- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst in IT industry with solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Translating Requirements into Specifications & Application Design.
- Proficient in Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and testing various methodologies.
- In depth knowledge Agile/Scrum, Waterfall methodology, Use Cases, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Conducted Daily Scrum meeting, Planning Sessions, Backlog updates, User Stories updates, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing
- Documentation in the form of Artifacts and Specs. Creation of industry standard documents such as BRDs, FSDs, User Stories and Use Case specs.
- Experienced in Scrum Practices like User Stories, Story Slicing, Backlog Grooming, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective
- Experience in developing Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD)
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Facilitated Change Management across entire process from Project conceptualization to Testing through Project Delivery, Software Development and Implementation Management in diverse Business and Technical Environments.
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project
- Strong Customer Interaction Experience.
- Proficient with MS EXCEL spread sheets.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, data analysis and data validation using SQL.
- Extensive experience in creating and maintaining source to target Data mapping documents
- Excellent understanding in writing SQL queries to perform back - end testing.
- Strong expertise in Data analysis, Data mapping, and development of Databases for business applications in client/server applications
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities.
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of a Project are in Compliance with the Business Requirements.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases. Expertise in designing and developing Test Plans and Test Scripts.
Software/Hardware: OOAD (OOA/OOD), RUP, UML, SDLC, Agile/SCRUM, Waterfall, QA, WAP, CVS, TEAMMATE, MS Access, SQL Server, MySQL, PL/SQL, Oracle DBA, DB2. ATG, Windows, basic UNIX, HTML, basic DHTML, basic XML, MS Office Suite - Excel Macros, Jira, Project, Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Rational- Rational Rose, Jira, Rally, IBM web sphere 6.x/7.x
BI: Cognos and Business Objects, DOORS, Cobol, RequisitePro, CaliberRM, Omniture, Crystal Reports, various NIKU products, C, C++, SharePoint, Docushare, BASIC, Intermediate level-Visual Basic
Confidential, Downey, CA
- Managed and analyzed metric dashboard used in the generation of accurate and timely month end financial reporting.
- Created queries in Web Intelligence using a wide range of data sources for reporting purposes.
- Performed data reconciliation between sub-ledgers in Business Intelligence and PeopleSoft General Ledger Accounts specifically Account Reconciliation (A/R) and Accounts Payable (A/P) sub ledgers.
- Analyses internal financial reports and evaluate performance and trends.
- Utilize expertise in Business intelligence and Data Analytics to create solutions to business process issues.
- Using Agile methodology worked in conjunction with the business users and development teams, responsible for the creation and execution of application test scripts, scenarios, and test plans that validate initial business requirements.
- Created and managed user stories affecting the planning process on agile projects.
- Support deployed regions during month-end close processes, including oversight of utilization of Business Objects, GL Pharmacy accounting entries and reporting issues.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Analyzed requirements, developed workflow charts and diagrams, assessed legacy system capabilities to develop system specifications documents
- Implemented business rules, logic and processes in Software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Responsible for gathering user requirements and specifications for designing a mortgage based loan system using and documenting the same.
- Maintained system protocols by writing and updating specification documents
- Supported the development and delivery team throughout the system implementation
- In depth knowledge of RUP's Iterative Software Development Life Cycle, Waterfall and Agile Methodology
- Worked with mortgage department to o translate users' needs into system requirements.
- Successfully used Agile/Scrum Method for gathering requirements and facilitated user stories workshop. Documented User Stories and facilitated Story Point discussions to analyze the level of effort on project specifications
- Supported Mortgage Servicing by ensuring requirements is delivered in a timely manner.
- Interacted with stakeholders and gathered requirements as per the business needs.
- Composed detailed Use Case Specification Documents in Rational Requisite Pro.
- Developed Flowchart and process diagram using Microsoft Visio and Rational Rose
- Participated in functional design sessions, creates and executes SQL test scripts, and aids in the solution of data issues.
