Work in industry achieving continuous improvement with high quality commitment to exceed expectations with positive impact in product development.
Senior Business Analyst/ Lead
Confidential, Ames, IA
- Validated the requirements scope in on - going Work Management Solution Project, identified the gaps and provided resolution.
- Conducted SWOT risk analysis.
- Lead the operational data migration efforts, facilitated meetings to collect requirements and scope for data migration from various resources leads and stakeholders.
- Prepared the Operational Data Migration plan, managed review process, obtained final approval and sign-off from the Business Process Owner and product owner.
- Performed Data Mapping from source application based databases to target databases.
- Performed Data Configuration in Development environment using ARM Data Manager and/or manually as seen appropriate.
- Managed Data Issue Tracker and provided configuration solutions for Business Analysts and developers in co-ordination with the Configuration Lead.
- Prepared Business process flows and diagrams.
- Reviewed Migration scripts from vendors and provided approval.
- Lead data validation team, prepared data validation plan and received sign-off.
- Co-ordinated and planned with Data Ware House team for ETL processing in conjunction with various ARM Interfaces and Edge Applications
- Worked closely with DAMCO for report generation and integration in target applications.
- Determine schedule and resources for Confidential efforts.
Environment: Waterfall, SharePoint, ADM (ARM Data Manager), ARM Central Configuration, Work Manager Legacy, Work Manager, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Oracle SQL Developer, HP QC, MS Visio and other MS Office Suite, .
Lead Business Analyst
Confidential, West Des Moines, IA
- Performed Stakeholder analysis ( Confidential ) and SWOT analysis during Project sign-off phase.
- Excellent communicator and efficient facilitator of meetings, elicited requirements from Stakeholders, capturing detailed product requirement on complete end-to-end dataflow in data pipeline with details on middlewares/API calls to data migration to AWS Cloud and development of cloud-based analytical applications.
- Conducted research and provided supportive documentation to Stakeholders and Product Owner in decision-making based on Market forecast.
- Obtained requirements sign-off with detailed, verified/validated scope documentation.
- Prepared GAP Analysis, Business process Models, Data flow-chart and Data Mapping.
- Works closely with Project Manager, Technical Lead and other senior management on GANT chart preparation, budget management, conduct new hire interviews, white-boarding and brain-storming sessions.
- Wrote User Stories with Confidential, mock-ups/wireframes, detailed Application Process Models, and Data visualization with Tableau.
- Completed Backlog grooming based on prioritization.
- Presented requirements with mock-ups to off-shore development team and clarifies queries.
- Work with UI/UX front-end developer on designing UI.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, AWS, Agile/Waterfall, MS Visio and other MS Office Suite, Tableau for data visualization.
Senior Quality Engineer
Confidential, West Des Moines, IA
- Provided solutions and implemented measures for timely delivery of product meeting Good Software Quality Measures.
- Conducted querying sessions with Business analyst team to verify and validate the requirements.
- Smoke testing of application portals post-deployment with ALM in Data Driven Development.
- Performed Environment Configuration, UI Testing and Database verification.
- Web Service (back-end) testing using SOAP-UI.
- Automated testing using UFT.
- Wrote/reviewed detailed Test Scenarios and Test cases.
- Logged detailed and well appreciated Defects with supportive documentation.
- Effective and efficient communication with Business and development team for Continuous Development/ Continuous Integration.
Environment: Automation with UFT, SOAP-UI, Manual Testing, Agile Scrum, Target Process, RFAA framework, HipChat, MS Office Suite and ALM.
Quality Assurance Analyst/Release Manager
Confidential, West Des Moines, IA
- Coordinated, facilitated and mentored on the testing process. Liaise between developers and business analysts to lead quality testing within the team to build customized web application for the client’s Loyalty Program.
- Hands on experience working in a very fast-paced Agile Scrum environment with weekly sprint using test-driven development (TDD).
- Participated in meetings and giving inputs especially brainstorming sessions with BAs, scope /requirements verification, white-boarding sessions with developers, story grooming, prioritizing the Confidential .
- Wrote Gherkin based test scenarios.
- Responsible for Test planning, test case preparation and complete documentation of the STLC for internal auditing purposes.
- Performed Unit and integration tests using Manual and ‘Specflow’ based automation test methodologies with Gherkin.
- Conducted database testing using SQL on MS SQL Server based databases.
- Created and scheduled batch jobs using Cisco Tidal Enterprise.
- Performed performance testing such as Load testing using ‘NeoLoad’ and assist with security testing using Burp suite.
- Identified, documented and assigned defects and verification with regression tests.
- Prepared release checklist document and obtain signoff from Account Manager, BAs and the developers prior to each release.
- Used/updated JIRA on tracking the day-to-day SDLC and STLC.
- Responsible for web monitoring using KeyNote and pager duty.
- Acted as a logistic consultant for business/process development and have brought out better designing of the modules.
- Efficient communication between development team, BAs and other stakeholders with both learning and knowledge-sharing mindset.
- Took part in Job-oriented trainings for continuous improvement.
Environment: Gherkin, Automation, Manual Testing, Agile Scrum, SpecFlow, PSE3 entity framework, MS SQL, NeoLoad, BurpSuite, Cisco Tidal Enterprise, JIRA and MS Office Suite.
Contract Data/Quality Analyst
Confidential, Riverfalls, MN
- Collected client requirements/data needs, made appropriate discussions/plans on scope and schedule of the project with the stakeholders.
- Interact with project sponsors to determine, document and obtain signoff on business requirements.
- Analyzed large volume of data for mapping, diversity analysis, predictive analysis, performed data mining and prepared in-depth reports.
