- To align my professional Business Analysis skills and experience with a progressive Organization wherein the application of my functional and analytical skills renders a significant contribution to the company’s success.
- IT professional with over 8 years of global experience as a Business System Analyst performing Techno - functional roles across various domains like Digital Marketing, E-Commerce and Retail domain in various SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, SAFE 4.0 and a Water-Scrum-Fall hybrid.
- Worked with various stakeholders including business users, designers, developers and QA Analysts regarding Systems and Application development projects, process improvement and streamlining process including Object-Oriented design, requirements gathering and extensive workflow management.
- Possess In-depth knowledge in Order Management System, Point of Sale (POS), Retail Applications, Customer Relationship Management, Ecommerce platforms and digital marketing strategies.
- Expert in performing GAP and Risk analysis, Cost - Benefit analysis and Effort Estimation.
- Planned, Scheduled and Monitored the project along with the Project Manager and strongly experienced in requirement elicitation techniques like Brainstorming, JAD sessions, Job shadowing. etc.,
- Experience in creating a Work Breakdown Structure and Project charter document.
- Created and maintained artifacts such as Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD) and System Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Created and documented Mockup screens, Wireframes and prototypes to visualize Graphical User Interface (GUI) and provide Technical/Functional Specifications using MS Visio and Balsamiq.
- Supported the development team to pursue best practices like - Version Control, better exceptions handling, Unit testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and error/exception logging.
- Worked with SMEs’ to understand Key Performance Indicators (KPIs’) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) to enhance application performance through data exchange between external Web Services.
- Cultivated hands-on experience in Critical mission cloud technology - AWS (Amazon Web Services) and various services provided by Amazon like AWS CloudWatch, AWS Cloud Trial, AWS Cloud Config, AWS Cloud Trusted Advisor, AWS Lambda, AWS Dynamo Database (No SQL Database).
- Skillful at designing and implementing SQL queries using joins (inner joins, outer joins), unions, select within select, order by, group by and aggregate functions to extract data from different data sources.
- Adept in writing and executing Create Read Update Delete (CRUD) operations and complex SQL queries including complex joins, unions, grouping, aggregation, triggers, stored procedures, etc
- Proficient in data modeling with experience in creating Conceptual diagrams and Logical diagrams and UML diagrams such as Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Business Process Models, Use-case diagrams, data-flow diagrams, Workflow Diagrams using MS Visio, Lucid chart and Smart Draw.
- Knowledge of Database concepts including Data Warehousing, Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), Data Marts, OLAP operations: Drill-Down, Roll-Up, Slicing and Dicing and OLTP.
- Proficient in Data Analytics, Integration & Migration, Data Quality, Profiling and Data Mining.
- Experienced in implementing Dimensional Data Modeling, Data Mapping and Extract Transform Load (ETL) process using various ETL tools like Informatica, Oracle data Integrator and MuleSoft.
- Detailed understanding on Data integration, Data Migration, Data table structures, Data Analysis.
- Proficient in writing automated test scripts for testing API using Postman and SoapUI to check if the API’s are returning data in XML and JSON format as defined in the API documentation using Swagger.
- Expert in writing User Stories, TDD, ATDD, BDD User Acceptance Testing and bug management.
- Experience in developing test plans, building Test Conditions and Test Cases, creating test data, analyzing bugs, and interacting with development team members to fix errors.
- Strong testing experience in Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Progression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in both manual and automated testing environments.
- Thorough understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) and experience in creating interactive, analytical dashboards and reports like canned and ADHOC using Tableau and IBM Cognos.
- Adept in team management, conflict management & resolution and stakeholder negotiations.
- Excellent communication skills, fast learner along with an ability to adapt quickly to any domain and environment. Self-motivated, Dependable, Organized, Competent Leadership and Time-management skills.
Atlassian: JIRA (v.6.3,7.0), HP-ALM (v.11.5), VSTS, MS Project (2010,2013,2016), MS SharePoint Server (2010,2013)
Databases / ETL: Teradata, MySQL Server, Oracle, SQL Server Management Studio, Informatica Power Center 8.x/9.xDevelopment IDE, Reporting Tools
Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, R: Studio, Macro Editor, Eclipse, PowerShell, SSAS, Tableau, IBM Cognos, MS office suite.
Testing, Modelling and Web services: HPQC (v.11,12), Selenium (v.3.3,3.4,3.5,3.6), Load Runner (v.11.5,12.02), Cucumber (v.2.0,3.0), Postman (v.3,4,5,6), Manual - Excel, MS Visio, Draw.io, Google Drawings, SOAP, REST, AJAX, XML, JSON, WSDL, WADL, XSD, DOM, Salesforce CRM.
Languages/Frameworks: SQL, HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, Angular JS, PL/SQL, SOAP, REST, AJAX, XML, JSON, WSDL, and XSD x
Confidential, Menomonee Falls, WI
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Maintained monthly online reporting metrics through Google Analytics and applies learnings to suggest and implement improvements for online user experience to benefit external customers .
