- More than 16+ years of hands - on experience as a Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager/Administrator in various business analytical and business intelligence reporting projects.
- Expert Hyperion Professional (Planning, Essbase, OBIEE, HFM, HPCM, SmartView and WorkSpace interphase) with extensive hands-on experience in Hyperion Project execution.
- Expert in Hyperion Planning helping develop systems with calculations for Budgeting and Forecasting reporting in Corporate Finance. Managing security for data input by the Lines of Businesses.
- Experienced in managing IBM InfoSphere DataStage, Tivoli Workload Scheduler(TWS) MQFTE, RHEL & AIX
- Extensive knowledge of the Banking Products such as Commercial and consumer loans, Mortgage, Time Deposits Fixed term deposits, Money Market Accounts, Current deposits, Demand Deposits, liquidity deposits, private banking, brokerage and trust funds, in-depth understanding of Wealth, Commercial, Retail and Financing groups and their products.
- Extensive knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), project management life cycle (PLC) and software development methodologies such as RUP, Waterfall for front office etc. Well-versed with MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear quest, test director. Thorough knowledge of PMBOK guidelines.
- Experienced project scheduler, work breakdown structures (WBS) & Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Successfully developed / implemented Business Process models in mid- to large-sized projects and acquired understanding of process mapping. Demonstrative experience in requirement change management, defining the data requirements, preparing data flow diagrams, data analysis, data dictionary and data mappings.
- Experienced in other BI tools such as Business Objects, Cognos and SQL server with SSIS and SSAS.
- Proficient using MS Visio and UML and designing Use Cases.
- Hands on in developing and implemented QA /UAT test plans and User training. Gained recognition in planning and executing the smoke testing, system testing, functional testing, integration testing, ad-hoc testing, performance testing and regression testing for Teradata.
- Hands on experience in conducting user training sessions, preparing user-training manuals and conducted post audit meetings for issue resolutions during production.
- Identified the gap analysis in financial services industry and specialize in Front office analysis, information systems management and analytical reporting using various objects and Reporting in Actimize and AML.
- Involved in gathering requirements for alerts for various Actimize models, including Trade Surveillance Domain models, involved in testing various alerts, configuring thresholds and monitoring exception reports.
- Proficient in creating growth models using Macro Economic drivers for automated plan creation.
- Working on Equity, Fixed Income and Derivative (Futures, Options, Forwards and Swaps), BRD, FRD &UDM.
- Create budget approvals, project plans and resource plans to initiate projects as a project manager.
- Create high-level overview design documents for developers.
- Review testing plans and results as well as support business users for UAT.
- Conduct progress status check for multiple banking products Loans, Deposits, Swift transfers, market instruments like liquidity, fixed term deposits, money market (MMA), pooling and CMS.
- Facilitated system readiness for Budgeting/Forecasting initiatives by coordinating with the finance team
- Supporting the Hyperion Planning development for new Budget/Forecast session.
- Updating Chart of Account and Business Unit (GL) entry items to consolidate for Tokyo Head office reporting
- Creating High level Essbase reports that were used as the backbone for CFO and Head office reporting.
- Understand project needs and interact with project leads, business analysts and developers
- On Going Production Support, conduct application change managements in accordance with SMBC SDLC
- Analyze business user enquiries and providing timely updates and production support coordination
- Create production incident reports developing procedures to avoid reoccurrences
- Conduct regression tests when necessary, especially in every application build.
- Creating project and testing for SWIFT in Fedwire project from intermediate bank to direct transfer
Applications: Hyperion Planning, Essbase, HFM, HPCM, IBM InfoSphere DataStage, WebSphere, Tivoli Workload Scheduler(TWS) MQFTE, RHEL, AIX, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Excel, Project, Visio.
Confidential, Ltd, Jersey City, NJ
Project Manager/ Business Analyst - Expert
- As a lead IT for collaboration on reporting requirements, support, application improvements and project.
- Direct implementation/analysis of reporting requirement, policy and procedures as it relates to said tool set.
- Coordination with various business lines and management for usage and rollout of OBIEE and Hyperion
- Effectively supported business functions like Strategic execution of reporting systems to business line managers and IT for execution and maintenance of such databases
- Interact with IT where necessary to develop a harmonized reporting solutions
- Functional Business Analysts to provide business units with reporting requirements
- Developed Business Process Reengineering as it relates to the business units to better utilize reporting tools.
- Coordinated SIT and UAT testing with users and time management to keep project on track.
Applications: Hyperion Essbase, OBIEE, DRM, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Excel, Project, Visio.
Confidential, New York City, NY
Project Manager / Sr. Business Analyst
- Performed as Project manager and Business Analyst for Corporate Finance teams for reporting
- Documented legacy Hyperion Business Rules and auto calculation and ensuring Finance Data Mart FDM is functioning as expected.
- Designed Budget Vs Forecast Vs Actual reports in OBIEE
Applications: Hyperion Essbase, OBIEE, HFM, FDM, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Excel, Project, Visio.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Project Manager/ Coordinator
- Performed as the Head of Triage committee as well as taking on the Project Manager roll.
