- 5+ Years of Business Analyst experience includes; Reviewed, analyzed, evaluated business systems and user needs for COTS and custom Web 2.0 implementations in the financial, mortgage and government sectors. Working collaboratively with other team members, documented and managed requirements, defined scope and objectives, and developed systems to meet business needs.
- Strong business analytic and user interface design skills in an agile development environment
- Proven aptitude for change management delivery and identifying best procedural policy
- Excellent ability to organize, coordinate, and multi - task while giving attention to detail
- Advanced verbal and written interpersonal customer communication expertise.
- Considerable knowledge of business analysis and business process engineering best practices and initiated their use on several projects.
- Agile experience includes; leading sprints through sprint planning and development, creation and prioritization of the product backlog, as well as user story and acceptance criteria development. Experienced in leading sprint review and sprint retrospective sessions.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating remotely with agile development teams and project stakeholders.
- My exceptional interpersonal skills include; being highly adept at facilitating discussions and negotiations with stakeholders.
- Proven ability to balance multiple demands in a dynamic environment. I also possess significant experience in all phases of QA/Test including; test strategy development, test planning, test script development and test cycle execution and reporting.
- Fluent in use and implementation of change control and configuration management best practices.
- Developed and maintained requirements traceability matrices (RTMs).
- As an Agile business analyst, I have produced polished user stories and acceptance criteria. Prepared user interface design documents, user training guides, storyboards, wireframes and mock - ups.
- Great understanding of Service Support and Service Delivery Processes.
- Successfully worked with domestic and off - shore teams. Extensive experience of analyzing complex IT projects throughout SDLC - from scope definition to successful implementation using Waterfall and Agile framework (Scrum, Kanban, and JAD methodologies).
- Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Access
- Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, Clarity JIRA
- SharePoint, HTML, Visual Studio MS SQL Server, VMware
Scrum Master/Agile coach/Agile Business AnalystResponsibilities:
- Responsible for gathering analysis of monthly, quarterly and other financial reports used by country representatives and MCC management. Evaluated and analyzed function, errors and UI design. Eliminated duplications, merged reports and delivered more options based on user access. Linked existing open issues, analyzed data integrity and made recommendations to enhance function.
- Worked in Agile environment, participating in daily stand-ups and planning meetings. Worked directly with client SMEs in gathering and defining business requirements. Presented recommendations to client and wrote functional requirements document.
- Analyzed backend administrative controls used for forms and reports. Combined recorded system bugs with functional improvements into requirements document. Corrected inconsistencies, improved function and recommended enhancements.
- Focused Business Office (VIP) Dashboard application used in managing Information Technology projects developed in an Agile environment for the Office of Veterans Affair.
- Worked with developers of the Dashboard for preparation of training all VA users on the new Dashboard.
- Facilitated online, one-on-one and recorded training classes to VA managers and executives.
- Created VIP Dashboard reference guide as resource and step-by-step instruction for use of Dashboard application.
- Analyzed current work flow process of the Business Integration Confidential department and writing SOPs as needed.
- Developed solutions by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
- Assisted with the identification of risks in the current processes and procedures.
- Updated and developed code strings for Client Letter migration into HPX system. Wrote and updated the logic for current Confidential member insurance contracts.
- Processed contract requests for health care subscribers, making recommendations to streamline procedures. Trained internal departments to reduce processing time.
- Participate/facilitate Daily Scrum, Sprint planning, Release planning, Sprint review (Demo), and Retrospective meetings
- Maintain the project details on Scrum project management tool(JIRA)
- Designed claim processing work flows for the claims to be spoken through IVR.
Scrum Master/Business AnalystResponsibilities:
- Created quick reference guide as a handout for training sessions. Recorded training session using Adobe Captivate for on-demand training.
- Managed Dashboard Helpdesk. Served as Tier 1 support in resolving ticket issues and triaged tickets to Tier 2 developers support.
- Coordinated with VA Business Policy & Guidance lead and participated in weekly mentoring support and guidance sessions.
- Created SOP for Dashboard Help Desk ticket system. Initiated procedures to help streamline process and response time.
- Created SOP document for renewal procedures of operations for VA systems.
- Interviewed team members and analyzed existing processes to develop a detailed procedure for implementation.
- Business Analyst for Case Information Management System (Confidential) project using an agile development framework for Entellitrak application solution implemented by the Civil Division of Confidential.
- Performed requirements analysis of legacy system, creating requirements and traceability documentation with detailed specifications of functionality, applied rules, database tables and reports. Researched similar systems to compare functionality and UI.
- Assisted developers with user interface design and presented design to the client.
- Assisted testing team with regression testing
- Created Confidential (Computer Based Training) material using Adobe Captivate.
- Composed voice - over scripts to accompany simulated software training for more than 1,700 end-users within the Civil Division.
- Incorporated changes as application UI changed.
- Created training manual as part of an over-all training solution.
- Trained end-users and managers in classroom setting for various branches within the Division.
Agile Business ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Prepare statements of work as part of proposal submission process.
- Consult with stakeholders to determine the best implementation of Agile practices.
- Research and recommend tools for Agile process management.
- Mentor business analysts on Agile processes and traditions.
- Planned and led user review sessions to analyze current requirements and elicit potential new requirements.
- Responsible for training business analysts on the migration effort processes and procedures.
- Collaborated with the development team to break requirements solution into appropriate product backlog for release and sprint planning.
- Translated requirements into user stories using Agile methods and processes.
- Analyzed and elaborated user stories for upcoming development sprints and made them ready for development team analysis.
- Worked with development team on acceptance criteria.
- Performed backlog grooming tasks.
- Implemented and maintained JIRA for Agile project management.
- Developed an in depth understanding of customer requirements, business processes, and application(s) functionality. Served as the go to person for any requirements related issues.
- Took proactive approach in requirements elicitation. Collaborated with development team to produce quality user stories and functional requirements.
- Worked closely with the Product Owner to capture all incoming requirements and changes in the form of user stories.
- Mapped functional requirements into test cases and developed acceptance criteria(s) for all applications.
- Maintained product backlog, user stories and tasks in Rally.
- Maintained content for www.ed.gov using Drupal CMS. Technologies used include; Agile, Drupal, Java/J2EE and Flash. Used Drupal reporting functions to provide data, statistical reports on how content was being managed and maintained.
- Managed 3-member test team; developed test plans and test cases.
- Led JAD sessions to determine system and functional requirements
- Developed RTM and maintained requirements using Requisite Pro.
- Defined and tracked user requirements based on input from web tracking analysis reports.
- Created and implemented business artifacts within an agile development methodology for a web content management system for the Confidential (Environmental Protection Agency). Developed wireframes and web page layout from User Stories and collaborated with the development team who implemented proposed solutions.
- Participated in JAD (Joint Application Design) sessions with user community to solicit requirements to build the design requirements. Analyzed existing legacy application to develop a clearer, easier - to-learn UI (User Interface) with an improved use of screen real estate.
- Created new wireframes in Balsamiq. Responsible to ensure content was 508 compliant.
- Performed demonstrations of new application functionality for Subject Matter Experts (SME) at daily stand-up with Scrum Master. Responsible for conducting training and creating training materials for all Record Managers. Managed and created end-user and operational process documentation.
- Managed and created feedback forms during UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Participated in UAT test cases execution with QA team. Monitored feedback form. Authored content for online WIKI resource.