- Senior Business Systems Analyst with 8 years of experience in IT Industry and different SDLC methodologies including Waterfall, Agile - SAFe, Scrum, Kanban and Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid.
- Extensive experience in Banking compliance like Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA Patriot Act, USA Securities, PCI DSS, Federal Reserve System and Exchange Commission.
- Acted as liaison between Business Owners, Design and Development team to discuss business problem and provide cost-effective solutions that serves the business needs.
- Educed business requirement meetings through Interviews, Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions, Brainstorming, Document Analysis, Requirement Workshops with End-users, Project Manager, Subject Matter Expert (SME’s) and Stakeholders for business process re-engineering and improvement.
- Crafted various documents like Project Charter, Work Breakdown Structure, Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Use-Case Specification and System Requirement Specifications (SRS).
- Created detailed project roadmaps with well-defined tasks, milestones, sponsor sign-offs and specifications which served to communicate project progress to management.
- Facilitated meeting with cross-functional teams including the Development team, Testing, team, UI/UX, Architect to gather requirements and maintain transparency.
- Conducted GAP (AS-IS & TO-BE) Analysis, Impact Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Feasibility Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Risk Analysis, ROI Analysis and Root-Cause Analysis.
- Experience in writing different types of User Stories like Happy/Unhappy, Input, Workflow and Business Rules and handled Requirements Churn to predict how the system works.
- Evaluated Service Level Agreement (SLA) and provided task based reports to Manager regarding on weekly basis.
- Developed workflows and Unified Modelling Language (UML) diagrams which included Use Cases, Activity diagrams, Class Diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Data Flow diagrams and ER diagrams.
- Developed prototypes like process workflows, wireframes and mockup screens to have user friendly enriched User Interface (UI) using different tools like Balsamiq, Moqups and Wireframe.cc.
- Tracked Project status, Issues and wrote User Stories and tasks in JIRA to avoid scope creep and technical debt.
- Assisted Architect in identifying the various Dimensions in the Data Warehouse by performing Data Mapping.
- Experience working with different data sources on Non-Relational Databases like Flat files, XML files and other Relational sources like SQL Server, MySQL Server and Oracle.
- Hands on experience in creating Schemas, Tables, Joins, T-SQL, Unions, Views, Indexes, Triggers and Stored Procedures to perform CRUD operations in MS SQL Server, MySql and Oracle.
- Extensive knowledge in Dimensional & Normalized data models, Facts, Dimensions, Data Marts, Star, Snowflake and Galaxy Schema and OLAP operations like Roll-up, Drill-down, Slice & Dice.
- Worked on Operational Data Storage (ODS), Online Transactional Processing (OLTP), Staging and Data Warehouse for transforming data from source to target along with experience in Data Migration project.
- Extensive understanding of ETL tools like Informatica PowerCenter and MS SSIS.
- Proficient understanding in interfacing different APIs which included REST and SOAP to connect related Web Services using various formats like XML, JSON, String and Document.
- Involved in API Testing using POSTMAN to determine reliability, functionality, performance and security for calculation, transaction and communication with each other in a highly efficient way.
- Assisted in creating Test Plans and Test Cases for Unit testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using HP ALM/HP Quality Center working with the QA team.
- Performed Unit Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Black-Box Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and Performance Testing with experience in Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Generated multiple reports using tools like Tableau, MS SSRS, MS PowerBI and QlikView to create dashboard for visualization, perform data analysis and predictive analysis in near future.
- Extensively worked on Project Management tools, defect tracking tools and testing tools.
- Involved in Defect Management process to improve the quality of the Application under Test (AUT) and eliminate any kind of bugs or defects to develop software with high performance.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall - Scrum Hybrid, Kanban, Scrumban, XP, Spiral.
Business Skills: Change Management, Project Planning, Process Modeling, Risk Management, JAD Sessions, Impact Analysis, GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis and Cost-Benefit Analysis.
Project Management Tools: JIRA, Rally, Confluence, Version One, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Lucidchart.
Modelling Tools: Wireframe.cc, Moqups, MS Visio, Balsamiq, SharePoint Designer, CA Erwin, Swagger.
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint.
Testing Tools: HP QC, HP ALM, HP LoadRunner, Cucumber, Selenium, POSTMAN, Swagger, SOAP UI.
