- Extensive experience in conducting Business Systems support, Business Process Analysis and test lead/management which includes Analyzing business requirements, Writing Test Plan, Test Strategy, and Test Cases, Creating and Executing test scripts for functional testing in the above - mentioned domains.
- Performing additional responsibilities as Lead like test execution status reporting, sending defect report, and attending escalation meetings with managers and end users.
- Experienced in working with RDBMS like Oracle, SQL server and DB2 ZOS.
- Expert in JAD sessions and conducting meetings for requirement gatherings and design walkthroughs.
- Strong knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and project life cycle e.g. Agile (ADAPT), Iterative and Waterfall.
- Experience working with both business users as well as Project Managers.
- Expert in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance testing (UAT), Causal analysis, Root cause analysis.
- Strong analytical thinking and project management capabilities.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and leadership skills with multi-tasking capability, good problem solving and efficient time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills with ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, Stake Holders, managers, end users.
- Capable of self-learning new technologies and co-coordinating multiple tasks.
- A strategic thinker, results-driven, detail-oriented and comfortable with taking ownership of all responsibilities.
- Experienced in designing and executing test cases for GUI testing, Regression and Integration Testing.
- Adept at creating Test scripts for Regression, Smoke and Performance Testing.
- Proficient in Boundary Value Analysis, Equivalence Partitioning, Functional, Regression, Capacity, Load, Stress and Endurance testing.
- Hands on experience working with Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall methodologies.
- Good Understanding of Data warehousing concepts.
- Experience in leading a team and interacting with the onsite team and work on off shore- onsite model.
- Extensive experience in Documentation and Process Management with enhanced skills to effectively understand the business for producing a quality product.
- Experience with defect tracking and test management tools like JIRA and HP QC.
- Proficient with MS Office Tools like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio.
- Experience with Business objects.
Tools: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Access), Outlook, Microsoft SharePoint, MS Exchange, IBM Lotus Notes
Analysis Tools, Requirements: RUP, UML, Object Oriented Analysis, Rational Rose, Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, ETL Analysis, BRM
Programming Languages: SQL, Java, .NET, HTML, XML, Visual Basic
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, Business Objects, OBIEE, SAP
Processes / Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Testing Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC), Bugzilla & Spiral, Dot Project, IBM DOORS
Source Version Control Tool: SVN, GIT, TFS.
Databases: Oracle 12c/11g/10g, SQL Server, MySQL. DB2, Excel/Access
Operating Systems: Windows XP/VISTA/7/8, Unix, Linux, Mac.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Perform Enterprise analysis to understand enterprise architecture domains and frame work which includes Business, Data, Application, Technical
- Proposed and implemented business process improvement solutions across the enterprise
- Responsible for Gathering requirements from Stake holders
- Responsible for creating requirement artifacts like Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD)
- Perform feasibility analysis to evaluate multiple options and determine best fit solution
- Perform GAP analysis to evaluate solution scope by doing an AS IS to TO BE comparative study
- Facilitating JAD sessions to elicit high level and detailed requirements from key stakeholders, SME's, end users and technology leads
- Developed survey questions to elicit and prioritize the functional requirements
- Resolved stakeholder conflicts and ensured no scope creep during project implementation
- Evaluate risks related to requirements implementation, testing processes, project communications
- Documenting Use cases for functional requirements
- Documented and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure proper requirements management
- Documenting and managing Product and Sprint backlogs
- Participated in Daily Agile Scrum, Biweekly Sprint Planning and Retrospective Sessions and update the team on work status
- Implementing UML 2.0 standards across multiple project artifacts
- Participating in enterprise wide business analysis community development
- Facilitated wire frame creation & final design of the system's UI
- Instrumental in development and implementation of standard BA methodology based on industry best practices
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Design Visio process flowcharts for the enhanced Customer Complaint Handling System. Prioritize documentation schedule for multiple projects
- Created complex integration diagrams (Sequence, Component & Activity) to visualize Business Process and their interaction with interfacing systems
- Collaborated with Confidential ( Confidential ) policy and procedures, including but not limited to the business, user and technical components of the automated child support system.
