- Business Analyst with 7+ years of expertise in Banking, Retail & Healthcare domains.
- Sound knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies in Agile and Waterfall models.
- Expertise in designing, documenting and reviewing Business Requirement Document, Functional Requirement Document and System Requirement Specifications.
- Adept in performing Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Sanity Testing, Functional Unit Testing, System Testing, Load Testing, Stress Testing and Performance Testing.
- Good understanding of relational database, object - oriented programming, data modeling, data mapping and data warehousing.
- Excellence in conducting GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis and ROI Analysis.
- Ability to analyze and define business processes both “AS-IS” and “TO BE”.
- Competent in creating UML Diagrams for Business Process Modeling like Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams.
- Skilled in conducting Joint Application Development sessions with End Users, SMEs and Development Team.
- Proficiency in designing and executing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Experienced in daily Scrum meetings and guiding or answering questions to QAs and developers regarding the Defects, Technical Specification Documents, and Mapping Documents.
- Involvement in Data/Dimensional Modeling; Data Extraction, Transformation & Loading (ETL); and Business Intelligence Reporting using Tableau.
- Hands-on in working with relational databases and applications for data retrieval and enhancements or modifications.
- Proficiency in working with all types of end-users to define business requirements, perform analysis, recommend enhancements, and redesign of existing operational systems.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Drafted the definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria for the well-defined low-level functional and non-functional requirement specifications.
- Documented the Business Requirements Document, Functional Requirements Document and System Requirements Specifications, and in coordination with the Product Owner and Project Development team set the release date.
- Facilitated and time-boxed the Scrum ceremonies (Sprint Planning Meetings, Daily Standups, Sprint Review Meetings, Sprint Retrospective Meetings and Grooming Sessions).
- Created GAP Analysis, Risk Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis and Porter's Five Forces Model to understand the AS-IS model.
- Resolved the external/internal impediments to shield the Scrum Development team.
- Created Mock-Up Screens and Wireframes using UI components for the Trade Order Management System for client verification.
- Helped Product Owner to prioritize the Product Backlog items for developing Sprint tasks by taking suggestions from the cross-functional development team.
- Used JIRA for drafting the User Stories and managing the requirements.
- Created and maintained Sprint Burn-Down Charts, Sprint Burn-Up Charts, Product Release Charts, White Board to keep track of the team's progress and the team's velocity for better estimation of the sprints.
- Wrote Test Cases, Test Plans and Test Scenarios/Traceability matrices used by the Quality Team for User Acceptance Testing.
- Active part of the testing of the system during Smoke Testing, Black Box Testing, Regression Testing and System Testing.
- Worked with the Product Owner during the Sprint Review Meetings for the Potential Shippable Product Increment (PSPI) and help decide which feature were DONE and satisfied using the acceptance criteria.
- Conducted ETL Workshops to understand requirements for Data Warehouse Design (Extraction, Transform and Load) operations on the database.
- Used ETL process to map data from different sources (Bloomberg B-Pipe and Thomson Reuters-API) to the Traders System enabling them to upload the order details as the business required.
- Used Tableau for reporting and analyzing the portfolio performance such as NAV, NPV, P&L, Asset Allocation, Country Allocation, Cash Flows, Profit and Losses of Hedge, etc.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Converted Business Requirements Documents into Functional Requirements Document and created Low-Level Use Cases.
- Created User Interface Document to express UI component design and navigation.
- Created Screen Designs for the development team to ensure client requirements were adequately represented.
- Performed GAP Analysis between the "AS-IS" model of the legacy system and the "TO-BE" model to identify the gaps logged issues relating to the identified gaps and worked with the SMEs to get clarifications.
- Created Use Case Documents and Process Flow Diagrams using MS Visio for all System Functionalities.
- Assisted developers in creating Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams.
- Conducted One-on-One Meetings and Web-Conferences as well as JAD Sessions with different Stakeholders; analyzed and came up with suggestions providing consistent process for the communication, escalation and resolution of issues.
- Prepared and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Tracked change requests and monitored workload and schedule.
- Interviewed Clients and Business Users to understand their Business and Functional Requirements, gathered their future needs and transformed them to Functional Specifications.
- Involved in interviewing Subject Matter Experts and carefully recorded requirements in a Business Requirements Document.
- Documented Requirements, Objectives and formulated systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Involved in regular walkthroughs and meetings to discuss bottlenecks in the system and possible solutions with the development team.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, St. Paul, MN
- Gathered Business Requirements from the Product Owner, Users and SMEs; documented them into Business Requirements Document and presented for approval.
