- Sr. Business Analyst with over 9 years of experience in Insurance, Finance and Banking domain with all phases of SDLC: gathering requirements, documentation, analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of projects.
- Experienced in SDLC life cycle, understands the workflow concept, ability to gather and document the 'As-Is' and 'To-Be' processes.
- Experience writing Use cases and producing Use Case Model, Analysis model, Behavior diagrams (Sequence diagrams, Collaboration diagrams) and Class diagrams based on UML Methodology & Business process flow diagrams using MS Visio.
- Business writing skills in writing Business documents such as, Use-Case Specifications, FRS, SDS, and SRS.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis, ROI analysis.
- Experience to supporting strategic planning, goal setting, strengthen accountability, enhance decision making, and improve customer service.
- Expert user with modeling and analysis tools such as Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Rational Software Modeler, Quality Center, QuickTest Professional, MS Visio, MS Office QuickBooks and JD Edwards.
- Strong experience with RUP, Scrum, Agile, Waterfall and Spiral methodology.
- Requirement gathering through interviews, workshops, JAD sessions with clients, developers and QA Analysts and referring to existing system documentation and procedures.
- Experience in Validating and testing at all stages of SDLC in accordance to Sarbanes-Oxley, and HIPPA, Check 21, Basel II, US GAAP, and MiFid.
- Defining Test Cases, analyzing bugs, interaction with team members in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Possess strong analytical, verbal, documentation and inter-personal skills.
- Well-versed with MS Visio, MS Project, Rational and Mercury Interactive tools.
- Elicitation techniques like interviewing, questionnaires, brainstorming, focus groups, prototyping and facilitating JAD sessions.
- Dataflow analysis using use cases, data flow diagrams and activity diagrams.
- Facilitated preparation of SOX Compliance Review package under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act for various applications.
- Checking and Validating Requirements in conjunction with the stakeholders. Tracing and managing requirements throughout the development process.
- Managing reporting, analysis and decision-making for a change request using tools like ClearQuest and Excel.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent problem solving, team building, judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, mentoring and Technical writing skills including drafting contracts, documentation and editing of user manuals.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA Mar 09 to Present Role: Sr. Business Analyst Lead
- Conducted problem opportunity analysis, user interviews, gathered, analyzed and documented business requirements based on the analysis of HIPAA transaction processing workflow model.
- Reviewed Project Charter Documents, Business Requirement Documents for tagging and tracing to Use-Case Specifications, System Requirements Specification and UI Functional specification documents.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using UML and Rational Rose.
- Analyzed and prioritized key reports for day to day servicing needs.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Payer network, payer path, Tiger.
- Assisted client in developing content and training materials; recommended enhancements and identified new business requirements.
- Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by QA team to make sure that all requirements will be covered in scripts and tested properly.
- Participated in the bug review meetings, updated requirements document as per business user feedback and change in functionality of the application.
- Assisted with user testing of systems, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation was in place.
Confidential, New York, NY Jun 07 to Feb 09 Role: Sr. Business System Analysts / QA Coordinator (Government Project)
Responsibilities as Business Analyst:
- Interacted with the end users to identify and gather business requirements and transform them into functional requirements using Caliber tool and standard project templates.
- Conducted JAD sessions with the Business users, Technical architects, Data management team and the UAT team.
- Utilized RUP methodology to create Process Flow, System Flow, Use Case Diagrams and Interaction Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Identified and prepared Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and State Chart Diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology to defining the Data Process Models.
- Conducted walkthroughs of the various functional documents and involved in the preparation of the test cases, test scripts and Project plan.
- Worked as a liaison between the business users and the CAS AD team in resolving any design issues, change request approvals during design, testing and production phase.
- Worked as SME in Client Acquisition System and eNewBusiness – Underwriting application.
Responsibilities as QA Coordinator:
- Acted as QA Lead/QA offshore coordinator for 5 member of offshore testing team.
- Responsible for daily task assignment, knowledge transition, task reviews with offshore team.
- Defined and documented test plans for applications and ongoing projects
- Coordinated functional, regression testing and UAT efficiently.
- Conducted ambiguity reviews and test plan and test case walkthrough.
- Involved in offshore resource planning and estimation.
- Perform daily status meetings, status update, test execution and management using reporting.
- Using QTP, Load Runner tools for test automation.
- Verifying the backend by giving SQL’s through DB2.
- Involved in preparation of VB macros for ease of testing.
- Involved in integration test plan, test execution, defect management in every release.
- Successfully participated in one of the key Initiative in Aetna – Risk Based Testing Approach.
Environment: Rational Rose, WinSQL, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Mercury Quality Center, JSP, Java XML, Microsoft Office, Windows NT, IBM DB2, Microstrategy.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA Aug 05 to May 07 Role: Data Analyst/Business Analyst
Project I: Countrywide Transition – Mortgage and Home Equity Origination is being implemented to provide best of BAC/CFC Apply paths, tools, calculators and content regarding Mortgages and Home Equity to the customer.
Project II: Online Auto Insurance is being implemented to provide Bank of America and GEICO cobranded auto insurance, where customers can experience a differentiated offer, quote interaction and quality service experience; necessary to generate consumer traffic to a successful product offering.
