- Business Analyst with over 6+ years of progressive experience actively involved in Insurance domain.
- Worked in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile/Scrum.
- Worked throughout SDLC process from initiation/discovery phase to production release and provided post production support.
- Highly experienced in Doors/Rally/JIRA/HPALM for requirements management and defects tracking.
- Experience in documenting, analyzing, and producing key documents such as Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), System Requirement documents (SRD), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Data Dictionary.
- Experienced in working throughout the project lifecycle, starting from the initiation phase to project go - live and providing post production support.
- Experience in working with PMO office for facilitating in managing multiple projects by monitoring project milestones, highlighting project progress, risk/issues and maintaining an appropriate level of project progress reporting.
- Extensive experience in project management tools such as MS Project, Experience in creating key project management artifacts such as Project Charter, developing business case, RACI matrixes, project roadmaps and WBS.
- Experience conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and writing test cases for the same.
- Involved in test planning, test preparation, test execution and issue resolution and report generation to assure that all aspects of the project are in compliance with the business requirements.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, ability to work well under pressure, result-oriented, self-motivating and versatile in problem solving.
- Skillfully used techniques like interviews, surveys, workshops and JAD sessions by using design modeling tools like Microsoft Visio.
- Involved in creating various artifacts like BRD, functional specifications, Use Cases, UML diagrams, data mapping documentation, pre and post RTM, weekly reports etc.
- Capability to communicate with configuration manager, production manager and end users.
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook express, MS Project.
Software Dev Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall.
Testing tools: Quality Center, Quick Testing Professionals, Clear Quest.
Requirement Managerial Tools: Requisite Pro, Doors.
Database: MS SQL Server, MS Access.
Language: SQL, #C, .net, JAVA
Reporting Tools: Cognos, SAP Business Objects, SAS, Crystal
Confidential, Moosic, PA
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Responsible for Gathering Requirements from business users through interviewing groups, one-to-one sessions and Joint Application Development (JAD) session.
- Participated in Primary and Secondary Research in the Identification of User’s Specifications needs.
- Facilitate collection and prioritization of functional requirements from system users. Documented the Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs).
- Produced System Diagrams, Business Requirements, Report Specifications, Workflows and other documentation as required for Project Analysis, Planning and Design.
- Performed the GAP Analysis and Impact Analysis for all business requirements having an impact on the existing application.
- Ensured that relevant UML diagrams and Tools (Requisite Pro) were used in all requirement documents e.g. User Requirements, Functional Specifications.
- All the Annual Statements, Renewal Letters, Policy Pages and all letters in PDF were tested manually with the templates provided by the Business.
- Prepared Flow Diagrams, Sequential Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Conducted the final user-acceptance testing (UAT) and usability testing.
- Met with client groups to determine user requirements and goals. Utilized Agile to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures.
- Assisted the development team during the second and third iteration using the Agile model.
- Created data model that visually represents the nature of data, business rules governing the data, and how it will be organized in the database.
- Extensively used HP Quality center for defect tracking management of test cases.
- Developed tables, Views, Stored Procedures and Triggers using SQL Scripting.
- Worked with ETL (Informatica) developers for creating real-time data interfaces and DB extracts (ETL Design).
- Planned the UAT testing, test plans, test cases and worked with the business users for UAT test execution in developing the training documentation.
- Responsible for planning the SIT (System Integration Testing), Defect tracking & closure.
- Participated in developing and executing Test Plans, performing functional, usability testing and ensuring that the software meets the system Requirement.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and managed requirements.
- Formed advanced SQL Queries and used Microsoft Excel to investigate data issues in the Data Warehouse and worked with the Users and Technology Team to formulate a solution to resolve the issue.
- Worked with Data Warehouse for data mining, making consolidated reports and finding relationships & correlations.
- Documented business processes, operational processes and fulfilled test case and testing plans.
- Worked closely with the Enterprise Data Warehouse team and Business Intelligence Architecture team to understand repository objects that support the business requirement and process.
- Used SQL, Data Warehousing and Data Cleansing for the arrangement of customer data. Used Data mapping for collecting the data.
- Worked on Data mapping, logical data modeling used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database tables.
- Articulated UML through Use Cases, use case document by specifying actors, normal flow, sub flow, alternative flows.
- Involved in Database Driven Testing executed SQL Queries.
- Performed SQL queries for retrieving, organizing the database with general commands like select, create, update, and joins.
- Conducted Data analysis using SQL on the backend databases for producing mapping documentation and transformation rules for developers.
