- IT Business Analyst and Data Analyst experience of more than 6 years.
- Experience in Exploratory analysis, predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Experience in data visualization using Python, Tableau and R
- Outstanding data analysis skills including data extraction from MS - SQL database, data mapping from source to target schemas, and data cleansing and preparation
- Expertise in creating and delivering compelling dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices to convey the story inside the data.
- Experience working on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of 9 and 10
- Experience in performing hypothesis tests & building machine learning models using such as linear Regression, Decision trees, GBM, Ensemble models, clustering techniques, Dimensionality or data reduction using Principal component analysis, Time-series & Forecasting techniques like Holtwinters, ARIMA
- Experience working on large data sets including structured and unstructured data and discover meaningful business insights
- Proficient in validating the model on the test data and interpreting the statistical results
- Actively participated in all phases of the project life cycle including data acquisition, data cleaning and pre-processing, feature engineering, Exploratory data analysis, model building and testing and validation, data visualization and final presentation to the client
- Experience working on text mining, social media analytics, natural language processing
- Experience in Agile methodology of Project Management
- Experience in Requirements gathering and analysis, modeling Business Process Flows, communicating information to the project team and transforming business needs of users and stakeholders into functional requirements.
- Experience in developing and executing Test Plans, performing functional and usability testing to ensure that the software meets the requirements
- Experience in ETL testing
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services
- Proficient software engineer with extensive coding experience and in depth understanding of software development life cycle, including inception, planning, analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation
- Good communication skills, analytical mind, people skills, a team player, an individual contributor and a quick learner to adapt to new technologies, process and business domain
Data Analysis: Tableau (Desktop/Server/Reader), Python, R, MS-Excel
Machine Learning: R, Python, Tableau, SQL, MS-Excel, SPSS
Business Analysis: Atlassian, MS Visio, Apache Open office, Mockup Screens, MS Project, Open Project, MS Office Suite
ETL Tools: Microsoft SQL Server Integrated Services
Databases: SQL SERVER
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, .Net, C++, XML
Methodologies: Complete Software Development Lifecycle, Waterfall, Agile, Scrum
Version Control: Git
- In-depth data analyses on the downtime of Ticket Vending Machines (TVM) and its components s using Tableau, Excel and Python. The outcome of the analysis lead to a reduction in maintenance and repair by the field personnel and downtime of the machine by 20% and thereby a significant reduction in cost for the customer
- Client appreciation for the successful live launch of product
- Part of Customer live launch of product
- Primary contact for customers for production support issues
- Helped in stabilizing a product that had lot of defects which was much appreciated by the client
- Analyze data sets and trends for anomalies, outliers, trend changes and opportunities
- Data visualizations for customer reporting using Tableau and proprietary tool
- Pie chart, horizontal bar plots, context filters and labels on the data and aggregated to suit the target requirements using tableau
- Tableau Desktop Consultant focusing on developing high-end visualizations driven by data coming in from SQL Server.
- Create Table of Contents (TOC), a common navigation page with all the links to various reports.
- Create views in Tableau Desktop to publish to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions
- Analyze requirements for various reports, dashboards, scorecards and create proof of concept / prototype for the same using Tableau desktop.
- Convert business requirements into story-telling viz by developing views and dashboards in Tableau Desktop and publish them to Tableau Server allowing end-users to control data and filter down further as desired.
- Utilize advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Perform slicing and dicing of data using SQL and Excel for data cleaning and data preparation
- Gather requirements from customers and involve in various phases of the sprint planning
- Liaise with the customers and the internal teams to resolve data exceptions and related issues
- Document instruction manuals for Customers
- Train customers and internal teams on the product and the business process
- Determine business impact level for data quality issues, root cause for data quality errors and make recommendations for solutions in the ETL process
- Created S3 buckets and managed roles and policies for S3 buckets
- Perform risk analysis on product migration
- Implementation of SAAS product on AWS cloud
- Evaluate data models / reports in the ETL process for quality and accuracy and make well-reasoned recommendations backed up by strong data visualizations to support the business team
- Traceability and mapping of requirements to acceptance testing, develop test plan
- Perform regression, integration and user acceptance testing of SAAS product on AWS cloud
- Write simple and advanced SQL queries, and Stored procedure, functions for adhoc reports for senior managers and customers
- Built SSIS packages to extract, transform and load data to the cloud
- Document release notes of various versions
- Follow Agile Methodology of Project Management
- Regularly track JIRA tool for internal issues and project development
- Adept in analyzing bugs, interacting with team members in fixing errors and UAT and also assist in postproduction support
Data Analyst/ Data Scientist
- Proof of concept for a Data Science project for an E-commerce retailer successfully accepted and converted to mainstream project by the client
- Customer segmentation based on their purchase patterns. Done using RFM model using R-tidyR, lubridate and data table packages. Data pre-processing to find missing values, remove negative values. Categorized customers into 10 different categories.
