- Versatile & result oriented Business Analyst with 7 years of experience in IT industry with a proven track record of working in self - organized, cross functional teams while interacting with stakeholders to deliver Quality software systems and enhanced Business processes providing value to the customers in various domains like Supply chain, E- commerce & retail.
- Specialized in developing and executing IT and business strategies for Lean manufacturing, Customer Focused designing, Operations Research, Production Process Improvement, Demand Forecasting and SKU- rationalization processes in areas like warehouse-slotting, Transportation-route planning, vendor analysis, Order & Inventory management and Customer Relationship Management to produce value to the business customers.
- Profound Knowledge on Supply Chain regulations such as RoHS, REACH, and the conflict minerals rule; that call for greater transparency to create a definitive strategy and real-time visibility across the supply chain, organizations which allowed us to effectively mitigate risks and ensure Regulatory, Account Payable, Procurement compliances.
- Diligently worked on technologies like Amazon Web Services platform & it’s components, Salesforce CRM and its integration with SAP ERP in various projects related to Supply chain Planning; experienced in working with Salesforce Classic and Lightning UI for custom theming, branding Wave and Einstein Analytics for predictive analysis.
- Competent in operating on Six Sigma, Just in Time (JIT), Lean Manufacturing Processes & have professional experience working on SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe 4.0), Water Scrum fall and also have theoretical knowledge on XP, RUP and Kanban.
- Familiar in performing GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements as well as conducted SWOT Analysis , Impact Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, 5-Why analysis, Pareto analysis, Risk analysis & baselining acceptance criteria and Feasibility Analysis.
- Orchestrated the requirements elicitation techniques such as Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Interview sessions, Document analysis, Focus Groups, Requirement workshops and Questionnaire over the years.
- Delegated the Project Manager in developing/assessing Project Management Plan, Project Charter & WBS; and documented the Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), System Requirement Specification (SRS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) as per the company’s requirement.
- Well versed in creating UML diagrams like Use Case, Activity, Sequence, & Class diagrams using MS Visio; and documented Mockup Screens & wireframes using Lucid Chart and Balsamiq.
- Extensively used JIRA for writing and managing User stories, Acceptance criteria & handling the Requirements Churn.
- Actively participated in Scrum Ceremonies like Release Planning, Backlog grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Retrospective while assisting Product owner in conducting prioritizing techniques like Moscow, KANO model and estimating techniques like Agile Poker, T-shirt Sizing and Relative Mass Valuation.
- Possess expert skills in retrieving data and data validation using DDL, DML & DQL statements to perform CRUD operations on SQL queries like Joins, views, Sub queries and Aggregate; with good understanding of Procedures, Functions and Triggers, also used Informatica Transformations (Filter, Source, Joiner etc.) for Data Modification.
- In-depth knowledge of implementing Data Warehousing, Normalization, Data modeling, E-R Model, Dimensional Modeling (star & snowflake schema) and Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes using (Informatica, MuleSoft).
- Comprehensive understanding about Databases, Data Table Structures, Data marts, Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Integration, Schemas and OLAP operations viz. Slice, Dice, Pivot, Roll-up and Drill-down
- Adept in web-service concepts like HTML, CSS, WSDL, WADL, SOAP, UDDI, REST, JSON, Parsers - SAX, DOM under various architectures like 3-Tier, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), & Micro Service Architecture (MSA).
- Assisted in creating automated test scripts for testing Web API using SOAP UI & Postman to check if the API's are returning the data in JSON, XML format, and documented APIs using Swagger Tool.
- Extensive knowledge of TDD, ATDD & BDD techniques for software development, also possess comprehensive understanding on Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) using Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Assist in creating Test plans, Test cases and Test scenarios for validating it with business requirements document and played a pivotal role in defect tracking & analysis, by documenting & tracking defects using tools like Jira & ClearQuest.
- Assisted the QA team to design Test plans and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing, Black-box Testing, Functional Testing, Systems Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Security Testing, Load/Stress Testing, and Performance Testing in both manual and automation testing environment.
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence tools (SQL2005, Einstein analytics) and experienced in creating interactive dashboards with heat maps, bar graphs, pie charts and pivot tables using Tableau and Excel for reports.