- Maintained meeting minutes, meeting agenda and communicated them with the SMEs and the stakeholders on timely manner using MS Word, MS PowerPoint and created reports using MS Excel.
Confidential, Dover, NH
Sr. Business Analyst
- Coordinated communication across various work streams and translate business and functional requirements in Waterfall and Agile-SCRUM user stories.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and work closely with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Documented business requirements for generating bills namely First Notice, Reminder Notice, Lapse Notice, Overdue Notice and Grace Notice.
- Managed and maintained relationships with onsite and offshore vendors. Worked extensively with vendors for drafting and signing off SOWs.
- Provided post production support by conducting triage meetings to identify issues, prioritizing and tracking issues till final resolution and production sign-off.
- Performed Gap Analysis of business requirements and reported the GAP to the management.
- Facilitated Change Control process by taking change requests through appropriate channel for approval, prioritization and scheduling.
- Provided status updates on multiple projects to PMO and Steering Committee by generating periodic reports and presentations. Reports and presentations were based on analysis of planned vs actual status of the projects. Highlighted project risks in periodic reporting and facilitated in developing mitigation plans.
- Worked closely with business (operations/compliance/ risk/ product and other departments) for developing Business Case Document considering business need, financial model and priority.
- Designed and developed Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Unified Modeling Language (UML), and MS Visio.
- Documented, analyzed and defined the user and system requirements and used Rational Requisite Pro to manage the requirements.
- Prepared business requirements documents (BRD) and got sign off to be used by the developers.
- Developed detail class diagrams and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose XDE.
- Worked with the Policy and Procedure team as required to define new/updated policies and procedures.
- Created prototypes of the GUI environment using Macromedia Dreamweaver to be used by the developers during the design phase.
- Involved in Logical & Physical Data Modeling as well as Database schema design.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to manipulate and validate data.
- Created Data mapping, logical data modeling coordinating with data architects, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the database.
- Worked with the development team during the Design, Build and Test phase of system projects to clarify business requirements as required.
- Developed the integrated development life cycle by integrating Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Quality Manager and Rational Requirements Composer (RRC) with Rational Team Concert.
- Creation and maintenance of Relational Databases for information access and dissemination using MS-SQL Server, MS-ACCESS and Windows Server.
- Provided post production support/analysis and assisted in performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and validated test plans.
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Gathered Business Requirements from the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and documenting the requirements in the BRD.
- Obtained business requirements in form of User Stories from business users and stakeholders using JAD sessions, brainstorming sessions, focus groups and personal interviews to get a better understanding of the client's business process and business need for the Guidewire Claim Center implementation.
- Involved in developing and documenting Business scenarios from first notification of loss through settlement according to Claim Center workflow.
- Worked with the business to document and develop formulas for the calculation of premiums and losses statistics in the marts (e.g. Written Premium, Earned Premium, Unearned Premium).
- Managed the product and release backlog using Rally.
- Analyzed the as-is and to-be state of the project and performed Gap analysis, Impact analysis and SWOT analysis for the Billing Center and Policy Center implementation.
- Developed functional specifications for integrating with Legacy system.
- Elicited, documented, modeled, validated and prioritized functional and non-functional requirements using interviews, data analysis, and different modeling tools.
- Actively involved in preparing and writing the business requirement documents, functional requirement documents and data mapping documentation.
- Performed in depth data analysis identifying data issues in legacy system and worked with business to develop resolutions to those issues.
- Used Rally for status reporting and planning.
- Utilized MS Visio for designing Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams, after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes.
- Created data mapping documents for the movement of data from production databases to the warehouse and from the warehouse to the policy and claims marts.
- Performed SQL queries like joins to perform backend testing.
- Assisted System Architects and Quality Assurance Analysts in creation of various tests.
- Assured that all artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines.
- Assisted in deletion of defects and bugs, in order to meet specific requirements and deadlines for successful execution of the project using Rally.
- Reviewed extensive SQL Queries with complex multi-table joins and nested queries.
- Created Technical Business Rules for the Data Migration Project, which assisted the Project Management team with present and future development goals.
- Conducted Data analysis using SQL on the backend databases for producing mapping documentation and transformation rules for developers.
- Worked as an SME for identifying the scope of End-to-End testing with different teams.
- Coordinated UAT of the product with Business Users.
- Transferred Claim Center and Guidewire platform knowledge to the customer staff and consultants in a mentoring role.
