- Business Analyst with over 12+ years industry experience of JDE E1 9.2 ERP, Finance(AR, AP,GLE, Fixed Assets, Procurement, Sales etc)Management(FSCM), Human Capital Management(HCM) and Enterprise Learning Management(ELM) Software, covering Workforce Management.
- Extensive hands - on and HealthCare management experience in a variety of projects involving the customization.
- Experience in gathering High and Low-Level Requirement for JDE E1 9.2 ELM upgrade using JAD Sessions.
- Proficient in guiding the JDE E1 Upgrade Project by creating Project Plan Analyzing Budgets Allocating and coordinating between Internal Resources and the third-party Vendors.
- Proficient in using UML in behavioural, structural and architectural modelling - in creating Use Case, State, Activity, Class and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Very Good understanding of Managed Care Techniques.
- Used Microsoft Visio for Business Process Modelling and Data flow diagrams.
- Worked with Rational Suite of tools to create requirements documents (Requisite Pro), visual data models (Rose), manage and track defects (Clear Quest).
- Experienced in Interviewing Business Groups asking detailed questions and recording the Requirement in Vision Documents and Software Requirement Specification(SRS) that can be understood by both the Business People and Technical People
- Extensively worked on backend Testing and has very good Knowledge of Scripting SQL queries to verify Test Data created Test Data and manipulated Test Data.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Win7 (32/64bit), UNIX
Agile tools: RallyDev, JIRA Agile, TFS, Confluence
UML Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose
Test Management Tools: HP Quality Center, Mercury Test Director, ALM, Jira, CaliberRM, Postman Script
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Access, Toad, DB2
Applications: IBM InfoSphere MDM-RDM, Iguana HL7 Interface Engine,IBM Lotus Note,VMware
BI: SSRS, SSAS, Tableau, Cognos
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Extensively involved in every phase of the RUP process starting from Inception to Transition
- Interacted with users for verifying User Requirements, managing Change Control Process, updating existing Documentation
- In-depth interaction with Primary markets, Secondary markets and mortgage backed securities and asset backed securities for requirement gathering.
- Analyzed business needs, created and developed new centralized back office system for specific area including mortgage and commercial lending system.
- Involved in designing and developing Data Models and Data Marts that support the Business Intelligence Data Warehouse.
- Extensively worked on the ETL mappings, analysis and documentation of OLAP reports requirements.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database.
- Established centralized QA processes at the corporate level designed and implemented QA processes and procedures
- Using Shared Containers and creating reusable components for local and shared use in the ETL process.
- Provide insight, guidance, and reporting on default mortgage options to optimize operational revenue
- Worked with key members from various cross-functional teams to analyze various third-party CRM solutions to make a 'buy vs build' decision. Conducted cost/benefit and impact analysis.
- Worked with Data Warehouse in the development and execution of data conversion, data cleaning and standardization strategies and plans as several small tables are combined into one single data repository system MDM (Master Data Management).
- Selected Automation tool, test lab and established QA Automation standards
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked closely with the project team in planning, coordinating and implemented QA methodology on various phases of the application
- Used Rational Rose to be designed and develop Use Cases Scenarios, use cases Models, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, State chart diagrams, OOAD using UML.
- Used DOORS for requirement management to capture, link, trace, and analyze and manage.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT groups. Identified the Key Changes, and participated in Stakeholder Management to communicate effectively with them
- Involved in requirement gathering and database design and implementation of star-schema, dimensional data warehouse using Erwin.
- Used Lean Six Sigma and CMMI (SDLC) to ensure applications are delivered on time and on budget with optimum accuracy
- Elicited, documented, verified, and validated all Pega Modification Portal letter requirements.
Environment: MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio), Rational Rose, Rational Req Pro, RUP, WinRunner, ETL, SQL, Load Runner, XML, Java.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Served as Snr Business Analyst and Conversion Specialist responsible for gathering both user requirement and technical requirement, Evaluated Alternatives solutions, designed impact consideration, cost benefit analysis, Workflow Analysis analyzing As-is Business Process and developing To-Be Business Process by resolving Gap Analysis Responsible (along with the client) for Design, Build, Test and Deploy phases of the project.
- Partnered with stakeholders, process specialists, end- users, and vendors to elicit and document business requirements for new applications, defect resolutions, upgrades, enhancements, and other support requests for existing applications
- Elicited Requirement utilizing Techniques Such as Brain Storming, Policy Analysis, Story Boards, Document Analysis, Focus Group, Interface Analysis, Interview, Observation, Business Process Modeling, Use Cases, Scenarios, Cross Agency Analysis, Site Visits, Prototyping, Requirement Workshop, Reverse Engineering and or Survey to obtain Requirement from Management and User Community depending on the Organization Structure and where feasible Designed Enterprise Personnel, and Organizational Structures.
- Participated in requirements prioritization and facilitated the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders. Analyzed and documented business requirements and required data to deliver work products throughout the project life cycle.
- Coordinated Business Validation to verify that a set of end-to-end business processes function as intended. Managed and tracked the fulfillment of requirements throughout the project lifecycle, enforced and redefined as necessary utilizing Requirement Traceability Matrix(RTM) and Requirement Mapping Matrix(RMM)
- Managed changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools utilizing RATIONAL REQUISITE PRO, Requirement Traceability Matrix(RTM) and Requirement Mapping Matrix(RMM)
- Utilized MS VISIO, Microsoft Project Server 2013/2016 and Relational Rose to create UML diagrams such as USE Cases, Class Diagram, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Flow Chat Diagram Utilized Agile Tool Sets such as EPICS FRAMEWORK, GUI, JIRA and RALLY also Redmine Project Management Application
- Created Functional Requirement documentation (FRD), Business Requirement Document(BRD) System Design Documentation(SDD), Entity Relationship Diagram(ERD) Data Integration Document(DID) User Procedure Document(UPD), UPK Created Graphical Use Cases detailing Business and system Process flow/data flow Utilizing MS VISIO, OFFICE 365 SHAREPOINT, MS POWEREPOINT Production Support Procedures Utilizing MS SQL on SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO for creating ad hoc Reports etc.
- Responsible (along with the client) for Design, Build, Test and Deploy phases of the project. Guided and assisted the client with the resolution of gaps (Current VS Future) and issues. Configured the software based on the “To Be” processes
- Worked with the project manager in managing the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and ensuring it reflects the project’s scope. Entered, updated, maintained, and reported progress related to individual work items entered into the Redmine work management system.
- Facilitated the delivery team to ensure roadblocks are raised and addressed; progress is reported daily; and the team works collaboratively in delivering business value. Assisted the project manager and architect in iteration and Scrum-Master sprint planning Assisted in project management when the project manager is not onsite or unavailable..
- Managed and tracked the fulfillment of requirements throughout the project lifecycle, enforced and redefined as necessary utilizing Requirement Traceability Matrix(RTM) and Requirement Mapping Matrix(RMM)
- Communicated with management on the progress of the project, gaps and issues Created reports and adhoc queries using COBOL/400, AS/400 Query, Crystal Reports, SQR,COGNOS.MSSRS Confidential Reports, Showcase, MS SQL, SQL/400, etc.
- Facilitated the re-engineering of processes utilizing RUP Methodology and user procedures and system documentation.
- Utilized Quality Tools such as Quality Assurance Management (WinRunner, LoadRunner) doing Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Positive & Negative Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Provided Quality Assurances Services for Confidential WFM Package2 and reported arising issues to QA Manager
- Utilized Mercury Quality Center, Quick Test Professional (QTP). Wrote test scripts for Database testing and Client Server and Windows/Web testing. Utilized MS Word, Visio and Excel Facilitated the Enhancement of JDE E1 Financial modules to conform with new government Regulations Especially Excise Tax and Value Added Tax Created Questionnaires that provided clarity.
- Great knowledge of Sarbanes- Oxley compliance, Auditing background.