- Facilitated JAD Sessions and prepared Workflow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Use Cases in order to gather Business Requirements.
- Facilitated all aspects of Scrum framework including Product Backlog, Release Backlog, Sprint Planning Sessions, Daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Reviews and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Maintained the Capacity Plan, Sprint Backlog, Velocity Charts and Burn-Down Charts.
- Identified and removed impediments to the success of the sprint by working with every single team member.
- Developed Use Case Diagrams and Graphical User Interface using MS Visio and Mock-Up Screens by analyzing the business processes to describe the functional requirements of the system.
- Facilitated in the process of creating the design of the application to enable the users to view the RSS Feeds to view the account and portfolio summary.
- Assisted the architects in establishing the relationships and schemas of the different data in the data warehouse using the Data Warehousing concepts and architecture.
- Used ETL tool such as IBM Cognos for handling data manipulation, mapping and loading the data into the data warehouse.
- Formulated SQL Queries to generate relevant reports from the Data Warehousing Informatica.
- Assisted in the data mapping to Charles River IMS, to create alerts, warnings and pre/post trade compliance rules from the enhanced system.
- Designed Test Cases and Test Plans for all processing using HPQC, hence developed the Test Scripts taking into account different testing such as Black Box Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Extensively involved in the User Acceptance Testing phase to ensure the requirements and functionality of the system was in accordance to the users and their feedback was incorporated.
- Assisted the team in post-production maintenance of the system as a liaison between the Business Users and the project development team.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Gathered final requirement and drafted the BRD and Business Data Flow Diagram.
- Involved in full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from GAP Analysis, Mapping, Implementation and Testing for processing of Medicaid Claims.
- Worked with Clients and other Business Analysts to design, develop and enhance Data Warehouse Models, Scripts, Procedures and Metadata for relational databases.
- Analyzed legacy systems, file and record formats, system flow charts and other information to develop a comprehensive depiction of the existing environment.
- Developed Business Crosswalks for 837 I/P, 835, 270/271 and 276/277 transactions per CMS - HIPAA implementation rules.
- Organized and hosted JAD sessions to identify the business flows and determined the impact on current and proposed systems.
- Developed strategies for the Data Warehouse while managing the data quality/integrity in the Data Warehouse.
- Produced GAP Analysis documents for both HIPAA 5010 and ICD-10 Enhancements.
- Worked closely with multiple teams to improve the overall reporting of the Claims, Payments, Real-Time Adjudication information.
- Worked closely with the overall project team in planning, coordinating and implementing QA methodology on various phases of project.
- Analyzed results of System and Regression Testing performed by test team and held meetings with Client and Management for Deliverable Approvals, Project Closure and Sign Off.
- Reviewed, entered, corrected and updated participating and non-participating provider data in various computer databases.
- Analyzed the client's applications to determine the impact of the enhancements on EDI Transactions Set and Code List implementation, and defined the changes to bring the affected systems into compliance.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Gathered Business Requirements by driving User Group Meetings and working with various global, cross-functional and virtual teams.
- Followed Agile and Waterfall SDLC Methodologies for project execution, and used Storyboards as one of the requirements elicitation technique.
- Consulted with healthcare third-party Administrator Company to develop conversion specifications for member, enrollment, and authorizations.
- Applied SQL and other data analysis tools to fulfill plan requested enhancements to existing data products to improve performance of HEDIS measurements.
- Identified/documented data sources and transformation rules required to populate and maintain data warehouse content.
- Designed the UI of the application, prototyping and wireframing in MS Visio for better illustration of the application.
- Responsible for GAP Analysis in changing old MMIS to new MMIS.
- Provided clear and concise documentation regarding requirements Management Plans, Functional Requirements, Supplemental Requirements, Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and OOD using UML.
- Managed the transition to new development standards, procedures and processes including the introduction of UML, Rational Products including Rational Software Architect, ClearCase and ClearQuest as well as the Mercury Test Suite.
- Created Test Plan and Test Criteria for User Acceptance testing and System Integration Testing.
ENVIRONMENT: Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, IBM Cognos, RUP, UML, JIRA, HP Quality Center, Tableau, Informatica, Oracle, HTML, XML, Java, Bloomberg B-Pipe, Thomson Reuters, Snagit, Power Designer, Silk Central, C#, .Net, ASP.net, MS Visual Studio, Angular JS, Team Foundation Server, MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS.