Pursue a full - time role in Technical Publications in a dynamic and fast paced corporate organization.
- Over 15 years of experience in Technical Writing and 8 years of experience as a Lead (responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and overseeing a team of Technical Writers, in addition to monitoring and reporting progress).
- Proven ability to work as a Lead for large projects with cross-border and offshore teams (USA, Canada, India) in both agile and waterfall software development environments.
- Excellent business/technical communication skills and ability to express ideas clearly and logically to successfully document technical concepts for the targeted audience.
- Expert research skills and ability to structure/organize fragments of information from diverse sources.
- Proficient in structured content, component content management, and DITA architecture model for authoring and publishing.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to learn, prioritize, and balance documentation deliverables for multiple projects based on latest technical writing industry practices.
- Demonstrated ability to create new processes to streamline documentation deliverables, including strategized planning to deliver several high profile project deliverables with limited resources.
Technical: MadCap Flare, Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe FrameMakerIxiasoft (CCMS), Oxygen (DITA Editor), Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Captivate, Microsoft Project, Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visual Basic, Visio, SnagIt, Adobe Photoshop, HTML, XML (Altova),Visual Studio (Basic Programming with C#).
Languages: English, French (Basic)
Lead Technical Writer & Business Analyst
- Project lead (documentation & business analysis) for Legal Solutions, USA which offers a portfolio of products that span practice and management for litigators, corporate counsel, business lawyers, government legal professionals, and small law firm attorneys.
- Create and maintain release documentation (user guides, online help, release notes, installer files).
- Write and publish Knowledge Base articles in Salesforce to assist Customer Technical Support in responding to frequently asked questions from clients, or providing workarounds for known issues.
- Liaison between Product Owners and offshore teams consisting of Developers and QA resources in an agile software development lifecycle.
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria for product backlog items and bugs in Team Foundation Server and JIRA.
- Prepare wireframes for core enhancements.
- Provide leadership to junior technical writers (resource balancing, review of drafts, project prioritization).
Senior Technical Writer
- Research Top 56 accounts to prepare technical use cases and whitepapers on hybrid and bi-modal cloud architecture for HPE Helion OpenStack (HOS) and HPE Helion Stackato.
- Interview Chief Cloud Technologists, Solutions Architects, and Account Managers to document standard operating procedures, user guides, and complex technical solutions as use cases for the Field.
- Develop customer play books and run books analysing customer information for go-to-market readiness.
- Establish methods of determining technical challenges and look for patterns across regions (Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Europe) and industry verticals.
- Promote best practice sharing of technical use cases Pan-HPE to accelerate cloud technology adoption and cloud pursuit acceleration.
- Collaborate with the HPE Cloud Referencing team to write ‘Tech Innovation’ articles for external client facing marketing collateral.
- Manage and drive the editorial calendar for newsletters to establish HPE’s technical thought leadership through Social Media for CIOs, CTOs and leaders of digital transformation.
- Track and provide updates on action items assigned to Pan HPE teams to resolve critical issues on high revenue accounts.
- Create presentations for the Product leadership team.
Senior Technical Writer
- Manage and negotiate resource allocation and deadlines with Project Managers, Product Owners, Development Managers, and Scrum Masters on high profile Business and Service initiatives.
- Lead cross functional project team meetings in the definition of business requirements and application information to obtain the desired outcome in documentation presentation, content, and usability.
- Develop, maintain, and reinforce layout standards, quality control guidelines, and SLAs for the Technical Publications team (style guides, templates, process flows).
- Oversee members of the Technical Publications team (assign deliverables, prioritize work, conduct peer reviews and performance reviews).
- Research, extract information, and grasp technical concepts by interacting with subject matter experts such as Product Owners, Developers, Business Analysts, QA Analysts, Trainers, and Implementation Specialists.
- Conduct audience and task analyses, and work with the UI design and usability teams to ensure that the information design meets audience needs.
- Author and publish user guides, job aids, release notes, and online help using Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe RoboHelp, and MadCap Flare for Confidential ’s web based HR and Payroll management applications.
- Perform quality assurance unit test of documentation in application.
- Take full accountability of release documentation outcome in a fast-paced and agile development environment with multiple products, releases, builds, and deployment.
- Manage source code of online help and user guides for all web based applications via SVN and VSS.
- Maintain the Technology group’s internal and external project documentation library on SharePoint.
- Maintain French translations for all user interface elements for web based applications.
- Proofread and edit presentations for senior management and other Technology group team members.
- Manage all IT communication to the client user community for 9 strategic and large outsourcing accounts across the GTA and Atlantic Canada.
- Conduct quality assurance checks on all technical documentation and deliverables for clients.
- Maintain the document management system to secure key data.
- Create and manage the communication strategy for over 1500 Confidential employees in USA, Canada, Mexico, and India, assigned to client accounts.
- Present the annual budget for communication activities to senior management and managed the approved resources.
- Research and prepare Executive Account Reviews.
- Organize and manage events to foster team spirit and inculcate a spirit of open communication between the senior management and employees.
- Provide creative assistance, designed brochures, and posters.
- Create and maintain an online help system for 1000 clients in 87 countries.
- Organize and lead client user groups by countries to develop/share best practices.
- Work in collaboration with SMEs to create user manuals.
- Prepare extensive “How To” documentation and FAQs for clients and employees.
- Coordinate with the Marketing team to prepare and release communications.
- Design and release e-learning simulations in Macromedia Captivate.
- Conduct procedure walkthroughs for new system launches for the Executive team.
- Conduct live online seminars to train clients on new product launches.
- Maintain the internal/external response management system.
- Interview and profile clients.
- Translate complex data into graphical representations.
- Create graphics and statistical data in MS Excel.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for the Executive team.
- Draft reports in MS Word.
- Prepare the communications budget for 2004.
- Design PowerPoint presentations for the Executive Team.
- Assist with the communication of new merchant products and services, marketing initiatives, and updated processes.
- Edit, prepare, and format content for the Intranet site using advanced HTML.
- Work with the Customer Service Team Managers to schedule employee participation in corporate events.
- Coordinate with Executive Assistants to schedule senior leadership presence in corporate events.
- Provide planning and coordination support for events and conferences.