- Acted as a logistic consultant for business/process development.
- Exposed to different testing phases like Unit Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Actively participated in full test life cycle including Functional Specification documentation, Identifying and documenting the test strategy and Test plans, execution of Test cases.
- Performed manual testing, identified issues and created defect tickets using Microsoft Test Manager and followed-up until closure.
- Data quality control/ assurance for validation purposes.
- Good team player with excellent inter-personal communication, leadership, training and multi-tasking skills.
- Tested workflow on big data handling and analysis.
- A graphical tool for diversity analysis in R.
- Centralized database to store and retrieve data.
- Development of predictive analytic tool.
Environment: Manual Testing, Agile Scrum, Quality Center, ORACLE SQL, R and MS Office Suite.
Business Analyst/Project Co-ordination
Confidential, Slater, IA
- Collected Requirements, validated scope, performed data mappings and co-ordinated projects with client between on-shore and offshore teams to ensure understanding of specifications.
- Experienced in interacting with business end users and executives to identify their needs, gathering requirements and authoring Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using UML modeling.
- Expertise in facilitating and conducting Joint Application Development (JAD), Rapid Application Development (RAD) and Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions, interviews, workshops and requirement elicitation sessions with end-users, clients, stakeholders and development team.
- Expertise in Confidential (Laboratory Information Management System) and associated tools for requirement collection, project planning, genotyping experiment set-up, data analysis, Quality control, results/data release and subsequent follow-ups with clients.
- Analyzed large volume data using in-house developed tools on all Confidential targeted crops in the North American region and uploaded/managed data in middlewares and DWH.
- Monitor data refresh between servers and DWH across tools using SQL.
- Performed UAT on existing and newly developed in-house analytical software tools, documented performance and made suggestions for improvement.
- Provided software tool testing for new functionality and regression testing.
- Perform test planning, writing test scripts, design and execution for newly developed molecular software tools.
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and methodologies & validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Communicated to scientists/stakeholders throughout the organization and assisted their decision-making in product development. Participated in-group discussions. Acted as SME. Preparation of user stories using “3 C’s”, “As is” & ‘to be’ documents & validation.
- Developed data summaries, reported trends of complex information/data, interpreted results, made appropriate conclusions and recommendations to breeders.
- Updated task/issue tracking tools in a timely manner and made appropriate follow-up actions.
- Collaboratively analyzed and solved technical problems in day-to-day operation and helped to standardize the business process.
- Focused and dedicated on meeting customer expectations with effective collaboration across organizational and functional boundaries.
- Responsible for assuring quality in the final product before it goes public.
- Analyzed different methods of utilization of the application by the end user and tested accordingly.
- Implemented a new Confidential (Laboratory Information Management System) pipeline.
- A new Middleware for uploading and validating raw data, their related customer information and scheduled release date.
- In-house proprietary tool for analyzes for report generation.
- Proprietary tool for predictive analysis.
Environment: TFS, Manual testing, Agile Scrum, ORACLE SQL, middleware, CALIBER, MS Office including MS Test Manager and MS Visio.
Quality Assurance personnel
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
- Understand the application and closely work with business analysts and end users to discuss and understand the functional/non-Functional requirements.
- Participated in writing test script and test plan. Performed software specification analysis, wrote test objectives and test cases.
- Performed UI testing, functional testing, regression testing, system integration testing and black box testing.
- Reviewed and analyzed new user requirements, program design and unit testing.
- Worked with development team, users and support groups to understand the application architecture, use and content.
- Executed test cases using manual testing techniques. Performed functional and regression testing on new builds of the application for quality and completeness.
- Prepared Gherkin based test scripts.
- Generated the detailed reports of the bugs, Pass-Fail report and assigned defects.
- Participated in the team meetings to discuss the issues arising.
- Development of Analytical tool to evaluate/ estimate enzymes efficiency in feed prior to releasing in market.
- In-house proprietary tool to capture research record and customer feedback.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Gherkin, Quality center, MS Excel, Word and Power point.
Confidential, Ardmore, OK
- Conducted requirements sessions and stakeholder Interviews for requirements collection.
- Performed Requirements Analysis with GAP analysis, process Modeling, scope validation and data mapping.
- Documented standard operating procedures and process flows.
- Presented results of analysis and recommendations to business and project leaders.
- Performed user acceptance testing and data analysis.
- Performed Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements based on interaction with the stakeholders and document analysis.
- Wrote User Requirement Specification (URS) and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) documents as per the business requirement and process flow.
- Wrote User story and Use cases for the application and prepared detailed Work flow diagram based on the proposed enhancement for the system.
- Performed task decomposition based on Work Break-down Structure, delegated tasks and monitored project milestones.
- Complete understanding of SDLC and STLC.
- Participated in the design and development of tests and test requirements for products, systems, software and/or related components and equipment.
- Responsible for verifying each requirement and each statement within a requirement for test case coverage.
- Created end-user documentation for new and existing functionality.
Molecular Diagnostic Data Analyst
Confidential, Amarillo, TX
- Analyzed data elements, data flow and performed data mapping between existing systems and new system to be developed.
- Developed new and updated existing diagnostic tests leaning towards nested PCR, duplex/multiplex real-time PCR (qPCR) methods to widen the business efficiency.
- Developed test/instrument SOPs. Evaluated/maintained good safety/quality measures in accordance with federal regulations.
- Been in-charge/managed molecular diagnostics section during emergency or with the absence of the department head. Maintained good client satisfaction.
- Evaluated different PCR methods used in BVDV identification and developed multiplex PCR for the typing of BVD virus.
Environment: SharePoint, MS Office, Confidential, SQL, Data WareHouse.