- 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst with proficiency in Business Requirement gathering, Business Process flow and Business Process Modeling team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Hands - on experience in managing, configuring, planning and implementing enterprise level Time and Attendance Systems with a specialized focus utilizing the Kronos Workforce Central product.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle methodologies (phases and gates) like Agile and Waterfall models
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Industry experience includes healthcare, manufacturing, and retail.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- Skilled in configuring and introducing Kronos Mobile Application to end users
- Interviewed SME's and Stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Experienced in all phases of SDLC including requirement gathering, change request and management, analysis, design, implementation and testing.
- Knowledge of relational Database Management system (RDBMS).
- Expertise in designing and developing test plans.
- Experience in understanding business requirements and translating them to functional requirement specifications.
- Developed use cases, user interface specifications, and user requirement specification documents .
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for requirements gathering, gap analysis and design sessions, conducting user interviews and acting as a liaison between the customers, development team and testing team
- Worked closely with Business user in capturing requirements and creating functional documents.
- Experience in gathering and documenting Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Gap Analysis and system workflows.
- Proficient in creating Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams etc.
- Expertise includes preparing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test summary Report, and Test Cases for manual testing for functional, security, performance, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Excellently work on Peoplesoft HR generalist and HRIS functional specialist on PeopleSoft HRMS Implementation projects.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Student Administration - Student Records, Campus community, Student Financials, Advisement, Admissions and Financial Aid.
- Experience creating use cases, dataflow diagrams and familiarity with UML concepts.
- Experience with ServiceNow and SNOW application to buy and maintain software licenses.
Business Tools: MS Visio, MS Project, MS Access, MS Office Suite, SharePoint, Outlook, PeopleSoft 8.55,9.0, Kronos 8.0, ServiceNow, SNOW application, Jira
Business Skills: Business Definition Requirements, Business Process Analysis, Gap Analysis, Use Case Modeling; Analysis, User Acceptance Testing, Business Environment and Market Research Analysis.
Business Methodology: Agile and Waterfall
Database: SQL-Server, and Oracle
Applications: Client/Server and Web Based
Operating Systems: Windows XP/95/98/7/10 Mac OS X, Linux
Confidential, Richmond, Virginia
Business/ Software Analyst
- Acted as a liaison between business users and development team to analysis software license requirements.
- Created and update Software licenses in ServiceNow
- Research software licensing issues in a “self-audit” way and figure out who the manufacturer/publisher is, engage with them to determine best use, e.g., universal license keys, over/under licensed, etc. and document in the ServiceNow.
- Harvest and track License Keys installed in all systems using SNOW application
- Create, update and test UI of each Software information listed for the employees.
- Created user guides that detailed software operation and processes for high-level users
- Responsible for approving software request and purchasing new licenses.
- Worked closely with software application developers to create efficient control software for several industrial applications.
- Entered and maintain information in software database to address software compliance & inventory, contracts, and cost.
- Responded to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data information.
- Effectively communicated with software venders on a daily basis
- Supervised junior analysts and provided application trainings
- Responsible for analyzing new control software titles and determining their viability.
- Assisted in creating a team that was responsible for analyzing all new software applications and keeping updated reports for management.
Confidential, Norfolk, Virginia
- Organizes and runs requirement inception/ elaboration sessions.
- Requirements gathering, analysis and development for CRM Compass Application for user friendly UI.
- BA testing of compass application for analysis purpose
- Takes full ownership of all assigned project while managing individual workload and priorities.
- Acts as a liaison between business users, developers and other IT teams.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, activity diagrams / State Chart Diagrams and Robustness Diagram using MS Visio.
- Conducted JAD sessions with business units and stakeholders to define project scope, to identify the business flows and determine whether any current or proposed systems are impacted by the new development efforts in agile methodology.
- Update Confluence of the previous released Sprint use cases and give presentation to other System analysts and Business analyst.
- Used FACETS to provide seamless transactions between the provider, members and the plan.
- Update progress and comment daily assigned task in JIRA.
- Demo each user stories at the end of the Sprint to Project owner (PO).
- Involved in development of Test Plans and Test Scripts from Functional and Design Specifications
- Maintaining all design documentation workflow activity diagrams, data mapping and technical integration documentation.
- Successfully played a key role in project assisting and coordinating testing efforts for transition of a legacy Student Information System to PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.0.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues
- Meetings with the SME's to discuss their business needs and requirements.
- Responsible for BRD walk through sessions with various business unit leaders, IT Quality Assurance teams and also coordinated the system testing and UAT of the various projects delivered as part of the various Sprints.
- Coordinating and supporting user acceptance testing(UAT).
- The stakeholders from various workstreams such as HR, Benefits, Payroll, Compensation, Corporate, Legal, Integration and knowledge sharing sessions on Campus solution modules with the technical team who were the potential user of the information repository.
- Worked with the PeopleSoft 9.0 and 9.1 upgrade initiatives, Fit/Gaps and analyzing new enhancements and features.
- 90% of work includes Creating Detailed Business requirements documents (BRD), functional specification document (FSD) assessment of current OTC derivatives instruction trade management processes and Use Case specification for front, middle and back office in agile methodology and update in confluence.
- Familiar with Document management system Sharepoint to manage and share documents.
- Responsible for assessing the installation of SQL Server, database design.
- Create test strategy/cases, execute QA testing and coordinate UAT.
- Strong MS Excel and Word skills and working knowledge of AR/ IRMS and PowerPoint
- Planned and coordinated the metric data in the organization, using Excel to write formula, logical functions, charting and pivot tables
- Involved in Design Meetings with Business Users to capture the existing business process and document the Business Transaction documents. Worked on Current Business Process Models and detailed work for Business Process Re-engineering.
