- Excellent team player and result oriented Business Analyst with a proven track record of working in self - organized and cross functional teams while interacting with stakeholders to deliver quality software systems and enhanced business processes providing value to the customers in domain of healthcare.
- Over 8 years of Experience as a Business analyst/Business System analyst in variety of projects under Healthcare Domain. Experienced in different Software Development Methodologies like Scrum, Waterfall, Water-Scrum-fall Hybrid, also have fair understanding of other industry standard methodologies like Extreme Programming, SAFE (4.0), and Kanban.
- Actively involved in projects of healthcare domain such as Claim automation and adjudication, (Electronic Medical Record) EMR and (Electronic Health Record) EHR, HIPAA 4010/5010 transition to accommodate the conversion of ICD 9 CM to ICD 10 CM/PCS codes and Validating 837 (Healthcare Claims), 835 (Healthcare Claims payment / Remittance Advice), 270 (Eligibility request) and 271 (Eligibility Response).
- Knowledgeable in area of the various types of health insurance programs Medicaid, Medicare (Part A, B, C and D), PPO (Preferred provider organization), HMO (Health maintenance organization), POS (Point of Service).
- Experience with ANSI X12 Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Transactions 837, 835, 820, 276, 277, 278, 999 code sets testing in Health Insurance and Strong Knowledge of TriZetto FACETS Core Business Application for Enrollment, billing & Claim and well-versed in healthcare laws such as HIPAA, ACA, HL 7, HITECH ACT.
- Expertise in capturing, analyzing and documenting complex business requirements in SDLC. Exceptional communication and presentation skills with experience in the development, implementation, integration and utilizing quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Highly proficient in working with diverse users and stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and gather requirements using techniques such as Interviews, Brainstorming sessions, workshops like JAD, observations and existing system documentation/procedures- Document Analysis, Prototyping, Requirements Workshops, Questionnaires, Focus Groups.
- Excellent Business writing skills in drafting High Level Document (HLD) like Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD); and Low-Level Documents (LLD) like Functional Specifications, Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), Workflows, and User Story using Microsoft Excel (2017), Microsoft Word (2016), Google docs.
- Involved in Sprint Ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective) for Agile Scrum Methodology. Worked in agile environment creating user stories, documents, and essential business use cases.
- Assisted PM in preparing Project Schedules, establishing Milestones & creating Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Assisted Product Owner in defining minimum viable product (MVP) features of the application under development.
- Experienced in writing User stories using INVEST criteria, facilitating Product Owner to prioritize using MoSCoW, KANO model and also used estimation techniques such as Planning Poker, T-shirt sizing, Relative Mass Evaluation
- Proficient in facilitating functional requirement walkthroughs for all the impacting projects, knowledge transfer sessions to make the users and other teams aware of all the changes being made in the system.
- Created multiple Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams including Use Cases, Activity, Sequence using MS-Visio.
- Create wireframes and mock-ups using Balsamiq and also created Business Process Model in MS Visio.
- Experience in performing GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Impact Analysis, Cost benefit analysis on various projects to understand the TO-BE system and modify the AS-IS system.
- Experienced in Data warehousing and ETL process. Aware of the DW creation process including OLTP, OLAP, Data marts, Staging, Data sources, Normalization, Dimension tables.
- Good knowledge of the Star and Snowflake schema, Transformation rules and different OLAP operations such as slice, dice, roll-up, drill down and pivot.
- Involved in Data Modeling; Data mapping, Data integration, Data migration, Data Extraction, Transformation & Loading (ETL). Knowledgeable in areas of ER Diagrams (ERD) and Dimension Modelling.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for reporting/data validation. Also, used Joins, Unions, Outer Joins, and Group by, Order by, and Aggregate functions to extract data from Databases like MySQL, Oracle.
- Experience in REST/SOAP APIs and Webservices and API testing tools such as SOAP UI, Postman.
- Created API Documentation containing all the information required to work with the API, with details about the functions, classes, return types and arguments using Swagger Tools with Automated documentation process.
- Coordinated with the testing team during the formulation of Test Plan and Test Cases for Functional, System, Integration, UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and Regression Testing, Black Box, White Box based on Design Document, User Requirement Document for the Functional and Performance Testing.
- Experienced in Creating Operational Dashboards to monitor frequently changing business processes, Strategic Dashboards to track the KPIs across organization and Analytical Dashboards to analyze large volumes of data using Informatica and Tableau.
- Involved in maintaining product backlog, writing PBIs, sizing user stories. Managed open issues, removed impediments, & worked with cross-functional teams to improve software quality & test coverage. Also used JIRA for issue management and bug tracking.
Project Management: Atlassian JIRA, Rally, HP ALM, MS Project, VersionOne
Database: MySQL, Oracle DB, DB2, SQL Server.
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Balsamiq, Lucid Chart, Google Drawing
Reporting/BI: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI.