- Worked on document training materials, policies, standards and procedures.
- Worked on projects related to SNAP, Health services and Medicaid.
- Worked with systems certification requirements, federal reporting, multiple federal systems (i.e. Federal Case Registry, Interstate Case Reconciliation, Child Support Portal, Social Security Administration) and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Efforts wen into Automated Enforcement, Federal Reports, Federal Certification Compliance and Federal Technical Liaison.
- Document issues, concerns, testing and findings based on business requirements, federal regulations and state program requirements. Continuing Business Analyst training, team meetings and one on one meetings.
- Worked closely/one on one with IT to ensure all issues are properly understood, worked and resolved.
- Worked closely with Child Support staff in the field to ensure that a good report is intact and they feel comfortable to report issues and concerns and/or suggestions to our department.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Business Systems Analyst
- Accomplished experience through whole SDLC from requirement analysis till deployment.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with the Management, financial team to make sure everyone in sync with the business requirement processes.
- Gathered Requirements and documented the proposed additional extension to the existing application.
- Worked on AR, AP, cash management, asset management
- Performed GAP analysis to understand the gap between the actual and potential performance or requirements with the sole objective of identifying customization/enhancement needs
- Responsible for conducting the Vendor Analysis
- Determined and documented the As-Is and the To-Be (future) business process flows and performed return on investment analysis.
- Assisted the Quality Team in designing the Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases
- Regular meetings with senior project managers and business sponsors to discuss any technical and operational issues and updates on the current project status.
- Participated in Business Modeling by understanding the needs of the business, and also documenting Business Use Cases as well as System Use Cases.
- Used MS Visio to create Use Cases, activity, Sequence and Data Flow Diagrams.
- Assisted development team to translate requirements into Business, Functional and technical specifications documents.
- Created and Maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Initiated Test Plans, developed and executed test cases and scenarios, worked with users to develop specific acceptance criteria and prepare test exhibits.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions with business users and prepared document for enhancements and bug fixes.
- Used HP Quality Center to report any bugs found and communicate to the developers and product support team.
- Assisted in development of User Guides, training materials and SOPs.
- Provided professional training to users and user managers.
- Involved in defect triaging and managing change management issues.
- Analyzed and evaluated User Interface Designs, Technical Design Documents and Quality Assurance Test condition the performance of the application from various dimensions.
- Helped create the 'Business Glossary' to facilitate efficient understanding of the Business process amongst the other teams.
Confidential, Iselin, NJ
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts such as Prudential's Investment Managers, Loan originating Managers, and Process Analysts to gather requirements and goals through interviews, surveys to understand the business process. Conducted a controlled brainstorming sessions with project focus groups.
- Involved in gathering and synthesizing business requirements and translated into functional and non-functional requirements to be used as input to the functional design specifications.
- Designed Use cases, Use case diagrams to present a better view of the system as a whole to the technical team for them to identify the key processes.
- Interacted with technical Architects to identify and analyze the given information, procedures and decision flows and evaluated existing procedures.
- Acted as liaison between the SME's and the technical teams, handled all scheduling, resource planning and allocation matters, ran all status meetings and compiled reports.
- Extensively worked on Creating User Requirement Specifications (URS), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), and Business Process Documents and also developed System Requirements.
- Prepared Use Cases, Use Case Scenarios and elaborated those using UML diagrams like Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Process and Data Process Model using MS Visio and Stimulations using iRise
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for communicating and managing expectations with SME's and to understand thoroughly the business process and the interface requirements, which need to be incorporated in the application.
- Created and executed various the Test Cases Wrote Test Scripts, Did UAT and a part of Manual Testing.
- Worked as a team with Developers and Process Analysts in preparing the requirements, writing workflows, process flows, and Interacted with system developers to resolve questions and discrepancies in BRD.