- A Proficient Business / Data Analyst with 5 years of experience in Banking and Financial Services Domain. Excellent knowledge of the various methodologies and phases of the SDLC (Waterfall, RUP, and Agile). Possesses strong experience in capturing / analyzing system, Business Processes, Re - engineering, Object-Oriented Design/ Modeling, Service Oriented Architecture, ETL and Project Management.
- Expert knowledge in with various capital market instruments and securities including Equities, Fixed Income Instruments, Risk Management (Credit and Market Risk), Mutual Funds, Derivatives(OTC market, F&O), Hedge Funds, ETF’s, securitization, Mortgage backed securities, Asset backed securities
- In-depth knowledge of a wide variety of financial instruments including Retail and Commercial Loans, Line of Credits, Credit Card, Auto Finance, Mortgage, Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Mutual Fund, Hedge Fund
- Extensive experience with Trade Activities, front end systems, Trade Life Cycle, Capital Market, Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Credit Risk, Credit Rates, VaR, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Cash Correspondent Banking, Wire Transfer, ACH, Cost/Profit Analyses, Budget and Forecasting
- Strong knowledge with Basel III, COSO compliance, CCAR, Dodd-Frank, fx trading, KYC, AML, FINRA’s rules and regulations. Experience with regulatory reporting requirement related to CCAR- forms FR Y-14/M/Q/A, FRY - 9C, FRY 11& FRY 11s, FFIEC 009 and liquidity reporting. Strong knowledge of internal audit processes and quality compliance testing.
- Excellent understanding of Mortgage Loan Process and GAAP standards, such as Assets, Liabilities, Account Payables, Account Receivables and other General Ledgers.
- Strong knowledge in requirements gathering, Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS),
- Systems Design Specification (SDS), Requirement traceability Matrix (RTM), Use Case Specifications, and testing documents.
- Efficient in creating Traceability Matrix for reviewing and tracking business requirement against test cases
- Adept at performing Gap Analysis by identifying and documenting existing technologies along with enhancements to meet the business objectives
- Strong knowledge in all financial instruments within investment banking and brokerage environments. Experience with front end systems including Fidessa and FlexTrade.
- Proven expertise in Gathering, Analyzing, and Documenting business requirements
- Proficient in UML - Use case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Class Diagrams
- Knowledge of working with various databases such as Oracle DB, MS Sql Server, My SQL etc.
- Have extensive experience in Functional, Regression, System Integration (SIT), User Acceptance (UAT), load/performance, security and browser compatibility testing
- Experience in writing Test plans and Test Cases
- Expertise in Data analysis, Data modeling for transactional as well as Data Warehousing (Dimension Modeling) and ETL Mapping Document.
- Strong working experience in Data Modeling in creating Star & Snowflake Schemas, Fact and Dimensions Tables, Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Modeling by using Erwin
- Facilitated and participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for requirements gathering, resolving open issues and change requests
- Self-starter with motivation and ability to work independently with ability to handle diverse tasks simultaneously and adapt to tight deadlines.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Business Initiatives Consultant
- The change coordination role through RMII documentation Maintenance (RDM) under Confidential COSO compliance & governance and oversight (G&O) framework involved reaching out to stakeholders to ensure that the current change requests are in a path to production post impact analysis.
- Executed the review documentation of end-2-end data/processes for RMII BAU in-scope Risk and Regulatory reports. Facilitated detailed alignment of financial product data elements to reporting logic. Created high level process flow maps using Visio.
- Leveraged COSO principles, data management standards, and other skills to ensure compliance with G&O Framework, COSO, and EDG requirement/policies.
- My role involved reviewing impact analysis to ensure that all the necessary artifacts are reported.
- Attended weekly change coordination meetings and liaised with RMII documentation teams to keep account of the change requests due per quarter.
- Partnered with support groups (Governance & Oversight, Data Management, Analytics, Change Management, and Technical Interpretations) to improve the overall control environment.
- Reached out to the reporting teams to ensure that they take ownership of change requests where multiple regulatory /risk reports have been impacted. Used Collibra for report deconstruction.
