Accomplished Business and Data Analyst with a proven track record of working on complex IT projects while exceeding expectations. Business process improvement & expert with skills in gathering business requirements, performing gap analysis, designing and defining process and system requirements
- Business and Data Analyst with more than 8 years of industry experience in Business Requirement Gathering, data modeling, software requirement analysis, process modeling, process flow, data warehousing and quality assurance, Project Management with Focus on Healthcare
- Organized many Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), walkthrough, Interviews, Workshops and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions with end - user/clients/stake holders and IT group.
- Knowledge of EMR/EHR, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act PPACA.
- Application of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and DBMS techniques with thorough understanding of various phases such as Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation and have knowledge on RDBMS.
- Experienced with class diagrams, Activity diagrams, deployment diagrams, sequence diagrams and use case diagrams based on Unified Modeling language UML architecture using Rational rose 2000 and MS-Visio.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis.
- Extensive knowledge on the various types of health insurance programs such as: Medicaid, Medicare (Part A, B, C and D), PPO (Preferred provider organization), HMO (Health maintenance organization) etc.
- Worked as a Scrum Master. Responsible for Facilitating Scrum Ceremonies - Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint-Review, Sprint- Retrospective and Backlog Refinement Meetings.
- Project Management skills including planning, scheduling, Had almost 4 years of experience with Data Services and data integrator and data services as an ETL tool monitoring and budgeting with proficiency in MS Project for planning & reporting and assisted Project Managers in the development of weekly and monthly status reports.
Confidential, Ridgeland, MS
- Worked as a liaison between technology and the business clients to improve business processes and support critical business strategies.
- Gathered requirements by using interviews, observation, JAD, brainstorming sessions, and documents analysis
- Responsible for Analyzing and documenting “As-Is” and “To-Be” scenarios.
- Researched and gathered detailed requirements and translated it into proposed systems system enhancements.
- Involved in maintaining the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across the deliverables for a project
- Participated in the creating complex Project Requirements Document (PRD) and creation of Requirements Management Plan (RMP).
- Responsible for Creating test plans, test scenarios and test data.
- Developed dashboard reports using Reporting Services, Report Model and ad-hoc reports
- Analyzed current PMO practices, corporate culture, process pain points and desired end point, crafted a PMO Design Lifecycle, Templates, and Artifacts to achieve project management goals
- Redefined many attributes and relationships in the reverse engineered model and cleansed unwanted tables/columns as part of data analysis responsibilities.
- Responsible for Test approach, work plan and designing the test Scenarios, test cases for Performance test requirements and assisted in requirements analysis and verification sessions.
- Responsible for successful user acceptance testing and release.
- Performed SWOT analysis to evaluate internal and external environment of the product and the company
- Worked as a Scrum Master, Responsible for Facilitating Scrum Ceremonies - Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint-Review, Sprint- Retrospective and Backlog Refinement Meetings.
- Designed the application using UML class diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Designed use-cases and use-case models to further refine the requirements and understand the business processes. Worked extensively in Rally tool to organize and catalog requirements, documents, user stories and mind maps
Environment: Use Cases, JAD, HP Quality Center, MS-Office, MS Project, Rally, MS SharePoint, Agile methodology, SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Business Analyst/Project Specialist
- Defined project scope and assisted the project manager in creating the business case and project plan.
- Analyzed and synthesized results from Joint Application Development (JAD), proposed alternative tasks and transformed those into Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Conduct root cause analysis for reported issues and build project repository, prepare future standards depending on root cause analysis.
- Constantly verified Requirement Traceability Matrix to determine if each and every Functional requirement is taken care of and a test script is developed and executed for the same.
- Involved in Data analysis for data conversion - included data mapping from source to target database schemas
- Improved Program Management Office PMO process in order to standardize project management.
- Responsible for preparing the use cases and for designing and developing object models, class diagrams, use case and activity diagrams with UML Specifications.
- Developed business flow diagrams, Activity/State diagrams and Sequence diagrams using MS Visio so that developers and other stakeholders can understand the business process.
- Worked on 834, 837, 835, 276, 277 and EDI Gateway.
- Used EDI tools to verify mapping to X12 format, recommend changes for system design, methods, procedures, policies and workflows affecting Medicare/Medicaid claims processing in compliance with government compliant processes like HIPAA/ EDI formats and accredited standards ANSI.
Environment: Agile, Microsoft Outlook, MS Access, MS Project, SharePoint, Gliffy, TFS, Clear Quest, UML, MS Office, HP quality center, JIRA, Confluence.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Business Analyst/Project coordinator
- Assisted Project Manager by creating project charter, scope and schedule.
- Worked in tandem with other teams of BAs, developers and testers throughout the entire development life cycle to manage requirements and build the final business requirements document.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix to validate and track the client requirements, test cases and the defects.
- Responsible for creating documentation, plans and presentations for all levels of leadership, including senior executives.
- Used data analysis techniques to validate business rules and identify low quality missing data
- Design and documented test cases and scenarios as per the applications requirements.
- Performed requirement analysis, went through all the use cases and workflows Analyzed the business requirements and technical specifications
Environment: Waterfall, Microsoft Outlook, MS Access, MS Project, SharePoint, UML, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office, Clarity (CA PPM), Confluence, JIRA
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
- Created business requirements documents, functional requirement documents and conduced User Interviews to identify and document the data discrepancies
- Participated in daily scrum meetings and coordinated monthly Sprint meetings.
- Involved in preparing product backlog and sprint backlog.
- Documented the test cases and created the requirement traceability matrix to demonstrate the test coverage.
- Established and maintained Business requirements in Rational Requisite Pro.
- Performed Data Analysis and Data validation by writing SQL queries.
- Created and updated the Sprint Burndown Chart and Product Burndown chart regularly.
Environment: Agile -Scrum, UML Rational rose, SharePoint, clarity, Jira, SQL Server, MS-Visio, MS SharePoint, UML, Confluence, Rational Requisite Pro
Client Relation Specialist
- Worked closely with the project manager, project team, business user representatives, subject matter experts (SMEs) to learn and understand the existing system for GAP Analysis.
- Assisted in writing a document on requirements traceability matrix.
- Facilitated Brainstorming sessions, Focus Group sessions, Questionnaires, Surveys
- Performed Gap Analysis to understand (Present State) and prepared ‘AS IS document’, identified issues and areas of potential improvement, using cost-benefit, duration analysis and formal benchmarking to create a ‘TO BE’ document.
- Documented requirements using the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Working on raw data which is in various formats (CSV, XML, XLSX).
- Working on unstructured and missing values data, cleansing it following the ETL rules.
- Collaborated with BA to capture functional requirements, specifically data requirements.
- Worked on creating custom reports, Drilldown reports
- Used SQL DML commands to retrieve data to perform data analysis and data validation.