Environment: .NET, Rational Suite, MS Word, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS SQL Server, HP Quality Centre, QTP.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Managed Implementation and Configuration of JDE E1 FSCM, HCM by defining project Scope, timeline, resources and coordinating the team to provide go live support.
- Communicated with Clients to gather business requirements and workflow analysis hence creating functional Specification and workflow diagram using MS VISIO, Microsoft Project Server 2013/2016.
- Created Test Cases performed internal testing ensured data integrity also facilitated client QA for the customized applications and enhancement of the JDE E1 9.2 applications.
- Managed Project Documentations like Status Reports, Parameter forms and Scope Document.
- Prepared a detailed Business process document for Merchandise Payables payment selection customization, payment form customization, historical data conversion, duplicate checking and live data interface.
- Participated in Requirement Gathering for AP and GL modules JDE E1 9.2 V Integrated with other JDE E1 applications including General ledger, AP and AM.
- Gathered user requirements from the super users to configure the system to meet user needs and preferences. Participated in Payables and GL configuration.
- Responsible for Analyzing business, functional and IT Requirement documents and prepared complete Test Plans including System Test Plan, integration Test Plan, QA Project Plans and Resource Planning and Allocation.
- Provided guidance and expertise for UAT in AP and GL modules. Coordinated all phases of testing, including test plan creation, data conditioning, script creation, execution and re-testing.
- Coordinated with the user and technical team in identifying and resolving defects in customizations.
- Coordinated with Client IT team to develop and design data interface between Legacy System and JDE E1 Applications.
- Responsible for tracking the issues and providing the status in the weekly meetings.
- Helped resolving issues for General Ledger and AP modules.
- Configured the GL and AP Row Level security by using custom Roles and Permission Lists.
- Responsible for AP approval workflow configuration for AP supervisors.
- Completed Payables systems configuration to pay the vendors using System Checks, ACH, Wires, implemented third party software and Custom Payable processes.
- Responsible for Creation and Maintenance for Custom AP and custom processes.
- Configured AP/GL modules for 3-way matching, Automatic Bank Recon Process for all Banks, ACH and WIRE transfers with manual Pay-cycle approval by AP Manager before transferring to Treasury department.
- Worked with Technical Lead to design and develop customized payment forms and methods.
- Developed Scheduled Queries using PS Query, SQR to meet end user's requirements for month end reconciliation, Payables aging and customized payment reports.
- Recommended a new SharePoint site collection Design Concepts, site planning, meetings Q& A Session, developed Project Plan.
Environment: UML, RUP, Rational Suite, HTML, Crystal Reports, SQL, MS Office Suite, ASP.NET, MS Visio, Web Sphere Commerce.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Guide the JDE E1 Upgrade Project by creating Project Plan Analyzing Budgets Allocating and coordinating between Internal Resources and the third-party Vendors
- Managed the Implementation and enhancement Projects of Business and Clinical applications in different departments of the Hospital System
- Responsible for designing future state process for integration of different JDE E1 (AR,AP,GL.Fixed Assets,Supply,Sales), ELM and HCM Applications and created High Level Business Requirement
- Involved in creating BRD and GAP Analysis, Design, Development and Testing of the Interfaces.
- Developed Use Cases, Use Case Diagram, flow charts, BRD, FRD, SDD, File Transfer File, Entity Relationship Diagram(ERD) Data integration Document Utilized Agile Tool Sets such as JIRA and RALLY etc.
- Facilitated JAD Sessions for Requirement elicitation with business end users to determine the functional and technical requirements and to estimate the effort levels to complete the deliverables under the scope.
- Prepared a detailed Business Process Diagram(BPD) for Inter-company billing and un-billed Revenue activities and extensively used Microsoft Project Server 2013/2016.
- Participated in Requirement Gathering for AP, AR, and GL modules JDE E1 9.2 V Integrated with other JDE E1 applications including General ledger, AP, AR and AM.