- Reviewed the quarterly Report owner’s deck and reaching out to RMII report documentation teams about the change request's missing from the quarterly deck. The rationale behind this was to ensure that the RMII documentation teams are aware of the change requests which weren't reported on the deck.
- Performed Name / Role changes for all the outstanding quarterly change requests. This responsibility was added as the scope increased. I made changes to the Enterprise Document Template (EDT’s) and ensured that they are ready for the quality control process.
- Reviewed name changes with stakeholders from documentation teams to ensure that the enterprise document template (EDT’s) are ready prior to quality control submission.
- Created a name change tracker to ensure that all change requests are addressed.
- Name change process was expedited & improved by RMII Documentation maintenance team after the knowledge transfer sessions with the reporting teams.
- Impact analysis involved assessing the change request & performing research i.e. reporting artifacts based on the nature of the change. It also involved reaching out to the change requester for more information. The requested information was notated within the additional notes section.
- Researched Tableau BAU dashboard & queried on MS SQL server to compile Data Extracts for artifact/EDT reporting per change request.
- Ensured that the sub-tasks pertaining to the change requests are updated on share point.
Tools & Technologies: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft SharePoint, SQL server, Collibra, Tableau
Confidential, Morrisville, NC
- The Confidential RRQA program performs an independent audit for Regulatory report both from the IHC and Branch side. The reports to be analyzed are assigned at the beginning of every quarter.
- Performed day to day oversight and management of the global team and RRQA agenda which includes providing guidance and technical input on independent process validations being performed
- Interfaced with key/senior stakeholders, governing bodies and business partners to discuss the status of the validation work, results of test work, and quarterly reporting.
- Participated in internal and regulatory exams and lead responses to requests and findings. The RRQA findings help reporting teams prepare for audit by the Federal Reserve officials.
- Partnered with fellow validation teams such as the SOX Testing Team, Model Risk Management and Risk Process Validation teams to drive and support a unified validation program.
- Continually monitored Internal Audit and regulatory expectations and changes to reassess and enhance the Independent Process Validation framework.
- Performed Quality Analyst Reviews (QAR’s) involving deep dive and framework functions. Deep dives included data analytics and transaction testing. Framework QAR’s involved verifying COSO compliance of reporting teams to the Group Policy guidelines. This involved screening of project management reviews on GRS MARCS platform, reporting of signoff processes, reviewing the reporting process, identifying and suggesting reforms to enforce quality standards and submitting the final report to the CFO’s office.
- Organized meetings with the reporting teams. Analyzed reporting documents and performed data analysis for FFIEC 2052 a, FRY 11 & FRY 11s, FRY 9c (HC-D only), FFIEC 009 (Country exposure report).
- For transaction testing for a select number of transactions post data analysis - Reached out to the Front office for trade originating source documentation to validate reporting records. Details for the transaction testing were received from the front office.
- Monitored data quality by comparing reporting values to Federal Reserve instructions. Interpretations for certain instructions were also found in the respective BRD’s.
- Created a report summary and assigned risk metrics. Summary Report was submitted to the CFO’s office and published at end of every quarter.
- The results summary document also proposed solutions to existing issues.
- Meticulously addressed every detail to ensure a successful end-to-end business process.
Tools & Technologies: Axiom, MS Excel, Oracle DB, MS SharePoint, HP Quality Center, UML, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio).
Confidential, Boston, MA
Business Data Analyst
- Analyzed complex data flow from front office systems to finance systems to identify gaps and trades to understand incorrect/inconsistent valuation and accounting
- Interacted with Sales, Middle Office, Risk Management, Product Control, Finance, Underwriting, Operation and other stakeholders to gather business requirements and create enterprise level flows, system architecture, trade flows and timelines
- Acted as a liaison between Risk Managers and Analysts, data warehouse technical group, source system technical support and downstream business users of the data to assure compliance with project requirements
- Performed detailed analysis of CCAR FR-Y 14M/Q/ for wholesale, trading, counterparty and PPNR Schedules to understand the reporting requirements.
