- 7 years of extensive experience in all phases of SDLC (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Deployment and Support) for enterprise and web - based applications in Confidential (Clearing & Custody, SWIFT messaging & Straight through processing, Reference Data, Forex Services & Bloomberg / Reuters per security)
- Good knowledge and working experience with Java, Python, C++ and Pro*C based applications
- Hands on experience with RESTful Web Services development
- Working experience with Active MQ&Tibco EMS Messaging system
- Strong experience in writing/optimizing complex SQL / TSQL queries & Stored procedures for Oracle and Sybase server (RDBMS)
- Expertise in Shell scripting for automation and File handling
- Improved operational efficiency by 50% by automating manual tasks and revising alerts
- Implemented Design Patterns for Stand-alone and Web applications
- Experience in setting up Splunk and App Dynamics Dashboards and Alerts for monitoring and performance measurement
- 5+ years of Production/Application support experience with excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Saved operation costs by 30% by addressing outstanding bugs
TECHNOLOGIES AND TOOLS:
Programming languages: C, C++, Pro*C, Java, Python
Scripting: Shell, Python
Job Scheduling: Autosys, Ctrl-M, Crontab
Web Services: RESTful, SOAP
Web Technologies: HTML5
Databases: Sybase, Oracle, DB2
Messaging: Active MQ, TIBCO EMS
Version Control: SVN, GIT, GITHUB
Monitoring/Performance Management Tools: Splunk, AppDynamics, ITRS (Geneos)
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ, PyCharm
Build and Integration Tools (CI/CD): Jenkins, Hudson, make, maven
Design Tools: Microsoft Visio
Operating System: Mac, Windows, Unix, Linux
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, ITIL
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA
Other Tools: NAS, NDM, Confluence, ETL informatica, Sharepoint, Postman, SOAPUI, JMeter, dbx, BMC Remedy, putty, Jmeter
Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Handled requirement gathering, impact analysis, proof of concept testing and preparing design specifications.
- Developed Java Spring Bootbased RESTful services to view Assessment report and tested using Postman (REST client)
- Supported system integration and user testing and handled change management, release management (deployment/implementation )
- Performed regression and performance testing using JMeterto support application components upgrades
- Setup AppDynamics for monitoring and performance analysis and addressed bottlenecks in the system in terms of memory
- Monitored application using Splunk and setup alerts in ITRS and Splunk.
- Documented architectural flows and process documents to improve user training and reduce on-boarding time
- Analyzed, troubleshooted functional/technical production issues in the application and addressed them
- Interacted with cross functional teams across regions
- Developed vendor feed handling application, using Python&Shell scripting which acquires trade data from external sources and distributes to multiple downstream clients
- Managed the data extraction from file, transform and load into Oracle DB using ETL informatics
- Managed data persistence in a bi-temporal DB and extraction of application specific data and reports and ensure effective data transfer to clients via feed files, data transfer via XML using queues.
- Supported the web application which process the data received in feed files and distributes the data across the all applications in the bank by means of DB reads, Queues, XML files
- Managed transfer of request files from in-house applications to vendors and to pull the response files from vendor and pass it on to the respective applications (per-security processing between external vendor and bank systems)
- Migrated application from Unix to Linux and promoted secure file transfer.
- Documented and maintained knowledge base for all processes (user training) and recurring issue
- Analyzed ticket trends and fixed recurring bugs and manual tasks.
- Ensured the automated jobs operate efficiently and work on anomalies.
- Handled application deployments/upgrades and maintenance.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Gathered requirements from Clients, analyzed the impact, designed oops model and prepared program specifications and handled maintenance changes and bug fixes.
- Developed the NCS system to combat with the changes done in the interfacing CBEST transaction processing system of KSEI Depository using C++, Pro*c and Scripts
- Handled a data migration project which is to rebase Zambian currency and its value through shell scripting
- Performed Unit, Integrated and Regression Testing and supported User Testing.
- Prepared handover documents, release notes and implementation plan for deployment .
- Conducted technical/functional sessions for training and development
- Collaborated with business stakeholders and cross functional teams across regions.
- Troubleshoot system issues and provided workaround for immediate resumption of the system
- Provided bug fix and automated solutions for outstanding known issues and manual tasks/activities, analyzing the ticket trends.
- Fine tuned Production Proc*C binaries/stored procedures which were long running and locking data for improved performance.
- Introduced archival and fine tuned the T-SQL queries of crystal reports to improve the performance.
- Handled the system in times of natural calamities like typhoon(TW) and built automated solutions using shell scripting.
- Monitored Production Systems, handled job failure and EOD, resolved incidents, problems.