- Measured and reported performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals like Return on Investment - ROI and Key Performance Indicators - KPI.
- Utilized Facebook and Instagram Ads Manager to develop insights, tracked and analyzed the website and social media traffic and action items intended to increase our revenues month-over-month MoM.
- Performed Feasibility study, declaring AS-IS and TO-BE systems and determine the complexity levels of the system and prioritize the requirements based on these reports along with the project manager.
- Conducted focus group meetings, Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and requirements workshops with stakeholders to acquire requirements and collaborated with SME’s for system pre-analysis.
- Used SharePoint as Content management system for maintaining the high-level documents like Project charter document, Business Requirements and Data mapping documents.
- Consulted the business users and SMEs, aided to create and prioritize Product and Sprint Backlogs
- Modeled high level design of the system through Use Case Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams, activity diagram, business process models using lucid charts with the help of MS Visio.
- Worked closely with the UI team in describing the requirements and to develop mockups and wireframes.
- Extensively used few AWS services like Cloud Config, Cloud Trial and Cloud Trusted Advisor
- Actively monitored all the resources, applications and track metrics using AWS CloudWatch.
- Well versed in writing SQL queries in order to do data manipulation for analysis and reporting.
- Created conceptual and logical data models using Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler.
- Used SQL operations like VIEW, SORT, Filter, LOOKUP and many more.
- Involved in identifying facts and dimensions and created data mapping document . Coordinated with database developer to create dimension modeling and enhanced the data targets with respect to achieved data parameters.
- Used ETL transformations like Joiner, Expression, Connected and Unconnected lookups, Filter, Aggregator, Store Procedure, Rank, Update Strategy, Router and Sequence generator .
- Used Bulk API, SQS Receive Message API, REST API for the applications in the organization’s private cloud.
- Maintained a defect backlog, prioritized it against the backlog items and tracked them down using JIRA.
- Participated in writing test cases, test strategies, test plans, test reports, test scenarios and requirement traceability matrix (RTM) that satisfy the user’s functional, performance and usability requirements.
- Participated in System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, White box and Black box testing and User Acceptance Tests (UAT) using Selenium.
- Developed templates and layouts for reports , dashboards and independently demonstrate solutions and reports to clients and users via tableau.
Environment: Agile-scrum, AWS, Jira 7.0, Informatica Power Center, SharePoint, MS Office Suite, MySQL, REST API, MS Project, DB2, MS Visio, MailChimp, Google Trends, Visual Website Optimizer (VWO), Java/J2EE, Servlets, Controllers.
Ecommerce Business Analyst
- Responsible for defining the scope of the project, gathering business requirements, doing GAP analysis and documents them textually or within models.
- Interacted with the stakeholders by interviewing them, by preparing questionnaire and getting feedback.
- Created Use Case Scenarios and documents work flow and business process.
- Worked closely with the Designing team while creating Wireframes and Mockup Screens
- Designed the Point of Sale related development for Boost mobile retail stores and gathered requirements for this POS software needs for the physical store locations and worked with merchandising and marketing tools such as Content Management, Promotions Engine, Search, and Data Feeds.
- Worked with the marketing team in achieving successful customer journeys for email and website journeys and Coached marketers to understand and adopt an array of digital solutions implemented in the project.
- Maintained the reports of the campaigns executed in various digital marketing channels that include Search Engine marketing and Social Media Marketing also.
- Track, analyze and report key quantitative metrics to understand marketing and program performance.
- Made sure that the technical team followed Plan, Reach, Act, Convert, Engage life-cycle when it comes to the marketing side of the developed website across various channels of Digital Marketing.
- Maintained the reports from the Proximity Marketing and presented them in the review meetings.
- Developed specifications for reporting of ecommerce conversions, engaged visitors, readers, calls of actions, bounce rate, social engagement tracking, email tracking based on Google Analytics
- Developed extensive SQL Queries and Procedures , utilized to perform database integrity testing, ensuring various data table entries, data validity, and data integrity with respect to transactional data.
- Performed logical data modeling and created ER diagrams and used SQL queries for manipulating data.
- Created data models and business process models using Rational Rose. Followed top down leveled technique for building the Business Process Models.
- Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams according to the stakeholder review.
- Analyzed ETL jobs and mappings to document the existing transformation logic and understand the ETL strategies used.
- Involved in identifying facts and dimensions and created data mapping document .
- Organized and Performed UI/GUI Testing, Progression, Regression testing and provided support for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for multiple iterations involving the entire User environment setup.
- Been a part of the test teams in deliverable testing and quality assurance review to ensure that all the business requirements have been satisfied.
- Used BI tools like Tableau for reporting and analyzing most profitable channels in marketing campaigns.
- Built reports on global campaigns and presented to the business users.
Environment: MS Visio, Test Director, MS Project, e-Procurement services, s-FTP file servers, XML messages, Enterprise Resource Planning, WebSphere Commerce, Google Analytics, UML, HTML, MS Office suite, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Quest.
Confidential, Wayne, New Jersey
Business Analyst - Ecommerce
- Taken care of all aspects including requirements gathering, scope definition, resource planning, budget management, risk management and change control.
- Led teams across broad technical, Marketing and business disciplines.
- Served as a key cross-functional team leader in the web development team.
- Advised on strategies to best leverage our brand, content and information via the web.
- Focused teams on business objectives and tracked progress to ensure project milestones were completed on time, on budget and with the desired results.
- Accumulated customer requirements from various JAD sessions and interviews and translated them into system requirements, for the developers respect to the project scope.
- Utilized Requisite Pro for preparing, updating and maintaining the Project artifacts.
- Interacted with business owners to identify business system needs, evaluated solutions for business problems and proposed alternate methods to increase efficiency and provide a feasible solution.
- Developed Use Case diagrams, Activity flow charts and Class / object diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using Rational Rose to explain the business process flow to various stakeholders of the project.
- Developed data flow diagrams, illustrating the flow of data from the legacy systems into the Application database tables.
- Generated ad hoc SQL queries using joins, DB connections and transformation rules to fetch data from SQL server.
- Created Business rules within the business engine for client-side validations, server-side validations, worked closely on Data Modeling and using various linear models, Forecasting, Simulations for iterations, Regression for various variables and their relations with dimensional tables and fact tables within the project.
- Built the design and technical specifications for the ETL process of the project.
- Used Informatica as an ETL tool to create source/target definitions, mappings and sessions to extract, transform and load data into staging tables from various sources.
- Implemented and used SWIFT messaging system to test the flow of messages from and into the new system and was also involved in ETL process.
- Monitored customer activity with Digital Services and developed corrective action plans to address issues/defects.
- Wrote and executed system test plans, test cases and test data for the web-based application.
- Engaged in system testing during User Acceptance Testing (UAT), for different business users and stakeholders.
- Help analyze, troubleshoot, and/or tune the product performance or deployment issues when required.
- Hands on experience on Customizing Reports and Dashboards for business uses using tableau.
Environment: Waterfall, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, SQL, Teradata database, Tableau9.0, Informatica, Google analytics, RUP Clear Quest, HPQC
- Implemented digital strategies including PPC, SEO, and SEM, managing a digital marketing spend to increase site traffic by 15% on average and increase ecommerce sales by 50%.
- Delivered monthly and yearly audit reporting which provided MoM and YoY metrics, trends and provides client with insights needed to make better business and marketing decisions.
- Managed all forms of marketing channels; Email, SEM, SEO, Display, Social, Analytics and creative such as banner ads, landing pages & website design.
- Worked out across several marketing platforms including digital, print, & mobile platforms.
- Defined the scope of the project and created high level BRD with the senior project manager.
- Established a comprehensive brand guide and digital strategy guidelines for all the three given brands.
- Manage all internal communication between teams and team members through status reports, project schedules and holding weekly meetings
- Worked with Project Manager on various Project Management activities like keeping track of Project Status, deadlines, deliverables and Risk management.
- Analyzed client requirements using document and workflow analysis.
- Worked with the UI team in designing and implementing all aspects of the convenience store’s new customer loyalty program, including program terms, traditional and digital marketing assets, generating 10,000+ enrollees in the program’s first six months.
- Created Test cases and helped the team in performing regression tests.
- Created User Acceptance Testing manuals for business users.
Environment: SQL, MS Visio, MS Office, Word, Access, UML, SOAP, Web-services, MS Office, XML
UI Developer/ Business Analyst
- Participated with business analyst to understand the business requirements, generating mockups using Wireframe.cc, etc.
- Developed single page applications using HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, Angular 5, TypeScript.
- Implemented Authentication/Registration module using express-session and cookies with JWT.
- Used Router Module for navigation between various components and used guards for authentication.
- Developed certain features of the application functionality i.e. "CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)" using node.js, express.js as my middleware.
- Worked on Angular modules, components, dependency injection.
- Worked on some of the new features of Angular 5 like new structural directives, ng-templates, form validators, Router.
- Implemented re-usable custom directives and components to avoid code duplication.
- Handled form validations using Reactive Forms by implementing custom validators along with Forms events and display Error messages.
- Followed Agile methodology for developing the application. Participated in events including project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, sprint retrospectives and release planning.
Environment: HTML5, CSS3, TypeScript, jQuery, Angular 5, Bootstrap, Jenkins, XML, GIT, Jenkins, Webpack, Karma
- Freelance project for a start-up company in India to implement hotel management system through an online portal by developing a website to search and book a hotel.
- Hotels can be searched based on the location along with the discounts offered for the season.
- Created the portal using features of Bootstrap along with basic coding in HTML5, CSS and the functionalities were handled using SQL queries.
- Used AngularJS features such as routers and http services to implement various functionalities.
- Utilized NPM to build and test the applications along with Google Chrome Developer tools.
- Various new functionalities such as laundry services, Parking and Breakfast meal choice services were added to the original code.
- Maintained the website and tested for proper functioning of it along with the submission of a detailed report every 2 weeks.
- Helped the testing team with the use-case scenarios and re-coded them when required.