- 11+ years of experience as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, Scrum Master and Project Coordinator.
- Proven Expertise in Ecommerce/ POS systems (Retail), Automotive, Public sector and HR recruiting Domains.
- Experience working in Waterfall and Agile Methodologies including SCRUM, SAFe, Kanban, RUP, Waterfall - Scrum (Hybrid).
- Experience in Scope management, vendor management and stakeholder management.
- Creative and aggressive self-starter with strong analytical skills, capable of clearly communicating ideas verbally and through documentation.
Prototyping/Wireframe Tools: MS Visio, Balsamiq, Sketch
Utility Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, Adobe Photoshop
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reports (SSRS), Cognos
Data warehousing Tools: Informatica, Business Objects, Cognos, Erwin
Databases: MS-Access, MySQL, SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS), TOAD, Teradata, DB2, CICS, Sybase
Automation Tools: Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case, Rational RequisitePro, Documentum
Bug Tracking Tools: Mercury Test Director, Rational Clear Quest
Testing Tools: HPQC 10.0, HP UFT, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Test Director, Win Runner, Load Runner
Confidential, Albany, NY
Product Owner/ Business analyst
- Involved in Managing business analysis function with oversight of project development, project management, production support and process management.
- Provide guidance in the agile process for the client and the development team to clearly re-define requirements, communicate with stakeholders about the impact on scope, timeline, and cost
- Own, maintain and prioritize their team's product backlog; facilitate feature mapping, break features into stories, define acceptance criteria, ensure capacity for enablers and defects
- Responsible for execution of the project life-cycle, including: Evaluating business process, Document current & future-state business processes including task and workflow analysis anticipating requirements, scope definition, business requirements, quality assurance (QA) testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), training, implementation, and uncovering areas of improvement.
- Rigorously researched the problem space and partner with UX to design innovative and effective solutions.
- Coordinated and led cross functional upgrade and enhancement projects involving Application Development, Business, and Enterprise Technology.
- Lead, review, and approve the work of other business analysts assigned to projects, QA analysts including training and performance evaluations. Effectively manage priorities of assigned tasks for multiple projects with multiple due dates.
- Worked with the PMO with overall Business and System Analysis for technology-related initiatives, Program delivery plans and delivery estimates.
- Coached teams for the implementation of scrum methodology and scrum principles.
- Facilitated Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, and Retrospective meetings.
- Removed team impediments to allow the team to deliver the sprint goals and deliverables
- Tracked and managed product backlog, burndown metrics, velocity and task breakdown.
Environment: JAVA, XML, Oracle SQL developer, Balsamiq, Agile/ waterfall, SharePoint, JIRA/ Confluence, HP QC/ ALM, HP UFT, Office 365, MS Excel, Word, Project, Power Point and Visio.
Confidential, PHILADELPHIA, PA
Product Owner/ Scrum Master
- Involved in conception, planning, monitoring and controlling, closing stages of the projects.
- Defining scope and developing project plans, communication plan, RAID, and work breakdown structure(WBS).
- Gathering status report and progress report and providing to stakeholders according to communication plan.
- Identified opportunities for business process improvement through meetings with business users and developers resulting in major improvements in product and processes.
- Collaborated/Communicated with all stakeholders, business units & executive management on go-to-market/product launch strategy
- Worked with cross functional teams for proposal, design, architecture and implementation of the new enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Support the application with implementation of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline for promoting software into higher environments.
- Managed priorities, roadmap and timelines by tracking development velocity, engaging business stakeholders to discuss needs and analyzing industry product needs with product strategy vision.
- Owned and prioritized new scope and features and updated existing roadmaps in an agile methodology. Created functional level user stories and user flows.
- In-depth Agile SCRUM methodology: Sprint planning, Sprint execution, Daily scrum, Sprint review, Sprint retrospective, Product backlog grooming, facilitating SCRUM meetings, authoring & managing SCRUM Artifacts (Product backlog, Sprint backlog), creating status reports using burn down charts and Release notes.
- Prioritized backlog features, defects, technical debt, broke down epics and refined user stories and acceptance criteria collaborating with key stake holders and Product team.
- Worked with the design team to help in the inception and develop design blueprint, low - fidelity and High - fidelity wireframes.
- Ensure the application has all the UI translations and features available relevant for the international launch.
- Planned releases for 2018 and put together a working plan with the tasks and activities mapped to the respective teams.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Octopus, Translation Manger, Salesforce, Microsoft Azure BOT, Recruiter Desktop, Loop CRM, Balsamiq, IOS/ Android, SharePoint, JIRA/ Confluence, HP QC, JIRA Service Desk, SnagIt, Office 365, MS Excel, Word, Project, Power Point and Visio.
Confidential, Trenton, NJ
Lead Business Analyst
- Interact extensively with the Product Owner & Business Area Subject Matter Experts to understand the Product and Business Processes thoroughly.
- Defining scope, creating Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and schedule estimation for WBS activities and overall schedule.
- Creating project plan by managing risk analysis and mitigation plans, status reports, and client presentations, defined milestone deliverables.
- Identified opportunities for business process improvement through various meetings with business users and developers and initiated efforts to make improvements.
- Partnered with the Product Owners in keeping the Backlog management/ refinement, grooming and user stories prioritization for consistent delivery.
- Providing status reports, burn down charts, velocity and business value charts
- Identified System Requirements, generated the Business and Functional process models and established timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- Held regular project status and planning meetings to track team members progress against assigned tasks.
- Led grooming sessions, sprint planning, backlog review, release planning on by bi-weekly basis.
- Authored various documents like BRD’s, Project Plans, Requirements Traceability Matrix, URS, FRD, Validation Plan, Validation Summary Reports, Test Scripts, CR’s, defect tracking, UAT, Training Materials, and User Guides.
- Facilitating Daily scrum meetings, spring planning, spring review, and spring retrospective.
- Resolving technical and business queries asked during various project phases by coordinating with business teams, application development team and solution architect.
Environment: Java, SharePoint, JIRA, HP QC, HP UFT, Salesforce, Blue zone (IBM Mainframe), BMC service desk express, MS Project, SnagIt, MS Excel, Word, Project, Power Point and Visio.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr. IT Business Analyst/ Scrum Master
- Assist in the preliminary planning discussions to determine the objectives, scope, constraints, risks, and deliverables of the project.
- Defining and documenting scope, work break down structure, timelines of each and every activity of the project.
- Conducted GAP analysis between current system functionalities and the planned system expectations.
- Facilitated Agile Adoption Retrospective for the organization with the leadership and guided teams with outcome resulting in enhanced performance.
- Facilitated Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, and Retrospective meetings
- Facilitated team and cross-team Retrospectives to build good working relationships among the 7 agile teams across 3 countries.
- Assisted in project planning by managing risk analysis and mitigation plans, status reports, and client presentations; defined milestone deliverables
- Actively involved in change management and initiated change control procedures for scope optimization and re-prioritization.
- Organized workshops with Subject Matter Experts to obtain domain level information.
- Created Mock-up forms for better visualization and understanding of the software solution.
- Work with multiple IT Teams to create and manage a detailed release implementation plan.
- Assure milestone adherence and approve mitigation plans when necessary
- Coordinated QA and UAT test strategies defect reporting and change requests.
- Prepared project and resource plans, and managed project communications at all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for coordinating multiple projects, maintained feature backlogs, monitored timelines to achieve project milestones.
- Successfully performed flexible project task organization, deadline management with internal project team and external client teams.
Environment: VSMS, Java, Salesforce, SharePoint, JIRA/Confluence, HP QC, IBM RTC, IOS/ Android, Rally, MS Project, SnagIt, MS Excel, Word, Project, Power Point and Visio, Oracle Toad.
Confidential, Edgewater Park, NJ
Sr. Business Analyst / Scrum Master
- Used Salesforce CRM for maintaining and retrieving customer information.
- Acted as the liaison between the Business users and the Technical development teams, by effectively translating the business needs into specific software requirements.
- Assisted in creating the scope and timeline for each project.
- Facilitated Daily Scrum Meetings and Monthly Reviews meetings, conducted sprint retrospective and followed up on action items for continuous improvement.
- Worked with Business & Release Management to prioritize & develop release plan & delivery of end-to-end systems value.