ETL and Reporting Tools: Tableau, QlikView, Informatica, Spotfire, IBM Cognos, SQL Server Data Tools - BI, SSRS.
Web Technologies: WSDL, XML, HTML, SOAP, Web Services, REST.
Databases: SQL Server Management Studio 2014, Oracle 11g, 12g, Oracle 11g, MySQL Server 2012, MS Access, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012.
Data Warehousing: OLTP, OLAP, Data Marts, Data Mining, Slicing/Dicing, Drill Down/Roll up, Pivot, Data Mapping, Data Modelling, Star and Snowflake Schema, ETL.
Confidential, O’Fallon, MO
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Identified the business needs by interacting with Users and Stakeholders to evaluate business solutions.
- Elicited and documented requirements from business users and Stakeholders using Business Requirement Document (BRD), System Requirement Specification (SRS) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Interacted with SME's for detail requirements gathering for business and technical purposes.
- Explored and performed feasibility analysis on various risks and compliances like Credit Risk, Operational Risk, FACTA, PCI DSS, Federal Reserve System, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and USA Patriot Act.
- Performed GAP analysis to determine the need for enhancement in the existing system.
- Conducted Joint Application Document (JAD) session which involved all the Stakeholders to know their business requirements on the enhancement to meet the business needs within the prescribed timeline and budget.
- Conducted one-on-one session with the Risk Manager in order to understand the process of how Risk Assessment would be performed and to elicit different parameters to be considered for Risk Analysis and scoring.
- Extensively involved in various Scrum ceremonies like Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum meeting, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meeting to assist in writing User Stories using INVEST criteria.
- Created Project plan, Tracked progress and generated Reports for User Stories and requirements in JIRA.
- Developed Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams based on Functional, Non-Functional and System requirements using Lucidchart.
- Developed SQL queries to perform CRUD operations, JOINS to get matching records from multiple tables, Stored Procedures/Views/Triggers to analyze the data and generate reports.
- Developed E-R Diagrams based on the relationship between different entities and identified the cardinality among them based on understanding of Conceptual and Logical Models.
- Performed Data Modeling and Data Mapping to identify different data sources, integrate data and transforming data to the required target using the Informatica PowerCenter.
- Documented different APIs like SOAP and REST based on Code First or Design Approach for speedy delivery and agility of the Web Applications using POSTMAN.
- Performed API testing to check for the integration, individual functionalities and series of other functionalities.
- Worked on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to determine various API's for risk analysis using XML and JSON format and validated XML schema for system data documentation.
- Assisted in performing Integration Testing, UAT testing based on designed Test Cases, Traceability Matrix and Test Scenarios to eliminate any kind of bugs or defects from the system.
- Performed manual testing to identify any defects or bugs or errors in software programming to help developers in writing highly efficient code to increase system performance.
- Generated reports and performed data analysis for future prediction to improve the business needs in Tableau.
- Participated in Defect Management process to understand defects affecting the system performance.
Environment: Agile Scrum, MS Office, MS Visio, Balsamiq, JIRA, Visual Studio 2012, Risk Assessment and Management, MS SharePoint, Informatica PowerCenter, MS SQL Server 2012, Tableau, POSTMAN, Cucumber.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Sr. Business System analyst
- Elicited business requirements from stakeholders and clients to better understand their business needs through Interviews, Requirement Workshops, Surveys/Questionnaire and Document Analysis.
- Performed SWOT Analysis, Feasibility Analysis and Data Analysis.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) session between Stakeholders, Subject Matter Expertise (SME), End Users and the Development team to discuss functionalities, interdependencies and issues for the project.
- Developed Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS) to assist the Product Owner in prioritizing the requirements.
- Documented Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), requirement changes to evaluate the project success.
- Developed Acceptance Criteria working with Product Owner and Stakeholder based on Request for Proposal (RFP), project scope and vision to ensure the stories satisfies Definition of Done.
- Evaluated Service Level Agreements (SLA) on weekly basis to provide task based reports to the Manager.
- Documented change requests to accommodate new developments and examine the risks that might occur.
- Created Business Process Models using Activity diagrams, Use Case diagrams and Swim-lane diagrams to have a deep insight to plan setup and plan configuration for Business Process Improvement.
