Job Objective: Senior Programmer Analyst/ IT Consulting
Summary of Qualifications:
Self-directed technical professional with over sixteen years experience in Information Technology environment. Results driven, with consistent track record of implementing and delivering technical solutions. Strong analytical abilities, strategic vision, proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and senior management to achieve successful results.
- Specialized in resolving complex design, programming issues and regression testing.
- In-depth knowledge of COBOL, Assembly Language and MVS/XA-ESA operating systems.
- Tools: IBM Mainframe Utilities, JCL, TSO/ISPF, Xpeditor, File-Aid, SQL, CLIST, VSAM, IMS, DB2 and SyncSort.
- Working knowledge of: Visual Studio 2010, HTML, XML, C# and JAVA Programming.
IT Professional Experience:
Confidential, Miami, FL 2002 - 2008
- Executed project level process changes within American Express (AE) main billing system.
- Provided root cause analysis and problem resolution to Systems or User ABEND Codes.
- Implemented SDLC methodology for all information system development projects.
- Managed business requirements to production problems within AE monthly cycle process.
Confidential, Miami, FL 1998 - 2001
- Provided functional requirements, technical and production support for their monthly Executive Profit/Loss Report System.
- Performed best practices to business objectives and resource availability.
- Created and implemented data handling routine that identify entity types for Y2K Data Conversion.
Confidential, CA 1983 - 1997
System Analyst/Network Reliability, Engineering Systems
- Recreated lost source code from existing SYSOUT print records; modify existing programs and re-structure the Network Reliability System, resulted in 2/3 reduction in CPU run time.
- Established Regression testing for all Engineering Systems upgrades.
- Maintained Traffic Messaging System written in COBOL, PL/I and Assembly Language.
- Managed service requirements that meet business high level Systems availability.
- Performed staged testing for batch and on-line systems.
- Chaired weekly meetings: conducted database reviews and problem resolution; modification of C/C++ programs for end user groups.
Confidential, Newark, NJ 1972 - 1982
Information System Staff Member/Customer Billing System
- Coached junior team members and provided project leadership.
- Developed and implemented Assembler Language Synad Error Routine Exit.
- Managed process redesign to the Customer Billing System, resulted in a saving of $200k.
- Provided status report to Technical Director on system performance (CBS) as well as technical representative to Bellcore.
IT TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
- Math: Reg. & Hon Students. 2008 - 2011
- Instructor: Administered the Computer Science curriculum for IBM 360/370 Assembly Language.
Computer Information System 1984
- B.S. Operation Research & Statistical Analysis.