- Facilitated JAD Sessions user requirement eliciting from the super users to configure the system that caters global requirements.
- Participated in Payables and Receivables configuration according to the Global multi-currency requirements.
- Created detailed Test scenario, Test Plan and Test case for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable modules and successfully completed Unit, System testing and User Acceptance testing. Developed and executed Manual scripts and automated scripts using Quality Center and PTF.
- Supported and coordinated User Acceptance testing with offshore end user Business teams. Provided guidance and expertise for UAT in AP, AR and GL modules.
- Coordinated all phases of testing, including test plan creation, data conditioning, script creation, execution and re-testing. Coordinated with the user and technical team in escalating defects that needed to get resolved immediately for the Executive User community.
- Responsible for tracking the issues and providing the status in the weekly meetings
- Helped resolving issues for General Ledger, AR, AP and Billing.
- Configured the GL and AP Row Level security by using custom Roles and Permission Lists. Responsible for AP approval workflow configuration for AP supervisors
- Completed Payables systems configuration to pay the vendors using System Checks, EFTs, Wires and Custom Payable processes. Responsible for Functional Document Creation for Custom AP custom processes
- Configured AP/AR modules for Sales and Use Tax process, 3-way matching, Automatic Bank Recon Process for all Banks, EFT, ACH and WIRE transfers with manual Pay-cycle approval by AP Manager before transferring to Treasury Department Utilized Rational Requisite Pro Application to handle various requirement including Functional Requirements, High Level Requirement, Low Level Requirement, Non-Functional Requirement, Technical Requirement, Scope Statement and User Requirement
- Extensively worked on backend Testing and has very good Knowledge of Scripting SQL queries to verify Test Data created Test Data and manipulated Test Data
- Tracked Defects reviewed defects, analyzed defects, compared defects using HP Quality Center.
- Extensive experience in Regression Testing, created regression Test Suite and selected Test Cases for Automation.
- Performed End to End and User Acceptance Testing once product was ready to release
- Validated various in-house developed configurations relating to business rules client specification requirements release notes etc.
- Generated weekly Status Report for the Team and participated in weekly meetings project review meetings, Daily Stand Up and Planning meeting
- Responsible for performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for each downstream apps with app owner
- Manually created systems-based Test Scripts and tested using Interface Explorer.
Environment: Waterfall, Test Director, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, UML, Windows NT, MS Project, MS Access, PL/SQL, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Quality Center, Load Runner.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Created a project plan for all phases of the project including regression testing.
- Used that plan to manage all the activities of the team, including stock purchasing, accounts payable and inventory.
- Responsible for designing future state process for integration of different Applications JDE E1 8.90 with the in-house enhancement and created High Level Business Requirement
- Involved in creating BRD and GAP Analysis, Design, and Testing of the Interfaces
- Responsible (along with the client) for Design, Build, Test and Deploy phases of the project which is an Agile Methodology also utilizing tools such as JIRA and RALLY.
- Guided and assisted the client with the resolution of gaps and issues.
- Analyzing quality Management and Six Sigma concepts like DMAIC, PDCA Statistical Process Control, quality function deployment and waste reduction by Lean Concepts.
- Created High and Low-Level Use Case diagrams for JDE E1 9.2 FSCM.
- Conducted GAP Analysis by brainstorming with Project Managers, IT Lead and Business Users to get the Low Level to Be/Proposed environment.
- Documented Business Rules/functional Requirements to support system enhancements with the minimal guidance of a Senior Associate.
- Produced RICE (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements) specifications, interfaced with developers to further define the specifications, and tested RICE elements.
- Guided the client in the development of scripts and end-user documentation.
Environment: Java, UML, RUP, Rational Suite, Zachman Framework, WinRunner, Load Runner, Oracle, PL/SQL, UNIX, Test Director.
Confidential, Oak Brook, IL
- Designing the Current state and Future state of the project and organizing workshops and scoping sessions with stakeholders to elicit requirements.