CORE COMPETENCIES & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Design & Modeling: MS Visio(v.15, 16), Smart Draw, Mockup screens(v.4.81), Lucid Chart, Balsamiq
Business Skills: Change Management, Problem & Incident Management, Impact Analysis, JAD Sessions, SWOT Analysis, Project Planning, Project Scheduling & Budgeting, Risk Management, Conflict Management, Excellent Communication, Competent leadership skills, Demand to supply Ratio (DSR)
Project, Productivity & Collaboration tools: JIRA(v.6.3, 7.0), HP ALM(v.11.5), Confluence(v.6.4, 6.3, 6.2), MS Office (2010,2013,2016)MS Project(2010, 2013), MS SharePoint(2010,2013)
SDLC Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, SAFe 4.0, Waterfall, XP, RUP, Kanban, Scrumban, Water Scrum Fall
Test, Change & Defect Management tools: HP Quality Center(v.11, 12), Selenium(v.3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6), Cucumber(v.2.0, 3.0), Load Runner (v. 11.5, 12.02), Postman(v.3, 4, 5, 6), IBM Rational Requisite Pro, IBM Rational Clear Quest, Service Now, Swagger(v.2.0, 3.0)
Database, ETL, Data analysis & Reporting tools: Tableau(v. 9.3, 10.0, 10.1), MS SQL server(2012, 2014), Oracle(v.9i, 10g, 11g, 12c), IBM DB2, MS Access(2010, 2013, 2016), Informatica Power Center(v.9.5, 9.6.1), MS Excel(2010, 2013), MuleSoft ESB(v.3.7), MS SSIS, MS SSAS, MS SSRS, IBM Cognos(v.10.2.2)
Data warehousing: Data Marts, Data Modeling, OLAP, OLTP, Data Mining, ETL, OLAP Operations like (Slicing/Dicing, Drill Down/ Roll up, Pivot), Star and Snowflake Schema
Architecture/Framework: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), 3-Tier Architecture, N-Tier Architecture
Operating Systems: Windows(XP, 7, 8, 10), OS(10.8, 10.9, 10.10), LINUX, UNIX
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Framingham, MA
- Conducted requirement walkthroughs to understand the benefits of the new system being implemented.
- Served as liaison between business & technology department, enhanced communication between executives & peers.
- Performed GAP analysis by creating AS-IS & TO-BE documents to identify existing system, current business process, methods to identify deficiencies, areas for improvement & enhancements.
- Carried out Cost/Benefit analysis (CBA) to check the net benefit and the feasibility of the project.
- Analyzed the changes performed in CRM application for marketing, sales etc., translated them to business & functional requirements for Sales and Service Cloud in Salesforce Development Cycle (SFDC) .
- Executed a Salesforce automation program with various modules like leads module, commission module and a forecasting module for boosting the product sales of the organization and its management.
- As a Business Analyst, I determined system and integration configurations, performing configurations, set-up changes, and worked with users to provide training, troubleshoot and assist in problem resolution.
- Created Users, Roles, Public Groups, implemented role hierarchies & record level permissions to manage sharing access among different users on marketing cloud in SFDC.
- Responsible for creating & documenting user stories, business rules, workflow diagrams & business process modeling (BPM) for the proposed functionality.
- Assisted in adding new custom objects, assigned fields, designed pages, components & custom reports in SFDC .
- Designed & deployed dynamic workflows, validation rules, Approval Processes & Auto-Response Rules for automating business logic with Sales & marketing cloud on salesforce.com.
- Integrated Web Services for extracting the data from external systems to display in Salesforce environment.
- Captured user requirements in the form of User stories and defined Acceptance criteria for each of them.
- Closely worked with the Scrum Master with burn-down chart, task board updates & Product Backlog reconciliation.
- Participated in scrum ceremonies like sprint planning, backlog grooming & sprint reviews .
- Created Service Transition documents like Service Availability Plan, Service Support Call Flows, Knowledge Capture Document, Disaster Recovery Plan & Business Continuity Plan .
- Facilitated meetings with Salesforce Admin, Developers and Architect to determine the data that should be integrated into Salesforce platform, as it was used for powerful data integration of OMS and IMS.
- Leverage knowledge of Batch Integration process by making REST’s Bulk API calls from the application to the API to upload the data and Lightning Bolt to fetch the data from Salesforce.