Defect Tracking: JIRA, HP ALM, HP QC
Collaboration tools: Atlassian Confluence, MS SharePoint
Testing Tools: Postman, SOAP UI, Swagger, Cucumber, LoadRunner
Web Development: HTML, XML, JSON, REST, SOAP
Data Warehousing: Data Modeling, Data Mapping, OLTP, OLAP, ETL, Informatica PowerCenter
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Performed Document analysis, and GAP analysis to analyze As-Is business process and the To-Be system and assisted in fixing the scope of the project and to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure.
- Studied existing business application and processes , identified and funneled current source system . Also used BPMN using MS Visio to gain understanding of current EDI claim process workflow.
- Collected end user requirements by using interviews, requirement workshops, brainstorming sessions and suggested the improvised business process model.
- Worked closely with product owner to develop user stories and acceptance criteria to build an incremental business value. Also Managed and track user stories in JIRA.
- Conducted demonstration session to explain the ability of Splunk Enterprise to capture, index, collate, and visualize logs and data generated by the many components of the EDI claims processing chain.
- Worked with FACETS Team for HIPAA X12 837(I,P,D) and 835 Claims Validation and Verification Process ( Pre-Adjudication ), Conducted claims validation and pending/denied Claims Analysis for the Health plans.
- Participated in the walkthroughs and meetings specifically for Claims filing processing , weekly status meetings to present status and in corporate any digressions from the original scope.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting business rules and Conducted several workshops with the business team to understand business rules and data requirements. Also, actively documented change requests from clients and managed them during backlog grooming meetings .
- Captured process flows by preparing Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams and other UML diagrams for a clear understanding of the project vision by using MS VISIO.
- Involved in creation of Mock-Ups and Wireframes of user interface using Balsamiq for client verification.
- Functioned as the liaison between the business line and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract and analyze data from FACETS Database and produce weekly and monthly reports and also Performed Data analysis and Data validation.
- Assisted Data Analyst in all stages of development processes including analyzing data from various sources like IBM web sphere application server, Sterling file gateway, Sybase facets performance analytics.
- Involved in finalizing Knowledge objects from Splunk and indexes involved on searchable data from any app, server or network device in real time including logs, config files, messages, alerts, and metrics .
- Helped the testing team to successfully conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) , based on the Design Document and User Requirement Document for the Functional and Performance Testing.
- Identified and validated different Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor the performance of the system.
- Involved in Splunk REST APIs testing using Postman and also performed manual testing to test the functionality.
- Used JIRA for issue tracking, user story management and requirement traceability . Also used Confluence to keep track of Minutes of Meetings (MoM) and to share gathered requirements and diagrams.
Environment: Agile (scrum), MS Excel, Facets 5.0, MS Visio, Balsamiq, HP ALM 11.5, HP LoadRunner 12.5, JIRA, Confluence, Postman 5.1, Splunk 7.2, Splunk DB connect, Oracle, XML, REST API, Swagger.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Elicited requirements from Business users and stakeholders by interviewing and asking them detailed questions, by JAD sessions, Focus Groups, Brainstorming and recorded and documented the requirements in a format easily understood and reviewed by both business and technical people.
- Involved in all scrum ceremonies like daily stand ups for sprint progress, sprint review to capture any feedback or changed requirements from the stakeholders for Potential Shippable Product Increment (PSPI).
- Assisted Product Owner in slicing, prioritizing, and estimation of user stories.
- Performed Impact Analysis to derive and document requirements for the new Data Warehouse. Performed AS-IS and TO-BE business process analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system with the new business requirements.
- Created UI screen mockups and prototypes for the proposed reports, using Balsamiq, to provide a user-friendly front end for the proposed system.
- Worked on data integration, data migration, and data modeling. Worked with Informatica PowerCenter for extracting, transforming, loading, and maintaining the data.
- Developed conceptual and logical data model and also created data dictionary for different data models.
- Helped the data warehouse team with information to support the analysis of the data requirements for reporting and in defining the source to target data mappings, business rules and data definitions.
- Assisted in Normalization of databases up to 3NF to put them into the star schema of the data warehouse.
- Created Data Mapping Document (DMD) to convert business requirements into data mapping rules.
- Engaged in Data profiling to asses data quality and its conformity to the target definitions.
- Defined OLAP cube dimensions as per the reporting requirements and performed multiple OLAP operations.
- Performed rollup, slicing, dicing and pivot operations to move up and down through hierarchies and alter dimensions to provide different views to end user.
- Executed SQL Join queries like outer join, inner join and cross join to pull data from multiple tables and validate the data for its accuracy and data integrity.
- Generated various reports and dashboards using Tableau for providing strong business intelligence to the management.
- Assisted the programmer and the technical writer in designing API implementation documentation, describing how to effectively use the Software API for system integration using Postman.
- Identified KPIs to measure the performance and status of the business.
- Worked closely with QA and Development team through all test phases to document test scenarios and test cases for specific business requirements.
- Made sure that all the deployment schedules were on time and developed user manual to provide user training.