- Monitored the development progress throughout each sprint to ensure project was within scope and budget
- Created weekly status reports and involved in communicating the project status with higher management.
- Managed resource allocation based on project priorities and deadlines for ensured project success
- Conducted JAD sessions, Rad sessions and worked closely across multiple user groups during requirements definition and analysis of business and process flows.
- Prepared status reports, documented process flows, policies & procedures & developed training materials.
- Assist in project user acceptance test, including reporting and documenting defects, and conducting complex root cause analysis. Documentation of root cause and communicating with senior management.
- Performed data analysis to come up with changes that must be made to the databases to conform to the new PCI compliance standards.
Environment: Media Chase, Salesforce, Oracle ATG, PIM, JIRA/Confluence, Salesforce, SharePoint, Service Now, Kount, .NET, SQL Server, MS Project, Test Director, MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio.
Confidential, Salt lake city, UT
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Implemented Agile Methodology, performed extensive requirements analysis and requirement gathering including data analysis.
- Assisted project manager in task identification, resource allocations and schedule estimates for staff on assigned project in order to help keep project resourced appropriately and on track
- Gathered requirements, developed Process Model and detailed Business Policies.
- Involved in business analysis and project management, coordinating between the team members according to the business requirements.
- Verified the functional aspect as per the business process and validated the interfaces with the other systems and data conversion from the legacy systems.
- Actively involved in scoping, identifying the risk, and prioritizing the project.
- Experience in analysis and design of as-is business processes and to-be design processes (Gap analysis) using Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- Update and create process flow diagrams and sync up those diagrams with IT team for accuracy and maintain for future references
- Supporting and development of Functional Requirement and system design to ensure that they meet defined business and project objectives.
- Support change controls of projects that comes in during and/or after the project being implemented.
Environment: Siebel 8.1, Microsoft Dynamics, Agent Desktop, CAT, CSI, JIRA, Windows 2000, iOS, Android, Oracle, SQL server (SSIS, SSRS), DB2, UML, MS Project, SharePoint, TFS, Test Director, MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Performed usability analysis and testing including user interface design throughout the development life cycle, provided Client meetings.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data
- Rational ClearCase was used to manage all the changes and change requests in the projects. Worked with QA team with the aid of ClearQuest for the bug tracking and Mercury Test Director for Test Case Management.
- Articulated the business Usability as per the business needs and made sure that all the functional and business requirements were met.
- Developed reporting specifications by identifying business needs, prototyping sample reports and mapping data elements from reports to data models.
- Worked on designing the prototypes of the new web interfaces of the user interface and usability testing.
- Coordinated usability workgroups for the re-designed site prototypes, conducted feasibility study and performed impact analysis for proposed enhancements.
- Created Data Stage jobs to extract, transform and load data into data warehouses from various sources like relational databases, application systems, temp tables, flat files etc.
- Worked on designing the screens and developing screen shows, and prototyping of the user interface and usability testing.
- Developed estimates, project plans (Microsoft project), training material, BI reports using Micro strategy
- Managed workload, schedules and coordinated status review meetings with project managers, business managers and team members.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Business Analyst
- Interviewed the Business team to gather relevant business requirements, wants/ needs concerning the project and documented the requirements using BRD’s and FSD’s
- Conducted JAD Sessions with SMEs, end users to resolve what data should be shown in the initial phase.
- Involved in the SDLC including requirements gathering, designing, developing, testing, and release to the working environment. Developed and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Generate stored procedures, macros and triggers to improve processing time.
- Generate daily/weekly/monthly dashboards and reports from various BI sources for readouts and reporting to the Business and IT Leadership.
- Drive and facilitate key discussions with respective business areas and leads to navigate discovery of scope and assess/architect resolution options
- Performed business process mapping for change requests and new requirements.
- Worked closely with the data warehouse development team to ensure user requirements and issues are being addressed while controlling scope.
- Understanding ETL processing methods, underlying data warehouse data models, security, and capabilities of the front-end delivery products.
- Conducted UAT in the final phase of software development process to check the functionality of the Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation software.
Environment: Windows XP/2000, Oracle, SQL, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Visual Source Safe, Quality Center, Data Warehouse, PeopleSoft, SQL Server Services (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), Visual Studio, Reports, Quick Test Pro (QTP).