- Involved in identification and documentation of Salesforce APIs like REST, SOAP, Bulk, Analytical APIs .
- Used MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform for Salesforce integration to simplify the process of merging data, updating Salesforce with ERP data in real time , ensuring data consistency across Salesforce instances.
- Creating and integrating APIs that pulled data from multiple systems; and reviewed Test case, Test data & Test Scenario to make sure testing should perform properly.
- Closely monitored & performed Smoke tests, Facilitated UAT Sessions, worked on defect life cycle using JIRA.
- Created various Reports & Dashboard with Tableau & Power BI to assist managers to better utilize Salesforce components like Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud & Analytics Cloud.
- Actively participated in Post Production Validation (PPV) & handled issues appropriately.
- Used Sales performance management software Optymyze to improve sales operations and execute sales strategies.
Environment: Scrum-SAFe, Jira(v.7.0), Confluence(v.6.4), Salesforce, SAP ERP, Oracle(11g), Sales cloud, Analytics Cloud, Chatter, Einstein analytics, Fishbowl Demand Planning Tool, Windows 10, MS Office(2016), Tableau(v.10.0), Selenium(v.3.5), Swagger(v.3.0), MuleSoft ESB(v.3.7), MS Visio(v.15), SOAPUI, Optymyze.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Interviewed Subject Matter Experts and performed Extensive Document Reviews to develop a thorough understanding of business processes & analyzed the supply chain to aid Business Process Improvements.
- Performed Document Analysis and created process flow diagrams to understand the AS-IS process and collaborated with the team to design the TO-BE process based on the gathered requirements.
- Participated in Scrum ceremonies, extensively used Jira for converting requirements to User stories, assisted the Product Owner in writing acceptance criteria and framing Definition of Done(DOD) for the PSPI.
- Worked closely with the technical team to convert the functional requirements into technical specifications like Prototypes, Graphical User Interface (GUI) mock-ups using Balsamiq.
- Created Use Case diagrams, Use Case Templates, Activity and process flow diagrams using MS Visio.
- Documented the user requirements in the form of User stories and defined Acceptance criteria for each of them.
- Assisted the Scrum Master with burn-down chart, task board updates & Product Backlog reconciliation; and participated in scrum ceremonies like sprint planning, backlog grooming & sprint reviews .
- Selected appropriate Amazon Web Services (AWS) to design & deploy an application based on industry standards and requirement; also participated on an on-going basis on project technical reviews and audits.
- Involved in key decision making for selection of AWS components used various functionalities like Data/file storage based on AWS Lifecycle requirements (S3/Glacier), Log collection and analysis (CloudTrail, CloudWatch, others); DynamoDB table design including partition/sort keys and secondary indexes.
- Involved in designing a migration plan for client applications utilizing the AWS stack (Including EC2, Key Pairs, Security Group, ELB, Elastic IPs, Auto Scaling, S3, EBS, EFS, Glacier, RDS, Cloud watch).
- Assisted in designing resilient and highly available architecture for E-Commerce website, load balancing, both RDS (MySQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB), Autoscaling, SQS.
- Involved in creating Logical and Physical Data Models, including identification of SoRs (complex on-premise SQL Server Databases and Oracle Schemas) and data mapping from source to target.
- Reported Normalized and De-normalized tables for development work in AWS components, in co-ordination with AWS developers, column-oriented storage for query optimization and object modelling, compression encoding to ensure data types are grouped together and participated in Technical Design Authority meetings for AWS Development patterns (S3, Lambda functions (Python (boto3)), Glue, SQS, DynamoDB).
- Acted as a Point of contact(POC) between technical teams (Developers and Architects), documented Networking design for VPC Peering projects; and worked with Project managers and lead for guidance on AWS Virtualization.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, application of life cycle policies and the IAM role-based policies; Implemented, maintained the monitoring and setting up alerts of production, corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Managed RAC environment for Day to Day Database administrator, Performance Tuning.
- Created API documentation using Swagger and communicated it with the developers to serve as a POC.
- Assisted creation of Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and updated Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and actively participated and facilitated testing of the system during Smoke Testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing and Regression Testing with the help of QA.
- Assisted testing team in UI testing using Selenium and documented the defects in the Jira.