- Product demand and Returns forecasting module using Time-series and machine learning models - Forecast store sales by store type. Data cleansing, data wrangling, feature engineering. Achieved a MAPE of less than 15 %. TTR, tseries, forecast, dplyr packages used.
- Recommender system and Market basket analysis module using Association rule (support, lift & confidence) from customer purchase pattern using python
- Integrated the above modules, along with data visualizations to a web application using RShiny.
- Proposal document of a data science project for a leading Global FMCG client
- Capacity analysis of an Intrusion detection system given the network parameters. Predicted the CPU usage with upper and lower bound confidence of 95 %.
- Data visualizations of scatter plot, countplot, heatmap using matplotlib, seaborn, plotly packages in python, outlier analysis using box plot
- Feature engineering using pandas and numpy packages in python
- Regression analysis using sklearn package in python
- Stratified shuffle split of data into train and test using sklearn package
- Performance tuning of model parameters, Random forest Classification, AdaBoost classification, Gaussian Naïve bayes with precision, recall scores and k-fold cross validation using sklearn package
- Designed and developed Seller and Customer snapshot focusing on the active and inactive customers of each product category.
- Created Custom maps to analyze sales in various regions using Custom Geocoding and Power tools for tableau.
- Identify outliers of each business segment using Rank table calculation, z score, box plots
- GAP analysis of current state of project and desired future state of project and thereby identifying and measuring KPI metrics at various levels of the project.
- Designed a performance evaluation dashboard to display YTD, QTD and MTD performance of each business category.
- Designed and created various analytical reports and Dashboards to help users to identify critical KPIs to facilitate strategic planning in the organization and arrive at a viable solution to improve operational efficiency
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Implemented best practices in all the dashboards using extracts, context filters and fixed time-consuming reports using performance recording feature
- SWOT analysis to help develop business strategy
- Perform data analysis and visualization tasks on logistics to improve performance
- Implemented KPI-metrics model to understand the lifetime value of various freight forwarder clusters
- Visual representation in the form of pie charts, scatter plots, heat and tree maps
- Used Tableau to develop various performance reports and KPI reports to indicate the growth and FSC kilo once a week
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Perform data collection, data cleaning, data wrangling, data analysis and building machine learning model on the data sets in both R and Python
- Implemented Microsoft Visio for designing Use case diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams for SDLC process
- Conducted Design reviews and Technical reviews with other project stakeholders
Intern - Research Analyst
- White paper on Operation research for banking industry
- Research on data analytics in banking industry
- Worked on text analytics and sentiment analysis for analyzing twitter sentiments and Facebook posts
- Forecast of spare parts to plan inventory for a marketing client using time series model
- Perform data manipulation, development and validation of data models using R, and SQL
- Worked with data-sets of varying degrees of size and complexity including both structured and unstructured data.
- Participated in all phases of Data mining, Data cleaning, Data collection, developing models, Validation, Visualization and Performed Gap analysis.
- Used R for graphically critiquing the datasets and to gain insights to interpret the nature of the data.
- Data wrangling to clean, transform and reshape the data utilizing Numpy and Pandas library.
- Contribute to data mining architectures, modeling standards, reporting, and data analysis methodologies.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on data mining products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Involved in defining the Source to Target data mappings, Business rules, data definitions.
- Worked with different data science teams and provided respective data as required on an ad-hoc request basis
- Worked with Machine learning algorithms like Regressions (linear, logistic), SVMs and Decision trees.
- Developed a Machine Learning test-bed with different model learning and feature learning algorithms.
- Perform advance excel functions such as pivot tables and Vlookup in order to analyze data
- Wrote, executed, performance tuned SQL queries for data analysis and profiling and wrote complex SQL queries using joins, and sub queries
- Involved in troubleshooting, performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within tableau server and tableau desktop.
- Worked closely with data scientists to assist on feature engineering, model training frameworks, and model deployments implementing documentation discipline.
- Involved with Data Analysis primarily Identifying Data Sets, Source Data, Source Meta Data, Data Definitions and Data Formats.
- Worked with the ETL team to document the Transformation Rules for Data Migration from OLTP to Warehouse Environment for reporting purposes.
- Performed data testing, tested ETL mappings (Transformation logic), tested stored procedures, and tested the XML messages.
- Created Use cases, activity report, logical components to extract business process flows and workflows involved in the project using Rational Rose, UML and Microsoft Visio.
- Involved in development and implementation of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS application solutions for various business units across the organization.
- Wrote test cases, developed Test scripts using SQL and PL/SQL for UAT .
- Creating or modifying the T-SQL queries as per the business requirements and worked on creating role playing dimensions, fact-less Fact, snowflake and star schemas .
- Wrote, executed, performance tuned SQL Queries for Data Analysis & Profiling and wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries.
- Wrote complex SQL queries for validating the data against different kinds of reports generated by Business Objects XIR2 .
- Developed Data Mapping, Transformation and Cleansing rules for the Master Data Management Architecture involved OLTP, ODS and OLAP.
- Performed Decision Tree Analysis and Random forests for strategic planning and forecasting and manipulating and cleaning data using dplyr and tidyr packages in Python .
- Involved in data analysis and creating data mapping documents to capture source to target transformation rules.
- Extensively used SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL to write stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers .
- Analyzed of data report were prepared weekly, biweekly, monthly using MS Excel, SQL & Unix.
Jr. Data Analyst
- Gathered and translated business requirements into detailed, production-level technical specifications, new features, and enhancements to existing technical business functionality.
- Data analysis and reporting using MS Power Point, MS Access and SQL assistant .
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services .
- Used advanced Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables, used VLOOKUP and other Excel functions .
- Worked on CSV files while trying to get input from the MySQL database .
- Created functions, triggers, views and stored procedures using MySQL .
- Worked on database testing, wrote complex SQL queries to verify the transactions and business logic.
- Worked on data profiling and data validation to ensure the accuracy of the data between the warehouse and source systems.
- Developed SQL scripts for creating tables, Sequences, Triggers, views and materialized views .
- Compiled data from various sources public and private databases to perform complex analysis and data manipulation for actionable results.
- Used and maintained database in MS SQL Server to extract the data inputs from internal systems.
- Interacted with the Client and documented the Business Reporting needs to analyze the data.
- Used SAS for pre-processing data, SQL queries, data analysis, generating reports, graphics, and statistical analyses.
- Developed data mapping documentation to establish relationships between source and target tables including transformation processes using SQL .
- Used the Waterfall methodology to build the different phases of Software development life cycle.
- Participated in all phases of data mining, data collection, data cleaning, developing models, validation, and visualization and performed Gap analysis
- Demonstrated experience in design and implementation of Statistical models, Predictive models, enterprise data model, metadata solution and data life cycle management.
- Extensive data cleansing and analysis, using pivot tables, formulas (V-lookup and others), data validation, conditional formatting, and graph and chart manipulation using excel .
- Created pivot tables and charts using worksheet data and external resources, modified pivot tables, sorted items and group data, and refreshed and formatted pivot tables.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and Bulk collects .
- Improved customer retention levels by 40% by efficiently coordinating between the commercial team and the clients and establishing rapport with suppliers thereby reducing overall price by 30%.
- Initiated process improvements working with different stakeholders that reduced time to delivery for clients from suppliers. Experience in interacting with freight forwarders to negotiate price, and time of delivery.
- Proactively convinced management to implement a new ERP system and worked with different teams including the marketing team, commercial team, accounts team and the IT team to ensure successful implementation
- Increased sales by 20% by revamping trade show materials and identifying new trade shows that target our niche customers
- Identified KPI’s to be included on purchase reports, empowering purchase team to reduce last minute ordering costs by 5%.
- Produced reports on accounts, purchase and supply that helped identify issues and thereby arrive at a viable solution to improve operational efficiency.
- Calculated the Variance (YOY) in Sales of current year over last year using advanced table calculations.
- Designed and developed Seller and Customer snapshot focusing on the active and inactive customers of each product category.
- Designed and created various analytical reports and Dashboards to help the Senior Management to identify critical KPIs
- Forecast of spare parts to plan inventory
- Developed and tested a scoring system to score the risk of credit card transactions
- Developed the structure of embedding Berkeley DB in C++ along with python for credit card transactional process.
- Designed SQL queries for embedding in C++ to work on the data from the backend for the transactional process.
- Designed, developed, and tested date-time utility functions in C++ using boost date library, as a part of the transaction process.
- Executed integration and testing of the complete product.
Associate Software Engineer
- Developed and tested a software product for a leading Confidential
- Designed prototypes and hence developed accounts module to in corporate the accounting functionalities of the product in .NET.
- Enhanced existing modules as per customer requirements.
- Executed design and development of SQL queries and PL/SQL objects to populate data for the product.
- Executed Unit tests on the developed modules.
- Ensured Quality Control by maintaining Version Control of the project.