- Over 10+ years of combined Business System Analysis and Quality analysis experience with an emphasis in analyzing and QA back - end databases, web-apps, client-server apps and mainframe apps for the airline, retail, healthcare, credit card, insurance, finance, and investment industries.
- Proficient in developing efficient business relationships with various client teams in order to process and support requirements, develop tactical and strategic plans to implement technology solutions, and effectively manage client expectations.
- Experienced in facilitating and conducting SCRUM sessions, JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions, Rapid application Development (RAD) and Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions, and requirement elicitation sessions and end-users, clients.
- Successfully managed complex projects with global implementation, and rapidly evolving requirements.
- Experience in writing requirements and specification like Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Document, Epic, Themes, User stories, Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), Data Dictionary, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Defect Traceability Matrix (DTM), RACI, User Guides, and Release Notes.
- Tracked and managed product backlog, burn-down metrics, velocity, and task breakdown.
- Proficient in Requirement Management, including gathering, analyzing, detailing and tracking requirements in both Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Experience as a liaison between mortgage specialists and the project team.
- Effective communication skills and record for coordination between globally located teams.
- Project delivery under stringent timelines and high pressure.
- Conducted project walkthroughs and meetings involving various leads from Development and Technical Support teams.
- Strong understanding of SDLC, E-Commerce and Business Analysis practices.
- Creating Analysis Model and Data Model and using these artifacts to develop the Class Diagrams, Collaboration and Sequence Diagrams and State Chart Diagrams.
- Project Management, Project Schedule, Project Tracking and Team Management.
- Expert with UML tools like IBM rational Rose and MS VISO, in developing appropriate artifacts life Use Case Diagrams to illustrate business process model, Activity, Sequence diagrams and cross walk.
- Experienced and hands-on with data modeling - ER diagrams.
- Proficient in MS Excel (including Pivot Tables, lookups, Macros and formulas).
- Expert in planning, developing and executing System, Integration and UAT plans and QA cases.
Methodologies: RUP, Agile, SCRUM, UML, Six Sigma, CMM.
Change Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest, QA Director, Rally.
Business Modeling Tools: Visio, Rational Rose, Microsoft Word.
Project Management: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project 2007 & 2013, Microsoft Office, Track Wise, Crystal Reports, Actuate (Dashboard Performance Reports).
QA Tools: Mercury QA Director 8.2, Quality Center 9.0, QuickQAPro (QTP) 6.5/8.0/8.2/9.0, WinRunner 8.0 and LoadRunner 8.0, Cucumber, Jira 3.13.3, Rational Clear Quest, Clear Case, Rational Robot, Rose and Requisite Pro, Selenium.
Data Migration Skills & Tools:, Data Cleansing, Data Normalization, Data Migration, Data Loader
Database: DB2, Oracle 11i/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access and Database connectivity tools (JDBC and ODBC).
XML Tools: WMQ Tools for Message Broker XML, Altova XMLSpy2006 for XML, Ultra Edit for all file formats.
MS Office 2007/2010 Tools: MS Word, MS Access, MS SharePoint, MS InfoPath, MS Communicator, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio2002, 2007(BETA).
SQL Manipulating Tools: SQL Navigator 4.0, TOAD and PL/SQL developer, CITRIX, Windows Terminal Server (Remote desktop), VMware Workstation, Systems Management Server (SMS).
Platform and Technologies: Windows NT 4.0/98/2000/2003/ XP/Vista, MS-DOS, UNIX, Solaris, LINUX, NET, J2EE and AS400
Web Technologies: JSP, J2EE, HTML, HTTP, DHTML, XML
Web Server: Web Sphere 5.0, IIS 5.0/6.0, Apache, Web Logic Servers and ATG Dynamo
Confidential, Reston, VA
Business System Analyst (Service Cloud)
- Successfully develop feature packages that include use cases, workflows, requirements and functional specifications for hand off to development team.
- Reduced process redundancies and learning curves by configuring business rules and transactions to fit each organization’s needs.
- Project includes system architecture, security, workflow, integration, analytics, and data integrity and customer & partner portals on the SFDC Unlimited edition.
- Developed reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity.
- Onsite point of contact for sales force for the inside IT team.