Environment: Scrum-SAFe, JIRA(v.6.4), Confluence(v.6.2), MS Visio(v.15), AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon S3Amazon DynamoDB & Cognito, HP Quality Center(v.12), Swagger(v.3.0), Postman(v.5.0), Selenium(v.3.4).
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
- Performed GAP analysis on the current system "AS-IS" with desired system "TO-BE" to understand the existing sales territories based on prospects and market characteristics.
- Conducted interviews and 360 Degree Feedback sessions with Development team and Business users (i.e., including Sales reps, Territory Managers, Forecast Manager) to elicit requirements of the project and created user stories in JIRA .
- Proficiency with sharing model with in-depth understanding of Organization wide defaults, role hierarchy, territory hierarchy, sharing rules, Public groups and manual sharing of records.
- Worked with business users in ongoing development, evaluation, configuration, and maintenance of existing Sales console and optimized security settings for various modules of Salesforce using Enterprise Territory Management.
- Assisted the developers come up with simple solutions to the customer’s problems through customization across the entire Salesforce platform; supported all open, closed/lost opportunities, forecasts and territory management.
- Documented and created Users, Profiles, custom page layouts, validation rules , and Visualforce Pages to suit the needs of the application and improve Customer (Leads) coverage.
- Implemented Service Transition documents like Service Availability Plan, Service Support Call Flows, Knowledge Capture Document, Disaster Recovery Plan & Business Continuity Plan .
- Attended meetings with Salesforce Admin, Developers and Architect to determine the data that should be integrated into Salesforce platform, as it was used for powerful data integration of Order Management System.
- Configure Territory settings to control user access to opportunities and cases associated with accounts in respective territories and analyzed the imbalanced territories and remove geographic inefficiencies to reduce travel expenses.
- Worked with internal representatives and IT team to perform data integrity and manipulation tasks such as merging duplicate records and establishing proper ownership of existing leads in accordance with digital territories.
- Assisted in keeping the data clean by implementing best practices workflow fields, data validation rules, custom picklists , look up fields to bulk load data through Data loader.
- Maintained Gantt charts to track project progress adhering to its timeline and schedule.
- Maintained requirements and applied change management (Change Sets) processes, and also communicated system changes in advance so users understand the change prior to its implementation.
- Provided detailed end user documentation or training manual and monitored workflow operations for more fair distribution of workload and incentives; and assisted testing team in UI testing using Selenium.
- Documented API using Swagger and communicated it with the developers to serve as a POC.
- Assisted & reviewed creation of Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Played a role in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and actively participated and facilitated testing of the system during Smoke Testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing and Regression Testing with the help of QA.
Environment: Agile-RUP, MS Project(2013), Salesforce.com, Sales cloud, SAP Power Designer(v.16), MS Office(2013)MS Visio(v.14), Data Loader, Import Wizard, APEX programming, Swagger(v.2.0), Postman(v.4.0), Selenium
Business Systems Analyst
- Responsible for establishing, & performing business process engineering analysis, & modelling of business processes.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD) with the help of system Users, that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype & overall system.
- Directly interacting with the Stakeholders/Business Managers & served as a primary point of contact for Data warehousing & reporting solutions depending on project requirements.
- Understood the AS-IS and TO-BE system with proposed features in GAP Analysis on every aspect of DWH and was involved in reporting the impact of implementation in Supply Chain management systems.
- Served as a liaison between company business areas and the data management team to develop the data and business requirements for the data warehouse, data modelling, ER diagrams, data flow diagram, and workflow analysis.
- Extracted, combined, and filtered data sets from source systems, as well as utilizing external data sources to meet client specifications, also conducted regular auditing to identify data integrity issues and identified system data flow.
- Worked with the development Team to write user stories in INVEST form with valid acceptance criteria, facilitated and attended Scrum ceremonies, and analyzed Change Requests and updated them in requirements documents.
- Analyzed data contained in the data warehouse using SQL-CRUD Operations and used Tableau to confirm data accuracy and integrity of the reports also to find seasonal trends in the data and report findings to the management.
- Analyzed & conducted data mapping from source to target location & performed data profiling to check data integrity, and assisted data engineer in designing, building and validating an optimized Star Schema data structure.
