- Around 5+ years of experience in Design, Development, Integration, Implementation and Maintenance of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Platforms.
- In depth knowledge of SDLC phases such as Requirement analysis, design, development, implementation, deployment and maintenance with strong understanding of methodologies like Waterfall, Iterative& Incremental, Evolutionary prototyping and Agile.
- Extensive knowledge in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers, Cursors.
- Experiences on Tableau 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x tools include Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader, Tableau Public, and Tableau Server.
- Skilled Table au front - end BI developer integrated with multiple back-end databases and other various data sources
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations such as bar graphs, scatter plots, pie-charts, maps, funnel charts, lollypop charts, donuts, bubbles, etc. making use of actions and other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects such as Dimensions, Measures, Hierarchies, Filters, Actions, Calculated Fields, Sets, Groups, Bins, and Parameters etc.
- Experience in creating workbooks and dashboards using Tableau that includes tools like Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader
- Excellent understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Translating Requirements into Specifications and Application Design.
- Developed dash boards with rich Graphic visualizations, Drill Down and Drop-down menu options, parameterized using Tableau.
- Proficient in migrating workbooks between different environments in Tableau server using Tabcmd
- Experience in Tableau Projects (involved in the complete lifecycle from requirement gathering, data modeling - scripting, developing and testing dashboards using Tableau)
- Possess strong knowledge of database management in writing SQL queries using complex joins, grouping, aggregation, nested sub queries, and resolving key performance issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relational skills. Proven communication, presentation skills and leadership qualities.
- Knowledge to design right solutions with appropriate combination of Azure and custom technologies for deploying on Azure cloud.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team.
- Built data warehouse for Microsoft Adventure works 2012 database
- Created a Star Schema (Facts & Dimensions) using Extract, Transform, Load process (SSIS).
- Developed & loaded a dimensional model Data warehouse which is useful for OLAP purposes.
- Wrote complex SQL queries and generated different reports and graphs.
Business Intelligence: Tableau 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader, Tableau Server, Informatica, Alteryx, Power BI
Languages: Python, Oracle SQL, R, SAS, Shell Scripting, SQL-queries
Other ETL/Reporting Tools: SSIS, DTS, Asset Control BI, Informatica Power Center, R Studio, Microsoft Azure ML, JMP, Minitab, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , DB2, MySQL, Azure
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/7, Windows NT/2000, Server 2003, Vista,7, Unix, Linux
Tools: Toad, SQL Plus, SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Workbench, SAS/ES, Anaconda, Oracle, SQL Server
FTP Tools: FileZilla, CuteFTP, Putty, FTP Commander
Applications: Advanced MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Access, Adobe Dreamweaver, Apache Cordova, Spyder 3
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Tableau Developer/Business Analyst
- Extracted the business requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and documented it for the developers.
- Gathered requirements for analyzing and designing multi-dimensional reports.
- Identified system integration requirement, coordinated, the collection and verification of business needs, use case models for the functional requirement.
- Involved in Lead contracting division team in JAD sessions for project needs assessment for process models.
- Interacted with business stakeholders to understand their decision-making parameters, analyzing the available data to build Tableau Dashboards and managing the delivery
- Converted the Functional Specs to technical design and designed the overall metadata development in Tableau.
- Creating dataflow diagram and documenting the whole data movement process.
- Modeled star schema for reporting as per the business requirements.
- Experience with creating Worksheets and Dashboard.
- Using Tableau Desktop, created multiple rich dashboards visually telling stories of the business status, strength & weakness, potentials etc. for the client at a glance, also interact with data as necessary.
- Created dashboards for Engineers to measure performance of their field engineers and manufacturer defects.
- Preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- Using Multiple Measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
- Created role-based dashboards by implementing data/row level security.
- Migrated reports and dashboard from development to test environment.
- Training classes to the employees on Tableau software.
- Setup Tableau Server to publish and distribute dashboards easily.
- Develop, organize, manage and maintain graph, table, slide and document templates that will allow for efficient creation of reports.
- Working with Multiple data Connections.
- Assisted in mining data from Oracle database for specific reporting purposes.
- Updated mapping tables as per the functional needs.
- Provided support to business team by responding to ad-hoc data requests, answering questions, and providing technical support and analysis.
Environment: Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, SQL, Microsoft office, Oracle 11g
- Website Design/Development using WordPress
- Worked on a Project using Microsoft Access to create a Customer Tracking System to track customers, their status and information.
- Requirements Gathering and Analysis for the Customer Tracking System.
- Gathered requirements from users and created requirement documents.