- Monitored teams adoption rates and responded as needed providing them with training sessions, communication and documentation as needed.
- Assisted users with report design and management. Work with Time Warner team to integrate online initiatives into the database.
- Created training materials based on business requirements.
- Managed ongoing support request and administrative needs of users.
- Configured page layouts, workflows, document templates, record types, & data fields.
- Implemented & maintained reports and dashboards.
- Created custom objects, fields, and triggers.
- Managed multiple sandbox environments.
- Helping develop custom application and objects on the Force.com platform for project management, professional services client billing, and internal time tracking.
Key Technologies / Skills: Salesforce.com (service cloud), Micro strategy (Reporting - Only for corporate managers and client), Cisco Telephony (IP IVR), Ingenious, Axure RP (prototype tool).
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Lead Business Systems Analyst/ SFDC BA
- Prepared Business Requirement Document.
- Prepared User stories.
- Prepared business plan and summary report after every sprint cycle.
- Supervised the UAT with the business users, and review the issues found in UAT.
- Validated various implementations in the enrollment systems.
- Developed flow diagrams for Business process of the company using Microsoft Visio.
- Followed up with the end users and developers for user satisfaction and change management.
- User Stories Modeling using On-Time for preparing Functional Requirements documents.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business, operations, and technical groups throughout the project cycle.
- Involved in GUI Design sessions with the Usability Team. Browser compatibility and navigation were tested manually.
- Supervised end-to-end UI testing through the web portals.
- Created Metrics reports on Enrollment, which was generated after running a lifecycle in the lower environments.
- Educated and reinforced scrum methodology and agile framework to team members and key stakeholders.
- Designed and developed of the re-usable frameworks and custom controls
- Was part off both Build (project) and Run (Production Support/Operation) teams.
- Prepared Various Reports within Sales force for the business.
- Prepared, Triaged delegated and maintained all Change Request Cases.
Key Technologies / Skills: Salesforce.com, Windows Office Suite, MS Visio.
Confidential, Portland, Maine
Senior Business Analyst
- Worked on various salesforce.com standard objects like Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, Reports and Dashboards.
- Gathered requirements and broke them down into functional user stories.
- Co-ordinated the QA efforts of multiple projects executed from near shore and offshore.
- Prepared System QA Strategy, QA Plan and effort estimation.
- Initiated and participated in JAD session.
- Determine milestone deliverables, Communicate changes to schedule, Determines impact of schedule changes on quality objectives, Coordinates schedule with dependent groups.
- Map quality measurements to Customer satisfaction goal.
- Conducted and participated in Release planning, Scrum Planning, Scrum Retrospectives, Daily Scrum and Backlog Refinement meetings with various stakeholders
- Involved in drafting strategy for process improvements that includes detailed step-by-step procedures, written from the point of view of each project manager and team member. This integration of procedures with the project's document repository ensures that the procedures are followed accurately.
- Determine effective quality metrics, Establish quality criteria / release criteria.
- Prepared and maintained mini-RACI matrix for the scrum team.
- Designed the Custom objects, validation rules, Page layouts, Custom tabs, Components, Visual Force Pages to suit to the needs of the application.
- Performed detailed analysis of business and technical requirements and developed the Apex classes using other Platform based technologies like Visual Force, Force.com IDE.
- Project includes system architecture, security, workflow, integration, user interface design, analytics, and data integrity and customer & partner portals on the SFDC Unlimited edition.
- Delegate QA work to offshore and review their QA cases and effort.
- Supervise the UAT with the business users, and review the issues found in UAT.
- Validate Metrics reporting on Enrollment, which was generated after running a lifecycle in the lower environments.
- Develop and custom application features and objects on the Force.com platform for project management, professional services client enrollment, and Opportunity.
- Created Views and Report for validation and analysis.
- Leading a data cleanup effort, which includes data de-duplication, archiving, and introduction of data validation rules and page layout attribute modifications to protect data quality.
Key Technologies/ Skills: Rally, Visio (UML Flows, Wireframes), HP Quality Center, Sales Force, Data loader, and Windows Office Suite.
Confidential, Mclean, Virginia
SFDC Business Analyst
- Developed the scope and vision documents that defined the primary goals, objectives and scope of the project.