- Gathered validated and documented the “As-Is” of the TOM, “To-Be” of the TOM and identified gaps
- Perform initial issue and benefit analysis with the project owner and project team
- Elicit, document, priorities and validate requirements for the vendor’s requirement
- Review of the organisational structure, streamlining the structure, elimination of non-performing roles.
- Drive the change in the organisation based on stakeholder requirements
- Work with the technical team to digitalise the organisation firm’s operations using Cloud services and reduce paper
- Conduct Recruitment and retention exercises: Managing talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns
- Create Reward Policy and support employees on company benefits
- Create Policy and Procedures, carry out implementation of new HR policies, procedures and processes
- Ensure that adequate financial management procedures and systems are in place, and that Project accounting practices, compliance and standards are adhered to in accordance with GAAP requirements.
- Developed the invitation to tender document with a vendor’s response tracker
- Gathered, revalidate and documented requirement the business and accounting processes and functions
- Developed and updated Project business case and conducting detailed Competitors analysis.
- Documented functional and non-functional requirement gathered during sessions
- Created User Stories, Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Mock-ups and Wireframes
- Implemented and monitored life cycle of all approved business cases and business plans
- Designed and review RAIDS log, lesson learnt, project Status report, Exemptions and Change requests.
- Created test cases and worked in partnership with testers and developers during the development and of the intranet system
- Provided in-house support as the single point of contact for any issues/incidents relating to the systems
- Built in scenarios and cost benefit analysis into projections
- Developed Business and Strategic Plan documents and delivered presentations in order to get management buy-in.
Environment: Agile SCRUM, Rational Rose, UML, Use case, Activity/ state diagram, MS Visio, Windows 2000/XP, MS Office, SQL, Oracle, HP functional testing software, Microsoft live meeting, Metaman BDC
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Maintained BEA Web Logic Application Server, JBoss AS 5.1/6, IIS 6/7, WebSphere 6.1, and Tomcat on different UNIX platforms and windows platforms and have setup development, testing, staging and production environments for the ongoing application development.
- Install, Configure, troubleshoot and maintain the Web logic9.x/10.x/11g, WebSphere 6.1 and Apache web server.
- Applied patches, hotfixes on Dev, QA, Staging and Production environment for WebSphere and tomcaton quarterly basis.
- Deployed applications (Web-Based) on multiple WebLogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionality.
- Created the connection pools, various data sources, JMS connection Factories, Queues and topics.
- Configured Execute Threads, Connection Pools and JMS Bridges etc. for different components of the applications.
- Configured BEA Web logic on a single Server and cluster environment.
- Responsible for maintaining mod security filters to block various cross-site scripting attacks
- Managed and Monitored JVM performance by Web Logic Heap Size, garbage collection, JDBC Pools.
- Developed scripts (start, stop, backup & recovery processes) for web application server administration.
- Worked on Memory related issues, application leak or WebLogic leak or SUN java bug. By tuning and profiling the memory with third party tools.
- Responsible for deploying J2EE applications on Web logic and on Web Center portals.
- Responsible for using VMware ESX Server / Virtual Infrastructure configure Cluster Pools and Resource Pools
- Deployed WARs, EARs using Web Logic Admin Console and wrote UNIX &WLST scripts to perform automated deployments.
- Provided WLST and configured various Web Logic components/services via Jython script.
- Responsible for writing Shell scripts to monitor domains, recycle clusters, monitor disk space, monitor number of Apache connections
- Migrated Applications between JBoss and WebLogic Application servers
- Investigated the root causes for issues related to server performance like crash, hang etc. and application performance (slowness etc.)
- Auto deployment of several applications using ANT build scripts, UNIX shell scripts
- Used Wily CEM and monitoring their performance.
- Installed Wily Power Packs Such as Leak Hunter, Error Detector, Web Logic Portal, Web Server etc.
- Prepared documents for production and business production environments.
- Configured SiteMinder web agent for authentication and authorization, LDAP.
- Involved in build and deployment support for Integration Testing, Staging, Pre- Production, Production, and Post Production.