- Developed wireframes and mock-ups for the application using Balsamiq in order to generate a throwaway prototype which assisted developers in writing efficient code for creating user friendly UI.
- Gathered customer data and wrote complex SQL queries for QA testing, performed CRUD operations and data analysis to validate report in MS SQL Server.
- Supported in creating SSIS packages for loading the data from different data sources like Excel, Access, Flat files and XML to create and maintain the database.
- Performed Extraction, Transformation and Loading by identifying the required data sources in Informatica.
- Performed Data Mapping to integrate data from various Data sources and Data Profiling for examine, monitor and cleanse the existing data to make better business decisions.
- Good knowledge on APIs like SOAP and REST and different HTTP methods like GET and POST. Followed Code First approach based on which API document was created in Swagger.
- Created Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scenarios for performing Integration Testing, Back Box Testing and Regression Testing to assist Development team in writing high performance code.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) in Excel to trace requirements using Test Cases.
- Performed Automation Testing to run pre-scripted tests on software application in Cucumber.
- Developed interactive dashboards and visualizations using Tables, Charts and statistical graphs for making better business decisions in Tableau.
- Continuously monitored and tracked the product quality throughout the entire lifecycle of the product in order to reduce defects and fix the already existing one in a cost effective manner.
Environment: Agile-scrum, XML, Web Services, MS Office, provided, MS Visio, MS SQL Server 2012, JIRA, UML, Tableau, QlikView, Swagger, MS Project, SSIS, Cucumber, Wirefeames.cc.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Business System Analyst
- Assisted in creating Project Plan, Road Map and analyze Feasibility Business Requirements to build a consolidated Data Warehouse by interacting with Project Manager, Product Owner, SME’s and Technical Lead.
- Acted as liaison between the business owner and the vendors/developers to maintain clear transparency for the business requirements to ensure the application provides the required business value.
- Created project status report to plan and track milestones in the project with the help of project manager.
- Gathered Business Requirements by conducting Interviews, Document Analysis, JAD sessions, Use Case Scenarios and surveys to develop documents.
- Performed GAP (AS-IS and TO-BE) analysis to assess the current state of the project and create a project plan for the progress of the project based on business and functional requirements.
- Developed Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagram and OOD to assist the development team in providing a basic prototype.
- Analyzed change requirements based on business needs and Stakeholders to prioritize them based on several factors like Risk, Business Value, Time and Cost.
- Performed data mapping to load data from various Data Sources to ODS and then to the staging area in order to perform data cleansing, identify anomalies and remove any redundancy.
- Good understanding of Data Modeling concepts like Star Schema, Snowflake Schema and Galaxy Schema for identifying related Facts and Dimensions from business users and stakeholders.
- Performed Data Normalization to validate data and verify the same to increase Data Integrity ensuring to have accurate data. Assisted in extracting usable data and finding anomalies from large data sets.
- Assisted Data Architect in loading data from Data Warehouse into OLAP and perform different OLAP operations like Roll-up, Drill down and Slicing/Dicing as per the requirement.
- Developed high level SQL queries on MS SQL Server and used JOINS to merge data from data sources. Also, performed Data Mining and Data Profiling to find correlation pattern in existing data.
- Good understanding of Ralph Kimball and Bill Inman approach for modelling Data warehouse.
- Extensive knowledge on ETL to conduct data validation and mapping from the existing system.
- Performed System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Unit Integration Testing (UIT) based on the developed Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Performed Functional, Regression and Smoke testing using Selenium based on designed Test Plans, Cases and Test Scenarios with the help of QA team to identify and reduce the bugs or errors in code.
Environment: Agile - Scrum, MS Project, Selenium, MS SQL Server, MS Project, Tableau, MS Visio, JIRA, GAP Analysis, Informatica PowerCenter, Lucidchart, SSDT-BI, Confluence, Balsamiq, Erwin.
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
Business System Analyst
- Interacted with Business Users and Stakeholders to discuss with them the business needs, problems, issues and provide relevant business solution for the same.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions between different Stakeholders to recognize and resolve any kind of issues pertaining to the project and reach to a final consensus.