- Documented a manual reconciliation framework for CCAR (FR Y-14A/Q/M), FR Y-9C and GL.
- Performed data validation to confirm accuracy and correctness of data in excel before being sending for reporting templates.
- Performed data reconciliation to verify and reconcile data across different reports.
- Analyzed reporting requirements and available data attributes, coordinate for requisite data gaps.
- Analyzed and documented business requirement for Risk aggregation tool to enable business users, analysts, risk managers to upload and share data in the team.
- Investigated and performed elements mapping for Genesis, Credit Risk, CCAR with OPTIMA Basel data warehouse.
- Participated in various CCAR workgroups and steering committee meetings.
- Assisted with management of reports, issues, risks on projects, with timely issue escalations and suggestions for issue resolutions.
- Proactively worked with Fixed Income and Derivatives transactions
- Monitored Data Quality by developing KPI’s, scorecards and benchmarking
- Gathered requirements through users interviews, teleconferences, document analyses, use case analyses and UML diagrams for BRD and FRD creation and ran JAD sessions.
- Conducted Daily Standup meetings to ensure that proposed changes went through the system as well as the project team produced solutions that meet established standards, procedures, practices, risks and mitigation plans
- Led Sprint Planning Sprint Estimation (SPSE) sessions, Sprint Retrospectives and Reviews, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Worked extensively with offshore development teams and tracked their progress through various tollgates over the life of the project
- Ensured the quality of data loaded into the database system by utilizing SQL and completed Data Mapping for the Wealth Management segment to facilitate the conversion of client assets
- Coordinated new Basel team and worked with the team very closely
- Worked with upstream/downstream data consumers, developer leads, QAs and PMs to monitor test plans, test cases, test sets, UAT, post-implementation checks and future enhancements
- Assessed overnight releases and worked alongside release managers
- Exceeded the project goals and decreased the beta release time by 4 weeks
- Tracked post-deployment progress and proposed resolutions to existing issues
- Meticulously addressed every detail to ensure a successful end-to-end business process
Tools & Technologies: Rally, HTML, XML, FpML, Azure,Axiom HP Quality Center, AdobeLiveCycleSuite7.0, SAP Query Builder, UML, Informatica, Cognos, MS Project, SQL, PL/SQL, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio)
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Executed a gap analysis (comparison of existing functional frameworks with the recently expanded regulatory requirements). Was involved in implementation of Actimize SAM implementaion with Experience with Anti-money Laundering product Actimize SAM 8.0 .
- Organized kick off meetings with the Designers and Digital Content groups to prepare scope of the project and the Business Requirements Package plan
- Created an AML risk threat analysis
- Developed an overall target architecture in accordance with group compliance guidelines
- Subject Matter Expert of Anti-money laundering concepts such as Suspicious Activity Monitoring (SAM), Security Blanket, Suspicious Activity Report (SAR), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Know your customer (KYC), Watch List Filtering (WLF), Currency Transaction Reports (CTR), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act.
- Concept development, realization and implementation of a Customer Due Diligence-System
- Development of specific ‘Know Your Customer’ templates (geared towards generic customers and specific customer groups e.g. PEPs, Beneficial Owner)
- Worked with Actimize team and Fraud Operations team to collect and identify data related to suspicious activities
- Identified/disposed of higher risk customers and maintained the list of the Deposits of High Risk Customer within Actimize
- Created and publicized of guidelines / policies (including a set of risk oriented measures for customer due diligence processes)
- Gathered requirements through users interviews, teleconferences, document analyses, use case analyses and UML diagrams for BRD and user stories creation
- Conducted JAD sessions, daily scrum meetings and produced deliverables for Fraud/AML/Compliance/Privacy/Risk Reporting
- Collaborated closely with other Financial Institutions to monitor customer transaction histories
- Performed code reviews with team members to improve quality of deliverable and organized technical training for the team members to share knowledge involving various Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Worked with the Design group to prepare wireframes for various business scenarios
- Created SQL queries for Report Mapping, Report Layout and Data Flow Diagrams
- Utilized Quality Center (QC) for requirement management, test planning, scheduling, test execution, log and track defects
- Prepared Test Data Spread Sheets (TDS) by extensively utilizing the enterprise taxonomy following logical order for the Interwoven to check the content
- Exceeded the project goals and decreased the beta release time by 6 weeks
- Meticulously addressed every detail to ensure a successful end-to-end business process
- Managed and executed customer due diligence processes for new / existing clients and training
Tools & Technologies: AML - Actimize, Rally, Java, Windows 7, XML, Microsoft SQL, PL/SQL, HP Quality Center, UML, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio)
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Performed the Requirement Analysis and documented the requirements using Requisite Pro.