- Prepared and documented business requirements Documents (BRD) and got sign off to be used by the developers.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using Unified Modeling Language (UML) using Visio.
- Used GAP Analysis to bridge the gap between business processes.
- Created prototypes or Wireframes of the GUI environments for the developers using Pencil.
- Written QA plans & strategies for all the changes.
- Worked with Confidential Analytics team using Adobe tools to help them optimize experiences against KPIs during every step of the customer journey.
- Prepare Use case & Test Cases in JIRA.
- Attended and also facilitated daily scrum meetings.
- Delegate work to Developers and QAs.
- Prepared Analysis Documentations.
- Validated all implementations after production deployment.
- Maintained Defect Report documentation in JIRA & MS Excel.
- Wrote SOQLs and prepare reports.
Key Technologies/ Skills: JIRA, Pencil Project (wireframes), Visio (UML Flows), Adobe Analytics, Microsoft SQL Server, Sales Force, Windows Office Suite.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Verified the output of the Quality performed by the QA team and provided signoff in preparation for the release and migration of the code to production.
- Captured meeting minutes and identify project vision/scope, assumptions/constraints, issues/risks and action items.
- Documented Project Requirement to Capture Business, User and Technical requirements using Rally, MS Excel, and MS- Word.
- Gathered requirements from the business team and wrote user stories.
- Prepared and maintained Responsibility Matrix document for the team.
- Analyzed and categorizes the impacts of standards and applied changes on the targeted systems, processes, business-associate relationships and Providers.
- Analyzed trading partner specifications and create EDI guidelines and business validation rules.
- Created design documents and mapped documents for technical team to communicate with the business.
- Facilitated presentation sessions to present the results of gap analysis within the Business team.
- Produced in-depth data mapping documents and crosswalks between data source and destination for variety of transactions.
- Worked closely with development and data teams to create WSDL and Schemas to define Web service interfaces between system applications.
- Led the UAT effort along with the business sponsors and development team.
- Verified the output of the QA performed by the offshore QA team and provided signoff on the same in preparation for the release and migration of the code to production.
- Created Checkout scenarios for the Release Management team, which were used to verify the new functionality in production on the day of the Release.
- Develop requirements for reporting using TOAD, MS EXCEL & Cognos with multiple data sources like Oracle, MS SQL and DB2 database.
- Attend daily SCRUM, provider calls and provide customer assistance in matters related to Member Eligibility, Claims/encounter, PCMH Functionality and CareFirst Direct. Assist in resolving daily production and maintenance issues.
Key Technologies/ Skills: Windows XP, and 2007, MS Excel, Snagit, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio 2003,Quality Center, WebServices, Rally, MS SQL Server, TOAD, Tivoli, Cognos 8 BI.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Business System Analyst
- Ran all automated scripts in Win Runner and QTP on a daily basis, based on the changes made in the application.
- Provided production support to the group, whenever required.
- Gathered and analyzed all relevant credit and guarantee information required to document mortgage loan files.
- Responsible for gathering user requirements and specifications for designing a mortgage based loan system using and documenting the same.
- Served as a liaison between mortgage specialists and the project team.
- Created/modified script functions when needed.
- Documented all changes made.
- Designed automated QA flow.
- Participated in design analysis and pre- and post-installation reviews.
- File defect, if required in Rational Clear Quest.
- Created Validation scripts and ran it from HP Quality Center.
- Ran and maintained all system ‘blades’ where the scripts are stored.
- Created backups of all modified scripts in System blades.
Key Technologies/ Skills: Winrunner 7.6, QTP10.0, Rational Clear Quest Web 7.0.1, Microsoft SQlServer2005.
Confidential, Edina, MN
- Gathered requirements by communicating with the client department(s).
- Detailed analysis of Client’s requirements.
- Created & Ran Java scripts for Automate the process flow.
- Created and Maintained Change Request Documents/Requirement Documents.
- Created various documents for QA purpose.
- Ran existing scripts in TFS using functional QA automation/regression tools.
- Executed the test scripts using Cucumber for functions and procedures.
- Designed automation flow, preparation of design documents, E-R diagrams.
- Created and ran SQL scripts in order to validate the data using MS SQL Server Management Studio.
