- Seasoned in working with Health Care projects around Medicaid, Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), and Point - of-Service.
- Proficient in understanding HIPAA (4010 and 5010), EDI Transactions, HHS, SOX 404, GxP and FDA regulations along with healthcare industry standards such as CMS, MMA, HL-7, ICD-9, ICD-10
- Facilitated the requirement gathering and estimation for projects by coordinating responses from stakeholders using diverse elicitation techniques including Interviews, Brainstorming, Focus Groups and JAD Sessions.
- Collaborated with stakeholders to rank the project priorities and formulated As-Is To-Be analysis, Cost-Benefit analysis, ROI Analysis, Risk Assessment, Interface Analysis, SWOT Analysis and Market Analysis.
- Designed detailed requirement specification documents, Business Requirement Documents using tools like MS Excel, word and Confluence, uploaded and routed these documents by creating workflows approval processes and track project execution using JIRA, ServiceNow, Confluence, SharePoint, Workfront, Asana and MS Project.
- Extensively created UML Diagrams like Use Cases, Activity and Sequence Diagrams using tools like MS Visio, Lucidcharts, Balsamiq along with ER Diagram, Data Flow Diagram and Process Flow Diagrams.
- Analyzed in scope areas using functional decomposition to define high-level epics and stories to create a value-driven framework to provide the required business value in the Product Backlog.
- Leveraged Project Management tools to effectively perform Project Planning and Scheduling, Setup workflows for Approvals, Time and Project Status Tracking, Periodic Reporting including tool specific features such as Burn Down Charts.
- Expert in generating Wireframes and Mockups based on requirement elicitation meetings using tools such as Balsamiq, Axure, Fluid UI, MS PowerPoint, Paint and Pencil. Worked on Code repositories including GitHub, Maven and Microsoft TFS.
- Strong MS Excel skills in working with different functions like Advance Formulas, Pivot tables, Look-up tables, Visual Basic, Stat tools, Macros and Power View.
- Extensively assisted System Architect in designing complex User Interfaces, Logical and Physical Architecture.
- Extensive experienced in implementing SQL queries with good understanding of Store Procedures, Functions and Triggers.
- Seasoned in using functions like joins, unions, group by, order by and aggregate functions in MySQL Workbench, MS SQL Server, Oracle Apex. Experienced in optimizing databases for speed of retrieval by implementing normalization and performing thorough code reviews to ensure use of best practices.
- Experience in Data Warehouse projects with good understanding of star and snow-flakes schema and various OLAP operations, along with creating Conceptual Models and Logical Models.
- Proficient in Source Data Mapping, writing Transformation Rules, creating Data Mapping document, Data Profiling, Data Mining and Data Integration.
- Extensive experience with ETL design and implementation specifically using Informatica Power Center.
- Mapped system parameters when working on API testing, worked on web services ranging from JSON, SAP BAPI web services and tested them using tools like SOAP UI, Postman and Swagger to check API responses along with API Documentation.
- Detailed understanding of Cloud Computing platforms, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS) products like AWS Lambda, Amazon S3, Amazon VPC, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon Cognito.
- Experience in performing and coordinating Functionality testing, non-functional testing, GUI testing, Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, Smoke testing, Performance testing, Load testing and Sanity testing.
- Setup a solid platform for testing activities by communicating a detailed understanding of Test Plans, validate Test Cases along with mapping test results to agreed Acceptance criterion. Co-ordinated and performed UAT activity and assessed feedback
- Experience in Continuous Integration Deployment (CI-CD) using Jenkins, Ant, Maven and Bamboo.
- Expert in Troubleshooting, monitoring and system improvement initiatives with emphasis on Security and Disaster Recovery.
- Extensive experience in reporting requirements using Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, SSRS, MicroStrategy and Alteryx by creating dashboards and configuring user-based permissions to enable permission-based viewing of visualizations.
