Dedicated CPA with more than twenty years of experience developing and implementing financial systems, strategies, processes and controls that significantly improve P&L scenarios. Expert in establishing accounting functions, systems and best practices; cost - reduction, automation and tax strategies; and lasting business relationships to ensure goal-surpassing fiscal performance.
Senior Financial Analyst/ Controller
- All accounting related functions for daily transactions and month end preparation of journal entries, financial statements, analysis and reconciliations. Report to corporate using various software such as Oracle, Nexus, Excel, and SQL. All reporting must comply with SOX. Prepare PowerPoint along with Metrics analysis for presentation in monthly leadership meetings. Use Ontrack to set goals and evaluate accomplishments for ourselves as well as subordinates. Help set up new customers and get credit approvals. Set up vendors, approve check request and sign checks. Approve purchase through a program called Ariba and approve credit memos.
- Accomplishments include saving a physical inventory that had been corrupted accidentally. Completed reconciliations that had been neglected for more than two years.
- Controller responsibilities for larger corporations for several years on full-time basis, including general ledger entries and financial statements. One position included Human Resource responsibilities, managed 3-4 staff.
- Temporary assignments in accounting functions for several corporations and a hospital.
- Provide tax planning and preparation to corporations, individuals, non-profits and partnerships.
- Prepare Corporate and Individual Income Tax Returns, Federal and Various states.
- Prepare payroll, State unemployment tax returns, Federal unemployment tax returns, State Income Withholding tax returns, Local property tax returns, State Sales tax returns, and any forms that client needed prepared to assist with business and government entities.
- Worked with local CPA firm for entire year as Director of Tax Consulting, did research on variety of issues as needed, worked with Chicago CPA firm as tax manager one season and various other local firms during tax seasons.
- Assist with payroll and related tax reporting.
- Perform consulting work with QuickBooks, Peachtree and various other programs within companies as needed.
- Process payroll through ADP on consulting basis for local manufacturer.
- Met with several IRS auditors on behalf of clients to resolve issues.
- Experience with a variety of tax software programs due to working within various CPA firms.
- Prepare forms associated with individual and business income tax returns including 1120, 1120S, 990, 706, 940, 941, and 1065 forms.
- Worked on a temporary assignment with large corporation in Pittsburgh on tax compliant issues.
- Taught several college classes in Finance and Cost Accounting and motivational speaker with Weight Watchers.
- Dealt with managers from every department to gather information about procedures within bank.
- Special reporting every six months which were used to determine functions the bank should continue to provide and what should be charged.
- Assisted with annual budget process which included dealing with all department managers.
- Assisted with month-end financial reporting as needed.
- Accomplishments include year end budget process was reduced by more than 75%, first to process product profitability study and complete for more than a year.
- Performed tax preparation for individuals as well as businesses.
- Audit work with clients in medical, manufacturing and banking.
- Doctors Partnership - Directly reporting to Partner-in-Charge.
- Medical Clinic - Directly reporting to Partner-in-Charge.
- Assisted with tax season preparation for individual and corporate income tax returns. Prepared multiple state returns.
- Worked with Florida Intangibles and local property tax returns.
- Extensive travel for audit work.
- Clients included manufacturing, banking, publishing, oil, governmental, and coal mining.