- Test lead and test coordinator for UAT and Customer Interface tests.
- Prepared UAT plan documentation for US in state and out of state users.
- Received project promotion for the core banking system replacement project (loan, deposit, and treasury function systems replacement project).
- Performed test coordination and arrangements with cross pillar concerned members (system developers, branches outside of the US, Financial institutions, end users, data warehouse downstream users - such as Market Risk/Credit Risk, Enterprise Users Community, and other team members/users).
- Performed progress tracking and defect triage including controlling triage as the head for testing.
- Pioneered systems migration support for end users.
- Supported and managed user’s inquiries and incidents, for core banking systems live implementations.
- Handled Program Hudson Core Banking System Replacement project, replacing the Bank’s Deposits, Loans, FX/Money Market systems and Trade Finance Systems.
- Development took place in both Japan and in the U.S.
- Each group has their own Project Management Office (“Execution PMO”). Program Hudson Central Project Management Office (“Central PMO”) oversees each Execution PMO’s activities.
Applications: Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Excel, Project, Visio.
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
Sr. Business Analyst & Project Manager
- Effectively partner with the senior management to provide financial guidance on system solutions.
- Facilitated system readiness for Budgeting/Forecasting initiatives by coordinating with the finance team.
- Contributing to Chart of Account (COA) committee and maintenance.
- Created ad-hoc reporting comparing Budget vs. Actual vs. Forecast and year over year analysis and trending.
- Design and develop forms, business processes, testing of the systems, performance tuning and security.
- Facilitated reporting on projects by different asset types budgeting require, life of project, life of assets, depreciation and effects on future balance sheet and income statement creating an overarching P&L analysis.
- Assisting RBG, CBG, NFG and WMG to establish their product databases in Hyperion Essbase, OBIEE, HFM, Business Objects and Micro Strategy reporting system this included Loans, Deposits (time, fixed, current, demand (DDA), liquidity, fixed term deposits, money market (MMA), pooling and CMS. Understanding the products to establish the connection with the WMG for common and separate reporting.
- Created training material and conducted training for all user’s acceptance Web-Ex and in Person training
- Lead optimization for Retail, Commercial and Wealth group reporting tools.
- Identified the gap analysis and specialize in Front office analysis, information systems management and analytical reporting using various business objects and Reporting in Actimize and AML & UDM reporting.
- Involved in gathering requirements for alerts for various Actimize models, involved in testing various alerts, configuring thresholds and monitoring exception reports.
- Worked on defining scope: Dodd Frank Act & CCAR compliance projects & gathering business requirements.
- Analyzed Dodd Frank Act & CCAR compliance requirements and identified functional and non-functional requirements prioritized the requirements, developed effective and unambiguous Business Requirement Document and translated them into Functional Specifications.
- Created Project Charter for overall finance development projects. Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with all teams for overall requirement and meetings to determine the particular needs with individual teams and players. Created Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Specification Document (FSD) for planning application.
- Creating SharePoint based project tracking application for FP&A to centralize current state reporting. Managing meetings, minutes and meeting logistics communicating issue resolutions with Management
Applications: Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Excel, Project, Visio, Hyperion Planning, HFM, HPCM, Actimize
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Business Analyst & Project Coordinator.
- Facilitated Integration of Wealth Management Reporting Data Mart for Well Fargo and Wachovia Bank.
- Collaborated with the business to identify opportunities for consolidated SQL reporting by performing gap analysis on reports produced before integration.
- Created the plan for a single source of reporting data in the Master Data Mart (MDM), based on data sourced from several different systems using Data Migration for updating and sun setting systems.
- Integrated Mortgage, Consumer Loans, Liquidity Deposits, Demand Deposits (DDA), Time Deposits, Fixed term Deposits, Money Market (MMA), CDs, CMS system for single source of reporting.
- Creating new flags to indicate multiple products with the company such as Safety Lock Boxes, Account delinquent state such as active, dormant and delinquent flags for 30, 60, 90 and 120+ Days.
- Lead project in changing data base from Active Data Warehouse Oracle based to Enterprise Data Information Warehouse a Teradata based system.
- Creating Different testing material and conducted including Functional, Integration, Rational and User Acceptance Testing. Major project undertaking in line with Wells Fargo and Wachovia Merger.
- Created Project Charter: Project Definition Document (PDD) for overall Wealth Integration project. Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with teams for overall requirement and meetings to determine the particular needs with individual teams. Created Business Requirements Document (BRD), Consumer and Deposits Integration projects, including requirements necessary for Wells Fargo and Wachovia Bank Legacy consolidated reporting. Created Functional Specification Document (FSD
- Conducted daily SCRUM meetings to establish daily deliverables and mitigated obstructions to development schedule. Create Daily, Weekly and Monthly progress reports on projects and issues in SharePoint.
- Assisted in creating overall Project Plan including resource allocation, steps in System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Requirements Tracking and Traceability.
Applications: Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Excel, Project.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Business Analyst.
- Conducted JAD sessions and created BRD for creating Performance Metrics to assess and track Marketing effectiveness. Partnering with key participants to design and implement Performance Management Metrics.