- Captured the scope of the project by defining the boundaries, Critical to Quality objectives (CTQ’s) and the purpose.
- Conducted Gap Analysis by creating process flows highlighting the differences between the Current (As Is) environment versus the Target (To Be) environment.
- Created the Business Requirements Document (BRD) to clearly define each business goal in terms of meaningful and structured functional requirements along with detailed process flows (using Visio) and respective SIPOC analysis.
- Facilitated brainstorming sessions and conducted meetings to elicit requirements from the Business partners, Sponsors and Users.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions involving the management, development and user teams for clarifying requirements and facilitating better communication.
- Created Use Cases to support the High Level Design document in Analyze phase.
- Followed the Waterfall Model of software development implementing the Six Sigma methodology.
- Created conceptual wireframes to assist the developers in better understanding of the requirements.
- Supported the CIT and SIT testing teams for creating test plan and scripts.
- Created the UAT Plan and test scripts and participated in UAT.
- Created the Traceability Matrix to map the functional requirements with test scripts, wireframes and High Level Design (HLD).
- Used Mercury’s Quality Center to track the enhancements, changes and defects.
- Trained Users by documenting and giving presentations regarding the changes and new functionalities.
- Created Release Notes prior to each implementation.
- Created and maintained Meeting Minutes / Issues Log and ensured timely resolution of all outstanding items.
- Acted as a liaison between Technology and Business for clear and better communication.
Confidential, Boston, MA Jan 03 to Jul 04 Role: Business Analyst
This project was an online financial bundle trading system, which is aims to rebalance the portfolio of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds and mutual funds, commodities, options and futures. The application supports interaction between the public trader and the market maker. The project aimed at Fidelity Info system – ALS (Advanced Lending Solutions) application for real-time order matching between offers in order to maximize the trader’s market surplus. The processes were designed around the FIX protocol – a de facto industry standard.
- Coordinated meetings to gather requirements from end-users, and kept track with evolution of requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Developed and maintained RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix) and conducted requirements and design walkthroughs with designers, developers and management staff.
- Created and maintained test cases and test plan. Setup Microsoft SharePoint for better communication of documents and maintaining version history.
- Designed and led the development of critical enhancements, including bids-wanted and support for the FIX Protocol.
- Assisted the project manager in documenting meeting agenda and minutes of the meeting.
- Worked closely with the end users and decision-makers to develop the transformation logic to be used. Designed process flows for implementing, improving and reviewing the call centre activities.
- Performed querying with SQL programming with relational databases like Oracle
- Created use cases and corresponding test cases from requirements using Requisite Pro.
- Translated the business objectives into business and technical requirements creating Business Requirements Specification (BRS).
- Collected the requirements using JAD sessions, managed the requirements and change requests, making updated requirements available to all team members and stakeholders involved in the project.
- Involved in documenting the detail system design with the system architect and the development team.
- Documented the existing process, performed analysis, identified gaps and provided remediation plan for the processes
Environment: XML, Oracle9i, .NET, MS Project 2000, Microsoft SharePoint 2005, MS Word 2000, MS Excel 2000, MS Visio 2000, PowerPoint, Rational Requisite Pro
Confidential, Mclean, VA Jul 01 to Dec 02 Role: Business System Analyst
Project I: E – Book building (EBB) is an application used by Freddie Mac traders in support of their day-to-day operations. It includes the functionality to manage syndicated debt books, broker/dealer allocations for these books, and reporting of all these actions.
Project II: Loan Level Disclosure (LLD) Release 2.0 provides monthly updates to the investor community on Mortgage Backed Securities issued after Dec 1, 2005. LLD Release 2.1 discloses Current ARM Note Rate information in addition to the already available 39 variables.
- Understood the business process and developed a workflow diagram using MS Visio.
- Gathered requirements by conducting meetings and brainstorming sessions with end users and SMEs and documented them.
- Performed Gap Analysis of the As-Is and To-Be processes to identify and validate requirements.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Business Requirements Document (BRD) consisting of Functional and Non-Functional Requirements.
- Followed the Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology of iterative software development with its various workflows, artifacts and activities.
- Facilitated JAD sessions involving the management, development and user teams for clarifying requirements and facilitating better communication.
- Gathered and updated the required documents for SOX Compliance Review Package including Segregation of Duties form (SOD), UNIX Production Control ID and Verification Form, Control User Report, Compliance Data Security Request Form, Change Management Plan, ALCCB Charter and Meeting Minutes.
- Performed Data Analysis for LLD Release 2.0 which consisted of
- Creating a Database for the 39 variables
- Writing SQL queries to pull out errors and sorting them as per classification
- Creating charts in Excel depicting error.
- Creating and giving presentations for the results of the study
- Created Use Cases and Use Case Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Supported the Testing team for the creation of Test Cases and through the entire testing process.
- Mapped the test cases with the functional requirements in the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Performance Testing.
- Used ClearCase for version control of documents.
- Created Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the EBB application.
- Created and maintained Meeting Minutes / Issues Log and ensured timely resolution of all outstanding items.
- Worked as a liaison between the internal team (Freddie Mac) and the vendor (Grant Street Group).