- Involved in the administration tasks of Tableau server like installations, upgrades, user, user groups creation and setting up security features.
- Extensively gathered information by conducting walkthrough, workshop, brainstorming sessions and surveys. Identified the business requirements, analyzed and prioritized these requirements that should be included in advantage.
- Worked with database connections, joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Extensively used various techniques like Multiple Breaks, Sorting, Ranking, Report Filtering, Query Filtering, Alters and sections, if conditions while developing and creating the report’s.
- Prepared technical documentation for the reports in the process of migrating from development to production Environment.
- Also worked on querying /pulling data extracts (using SQL Server / MS Access) during the Data Cleansing / Migration phase of the project.
- Developed advanced queries using SQL to deliver or improve; process automation, data integrity, and adherence to business rule requirements.
- Managed & worked on secured Access databases. Creation of Access Forms (using VBA code) to update Oracle database & to pull reports as per requirements.
- Creation of customized Excel reports using VBA code with Access & Oracle databases as the Data source
Environment: MS Access, Tableau, SQL, Oracle, WordPress, MS Excel, Tableau Desktop 10, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) Confidential Sparkling Wine, Chicago
Business Intelligence Developer/Tableau Developer
- Interacting with business stakeholders to understand their decision-making parameters, analyzing the available data to build Tableau Dashboards and managing the delivery
- Using Tableau, created multiple rich dashboards visually telling stories of the business status, strength & weakness, potentials etc., also interact with data as necessary
- Provided BSC to the management analyzing KPI from Financial, Customer, Internal process.
- Embedded live Tableau dashboards on PowerPoint presentations, keeping the slides always updated
- Delivered dashboards tracking viewership, HUT and Advertising sales for a Media channel.
- Setup stand alone and distributed Tableau Server to publish and distribute dashboards easily
- Participated in discussions for Tableau Server architecture design on Cloud, enhancing performance, scalability and high availability
- Understanding of considerations for large scale architecting, solutioning and operationalization of data warehouses, data lakes and analytics platforms on AZURE.
- Participated in regular Technical Reviews, Defect review and walkthrough meetings with important project & business stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and SQL Scripts using MS SQL.
- Designed and developed various SSIS packages (ETL) to extract and transform data and involved in Scheduling SSIS Packages.
- Created SSIS Packages/projects to move data from source to destination by using Visual Studio 2012
- Developed and reviewed custom SQL queries with use of joins clauses (inner, left, right, full) in Tableau desktop to validate and reconcile data.
- Created various complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, CLR Procedures, Views, Cursors and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic.
Environment: Tableau 9.x, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Oracle DB, MySQL Server, Microsoft Office
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
- Had the opportunity to add numerous products to Confidential ’s online catalog
- Communicating to the Vendor regarding any issues/difficulties or products they want to sell on Confidential
- Verifying product information and creating ASINs (unique ID) before setting up the product online.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills in handling the data related to product and vendors
- Coordinated with client’s BI teams to deploy Tableau workbooks to Tableau servers owned by the BI team environments.
- Experience in validating and Analyzing data in worksheets using sorting, filtering, Vlookup, Hlookup, creating PIVOT tables and PIVOT charts, Index techniques.
- Creating user friendly reports in MS Excel (Highly proficient in pivot tables, v-lookups, linking of sheets, charts etc.),
- Involved in analyzing the data using PIVOT tables, Vlookup in excel sheet by saving reports in excel format from WEBI.
Environment: Business Intelligence (BI), Tableau, Microsoft Office
- Worked on multiple Mobile applications, games and simulations.
- Built, Tested and Deployed elevated level client projects.
- Worked as part of the team for gathering and analyzing the requirements.
- Handled projects individually and independently.
- Involved in the complete lifecycle of projects from requirement gathering, designing, developing and testing the application.
- Experience adding various plugins, ads etc., for the application.
- Performed optimization to improve speed, size and efficiency of the application.
- Hands on knowledge in porting mobile application to different platforms (using Unity).
- Performed debugging and testing on several projects to meet the deadline and align with the firm’s need.
- Handled Game Play Programming to improve the design and game play of the application.
- Worked on multiple projects at the same time within the team and handled multiple tasks.
- Involved in the development of custom stored procedures, functions.
- Involved in the optimization of SQL queries which resulted in substantial performance improvement for the conversion processes.
- Developed SSIS Packages for migrating data from different Staging Area.
- Implemented the Master Child Package Model for easier maintenance and better performance of SSIS Packages.
- Handled Full load and refresh load via staging tables in the ETL Layer.
- Installed and administered Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Team Foundation Server.