Project Management Tools: JIRA 7.0, Rally 2015.2, Workfront 18.1, Asana, MS Project 2016, HP QC/ALM 12.0, Rational ClearQuest 9.0, MS Office 365, Trello
Collaboration Tools: Confluence 6.0, SharePoint, ServiceNow, MS Office 365, Slack, Smartsheet
Business Modelling and Prototyping Tools: MS Visio 2016, Lucidcharts, Rational Rose 7.0, Balsamiq, Axure, Fluid UI, Mockup screens
Database Management: MS SQL 2017, MySQL Workbench, Oracle 12c, MS Access, Sybase, Postgres, TOAD
Data Modeling, Data Mining and Data Migration: RapidMiner, erwin, Orange, Mulesoft, Alooma, R studio, Hadoop, Informatica Power Center 10.0
Business Intelligence & Visualization: Tableau 2018, MS PowerBI, QlikView 12, Alteryx, MicroStrategy, SSRS, MS Office Suite, Google Analytics
Software Testing Tools: HP QC/ALM, Selenium, Load Runner, QTP, Cucumber, Bugzilla, Swagger, Postman
Cloud Services: AWS, Salesforce, MS Azure
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Facilitated the requirement gathering for the development of a Mobile Application to enable users to view their plan, Claims and find Providers based on their plan around desired geographic locations.
- Conducted one-on-one interviews with stakeholders and SME’s to elicit requirements, identifying constraints, risk and issues. Captured priorities of the project as a part of understanding pain points.
- Facilitating Joint Application Development session to create a bridge between business team and Technical team to be able to identify if there was any difference of opinion between the two.
- Actively participated in all Scrum Ceremonies, analyzed and documented stakeholder’s review in Review meetings and acted as an ice breaker in Retrospective meetings comforting the team.
- Understood the procedures required to be adhere, to ensure HIPAA regulatory compliance in terms of Access to Data and Segregation of access.
- Derived Epics, User stories and estimations, assisted Product Owner to prioritize and Team to break user stories to tasks.
- Maintained an MS Excel based traceability matrix to ensure all functional as well as compliance specific requirements are captured and met per defined priorities and order.
- Created Issues in JIRA and assigned the corresponding workflows as a part of seeking approvals for corresponding issues, setup burn down charts, resource allocation graphs to resonate the project plan.
- Utilized Advance Excel functions like Pivot tables and Look-up tables for Root Cause Analysis.
- Generated UML diagrams like Use Cases and Activity diagram using MS Visio along with some supporting artifacts and Mockups in Balsamiq.
- Created Logical data Interface Document and supported System Architect by providing significant reports of Reverse Engineering Analysis and mapping relationship between source fields and target fields.
- Designed and implemented advance SQL queries like joins, unions, group by, order by and created views, functions and triggers to extract data for storage in Oracle database.
- Attended code review session with the development team and monitored Continuous Integration process in Jenkins.
- Analyzed the applications interface with EHR data and facilitated secure data availability to permitted users, identified data encryption needs based on underlying EHR Data.
- Ensured the Testing teams deliverables were aligned with the requirements, reviewed and validated test cases, acceptance criteria along with de-identified data to be used for testing.
- Tested functionality by using impersonation features to validate the functionality for different customer types (PPO/HMO) and screen changes based on changes in location.
- Co-ordinated User Acceptance Testing Activities by understanding user feedback for implemented functionalities, created change requests for ‘nice to have’ features identified.
- Performed HIPAA Level 1-5 testing including Numeric Field Validation, Specific requirement bases testing, Situational Tests, Balancing Tests and Code Set Testing.
- Created XDS and WSDLS for implementing web services and performed API Testing to check if they are returning appropriate data using Postman along with API Documentation.
- Utilized Tableau to create an intuitive visualization to draw a comparison between user interaction times with the application to get answers against the existing process involving the toll-free number and the web application.
Confidential, Okemos, MI
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Facilitated interviews/meetings with the PO, SMEs and the Development team to review and discuss on the requirements.
- Interacted with User community to Identify, Analyze and Formalize Requirements and establish working relationships with business functions during Program Increment (PI) planning meetings.
