- Business professional with over 8 years of experience in Supply Chain, Retail, E - commerce and Banking domain. I am an analytical thinker, problem solver, fast learner and ASQ Certified Six Sigma Green Belt professional. My areas of work include inventory management, order management, retail discounts and sales, supply and demand, customer retention, logistics management etc.
- Extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Waterfall methodology and Agile Scrum.
- Experience working with multi-cultural teams, handling diverse and globally located teams.
- ASQ Certified Six Sigma Green Belt Professional.
- Led cross functional teams of business users and project teams.
- Extensive knowledge in Equities, Fixed Income Derivatives (Options, Futures, Forwards, Swaps), Money Market Instruments (T-Bills, Commercial Paper), Mutual Funds, Hedge funds Portfolio Management, Commodity, Capital markets etc.
- Expertise in implementing process improvements by working with different teams.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Implemented SMART techniques to analyze business goals and to understand business requirements.
- Created Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirements Documents (FRD).
- Contributed to development of test plans, test cases, user guides and training materials.
- Good working knowledge of advanced concepts of Excel such as Pivot tables, What if Analysis, Macros and Solver.
- Master data management experience, with a good understanding of MDM full-life cycle concepts/techniques.
- Excellent in performing GAP Analysis, Risk Analysis and SWOT Analysis.
- Held scrum or daily status meetings to know what was achieved, set goals for the day and to identify any roadblocks.
- Excellent communication skills effectively communicate the project updates to stakeholders.
- Expertise and hands on experience in SQL and RDBMS for Analysis and Reporting purpose.
- Experience in handling changes effectively by conducting Impact Analysis and Change Control Board (CCB) meetings.
- Proficient in creating, managing and tracking Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experienced in monitoring defects using various Defect tracking tools.
- Proficient in performing Smoke Testing and facilitating User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experienced in conducting User Training sessions and thoroughly documenting User Manuals after subsequent releases.
- Developed Statement of Work (SOW), Request for Proposal (RFP) documents
- Active involvement in Post Production Validation and Production Support.
Confidential, Denison, TX
Supply Chain Business Analyst
- Led the Inbound and outbound pack operations, identified the defects introduced by packers, implemented a one touch process to eliminate pack errors in the system. Implemented an efficient pick process to reduce missing and misplaces items.
- Introduced efficient RFID processes for better inventory placement, to reduce wrong picks by pickers in the fulfillment warehouse centers.
- Responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, detailed process flow design, user acceptance testing and rollout of new & modified feature functionality deployed on the B2B web applications.
- Functioned as primary liaison between the business line operations and the technical teams through the project cycle.
- Published daily/weekly volume projections, ran daily trackers & metrics to provide volume visibility to senior management on key supply chain performance metrics.
- Identified broken "master packs" as a major issue impacting efficiency, cost, and inventory accuracy, introduced process improvement practices for the Quality Assurance team to fix all master packs with errors resulting in an annual savings of 4,000 hours , an associated cost savings of $88,000/fulfillment center , and a 65% improvement in inventory accuracy.
- Introduced measures to replace damaged items or shortages in master packs by identifying optimal response of replacement using SAP
- Analyzed and maintained inbound and outbound SAP inventory data, generated reports to increase inventory visibility throughout the fulfillment center.
- Partnered with Supply Chain execution team to drive down the operating costs.
- Performed deep dive analysis by benchmarking with other fulfillment centers, to understand and resolve root cause of operational performance issues.
- Developed charts and graphs to record the peak periods during any given period, which helped in identifying the highest productivity, no. of defects found and fixed, best performers and other metrics.
- Performed business impact analysis of proposed project processes and GAP analysis for new functionality requirements, as well as prioritizing them based on actual business.
- Assisted in the requirement elicitation of the B2B ecommerce website, developed to improve the business experience for vendors and suppliers.
- Authored Business requirements document and System Specifications encompassing Functional and Non-functional requirements.
- Performed complex SQL queries for retrieving data from the database, generating ad-hoc reports, and conducting data validation testing
- Assisted in development of User Training materials for the upgraded version of the existing system technology and process improvements.
- Developed scorecards for suppliers based on key performance indicators like spend data, on-time delivery and quality resulting in 15% improvement in quality and service.
Technologies Used: Agile Methodology, Power Designer, Oracle, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, MS Visio, SAP ERP 6.0, SAP MM, SAP PP, SAP WM
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Retail Business Analyst
- Responsible for Business and Vendor relationship management, coordinate and collaborate Business and Vendor teams. Aid the Business team in making decisions by providing cost-benefit analysis and opportunity cost analysis.
- Monitored the inventory levels of different retail locations, identified the seasonal trends and implemented Kanban cues for replenishment cycle to reduce the missed sales by 8%
- Generate sales reports for Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) such as Burger King, Taco Bell, and Starbucks. Segregate the sales by tender type, items sold, employee discounts and customer discounts, thereby improving the product performance analysis.