- Gained consensus for business requirements being fully met.
- Created Business Requirement document and Functional Requirement document using MS Visio and Word.
- Conducted research on incoming user requirements/modifications and suggested improvements for the second release of the application.
- Closely interacted with designers and software developers to understand application functionality, navigational flow and updated them about end-user sentiments.
- Performed Risk Analysis of the requirements to identify key business risk areas for project and prioritized application development and testing.
- Produced the visual models for the system using Rational Rose to create Use Cases, State Charts, Sequence Diagrams, and Activity Diagrams.
- Participated in Data Analysis and design with the Data Analyst in defining data sources and required data content for the data warehouse component.
- Proactively identified opportunities and made recommendations to improve the system’s effectiveness via data mining and analysis to understand user interactions with system and to scope out opportunities to enhance user engagement and satisfaction.
- Facilitated weekly meetings with the review teams to continuously improve the QA process.
- Conducted walkthroughs with the end-users and stakeholders to gather the modification requests from the user to upgrade or change the business specifications for the product.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business process, business rules, information needs and insured that critical requirements are not missed.
- Analyzed system requirements, developed detailed Test Plan, Test Cases and test scripts for testing the functionality, GUI and security.
- Interacted closely with UAT Team to know their needs and problems.
- Helped in designing and implementing deployment process, and maintaining the application in post deployment process.
Tools & Technologies: Java, Windows 7, XML, Visio Microsoft SQL, PL/SQL, HP Quality Center, UML, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio)
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
Jr Business Analyst
- Worked with the trading and financial analysis team to understand the business requirements using JAD sessions and needed to in corporate the features they wanted working in the system
- Carried out an “As is” and To Be” analysis and documentation on the Bank’s current Information and Investment Management System
- Gathered user and business/regulatory requirements through interviews, surveys, and observing from portfolio managers and UI (User Interface)
- Worked with the different business units (Investment Banking, Fixed Income, Equities, Foreign Exchange, Clearing & Execution) within the bank to understand the current business flow
- Reviewed trade confirmations for OTC derivatives trades, including rates, credit, equity, commodity and FX derivatives
- Created SQL queries for reporting following Volcker Rule as a part of Dodd-Frank
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of new rates clearing eligible products
- Helped in client and sales support, and overall support of trade flow to vendor and in-house systems
- Examined Order Management System (OMS) to ensure compliances with upgrade requirements, and generated documents for the workflow of exiting system and desired system that involve Cash Analysis, Portfolio Analysis, Order Initiation, Order Execution, Trade Clearing, and Booking, and performed gap analysis
- Prepared data mapping documents to support ETL process and involved in building data models to construct staging warehouse for reporting purposes
- Maintained Traceability Matrix for the current business processes and proposed changes
- Assisted Project Manager in managing project progress, estimating delivery schedule and supporting implementation and application using MS Project
- Developed test plans with QA team and helped to develop test scenarios according to different report needs for system testing and performance testing
- Reviewed test cases, maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure appropriate documentation is in place
- Conducted UAT, documented and reported user feedbacks to management team, and created user manuals included the explanation of different reports and how to execute
Tools & Technologies: RUP, UML, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, Windows 7, Java, SQL, HTML, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project