- Responsible for designing & supporting the components of data warehouse, such as ETL processes, databases, data analysis in OLAP cubes (ROLAP), reports , & reporting environments.
- Extensively used MySQL for querying underlying database tables & resolving data issues, actively participated in validating the data, manipulating & updating the table using SQL.
- Identified & documented SOAP API using Swagger & involved in testing of APIs using Postman.
- Actively involved in defect tracking & defect life cycle management using defect management tool JIRA, responsible for defining the Test plan, analyzing the Test scenarios, preparing Test case documents, defining the performance environment requirements, and also designed & executed automated unit, regression & performance tests & facilitated in UAT.
Environment: Scrum, JIRA(v.5.3), Confluence, Oracle(10g), MS Visio(2012), XML Copy Editor, Swagger(v.2.0), Postman(v.4)MS Excel(2010), MS PowerPoint(2010), Oracle ERP, Salesforce, Informatica(9.5), MY SQL, Tableau, Selenium.
- Followed a structured approach to gathering and formalizing business requirements expressed by managers, process owners and operational users of the information system in Water Scrum Fall environment.
- Analyzed inventory requirements from B2B & B2C clients and based on sales developed a process to optimize orders that needed to be fulfilled based on SKU dimensions , pallet sizes, customer requirements and delivery requirements; followed the omni channel fulfillment strategy for tracking inventory and sales.
- Led, developed and implemented process improvement tools to maintain optimal inventories throughout the supply chain process by researching and validating order management, fulfillment, and distributed inventory processes.
- Gathered and implemented requirements around reporting and dashboards of key Supply Chain KPIs based on product offerings, historical sales data, order history and partner fulfilment data across key business groups.
- Conducted JAD sessions with end-users to identify user requirements and to collaborate with developers for application development and was involved in designing User Interfaces for developing prototypes.
- Captured system requirements by writing Use Cases developed procedures for processing of data and made process flow diagrams involved in reviewing Entity Relationship, Data Flow, State Transition and Class Diagrams.
- Developed Test Cases to validate the requirements and documented the Requirement Traceability Matrix for keeping track of all the Test Cases and user requirements till they are executed.
- Interfaced with developers to identify and resolve technical issues and bugs in the software, and also validated requirements with development, testing & production teams concerning release management policies & procedures.
Environment: Water Scrum Fall Methodology, HP ALM(v.12), NetSuite ERP(2010), SAP Power Designer(v.16), Microsoft Office (2010), MS Project(2010), MySQL(v.5.6), OS(v.10.9), MS Visio(v.14), Selenium(v.2.22), Tableau(v.7.0)
Business Analyst/SQL Developer
- Actively participated in JRP & JAD sessions with the management, vendors, users & the Information Technology team members for open & pending issues to develop specifications.
- Worked with the technical team to discuss the business requirements, workflow, data availability & environment details to plan phases(Initiation, Planning, requirements, design & development, testing etc.) in development.
- Created Data mapping specification document using the Entity Relationship (ER) Diagrams to the proposed databases and maintained referential integrity, domain integrity & column integrity by using the constraints.
- Identified columns for Primary Keys in all the tables at the design time & created database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, Triggers etc.; and u sed DDL, DML & DQL statements to perform CRUD operations on database queries like Joins, Subqueries, & Aggregate functions to retrieve, create & modify data in multiple sources.
- Developed test scripts in PL/SQL to check the data integrity from the databases, used different Joins(inner, Left, Right, Outer join) statements to Join multiple tables in the database.
- Designed, Developed & Deployed SSIS Packages, created cubes in SQL Server Analysis Services and developed reports in SQL Server Reporting Services; and worked on the SQL tuning & optimization of the Business Objects reports.
- Created Hierarchies as per the business rule for the reports to be viewed at various Drill-down & Drill-up reports.
- Worked along with the testing team to derive test cases, test plans for efficient Data reporting and also conducted the Unit testing, prepared the testing document, creating the error log document & facilitated UAT.
Environment: Waterfall, MS Project(2007), MS-Office(2007), MS Visio(v.12), Balsamiq, MS Access(2007), MySQL(v.5.5), MS SSIS(2008), MS SSRS, MS SSAS, Business Objects 6.5 Designer, Windows XP, IBM Rational Rose