- Served as a liaison between Customer Communication and business partners (Common Services) by building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Responsible for preparing Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and then translating into functional specifications and test plans. Closely coordinated with both business users and developers for arriving at a mutually acceptable solution.
- Involved in one-to-one interview sessions and JAD sessions with stakeholders, SME's and business owners to discuss the scope of the conversion.
- Led and facilitated the requirement gathering sessions with the business partners.
- Used Microsoft Office suit to develop the documents such as Visio for creating wireframes, Word, Excel and PowerPoint for creation of Business Requirement documents.
- Interacted with the SMEs, technical and respective capabilities teams to define the business specifications.
- Partnered with the business architects, sponsors and project managers to understand how development center's business and IT architect bridges with Customer Driven Evolution (CDE) objectives.
- Created the Systems Target Architecture document to get the funding for project from leadership
- Coordination with other analysts to ensure deliverables is completed by conducting weekly stand up meetings.
- Good experience to work with various business areas to understand the requirements and develop detailed specifications that the systems analyst can use to turn needs into delivered functionality.
- Engaged Line of Business (LOB) for collecting accurate information for each communication going through the development center.
- Part of the core team for Customer Centric Business Design (CCBD) for merging and Customer voice with the LOB's priorities
- Performed GAP Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current system and to identify the requirements for the proposed system.
- Analyzed trends and statistical information, develop reports, and provides recommendations for improving workflow efficiencies and effectiveness within assigned area.
- Assisted and maintained vendor relationship for PLAID (Plain Language and Information Design) process ensuring accountability and leadership involvement when required.
- Worked closely with the Lines of Business (LOB) collecting weekly progress, providing solutions and making sure of smooth process.
- Assisted architects to ensure alignment of target architecture to execution work.
- Served as a primary point of contact for the project managers and guiding the development center core team for the project objectives and tackling critical issues.
- Involved in driving the work forward, resolving development center level issues and change controls.
- Created and monitored requirements strategy for the development center and its integration with architecture deliverables.
- Lead cross functional and cross departmental projects and initiatives providing solutions.
- Provided suggestions to management and key stakeholders in defining and identifying key measures and performance targets.
- Communicated information to various partners within the project structure and particular impacts to release work packages.
- Reviewed and authorized all deliverables as determined by program strategy.
- Documented Test Plan and Test cases and performed functional and regression testing to ensure product stability
- Involved in facilitating UAT and getting user signoff to ensure the release.
- Performed SQL query commands for data management and analysis - distinct, update, inner join, left join, right join and where.
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
- Assisted PMO Leadership Team with the coordination and administration of the Project Management Office including but not limited to the following activities: managing and adjusting project timeline, IT development work efforts for standardization of project implementations, administration duties, monitoring deadlines, activity and issue tracking.
- Deep understanding and experience of Investment Management, Asset Management, Prime Brokerage Services, Money and Capital Market Instruments
- Cash management practices were implemented in the project for automated clearing house, sweep accounts, and balance reporting services.
- Working with clients to better understand their needs and present solutions using structured SDLC approach.
- Involved in mentoring specific projects in application of the new SDLC based on the Agile Unified Process, especially from the project management, requirements and architecture perspectives.
- Acquired extensive knowledge of financial products, services & terms during day-to-day tasks, such as - Exchange Traded Derivatives (Futures, Options, Single Stock Equities, Commodities & FX Currency).
- Interaction with clients to understand a broad range of reporting requirements, and validating it with the regulatory requirements for reporting for a Prime Brokerage.
- Interacted with Business Owners, Users, and Stakeholders to identify Business System Needs, evaluated solutions for business problems, and prepared Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Represented the business requirements in various alternative views such as analysis models, process flow diagrams and user stories.
- Prepared Requirement specification document for Cash Management Module with the Client
- Participated in the UAT for Broker/Dealer conversion for integration using Mercury Test Director.
- Worked with SMEs of different groups to gain detailed knowledge of Treasury Services, Commercial Loans, and RSA SecurID Setup to understand the cross impacts of the system.
- Prepared Cash Reconciliation Workflow.
- Conducted Gap Analysis to define the impact of the new requirements on the existing GUI and further prepared Business Impact Analysis Reports.
- Extensively used tools such as Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, UML, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office, MS Access
- Worked on multiple short term projects in between and co-led teams
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate with each other, resolve problems at an early stage.
- Coordinated with the test team to check the Weekly Status and Report it to the Project Manager.
- Responsible for Interacting with the Developers to explain the proposed changes and ensure understanding of the system requirements to handle these changes.
- Generated reports using Crystal Reports.