- Extensively worked on JIRA as an issue tracking tool by creating Epics, User stories and for resolving issues & bugs.
Environment: Agile Scrum, JIRA, MS Visio, Informatica Power Center 9.6, MS office Suite, MySQL Database, Tableau 8.0, Postman 4.3
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Business Systems Analyst
- Conducted formal interviews, Live Meetings and JAD sessions with business users Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to gather the requirements and transformed those into Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Based on the gathered requirement created the user stories and acceptance criteria and assisted Product Owner (PO) in prioritizing user stories.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams in MS Visio to understand the system.
- Actively participated in all scrum ceremonies like Sprint planning, daily scrum, review and retrospective meetings. Also was making sure that changes from client were being addressed in product backlog.
- Actively used JIRA for managing the user stories and also was involved in updating the stakeholder regarding project progress by release burn up and sprint burndown chart .
- Using Balsamiq worked on interface requirements for the Patient Appointment feature in the system that allowed the user to check the Doctor's availability & their schedule before finalizing the patient's appointment.
- Maintained a Requirement Traceability Matrix in MS Excel to ensure that all Functional Requirements are addressed. Assured requirements are tested using test coverage in HP ALM.
- Used SQL queries to verify the data from disparate database and to make sure that changes are implemented.
- Used SOAP UI for API testing and Swagger for API documentation.
- Worked on creating dashboards on Tableau to provide intelligence to operation team based on various KPIs.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing with UAT cases and resolved issues with the users. Worked in close co-ordination with the QA and testing team, reviewed and validated test plans, test cases and test scenarios.
Environment: : Agile Scrum, Balsamiq, JIRA, SOAP UI 5.2, Swagger, Tableau, MS-Office, MS Visio, Oracle, HP ALM.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Conducted formal interviews and JAD sessions with business users Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to gather the requirements. Gained understanding of AS-IS system by thorough Document Analysis. Also performed GAP analysis to analyze AS-IS and TO-BE analysis and assisted in developing process models using MS VISIO.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD) to accommodate high level requirements and also created System Requirement Specification (SRS) document for addressing low level function and nonfunctional requirements, GUI and data requirements using MS Project.
- Worked with the ICD-10 team to created organization's ICD-10 map by mapping ICD-9 to ICD-10 Diagnosis Codes and document the required changes in various ANSI X12 transactions like 270/271,276/277, 278, 834, 835 and 837.
- Involved in breaking down the General Equivalence Mapping document (GEM) to provide clear understanding of ICD 9 transition process to the team.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using MS VISIO.
- Worked on different EDI scenarios for batch processing and ensured day-to-day EDI transmission , Reject tracking and Reconciliation.
- Executed SQL queries to test the database for records that detect and submit functional acknowledgement and remittance advice in the claims application.
- Conducted Smoke Testing, System testing , Regression testing for test scenarios of the new ICD-10 UAT region and recorded all the testing results in RTM using MS EXCEL.
- Used HP QC for managing the test cases and developed (UAT) User Acceptance Testing plan to guide a selected group of key end-users in testing the user interface and functionality of the application.
Environment: Waterfall, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Project, SharePoint, HP QC, SOAP UI, Swagger
- Performed Business Process re-engineering and Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Elicited the business requirements for the project using One-One Interviews, Document analysis, Surveys, JAD sessions and used the standard template of the organization to develop requirements.
- Used wireframes and screenshots for the application to easily communicate it to the users using MS Visio .
- Conducted project related Presentations periodically to the management and end users during various phases of SDLC.
- Used DDL, DML and DCL SQL queries to perform data analysis, data validation and data manipulation.
- Working with Data warehouse team and source systems in preparing Data mapping documents and data models to procure the required data feeds into the Application.
- Involved in data analysis techniques to validate business rules and identify low quality missing data in the existing Clinical data warehouse (CDW).
- Identified bugs during the test phase and reported using Rally. Assisted the Testing team in creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and collect Test Data for successful completion of Integration and Functional testing.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing with UAT cases and resolved issues with the users.
- Generated different reports for predictive and exploratory analysis using Power BI reporting tool.
Environment: Water-Scrum-fall Hybrid, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, Lucid Chart, Rally, SQL server, Power BI.
- Conducted elaborate manual testing on test cases and provided feedback to the development team.
- Performed Functional, Negative, Smoke, System, Integration, Regression, UAT and Performance Testing of Website.
- Used HP Quality Center for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests defect tracking and managing the defects.
- Wrote SQL statements in script to retrieve data from database in order to verify accurate data stored in database as well as back end testing.
- Leveraged HP Quality Center & automation tools during development process such HP Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Developed test approaches/test designs. Wrote test plans, created production simulations, and test data and
- Actively participated in regular QA Team meetings to discuss testing process and resolve issues.
Environment: Waterfall, MS office, Oracle, Quick Test Professional (QTP), HP Quality Center and Rally, SharePoint.