- Worked closely with the Product Owner and Development Team to prepare the product backlog to capture the features, prioritize and document the estimates and milestones for a release.
- Effectively used Confluence to stack all the business artifacts and SME touch points for the entire team.
- Analyzed and identified gaps/issues in claims, encounters and remittance advice process flow.
- Created maps & layouts for HIPAA as imposed during Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Conducted Risk Analysis to identify the risks associated with developing the patches, and formulated a Mitigation Plan to eliminate or reduce risks of high severity and any major effects. Provided day-to-day EDI translator support.
- Assisted System Architect in designing and implementing complex user interfaces using HTML stream rules.
- Involved in writing SQL queries like joins, unions and aggregate functions to perform data validation and quality check.
- Worked in data integration of the claims data section, data mapping, data cleaning and data transformation.
- Monitored and control the code of the system in Github code repository by access control to secure the code.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases, along with performing Smoke Testing.
- Rendered X12 Syntax Integrated Testing, Balancing Testing, Code Testing, Specialty Testing and Trading Partner Specific Testing when environment is upgraded. Tested HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets Standards.
- Identified testers for UAT along with noting feedbacks and performed Alpha testing to check the critical functionalities.
- Edited cURL code snippets in Postman for API reference documentation and tested the outcomes of the API.
- Designed and developed various visual analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on single worksheet in Tableau desktop to understand different claimant’s nature.
Environment: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe 4.0), Facets, JIRA, Confluence, MS Office suite, MS Visio, XML, Java, Quality Center, Swagger, MS SQL 12, Informatica PowerCenter, Tableau
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Business System Analyst
- Elicited requirements and created Functional and Non-Functional Requirement Documents, BRDs, FRDs, Use Cases, End-to-End System Workflows, Interface Diagrams, and Mapping Documents.
- Analyzed EDI Partnerships and data requirements and created mappings specs based on findings.
- Created complex workflow diagrams using BPMN 2.0 to represent the existing and the TO-BE process and performed Gap Analysis on it.
- Involved in analyzing requirements for data migration, data reconciliation, mapping rules, staging rules and Transformation rules for the ETL processes, worked on Master Data Management(MDM).
- Maintained current knowledge and facility with Confidential initiatives, training materials, Standard Operation Procedures, departmental processes and company policies. Used Confidential Beneficiary Database (MBR) to update beneficiary's information.
- Extensively created Business Process Modeling Diagrams/Swim Lane Flows using BPMN notations and MS Visio indicating future state of database, splitting swim lane flow.
- Created Process Flow Diagram to represent source to target mapping of the data from source to ODS and to EDW.
- Generated Conceptual and Logical model document defining entities and attributes with data types along with cardinalities and relationships between entities.
- Identified all the Dimensions and Facts and collaborated with Architects to design Snow-flake schema for the Centralized Data Warehouse, following the top-down approach.
- Wrote Transformation Rules along with performing Data Profiling on the collected source data.
- Assisted in data mapping and integration by using different transformations like joiner, filter, expression, sort, aggregator and look up in Informatica Power Center along with creating Mapplets.
- Extensively supported the ETL team by developing SQL queries like store procedures, functions and views for testing ETL logic. Standardizing ETL processes across multiple platforms.
- Performed OLAP Operations like slice, dice, roll-up, drill-down and pivot adhering to the reporting requirements.
- Tested Data mart prototype SQL, ETL process (SSIS and SSRS) for Dental Patient Management System where data was transferred from AS-400 which was the old Database to EDW.
- Created efficient Test Plans to effectively test the migrated data and developed a new template to be used for all future testing for the organization. Implementing proficient use of SQL to fetch complex data from the database for testing.
- Communicated the final Functional Specification Document (FSD) for each iteration with internal team as well as the state officials and validated the added functionality by conducting UAT sessions.
- Assisted Technical writer in creating API Documentation which described thorough understanding of API, arguments, return type and interface it supports using Swagger.
- Created reports using Tableau for business to be able to more deeply analyze the needs of improvement in their function.