- Communicated with client directly to translate business requirements into technical specifications using Functional Requirement Specification and System Requirement Specification.
- Gathered business requirements through various techniques like Document Analysis, Questionnaire and Requirement Workshop to understand the project purpose.
- Created different documents like Project Charter, Work Breakdown Structure, Use Cases, User Stories, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) based on business requirements.
- Performed Risk Analysis to review for security issues and adherence to compliances to analyze on qualitative and quantitative basis by maintaining a Risk register in MS Excel.
- Developed RACI matrix to identify tasks pertaining to the respective personnel, track milestones in order to identify the actions that need to be accomplished for successful project completion.
- Actively participated in tracking Issues, Bugs, Stories and Tasks in Rally to ensure the progress of the Sprint.
- Designed and developed UML diagrams which included Use Cases, Sequence diagram and Activity diagram.
- Wrote SQL queries for creating tables with different attributes and data types and performed CRUD operations as per need basis. Also, created Views, Triggers and Stored Procedures.
- Created ER diagrams in MS SQL Server to identify different entities and define relationship between them.
- Identified different data sources to perform Data Mapping to avoid any kind of redundancy and anomalies.
- Created API documents to provide methods for users to add services and functionalities to existing APIs.
- Assisted in integrating APIs based on User Requirements and documented them using POSTMAN.
- Assisted QA team in creating Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and requirement traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Designed Test plans and Test Cases to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Performance Testing and Regression Testing along with the Testing team.
Business System Analyst
- Finalized Project planning, scheduling and business requirements by communicating continuously with Business Owner, End Users and Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Elicited Business Requirements and Functional Requirements using Use Case Scenarios, Interviews and Document Analysis using organization established template.
- Worked directly with the Project Manager to create Project status report, timeline and budget.
- Involved in system design with the Architect and the development team, support technical team in product development and delivery process for the defined business requirements.
- Created ER diagrams to identify different Entities, Primary Key and Foreign Key, defining relationship and cardinality between them in the database.
- Connected to different Web Services using REST API (JSON) for improved request and response time.
- Created Test plans and Test Cases to perform Manual and Automation Testing with the help of QA team.
- Hands on experience working on PowerBI reporting tool for creating Business Intelligence reports considering various parameters to analyze them for future purposes.
Data Analyst/ Business System Analyst
- Identified the business needs of the project with continuous interaction with Business Users and Stakeholders to asses and identify business solution in order to define scope of the project.
- Developed Business Requirement document (BRD), System Requirement Specification (SRS) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD) to illuminate functional and non-functional requirement.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to perform testing based on Test Cases and Test Scenarios.
- Responsible for creating various UML diagrams like Use Case, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Use case diagrams and Class diagrams to plan and document project plans.
- Developed complex T-SQL queries and Stored Procedures to run reports using MS SQL Server.
- Worked with developers to code and integrate Web Services in SOAP, XML and HTML with description methods.
- Involved in Black Box testing and systems testing for verification and validations purposes.
- Cleaning and blending multiple data sources to allow for different views on application data in a single dashboard using Tableau. This enabled us to take better business decisions based on generated reports.
Environment: Waterfall, MS Visual Studio 2010, MS Office, Tableau, MS SQL Server, UML, MS SharePoint, Balsamiq, Web Services, Selenium, MS Visio, IBM Cognos.
MS.Net Developer/Business Systems Analyst
- Elicited requirements from various business Stakeholders through Interviews and Joint Application Development (JAD) session for creating the application with enhanced functionality.
- Created Software Requirement Specification (SRS) document based on information gathered from JAD Sessions, Document Analysis, Brainstorming and one on one Interviews.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) based on business requirements in MS Visio.
- Assisted in creating wireframes and mock up screens for the web application to better understand the system interface based on the requirements gathered using Balsamiq.
- Implemented Tables, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Joins and Views in MS SQL Server.
- Experience working in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web Services like SOAP, XML, HTML, WSDL.
- Analyzed Test plans, Test Cases and Test Scenarios for performing UAT testing.
Environment: Waterfall, MS Visual Studio 2008, MS Office, Balsamiq, MS SQL Server, C#.Net, ASP.Net, MS SharePoint, MS Visio, MS SQL Server, IBM Cognos.