- 6+ year of experience as a Business Analyst with diverse experience in Pharmaceutical and Healthcare industries.
- Extensive experience in creating artifacts like Business Requirements Documents (BRD).
- Extensive experience in Business Process Modeling using Visual modeling tools such as MS Visio.
- Professional experience of all the phases and methodologies of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Hybrid Agile Methodologies.
- Skilled in working with teams in Agile environment, solid knowledge on Scrum concepts like Scrum Team, Product Backlog, Sprint Planning, User Stories, Daily Standup Meeting, Retrospective calls etc.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) session with Stakeholders, Business Users and Tech Lead to obtain domain level information of project.
- Extensive experience in UML Modeling like Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams and Collaboration/Communication Diagrams for better understanding of the functionality.
- Worked in both waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
- Expertise creating databases and executing queries using SQL and knowledge of web services related concepts - XML, XSD and HTML.
- Proficient with GAP Analysis and Risk Analysis.
- Strong Experience in developing test plans, building Test Conditions and Test Cases, creating test data, analyzing bugs, and interacting with development team members to fix errors.
- Strong testing experience in Functional Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, facilitation, and documentation skills along with good process management skills to gather requirements.
- Well-developed track record in producing high quality work under tight schedules and in multi-tasking to meet business goals.
- Excellent communication skills and time management for delivering the output.
- Flexible and Proactive in learning new technologies, taking new roles and challenges contributing high reliable resource to the organization.
Operating System: Mac OS, Windows 97/2000/XP/Vista/7
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, RUP, and Agile (Scrum)
Languages: UML, SQL, HTML, XML
Project Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML, RAD, JAD/JAR
Other Tools: MS Visio, UML, Rational Rose, RDBMS, MySQL, MS-Access, Oracle
Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Excel.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Analyzed and reviewed Service applications, built functional requirements for existing functionalities. Worked closely with Customer Service Reps.
- Conducted Joint Requirements planning sessions (JRP) as a facilitator to gather requirements from the Business User and conducted many Joint Application Development (JAD)
- Responsible for creating user stories in JIRA (Agile methodology) from the high-level business requirements delivered by the SMEs.
- Focused efforts to meet clients’ needs, concerns and building trust by providing reliable and accurate analysis on time.
- Responsible to analysis of the proposed system and prepare the gap analysis document and functional design documents.
- Prepare requirement specifications such as Use cases and System requirement specifications and Supplementary specifications; Tag and trace system requirements to business requirements
- Analyzed and updated workflow for New Group, Renewals, Changes and termination for automated and ad-hoc cases.
- Identify QA checkpoints in the flow and capture requirements to automate QA flow
- Conducted bench mark testing
- Gathered requirements for QA reports to analyze system performance and quality of data.
- Monitored defects in the system using tools JIRA AGILE to ensure that the quality of the system meets the industry standards and business user's requirements.
- Provide analyst support during all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle including development and testing (unit/system) phases
- Actively analyzed current business processes and worked with management to improve and implement enterprise solutions to ensure compliance.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA Testing and Report / Data Validation
- Responsible to perform the quotes and purchases operations from the database by running the SQL queries.
- Extensively involved in data analysis, data modeling and Data mapping
- Created class diagrams, ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database
Environment: Windows, XML, SQL, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio)Requisite Pro, Agile Methodology, Crystal Reports, Clear Case, Clear Quest
Confidential, Clark, NJ
- Performed JAD sessions with stakeholders and business users to gather and document requirements
- Interviewing business area experts, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- Interfaced with business users to create Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Specifications Document (FSD).
- Conducted and coordinated JAD session with different technical teams.
- Served as a liaison between Clients and Technical Staff to resolve any conflicts.
- Worked to BRIDGE the gaps between IT and Business Client.
- Worked on 'AS-IS' and 'TO-BE' models to enhance the existing system.
- Analyze Business Requirements, performed GAP ANALYSIS and segregated them into high level and low-level Use Cases
- Participated in the Change Management Control process for the projects by facilitating group meetings and/or one-on-one interviews/meetings with work stream owners to discuss change request impact on timelines and scope.
- Deliver requirements under the Agile Scrum SDLC methodology to meet a very fast release schedule.
- Retrieved Data using SQL queries and did Data Mapping and Data analysis.
- Analyzed requirements and did Use Case Analysis to design use case diagrams, class diagrams, and sequence diagrams using UML approach.
- Developed the reports for EPIC service.
- Involved in preparing Test Plans based on User Requirements Document (URD) and prepared the Test Cases and Test Procedures.
- Tested the application Manually by executing Test Cases by using QC.
- Actively involved in User Acceptance Testing and Training of the end users.
Environment: MS Office, Agile (Scrum), MS Project, UML, MS Visio, JIRA, Oracle, QC, SQL server
Confidential, Fairfield, NJ
- Participated in JAD sessions for requirement gathering, analysis, and design.
- Worked closely with the Pharmaceutical sales team to gather requirements and understanding the process of allocation planning and management
- Extensive interaction with the client and the management team to understand the business needs
- Documented BRD supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the actors to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Created Data Flow Diagram for the Drug Distribution Application
- Involved in designing Use Case Diagram, Class Diagram, Sequence Diagram for project documentation
- Analyzed user requirements, attended Change Request meeting to document change and implemented procedures to test changes using Rational Clear Quest.
- Extensively involved in coming up with test specifications for the application.
- Analyzed and optimized the existing business processes using the conceptual modeling methods and documented the business process through DFD (Data Flow Diagram) narratives.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD
- Worked with Quality Control Teams to develop Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Environment: Rational Clear Quest, UML, MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Visio, XML.MS-SQL Server 2000.
- Interacted with Stakeholders to finalize the Business Requirements, business processes and support critical business strategies for the application.
- Elicited business needs, conducted business process modeling work and facilitated work sessions (JAD), to analyze, validate and prioritize requirements.
- Discussed quality pathways and requirements for Laboratory Information management system (LIMS) pharmaceutical industries
- Maintained, provided, and inactivated security access to business end users for production systems.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow stakeholders with different backgrounds to communicate their perspectives with each other and resolve issues.
- Designed and created Excel sheets to provide market analysis charts
- Experience in working towards clinical trial process and developing protocols that adhere to patient care, safety and data interpretation
- Worked as a liaison between clinical staff and the technical developers.
- Developed use cases, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams for a clear understanding of the vision document
- Created Clinical, Regulatory, laboratory, EHR, etc. data segregation and data migration diagrams using MS Visio.
- Coordinated under drug formulations department- Research and Development in identifying their needs
- Identified all risks associated with the project and gave suggestions for mitigating the impact the identified risk posed to the business
- Actively gathered requirements from teams involved in pre-formulation and research of potent drugs
- Worked on different analytical processes for drugs observing quality standards
Environment: Windows XP/2000, SQL, UML, BI, PubMed MS Word, MS Visio, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
Market Research Analyst
- Help define market research questionnaires
- Analyze physician responses to market research questions
- Produce charts and graphs that clearly depict results
- Create final presentations with insights, analysis, and recommendations
- Work with the Analyst team to create best practices for capturing plan changes and management updates
- Leverage a set technology tools, including proprietary web scraping and natural language processing software to drive efficiency data sets
- Research potential clients in preparation for sales and marketing meetings.
Environment: MS Visio (2003), MS Project (2003),MS Office