Environment: Hybrid Waterfall, MS Office suite, TFS, EDI, Smartsheet, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, Management Studio for SQL, Swagger, Quality Center, Mulesoft, Aldon, Tableau, Informatica Power Center.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Involved actively throughout the Software Development Life cycle (SDLC). Conducted meetings and interviews with the business users and SME's in eliciting the information and gathering the requirements.
- Collaborated with business teams in setting up the opportunity attributes like Budget, Timelines, Scope and ROI.
- Assisted project manager in creating Project Scope Document and Project Charter Document.
- Generated requirement artifacts like Business Requirement Document, System Requirement Document, and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Created UML diagrams such as Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Identified and documented Business Rules and defined Functional Definitions, Responsible for coordinating, tracking and updating project issues, risks and change controls that impacted the BA Team.
- Worked with Data Analyst in Data Mapping of feeds from reference data systems to in-house applications, generating Data Mapping Document and data cleaning.
- Performed Back End Testing using SQL queries, generating reports to ensure data integrity and validate the inserted and updated data.
- Involved in updating system Test Plans and guided Software Quality Team in Developing Test Strategies during various Test Cycles. Assisted in Developing Test Scenarios and Deriving Test Cases based on Business Requirements, Technical Specifications in Test Director.
- Coordinated with the UAT testing group and provided technical assistance in planning and implementing Test Schedule for UAT. Involved in web services API testing using SOAP UI and Postman tool.
- Monitor and drive cooperate cGMP inspection Readiness ensuring cGMP Compliance to regulatory requirements as well as any other statutory rules applicable in the development, manufacturing and packaging of injectable products.
- Elicited requirements using various techniques like interviews, brainstorm session and documented them by creating BRD, SRS and RTM, as part of the requirement gathering.
- Interacted with underwriters to understand multiple data points. Prepared Data Flow Diagrams using MS Visio for better clarity and to ensure documented process.
- Conducted JAD sessions to facilitate discussion between the different users to resolve issues and came to an agreement.
- Identified and documented Issues, Risks and Gaps based on past Audits and their descriptions and impact.
- Reviewed screen/report designs. Interacted with suppliers to understand how this system could interface with their inventory system. Ensuring proper placement of business controls, re-engineered business processes.
- Assisted in Data Management and validated the data using various SQL quires like joins, union and aggregate functions.
- Assisted the QA personnel in the creation of Test Cases using Rational Test Manager and dealt with change requests that were carried out using Rational Clear Quest.
- Maintained Test Matrix with the test results obtained during testing phase. Participated in System and Performance testing.
- Facilitated UAT to ensure that the compiled software components of the applications adhere to Project Standards, Performance Criteria and Functional Specifications.
- Created and monitored defect tracking process and reported bugs to the development team. Involved in identifying the base testing efforts on a prioritized feature schedule.
Environment: Waterfall, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Test Manager, MS Project, Erwin, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, JAVA, .net, MS SQL Server
Jr. Data Analyst/ SQL Developer
- Gathered requirements to optimize the existing database management system by understanding the pain points observed as a part of the daily data entry process by attending walkthroughs.
- Demonstrated MS SQL Server experience in resolving database scalability issues by gaining a solid understanding of the Physical and Logical database schemas and tables used in the existing setup.
- Performed a deep dive analysis to explore opportunities for performance improvements of the database by the use of normalizing existing data tables.
- Created Views, Tables, user defined data types and user defined functions, involved in writing SQL batch scripts.
- Developed stored procedures to fetch data from over 20 active Database Tables to create reports containing sales data.
- Liaised with vendors on requirements to ensure 100% automation of the report generation process through FTP’s.
- Generated Customized reports, on-demand reports, ad-hoc reports and involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports using SSRS.
- Cleansed existing data contained within DB tables using MS Excel to be compatible for visualizations. Highlighted outliers using trend lines to investigate possibilities of fraud claims.
- Enhanced users’ understanding of the updated database and the newly created visualization reports by creating user manuals using Microsoft PowerPoint and Data flow diagrams.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000, MS Office suite, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Advance Excel