- Created Cycle diagram and Tree chart in documentation and presentation
- Provided timely and accurate productivity reports and analysis with MS Excel, including the creation and maintenance of regular and ad hoc reporting and the development of improved reporting processes
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
- Provided Support for Workforce Mobile Manager, and troubleshooting device terminal.
- Lead solution definition and solution deployment
- Provided functional design, implementation plans, and integration services.
- Developed solution frameworks addressing core industry challenges and specific system design needs.
- Update and comment daily on each task assigned in JIRA.
- Created quantitative and statistical business models by using MS Excels data analysis program such as customer buying frequency
- Proactively resolved project team, technical and business process conflicts.
- Efficiently delivered in-depth technical consulting services: Install, configure, routine patching and upgrades for Workforce Timekeeper Management System.
- Review CRM Kronos Mobile Workforce module for better payroll transactions.
- Begin evaluation of developing a custom mobile time capture application
- Configure facilities as they start wanting to utilize electronic (Kronos) timekeeping, Kronos Scheduler, Kronos Mobile and Leave modules.
- Conducted GAP analysis to identify the scope of the new requirements and products.
- 20% of work includes Test/Roll out Kronos Mobile solutions including Smartphones and Tablets
- Maintained Kronos Pay Rules, Pay Codes, Work Rules, Wage Profiles, Labor Levels, Schedules and Shifts as required by HR/PR.
- Trained helpdesk team members on troubleshooting Kronos interfaces and building new Kronos API
- Created Flow-chart diagram, Activity diagram and use case diagram for presentation for stakeholders
- Update and create document in Confluence to manage document.
- Created user stories to demonstrate application feature from an end-user perspective.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing for new locations.
- Create custom reports in MS Visual Studio
- Developed, communicated, and validated requirements package with business and developers in agile methodology.
- Create new interfaces and tweak existing interfaces
- Manage Kronos Production Items list including current issues and new enhancement requests.
- Perform Upgrade to v6.3 including the build of Kronos test and production environments with a 2-server solution from a single server solution, testing and doing the switchover to production.
- Develop business relationships and integrating activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Perform business analysis to help define solution options and recommendations for each regulation, including pros/cons and rationale for recommendation
- Work with global stakeholders in understanding and translating requirements to the underlying data
- Perform business analysis to help define solution options and recommendations, including pros/cons and rationale for recommendations
- Gather and document requirements reviews with business stakeholders and achieving signoff
- Data warehouse experience preferred, using Teradata / Oracle, to analyze financial and operational data
- Developed and maintained access queries, databases and excel spreadsheets to develop statistical reports for Internet performance
- Coordinate user acceptance testing for business users including preparing test scripts, validating test completion and signoff
- Create key project documents such as end-to- end current/future business process flows, use cases, BRD/FRD, cost/benefit analysis in agile methodology.
- Developed business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan
- Identify and document process changes and system enhancements
- Evaluate measurable project benefits, i.e. increased revenue, efficiency and control
- Establish solid relationships with various functions and businesses throughout GM
- Facilitate working groups tasked with solving specific data challenges within the organization
- Identified internal and external system requirements, design and configuration set-up, also created User Documentation and conducted training class.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Conducted JAD (Joint Application Development) Sessions and RAD (Rapid Application Development) Sessions with stakeholders. extensive experience in interacting with customer stakeholder teams to provide capacity planning and analysis to ensure Customer IAM system can meet Customer performance requirements under current and projected system load
- Identified internal and external system requirements, design and configuration set-up, also created User Documentation and conducted training class.
- Perform Data Analysis for deploying reports.
- Performed Data Profiling of current state of data in the Data Warehouse by doing Data Analysis using advanced SQL Queries and Microsoft Excel, finding Gaps in Data and formulating solutions for the same.
- Worked with supply chain methodology and wholesale distribution processes.
- Successfully took part and implemented new process change and implementation for better customer delivery.
- Checked to make sure orders from customers are accurate and free of any variance by working closely with the sales, shipping department and warehouse.
- Worked as Business Analyst for collecting customer requirement for managing supply and delivery translating the requirements into documentation for effective process flow mapping.
- Conducted interviews with key business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using UML.
- Experienced with content management, e-commerce and order management.
- Participated in requirements analysis using a Use case driven approach and produced detailed use cases and functional specifications for all the interfaces.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, and analyzed the requirements
- Developed business process models document existing and future business processes.
Confidential, Marshall, MN
- Interview and observe stakeholders to determine how the work in each process is really done, and capture useful, undocumented information. Document discovered processes to guide process best practices and use discovery results to identify areas for improvement
- Understanding daily operations and their end-to-end process metrics, knowledge of how these daily operations align with customer journeys, and the ability to turn this information into process improvement opportunities
- Identifies opportunities for improvements by and among the clients and/or companies.
- Generates, reviews and understands reports.
- Create and develop functional requirements of systems to improve quality, performances, external interfaces, and constraints.
- Record, manipulate, and make reports on requirements stored in the rational tool suite.
- Make contributions in the development of Test Plans and Test Scripts, and also perform test execution as required.
- Update and review documentation in Sharepoint for future references.
- Helps prepare reports on the status of task assignments to contract management personnel and technical points of contact.
- Demonstrated excellence in the delivery of IT project lifecycle and application of industry-standard project management methodologies in the area of software engineering and integration projects
- Worked with the QA team in testing the application using Excel and ALM.
- Assist PMO in the tracking and documentation of the business benefits and process changes.
- Did impact analysis for changing requirements and coordinated with business users for prioritizing the testing/release of the changes.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.