- Business Analyst with over 8 years of experience across Banking, retail, education, Mobile applications, and human capital management (HCM) domains.
- My strengths include business and system requirements analysis, process improvement and software project management spanning various facets like schedule planning, communications management and end - user training.
- Software Project management involving teams (engineering, sales, business) across Multiple geographies and client communication management using Agile methodologies using tools like Jira and confluence.
- Software systems gap analysis and development of Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Use Cases Specifications, Software Requirements Specification (SRS) and product roadmap.
- Experience in working for Retail Banking Group in cards and payments division
- Knowledge and understanding of application and system integration
- Experience in working with global and remote teams and managing customer expectations
- Experience working on JIRA/Confluence as an admin
- Expertise in B2B sales management including account management and client relationship Development activities.
- Proficient in all forms of testing including Functional, Integration and User Acceptance Testing across Web and Mobile applications.
- Advanced MS Office, Visio, PowerPoint and reporting tools
- Certified Scrum Master
Business Analyst/JIRA Admin
Confidential, San Ramon
- Migration of more than 200 projects from HP ALM quality center to JIRA platform, including more than 2000 user base.
- Created business requirement, mapping document and process flow for HP ALM to JIRA platform
- Prepared testing scope and training document for the users moving from HP ALM to JIRA
- Prepared roll out plan for seamless migration of projects in a phase manner to minimize user day to day deliverables
- Implemented Structure and Portfolio plug ins to better assist teams using JIRA/Confluence
- Automated the manual process of JIRA/Confluence requests through existing Enterprise ticketing system (Cherwell)
- Maintained boards, organized charts within JIRA and influenced best practices to team
- Creation of new JIRA Projects and setting up the projects based on user requirements
- Responsible for creation of custom workflows and adding post functions when required.
- Responsible for configuring custom fields for the requested issues types in specified Jira projects
- Responsible for conducting product backlog meetings, prioritize epics, user stories or requirements for upcoming sprint
- Collaborate with various upstream and downstream system stakeholders to understand the end to end requirements
- Study thoroughly existing systems and processes to assess gaps, analyze requirements, determine impacts, recommend solutions for batch, and online systems and processes
- Responsible for elicit requirements and document requirements or user stories, obtain signoff, support design and implementation teams on prototype development and design
- Provided build and test support for the duration of the project until delivery, support test plan, test strategy and test scenario creation.
- Provided build, QA, SIT and UAT support for the duration of the project until go-live
- Conducted training and Presentations to various teams for the partner applications and their interfaces with the core product, create training documentation and business process documentation.
Project / Business Development manager
- Identifying and initiating discussions with potential customers
- Gathered, reviewed and consolidated customer requirements to build product requirement documents
- Coordinating the interviews and resources with the HR department
- Negotiating the commercial rate for engagements working with vendor management teams and procurement teams
- Onboarding people to the project and educating about various business process involved
- Project Management of the software development and delivery to the client, including
- Schedule management, communications between engineering teams and client for multiple projects concurrently
- JIRA and Confluence administration
- Overall account management
Workday Business Analyst
- Worked directly with the client, secured requirements and created the product integration Requirement document and worked with the engineering team to execute the integration Implementation.
- Assisted the leadership team in all (Workday) HR system upgrades and implementations
- Assisted with conducting the global business process design sessions
- Conducted system testing according to Workday standards
- Designed and generated custom reports via Workday report writer
- Provided feedback to Talent Acquisition Manager on improvements to career site job
- Postings based on Employee system performance
Confidential, San Jose
- Planned, designed and developed Education Management System module configuration For staff, students and faculty
- Conducted interviews with key business users to collect information on business Processes and user requirements.
- Worked closely with local and offshore engineering team, to build core assessment modules for the system
- Extensive use of SQL queries for backend testing, D Confidential verification and D Confidential analysis.
- Worked with d Confidential base team to create SSIS and SSRS to do d Confidential reporting for executives
- Performed User Acceptance Testing
- Worked with Jenzabar for d Confidential migration to EMS
Business Analyst/Business Development
- Involved in creating targeted questionnaires and interviews for SME’s, clients and business users to gather requirements.
- Worked as a liaison between business users and developers to submit requirements and changes, clarify questions and issues.
- Participated in bug review meetings, updated requirement document as per business user feedback and change in functionality of the application.
- Single point of contact for the overseas backend operations and the marketing team.
- Monitored daily rolls system by looking into tutor student ratio.
- Prepared teams for presentation in schools, counties, and educational fairs.
- Facilitated sessions for requirement prioritization and identification of high priority functionalities.
- Conducted detailed and comprehensive Business Analysis by working with the client IT staff, project managers, team leads, SMEs, and other stakeholders to identify the system requirements and improvements.
- Documented comprehensive System Requirements Specification (SRS) document and user documentation in accordance to guidelines and standards of a level where developers can interpret, design and develop the application with minimum guidance.
- Followed the UML based methods using Rational Rose to create: Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams.
- Conducted walkthroughs to review architectural design with the internal teams
- Conducted walkthroughs for the users, developers and the quality assurance team.
- Worked with the HTML team to produce prototype screens and presented it to the users
- Attended JAD/JAR sessions to understand the communication from different stakeholders and their perspectives with each other to resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- During the design phase, worked with the development team to ensure testability, reliability, usability, maintainability and performance of an application
- Assisted quality assurance management team to ensure that requirements/technical documentation can be easily translated into test plans, test cases, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed.