- Successful and solutions - driven Certified Scrum Master seeking to transition a demonstrated record of success in operations management, project management, and team leadership to a career role facilitating Scrum projects and initiatives for a world-class organization.
- Skilled in the principles of effective project, personnel, and program management, with experience that spans team leadership, client relationship management, requirements gathering, and process improvement.
- With Confidential, works with the Scrum Team to host daily stand-ups and Scrum ceremonies supporting high-profile projects.
- Offers professional certifications that include Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and memberships with Scrum Alliance and the International Institute of Business Analysis.
- Skilled in Agile and Scrum areas of focus that include ceremonies, artifacts, sprint planning, product backlogs, daily scrums, sprint review, and retrospectives.
- Builds and Leads Strong Teams
- Strong Work Ethic, Customer-Focus
- Skilled in Project Management
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience in Scrum Ceremonies, Daily Stand-Ups
- Securing Consensus and Buy-In from Stakeholders
- Improving Workflows Using Agile Methodologies
- Overseeing Quality Assurance
- Continuous Innovation and Improvement
- Leading Strategic Planning
- Training and Mentoring in Scrum, Agile
- Success in Operations Management
Microsoft (Word, Excel, Access, OneNote, Project, Outlook, Publisher, Visio, PowerPoint, Planner), Rational Requisite Pro, JIRA, Confluence, QuickBooks, Peachtree
Confidential, Washington, DC
Business Analyst / Scrum Master
- Orchestrates and leads daily stand-ups and Scrum ceremonies with the Scrum team, while working with product owners to plan sprints and manage product and sprint backlogs; ensures team accountability for all facets of analysis, development, testing, and documentation.
- Consults with product owners and quality managers at multiple sites to gather project requirements.
- Applies expertise in JIRA to track the status of issues and monitor project progress towards goals and deliverables; serves as a coach and mentor to teams of business analysts, helping to remove challenges, roadblocks, and bottlenecks.
- Builds release plans in coordination with Product Owners, Business Analysts and Developers.
- Served a key role supporting the implementation of Agile methodologies within the organization’s information security environment, collaborating with the Vice President of Information Security and senior advisors; led the team that transitioned 6000 laptops and servers to a new security product.
Confidential, Laurel, MD
General Manager/Sr. Business Analyst
- Led the gathering of business requirements to guide the selection of software for POS, financial management, customer scheduling, and database operations, working with two owners and the franchise president; oversaw the $1M procurement and implementation of an application following the evaluation of four vendors.
- Applied Agile Scrum and Waterfall principles, contributing to sprint planning, daily scrums, testing, retrospectives and sprint reviews.
- Facilitated work sessions soliciting the subject matter expertise of developers, product owners and business analysts; served as a liaison between technical personnel and functional business units.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Senior Business Analyst
- Served as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert, providing guidance and direction to individuals with limited to no experience in Agile principles; led training on the principles of Agile and the Scrum framework to accelerate the integration of these practices.
- Helped the organization to integrate Agile principles into a Waterfall environment, coupled with the implementation of DevOps.
- Coordinated and led the delivery of multiple Agile projects, including an initiative to update the policy information on the organization’s website that involved working with 13 department heads to establish all project milestones and deliverables.
- Coached product owners in the creation of appropriate user stories in compliance with requirements and acceptance criteria, as well as strategies to maximize ROI.
Confidential, Washington DC
Accounting Manager/Business Analyst
- Recruited to manage accounts receivable and accounts payable, budget variance analysis, and revenue projections for this leading provider of trucking services, identifying and reconciling all discrepancies.
- Examined key financial information to build budget recommendations and identify opportunities to lower expenses and improve processes.
- Engaged in document management, accounting, vendor expense tracking, and the administration of business unit charges to contribute the necessary analysis and information to support high-profile projects.
Confidential, Upper Marlboro, MD
- Established and strengthened strategic partnerships with youth and social justice organizations at the local, state, and national level; on an internal basis, worked with the Board Chair and executive committee to define, focus, and execute an organizational vision.