- Configure different deals, discounts, kitchen display systems on the Microsoft AX back office. Maintain a database of recipes and modifiers for different restaurants.
- Improvise the Point Of Sale system (POS) for the Exchange retail stores to increase the process efficiency and reduce the overall operation time.
- Implement secure card reading systems and optimize the touch points on the POS GUI
- Validate the current Fuel Point of Sale system for different payment tender types, analyze the tender reports and identify the gaps in the report generation
- Lead the digital integration with fuel dispensers, to increase the customer footprint to the stores by running ads and promotions on the innovation TVs on the fuel pump heads.
- Developed pricing templates to update fuel prices for all the gas stations in Europe and Pacific Asia, thereby centralizing the price update process.
- Tested the Oracle Transport Management System (TMS): Inbound and Outbound shipment creation, load shipment etc.
- Co-ordinated with Price pro, Microsoft developers and business team to develop a centralized fuel survey process for the gas stations in USA, to establish competitive fuel prices for customers
- Requirement gathering and analysis for e-commerce online ordering system
- Developed wireframes for omni-channel project for the customer information and catalogue pages
- Introduced Business to Consumer (B2C) marketing tactics to increase the seasonal sales for AAFES’ ecommerce sites.
- Developed Statement of Work document for the Fuel EMV integration project, captured all the system functions, in scope and out of scope requirements for the system
- Conducted WAN and LAN offline testing, to test the Point of Sale behavior, documented the time taken for each payment transactions and provided solutions to optimize the time
- Trained store associates on how to use the new Microsoft Point of Sale system
Technologies Used: MS Project, Team Foundation Server, AX Back office, MS Dynamics, SQL, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Oracle TMS, IBM WebSphere.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
- Responsible for creating the Business Requirements Document with Functional/Non-Functional specifications as well as UI document.
- Extensively conducted workshops, JAD sessions as well as conducted WebEx meetings for the business stakeholders to elicit and gather requirements from the business users.
- Developed thorough knowledge on loan origination, loan monitoring and loan servicing processes.
- Designed Mock-up screens, wireframes and communicated across the technical teams as well as the business users to gather the feedback and reviews
- Responsible for creating UML diagrams such as Sequence diagram, process flow diagrams as well as use case diagrams to aid the technical team in developing the product to address and solve all the business scenarios.
- Facilitated the triage meetings and prioritized the severity of issues to resolve the bugs on a daily basis in multiple environments such as QA, UAT, CERT as well as PROD.
- Participated in the release planning to ensure the project scope and deadlines. Performed smoke test and documented release notes to maintain track of the new functionality and bug fixes.
- Extensively involved in testing of the data services through SOAP UI.
- Assisted the QA to create a test suite to cover all the scenarios with test cases and test strategies.
- Extensively used the Team Foundation Server (TFS) to manage the requirements and expose the traceability for racking the progress of the functionality development and defect tracking.
- Communicated the Change Requests with the Credit Technology department to set up schedules for production deployment.
- Facilitated Scrum ceremonies such as grooming, planning, demo, stand up as well as retrospective with an On-shore/Off-Shore model.
- Responsible for creating epics/features/stories and tasks in TFS and resolved impediments pertaining to the daily standup meetings.
- Managed issue logs through documentation and maintaining a parking lot list.
- Presented the Demo meetings with the product owner as well as the business users to receive signoff for the requirements and receive feedback.
- Participated in weekly grooming meetings with the Product Owner (PO) to prioritize the user stories and release planning.
- Acted as a liaison between the technical and the business teams to follow agile practices within the project and managed multiple tasks through responsible and critical thinking
Technologies Used: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid methodology, MS Office, MS Visio, IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) 8.5.5, Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS SharePoint, Soap UI, Oracle 12.c, Mock - Up screens.
- Created workflow models, information and business rule models, Use Case and Object Models
- Interviewed Business Users to gather Requirements, performed Business process mapping and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead
- Used MS Visio to prepare Business Process flow diagrams and portray high level business use cases
- Led and conducted JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis and design of the system
- Worked with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Cases for User Acceptance Testing
- Performed GAP/ AS IS - TO BE analysis to identify the deficiencies in the system by comparing the actual objectives with the desired system objectives
Technologies Used: Waterfall methodology, MS Office, MS Visio, SAP MM, SAP PP
- Handled RFQs, RFPs, proposal development, PO review, order management & collaborative project execution
- Negotiated supply contracts and through spend analysis, reduced the supply cost by $30000 per project
- Implemented continuous improvement methodologies including, but not limited to 5S, Lean
- Principles, FMEA etc
- Used oracle ERP system to store and access all data to manage CRM, SRM and achieve continuous improvement
- Carried out calculations to design the hydraulic circuit, selecting components, estimating the cost and assist in submitting the offer
- Redesigned the supply chain process by optimizing manufacturing foot print, utilizing the external manufacturers and with effective communication within organizational departments
Technologies Used: Waterfall methodology, MS Office, MS Visio, Pull methodology, 5S, process improvement.