- I am an accomplished professional in the area of business management & functional analysis.
- In my career, I have gained practical experience and domain knowledge in a variety of industries including: healthcare, finance, lending, real estate, insurance processing & call centers.
- I have served as an individual contributor to a team as well as being an experienced supervisor of up to 12 employees at one time.
- While my education and degree are in business management, I have gained valuable experience as a functional business analyst and liaison to information technology departments.
- I have found that my attention to detail and focus on quality assurance (QA) make me uniquely qualified to represent business interests in the software development process.
- I believe that there is a need for more participation and collaboration between end users, developers & testers.
- I have participated in several areas of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) as an end - user and business analyst (BA).
- I have made significant contributions in system design reviews, requirements gathering, system testing, defect resolution, test automation and user acceptance testing.
- My primary goal is to find an organization that needs a quality-minded business analyst to fill the gap between business and technology.
- My technical experience includes testing and working with databases (SQL & Access) using SQL Server Management Studio.
- I have exposure to testing web-based applications and client-server applications in support of daily business operations such as supply chain management, shipping & receiving, accounts receivable, accounts payable & human resources.
- I have assisted in requirements definition and business process design using QC / ALM in support of business process testing (BPT).
- I have provided my functional expertise in test planning sessions and manual test case design using excel spreadsheets and importing to QC / ALM.
- I have assisted in identifying automation candidates from manual tests and executing test automation using HP UFT (formerly QTP).
- I am knowledgeable in VBA & VBScript. I’m very skilled at automation of MS excel and in developing custom reports and metrics for executive leadership.
- I’m very comfortable reporting to all levels of management.
- Ideally I’m seeking a position as a functional business analyst or as a systems tester in an organization that I can grow with.
Business Analyst / Tester, Dallas, TX
- Analyze business requirements
- Document business processes
- Develop test cases and business process components
- Execute manual and automated tests
- Document test execution results
- Identify and report defects
Processer / Administrative Specialist
Confidential, Frisco, TX
- Worked in a the property preservation department
- Performed accounts receivable and corporate property management tasks
- Created invoices using mail merge from Excel spreadsheets to Word invoices
- Perform data entry in Excel
- Import invoices to and maintain Access database
- Responsible for vendor management and relationships
- Responsible for large scale corporate move planning
- Automated data entry tasks in excel using VBA & VBScript
- Designed custom reports in Excel for executive leadership.
Mailroom Processing / Imaging Supervisor
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Supervised the department tasked with processing the bulk of the company's documents (external & internal communications) as well as generating & sending system generated letters
- Responsible for the supervision and training of 12 document / imaging processors
- Functional business analyst and liaison to the I.T. department. In charge of maintenance and testing of the optical recognition software (OCR) used in-house
- Responsible for training on and maintenance / testing of the Pitney Bowes mail processing hardware used in-house
- Managed vendors an vendor relationships
- Responsible for 33 PO Boxes and mail routing
- Negotiated the purchasing and acquisition of industrial equipment & supplies
- Worked together with the customer service and lender service representative managers to provide excellent service
- Successfully took a problem department and turned it into a reliable and efficient team which worked well together.
- Played an integral part in ensuring the quality of the software and hardware my department relied on.
- Developed a series of custom metrics and automated the gathering of raw data in Excel using to keep my VP informed in areas such as productivity & document velocity & workload.
Internet Sales Manager, Plano, TX
- Sold vehicles at one of the top luxury vehicle dealerships in the country
- Creating value in the company and the people to sell a luxury product
- Maintained near perfect CSI scores and made sure all my customers were happy
- Maintained system of internet based leads
- Worked with resources at the web hosting company to ensure accuracy of inventory
- Automated the collection of inventory data using Excel, linking to various data sources
- Drafted, proofread and edited customer emails/letters
- Developed a set manual an automated tests to verify functionality of the website after weekly releases
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Assisted customers with quotes and specific policy inquiries
- Ensure that complete and accurate records are in each customer’s files and records
- Project management and meeting deadlines for special projects
- Maintained and analyzed databases for monthly reports presented to company President
- Worked with insurance companies and customers for claims, payments and resolving customer issues
- Drafted, proofread and edited documents
Texas Mail Services Manager
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Managed 8 corporate Mail Service locations in the DFW area
- Responsible for 10 employees (1 Supervisor)
- Responsible for all hiring/training of employees
- Managed in a fast paced call center and customer service environment
- Responsible for running, maintaining and streamlining TX Mail Services
- Analyzed data, prepared reports and presented to upper-management
- Drafted/edited departmental booklets and documents
- Responsible for all TX Mail Services corporate purchasing
- Automated the collection and analysis of productivity data using distributed Excel spreadsheets
- Automated the creation of weekly productivity reports, charts and graphs