (Less than 1 year), Business Analysis (Less than 1 year), Foreign exchange (6 years), Fixed Income (6 years), OTC (5 years), water (6 years), Scrum (6 years), credit risk (6 years), Risk Management (5 years), Capital Market (5 years), change management (5 years), Data Flow Diagrams (5 years)
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Manage stakeholders globally across Treasury, Financial Accounting and the various involved front office departments.
- Acted as a member in change management teams on derivative (OTC)/collateral management/margin calculation.
- Prepared business requirement documents for VAR- based independent value calculations for Equity, Credit, Interest Rates and FX swaps.
- Worked with Subject Matter Expert for OTC derivatives, to analyse and develop requirements to meet client's needs.
- Analysis, review and preparation of process systems and controls for OTC derivatives and cleared trades, securitization exposures and risk rating (PD) frameworks.
- Analyze Credit and Equity OTC Derivatives Trading Life Cycle to improve legacy and proprietary trading process & systems.
- Responsible for managing Capital Markets transformation projects involving trading, accounting and risk management systems implementations, business process optimization initiatives, and industry standards for Fixed Income, Equities, FX and Derivatives lines of businesses.
- Analysis and requirements document for implementing of FX spot/forward/swap/options, IR swaps/options and money markets from the Treasury users (traders, and cash management team).
- Used the tool Systems Architect and MS Visio to create use case diagrams and process flows.
- Working as a resource for Business Unit Controllers for financial and regulatory reporting needs related to Derivatives and Traded Products (DTP) like Derivatives, Bonds, FX, Currency Options etc.
- Prepared the data modelling documentation centralizing all the filings for the recording, pricing, customer confirmation related to equities, fixed income, and OTC Derivatives, FX, and commodities, and disseminate them into different data warehouse and data marts.
- Created Business Requirements Documents which consisted of the Project summary with relation to the processing of Portfolio, Positions, OTC data and Derivatives.
- Participated in defining and making business rules in terms of analyzing the pricing method of fixed income products (treasury bills/notes/bonds, e.g.) so as to have a concept of how the credit rating agencies rate the clients' credit.
- Proficient in capturing Data requirements and worked on data cleansing, data mining, data modeling, with extensive hands on designing Data Flow Diagrams (DFD), and Data Mapping for market data and Databases.
- Responsible for updating data warehouse dictionary based on new release.
- Wrote functional requirements and nonfunctional requirements based upon the approved business requirements for developing use cases, use case diagrams, and other supporting documentation.
- Worked extensively with financial instruments, including equities, fixed income products and derivatives and their trading life cycles.
- Creates, sets-up, customizes, and maintains Tableau dashboards and Tableau data extracts used for Ad-Hoc analysis.
- Issued the credit risk of bonds which doesn't make payment on coupon or principal payment when it's due.
- Created job schedules to automate the ETL process.
- Developed strategies for Data Scrubbing, Cleansing, and enriching, transforming and loading Data in Staging/Data warehouse.
- Drew graphs with wireframes & mockups to design business dashboards, which could help the team of fixed income portfolio business to create credit enhancing measures
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing on behalf of end-users to ensure the users' satisfaction.
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
- Interacted with their Corporate Trust department Investors, Financial Advisors, Relationship Managers, Vice Presidents and subject matter experts to get a better understanding of business processes.
- Business process documentation for Fixed Income (FX, MM, Futures), Equities, OTC Derivatives, loans and Mortgages as well as the narratives for the work flow.
- Analyzed, Modelled, and Programmed of the structured finance business (or other derivatives) line such as asset backed securities and mortgage backed securities deals.
- Worked on OTC and Derivative data along with Retrieving Time Series data for all Benchmark Templates which was necessary for Risk Analysis.
- Liaise globally with trading, sales, legal, middle office and product control to resolve pricing and booking discrepancies on margined OTC derivative trades (Credit, FX, Rates, Commodities and Equity).
- Gather and document business requirements and business process for loans and loans equivalent, OTC derivative, and securities for the purpose of financial reconciliation to the Bank's GL.
- Analyze and validate test cases for pricing fixed income products and P&L reporting analysis
- Perform validation and analysis of expert judgment or qualitative factors that augment quantitative models; review to confirm proper controls and adequate documentation are in place.
- Business process re-engineering and business process mapping, taking into consideration a wide variety of stakeholders for bonds, Fx, derivatives, Privates, etc. and life cycle events such as rate resets, payments, etc.
- Responsible for the production of BRD, PDD and SRS for the banks critical and high priority systems and for FI, FX, Equities, Repos and Derivatives.
- Developed dashboard from data warehouse in Tableau for reporting and analytic purposes
- Created Use cases, activity report, logical components and deployment views to extract business process flows and workflows involved in the project. Carried out defect tracking using Clear Quest.
- Recommend, as necessary, the termination of support on models that are outdated or inaccurate, as determined by independent analysis. Provide effective challenge during model development and throughout the life cycle of the model.
- Creates and delivers presentations to various business teams regarding the current status and key decisions regarding their business issues using Tableau.
- Mine data using ETL process and modeled the Asset backed deals from documents (indenture) using advanced excel functions such as V-lookups and Macro.
- Programmed the deal using SQL statements and Visual basic in the system while running the payments and send Crystal Report to the Client Service managers and Vice President.
- Involved with UAT during production while having user understand multiple student loan deals at a time when project runs with different phase.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked with COO, Project Sponsors, Executive Management, and Program Management team to get a better understanding of the requirements.
- Worked closely with Front Office, Risk Management, Internal Control, Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery, Business Operating Model, and Operations group to align with mandates as per CFTC guidelines and IT implementation.
- Dig the requirements with Regulatory Head for the Pre-analysis and find the Gaps for the Mandates to match the CFTC guidelines.
- Implemented multiple projects with Chief Compliance Officer for the Reporting Engine and to ensure the system works according to the Dodd Frank guidelines.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix of the Mandates while tracking the project and shared with Regulatory and Compliance desk with Policy and Procedures documents link.
- Worked with offshore (Madrid, Spain) Counter
- Performed an analysis of the existing data warehouse to identify defects and area of improvements parties and recommend necessary changes to the BRD as per Compass requirements.
- Worked with Madrid Technical Counterparties for IT implementation of the systems and assist in creating Functional Specification Document.
- Created Workflow and other Activity Diagrams for the ease of business users to understand the IT implementation.
- Conducted meeting and created meeting minutes while supporting IT Project Manager to track important notes.
- Worked with Project Manager and recommend the solutions for the IT implementation
- Worked with Engineering Committee and suggested changes in the document process for the Corporate Investment Banking IT global Team.
- Analyzed the existing business requirements documents to review functional and detail design specification of the application.
- Conducted Gap Analysis and developed data relationships diagrams to define the impact of the new requirements on the existing system.
- Communicated extensively with clients and different levels of management to identify new requirements, use cases and to develop functional and technical specifications.
- Collaborated with the design and development teams to create effective design strategies, monitored the development of the system and ensured compliance with quality standards and client specifications.
- Prepared Business Process Models that includes modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Conducted JAD Sessions to resolve open issues, change requests and most importantly, to facilitate identification and development of an architectural solution.
- Used MS Visio to model activities and data flow process in the business and make them more understandable to developers and architects.
- Identified and documented issues, risks, gaps, descriptions, impacts and provided recommendations and alternatives to re-engineer the current processes.
- Developed the business and functional requirements specification that describes and prioritizes the requirements.