- Worked extensively through Agile development methodology by dividing the application into iterations
- Facilitating Scrum Daily Standup, Product Backlog, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Retrospective agile ceremonies
- Was involved in managing the Daily Standup meetings and also ensured that quality standards were enforced as per the build-release schedule.
- Conducted GAP analysis by understanding the AS-IS system and the TO-BE system requirements by having discussions with the SME's.
- Validated the various business processes with a committee of Subject Matter Experts (SME's) like Mortgage Servicers, Underwriters, Credit Analyst etc, to ensure the rules and guidelines have been met.
- Hands on work experience with Waterfall, and Agile software development methodology
- Participate in Daily Agile Scrum "Stand-up", Biweekly Sprint Planning and Retrospective Sessions and update the team on status of upcoming User Stories.
- Assisted developers in writing of complex SQL queries to resolve data issues in source system databases.
- Documented Requirement Traceability Matrix in Requisite Pro for traceability of requirements through test cases.
- Developed Test Plan and Test cases based on the Use cases and Functional specifications and also performed manual testing of the functionality of the application by inserting varying data
Confidential, Simi Valley, CA
- Responsible for identifying scope, business and data requirements and artifacts of the project.
- Interacted with cross - functional teams to facilitate gathering of business requirements.
- Responsible for organizing meetings between various functional departments and our team in order to understand what data they are using, what dimensions are they grouping by, how often the reports are generated etc.
- Responsible for understanding the financial reports, banking and trade management
- Cross-functional collaboration with Finance, Operations departments and other internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for writing FRS, URS and Logical Data Modeling (LDM) Document.
- Creating data models such as Logical and Physical data models using Erwin.
- Involved in data analysis and Data mapping of existing reports to identify and document iteration and business metrics.
- Responsible for understanding the functionality of the present reporting server and then assisted in the modification and design of reports to answers End Users unusual questions.
- Acted as consultant to the ETL and Front-End programmers.
- Figure out to make queries yield comparable data and then took part in the designing of queries for different DB in the Enterprise Data warehousing.
- Served as a liaison between Clients and Technical Staff to resolve any conflicts.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and segregated them into high and low level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams and Robustness Diagram using ERwin.
- Conducted user interviews, JAD session.
- Conducted the FRS, URS and LDM reviews and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders. Also conducted feasibility and adaptability study.
- Administered Identity and Access Management (IAM), (including password management) controls for staff and vendors assigned to department - level projects.
- As part of MDM implementation, involved with validating and testing user accounts; validating the suspect and collapsed data; created dummy accounts to validate against the back-end and the front-end data.
- Actively participated in the design and creation of quick databases to store/manipulate subsets of data in conjunction with client reports.
- Actively involved in User Acceptance testing and Training of the end users.
- Participated in Change Control Board (CCB), quality and risk management activities. Generated management reports on weekly and monthly basis.
- Developed Process flow diagrams to document the existing system.
- Involved in writing the Test Plan, numerous Test Cases and Test Scripts using Test Director.
- Organized, categorized and prioritized requirements to maintain focus on project scope. Used customizable attributes such as priority, status and difficulty for each requirement in order to organize and prioritize.
- Created test cases for FDR to perform Integration tests and verify the integrity of the accounts built on FDR.
- Manual testing for checking the data flow of the application using SQL.
- Performed backend testing to check the system data integrity for insert, update, delete and retrieve transactions by writing complex SQL queries including joins, group by, having clause etc.
- Performed Functionality, Integration, and System Testing.
Confidential, Torrance, CA
- Project planning, risks and issues and constructing of key project & change management documents. Team stand - ups for deadlines and progress status.
- Stakeholder & Automotive vendor supplier: engagement and collaboration on Digital SRM. Management system, UX experience & testing.
- Modernized Data modelling of product & historic programs; consolidation of undiscovered behavioral trends/patterns: Includes KPI, Metrics, program gateways, gaps analysis, Input/output Modelling.
- Process Mapping Level 1, 2, 3, designing new processes, workflow, wireframes & Implementation into development teams. Consolidate divisional work processes & practices.
- Mentoring and assisting Business Analysts & supporting colleagues.