- I’m a Senior Business Technologist working at the busy intersection of Business, Technology, and Communications.
- I have 18+ years of requirements gathering, process mapping, web services integration, website development, technical writing, test plan creation and execution, and work team formation and management.
- Companies have given me titles like IT Director, Senior Business Analyst, Manager of Web Services, Software Developer, QA Manager and Communications Consultant.
- No matter my title, I’ve always been a creative, persuasive and tireless problem solver responsible for developing IT strategy, implementing that strategy to cost effectively fit business needs, and effectively communicating the project’s progress to all stakeholders.
- I’ve been successful at integrating systems, people, processes, and technology during times of extreme growth and change, and I enjoy it.
- As a logical, process oriented and strategic long term thinker, I welcome the addition of Salesforce Administration to my skills toolbelt and look forward to leveraging its power.
- Certified Scrum Master
- Requirements Writing and Analysis
- Elicitation Capture & Validation
- Post - merger Change Management
- Skilled in Scrum, Kanban & Waterfall
- Technical Writing
- Training (group & 1:1)
- Meeting Facilitation
- Project Management
- System Integration
- Corporate Brand Management
- Rapid Process Mapping ™
- Root Cause Analysis
- SDLC Roadmaps
- RFP and SOW Responses
- Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Biztalk
- MS SQL Management Suite
- Salesforce (Sales & Service Cloud)
- Splunk (root cause analysis)
- Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Adobe Premier, InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Contribute, Pagemaker
- Rally for Agile Project Management
- Axosoft Bug Tracker
- Microsoft Power BI
- ColdFusion Studio
- Altova XML Spy
- XML Stylus Studio
- WCF Service Trace Viewer
- Innovasys Help Studio
- Google Analytics
- VMWare Studio
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Joomla (CMS)
- Wordpress (CMS)
- Telerik Test Studio
- Browserstack (online service)
Confidential, St. Paul, MN
- As Director of IT, in charge of Business Analysis, IT Project Management, and IT Vendor relationships
- Directed selection and installation of cloud-based call center phone system
- Completed long-delayed launch of new online marketplace combining multiple insurance products and carriers, multiple webservices, two development teams and a single cart checkout transaction
- Responsible for all development, testing and maintenance of agent tools websites, calculators, online appointment forms, and Salesforce integration
Senior Business Analyst-Consultant
Confidential, Bloomington, MN
- Using requirements elicitation interviews and a team rapid process mapping exercise, created detailed 3 year IT project roadmap for newly merged AmeriPride and Aramark
- Analyzed end-to-end large appliance installation and delivery processes for Confidential, creating as-is process maps from on-site analysis of Bloomington, Atlanta, Orlando, and Miami distribution centers.
- As Technical BA for Confidential ’s backend engineering group, provided requirements, acceptance criteria and design assistance using Jira and Confluence (both Scrum and Kanban).
- For Confidential, created process flows and rollout strategy for the introduction of a custom automated regression test tool built in Ab Initio (ETL). Created SharePoint site using Managed Metadata to support custom regression testing.
- Also conducted training seminars for offshore QA personnel.
Project Manager / Software Engineer / QA Manager
Confidential, Minnetonka, MN
- Managed development roadmap and feature development (C#, C++, Ruby) for Confidential Windows Window Studio™ with each semi-annual release budgeted between $300K - $1 million
- Documented requirements for Window Studio and performed post-release phone and email support
- Directed efforts of offshore developers and testers for both development and QA efforts using both waterfall and agile development methodologies using Rally and MS Project software
- Created personas and user acceptance test (UAT) plans with internal and external subject matter experts (SMEs) for all our highly complex energy simulation software products
Software Development Manager
Confidential, Eagan, MN
- Managed 10 developers and a $1.2 million annual budget coding ASP, JSP, RUBY, Actuate, and SQL
- Reduced annual employee turnover from 40% to 10% and integrated 6 more developers from merger
- Led software design sessions with Confidential Inc. for their custom feedback/review software
- Produced post-merger development roadmap as part of the strategic product portfolio team
Manager of Web Services
Confidential, Maple Grove, MN
- Designed, developed, and implemented client/partner integrations using HR-XML standards
- Produced all integration documentation and APIs for client/partner integrations using Word and Visio
- Integrated new Onboarding software and consultancy services into development portfolio