- 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst with proficiency in Business Requirement gathering and documentation, strong ability to understand business requirements and translate them to functional requirement specifications
- Proficient in creating BRD, Use Cases, writing User Stories, understanding the business process flow, business process modeling and developing and diagraming the As - Is and To-Be processes
- Expertise knowledge in all areas of software development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies: Waterfall and Agile Scrum
- Experienced in Gathering Requirements by using various methods of requirement elicitation techniques: JAD, interviews, observation and process analysis
- Extensive experience in identifying opportunities for growth, identifying strengths, weaknesses and threats (SWOT) to improve processes
- Experienced in performing Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis and UML modeling including Use Cases, Process flow and Activity Diagrams using tools such as Microsoft Visio and LucidChart.
- Experienced in creating test scenarios, test cases and performing Functional, Integration and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Good knowledge of writing SQL queries.
- Strong experience in POS, E-Commerce and mobile applications
- Highly motivated with desire to learn as I am currently learning Power BI and SSRS reporting tools
Requirement management tool: MS Share Point, MS Visual Studio Team Services (TFS), Version One, JIRA
Design tool: MS Visio, LucidChart
Database tool: MS SQL, Access, Oracle
Productivity tool: MS Office Suite, Outlook
Unified modeling tools (UML): Activity, process flow and use case diagrams.
Business Skills: Business Requirements Analysis, Business Process Analysis, GAP Analysis, Use Case Modeling & Analysis, User Stories, Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional, Integration and User Acceptance Testing, Business Environment Analysis and Market Research Analysis
Confidential, Washington DC
- Translate stakeholder requirements into tangible deliverables such as, functional specifications and user stories.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to discuss application enhancement, modification requests to increase operational efficiency, and ensure business and technology alignment.
- Analyze current applications and provide solution alternatives for application enhancements, reporting and analytics.
- Write and analyze use cases and user stories/requirements, design test scenarios and test cases for functional, integration and user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Perform functional and integration testing to identify and reconcile bugs/errors and ensure requirements were correctly interpreted and met.
- Attend WebEx status meetings to identify critical arears of project progress, track progress and build accountability within project.
- Prepare Business Requirement Document (BRD) and procedure documents for developers to facilitate the implementation of desired product, on-budget and on-time product delivery.
- Collaborate with developers to automate manual processes, reduce errors and operational costs while shortening process execution time.
- Provide production support during go-live and post implementation support.
- Analyze requirements for the design of the steering committee page, intended to provide project visibility from executive level and enable better guidance of overall project performance and progress.
- Design process flow diagrams.
- Record meeting minutes and share with the team.
Confidential, Crofton, MD
- Researched and analyzed business processes and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement, redesigned and implemented automated processes to increase process efficiency.
- Gathered and analyzed requirements for the inventory system, a project that was initiated to allow for better inventory control, reduce shrink, increase accuracy and higher levels of efficiency and customer service.
- Collected customer requirements for managing supply and delivery, translated the requirements into documentation for effective process flow mapping.
- Gathered and documented functional and nonfunctional requirements through stakeholder and subject matter experts (SME) engagement and translated requirements into user stories.
- Used Microsoft Visio and LucidChart to create UML diagrams; use cases, activity and process flow diagrams to better capture requirements.
- Developed business process models by performing Gap Analysis, documented existing (As-Is) and future (To-Be) business processes.
- Assisted the PM in managing the Agile Scrum process to ensure smooth delivery of project deliverables.
- Collaborated with developers and designers to design and implement new features to increase efficiency within the inventory system.
- Worked on an E-Commerce Agile Scrum project to design a more interactive and resourceful web portal for customers, and to better showcase products and services.
- Worked to upgrade the POS system which then integrated with the existing E-commerce application to promote real time data and increase reporting accuracy.
- Worked as a Business Analyst for the implementation of a web based Human Resource (HR) information system. The new HR system allowed for employee self-service and enabled employers to customize employee profiles and give them access to various tools for efficient data exchange, reporting and increase Human Resource Management's capacity to leverage and assimilate new and emerging technologies.
- Worked with the testing leads to analyze test cases and to map test cases to requirements and provided support for the translation, validation, and verification of program capabilities.
- Wrote test scenarios, test cases and performed user acceptance testing (UAT) to ensure that requirements were correctly interpreted and met.
- Extracted and analyzed data using SQL database to create reports and find gaps in data.
- Trained users on new features and applications.
Help Desk Specialist
Confidential, Bowie, MD
- Provided Telephone helpdesk support to users and troubleshoot issues.
- Created Help Desk tickets and assign to appropriate personnel.
- Provided helpdesk support and resolved issues to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Supported and trained users on new applications.
- Assisted with on boarding of new users.
- Troubleshoot various software and hardware issues.
- Followed up with users to ensure problems have been resolved.