- Used Microsoft SharePoint 2007 to store documentation, check-in/check-out code, assign, modify, and fix defects.
- Worked under Team foundation server to upload /change file issues under projects and file and close defects.
Key Technologies/ Skills: Microsoft Excel, Selenium IDE, Cucumber, Fiddler, Google Analytics, web trend, SQL Server 2005 & 2008, Team Foundation Server (TFS) Suites 2005.
Confidential, Eagan, MN
Sr. Business Analyst
- Coordinated with the Confidential BAs and developers to come with possible QA cases.
- Identified required tables from different database models for validations.
- Ran QAs on various versions / type of browsers.
- Coordinated defect tracking meeting with the interest groups.
- Created and kept ownership to various documents.
- Mentored and trained QAs for integration (End to End).
Key Technologies/ Skills: HP Quality Center, Microsoft Office, Travelnet Application, PARS (NW mainframe application), Deltanet ( Confidential reservation application), Aqua data studio (DB2, Oracle).
Confidential, Plymouth, MN
Senior Data Analyst
- Ran QA cases and reported defects in IDRequest - Carlson’s own defect/ CRM tool Modified (Bugzilla tool).
- Updated QA cases in Excel.
- Coordinated with the developers to solve issues.
- Attend QA status meetings.
- Ran and modified macros in Excel.
- Updated Oracle queries with the changes required.
Key Technologies/ Skills: Idpedia (proprietary tool), Discovery (proprietary tool), IDrequest (proprietary tool), Rapid SQL, Oracle SQL developer, Microsoft Excel.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Business System Analyst (BI)
- Worked closely with the integration developers to come up with QA scenarios and create QA cases.
- Ran QA cases and reported defects in Quality Center.
- Ran pipeline jobs in TruComp front end and validate the output.
- Created queries (complex) mirroring the queries created by the developers in Informatica, in the QA Key Technologies/ Skills.
- Ran mainframe jobs for the fresh data to validate.
- Created QA models in excel using Lookups and VBA.
Key Technologies/ Skills: Quality Center 9.0, DB2, Microsoft query, Oracle SQL Developer, TrueComp (Callydus Software), Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and other proprietary applications including mainframe applications.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Update the QA cases related to the application in Quality Center 9.0.
- Developed new QA cases and strategies.
- Performed manual QA on different modules of the application and reported defects using Quality Center 9.0.
- Reviewed and analyzed defects with the team, and interact with the developers to resolve non-defect issues via MS Outlook.
Key Technologies/ Skills: Windows 2000/NT, MS Word, MS Excel , Quality Center 9.0, Benefit Xml. (ING product), Employee Benefits (ING product).
Confidential, Eagan, MN
System Business Analyst
- During proposal stage, working with the PM, developed and instituted documentation standards for the project.
- Analyzed the system and developed business use cases
- Developed QA estimation criteria and provided estimates to the project during the proposal
- Developed detailed business requirements, technical design and the QA management plan.
- Prepared dataflow and UML diagrams.
- Prepared and maintained issue log for the team.
Key Technologies/ Skills: Windows2000/NT, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, Sybase, MS Access and applications like PARS and AOP.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Used various proprietary and freeware tools to test approx. 12 interfaces consisting of 30 business message types in and out of the system.
- Extensive Integration testing across platforms and business lines for item management, inventory management, procurement and fulfillment.
- Participated in daily test project status reporting and meetings and review of change requests.
- Worked across functional teams (Development, Business and BA’s) to investigate and correct software defects.
- Assisted the business with UAT by pairing with the client users to execute UAT test cases after exiting System and Integration testing. Assisted with creating and validation of UAT test data.
- Tracked and reported defects and test results using TestDirector.
- Helped the BA with data mapping.
- Created UAT and System Test instruction manuals (2)
Key Technologies/ Skills: TestDirector 7.6, Windows 2000/NT, WebSphere, Java, ATG, WBI, MQ Series Message Broker, Oracle 9i, UNIX (Sun Solaris 5.2) Altova XML Spy, Toad for Oracle, SQL, DB2, AS400, Mainframe and a dozen other proprietary tools and freeware (PRISM, MOZART, BART, UltraEdit, WMQTools, FTP)