- Around 9 years of experience as Business Data Analyst/Tableau developer with Extensive experience in stages of SDLC, Database management and Data visualization and Strong exposure to Securities Trading in Capital Markets and CRM
- Experience in working for Agile projects and participated in Sprint Backlogs, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum and Sprint Review
- Expertise in Software Development Life cycle (SDLC), Project Life cycle, Business Process Modeling (BPM), Software Development Methodologies including Waterfall, Spiral, and Agile with SCRUM process .
- Experience in business process analysis/modeling, business requirements gathering, database design and development of Web Based, and Client/Server applications.
- Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Power BI, Qlik, Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Visio, MicroStrategy.
- Expertise in developing interactive dashboards using Tableau 10.x/9.x (Desktop/Server) using data from multiple sources like Oracle, SQL Server, MS Excel
- Proficient in developing interactive Tableau reports and Dashboards using various visualizations like Chart - Box, Heat Maps, Tree Maps, Bubble Charts, Line diagrams, Bar Graphs, Geographic Visualizations
- Strong exposure to Data Warehouse Management and Stored procedures and Experience working with SQL, SHELL, PYTHON, R, XML, HTML
- Knowledge in the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) of data into a data warehouse and maintaining and modifying existing ETL
- Good exposure to the Data mining tools like SPSS modeler and building Data models using KNN, clustering, Decision trees, Linear model
- Experience with Tableau server for granting access permissions for specific purpose to the required teams and Scheduling timely extracts for dashboards using Tableau server
- Experience in using GitLab for Continuous Integration and deployment
- Experience with Workflows and UML diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams
- Proficient in creating and reviewing Quality assurance (QA), User acceptance testing (UAT) plans
- Experience in Gap Analysis, requirement management, risk analysis and project plans.
- Experience in formulating test approaches based on Functional testing, Performance testing, Load testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, GUI Testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Extensive knowledge of Agile Scrum, Waterfall, and Rational Unified Process (RUP) Methodologies
- Extensive experience with Capital Market, Equities, Derivatives, ETF, Mutual funds, Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Credit Risk, Market Risk
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with business customers, and technical teams and individually with less monitoring
Database Operations: SQL, MYSQL, NZSQL, Oracle, MS Access
Programming Languages: SHELL, PYTHON,R,XML,HTML
User Interface Design Tools: MS Visio
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, RUP
Project Management Tools: MS Project, MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Data Visualization Tools: Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, SPSS Modeler
Data Mining Models: Clustering, NLP, KNN, Linear, Decision Trees, Regression
Business Data Analyst/Tableau Developer
- Involved in execution and delivery of software development projects, and maintain responsibility for documenting business and functional requirements
- Identify and implement system configuration and scripting changes and proactively identify issues or contingency plans and ensure that the project team is in alignment with business objectives.
- Analyzed requirements into user stories by detailing in the functional and non-functional requirements based on interactions with the Product Managers and SME’s who gave the customer’s real-time feedback about the Financial Products Like Bonds, Equity, Mutual funds to evaluate risk exposure.
- Created and prioritized the Back Log, coordinated Planning Sessions and maintained User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Extensive experience in using Tableau for analyzing data sources from Excel/MySql, Oracle, SQL server
- Created views/reports in Tableau Desktop that were published for Data analysis on weekly, monthly, daily basis and were published to the server
- Created Ad-hoc charts like donut charts, Funnel charts, waterfall charts suiting the analytical models used for the Dashboard and modified existing Tableau workbook stories and added Action filters
- Modified existing tableau reports that are in place and collaborate with business to integrate new data points to streamline workflow and company processes
- Performed Data cleaning and normalization along with profiling to ensure Data Quality
- Gave permissions to specified Business users to access the Report using Tableau server
- Designed and Developed reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Experience in creating various visualizations such as Scatterplots, box plots, Maps, dual axis charts, pie chart, trend lines
- Participated in Requirement analysis and Knowledge extraction on Investment banking through audio/video conferencing and JAD sessions
- Coordinated Phased Data Migration process to handle large and complex volumes of data and address dashboard reporting capabilities.
- For Data analytics, created performance matrix to evaluate the feedback from dashboard and calculate the accuracy rate and number of false positives
- Supervised and worked closely with data coordinators, and other team members to provide technical support and end user training on the developed applications.
- Assist in creating and reviewing Quality assurance (QA), User acceptance testing (UAT) plans, as well as Test cases
- Facilitated requirements discussions with business and technology partners, and assisted the quality assurance department in their test efforts by clarifying requirements and addressing issues as detected.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, MySQL, Tableau Prep, Tableau 10.x/2018.x, Tableau Server, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word, MS VISIO, JIRA, SCRUM, SPRINT
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Tableau Developer/ Business Data Analyst
- Worked with the team to facilitate scrum meetings such as Sprint Planning meeting, Daily Scrum meeting, Sprint Review meetings
- Created Reports and Charts using Data visualization tools like Tableau and Power BI
- Created Business requirement documents and plans for creating dashboards by designing and developing Tableau visualization solutions
- Developed Tableau reports and effectively used data blending feature in the tableau desktop and Generated Interactive Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters, and Actions to handle views more efficiently
- Created different visualizations using Bars, Lines, Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, and Highlight tables and Developed various ad-hoc dashboards dealing with huge volume of Data
- Granting access permission using DML, DCL, DDL and Added Cron Jobs to automate the daily runs of shell scripts at a particular time in a day
- Modified existing ETL to facilitate data migration using Shell scripts and Python codes
- Interpret data from primary and secondary sources and provide ongoing reports.
- Setting Git-runner for continuous integration and made required changes in yml files
- Assisted Scrum Master and participated in Daily Scrum to summarize what has been done, plan what needs to be done and to recognize the impediments
- Worked on data models like Decision trees and Clustering and represented using Mapping techniques on Tableau desktop.
- Extensive use of joins, blending, custom SQL, hierarchies, action filters, extract filters, data source filters, parameters, table calculations, LOD expressions, sets, groups, bins in Tableau Desktop
- Using Tableau Server, granted access permissions for the workbooks and Scheduled data updates for the Tableau Dashboards
- Assisted system testers in QA activities like designing, creating and reviewing the test scripts and test cases.
- Collaborated with the Project teams in Post Production Validation (PPV), production call support and handled issues appropriately.
Environment: Tableau Desktop/Server 10.1, 10.3,10.5, MySQL, SQL Server, Scrum, Shell, Python, xml, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Tableau Developer/Business Data Analyst
- Worked extensively with MS Excel and SQL server, MySql, tableau Desktop, Tableau Server
- Maintained the quality of data analysis, researched output and reporting, and ensured that all deliverables met specified requirements
- Created and developed new stored procedures using SQL queries and managed Data warehouse
- Performed Data exploration and applied methods of average, mean, median, mode for cleaning data and treating the outliers
- For Data Analytics, developed stream of data model in SPSS and calculated the accuracy and error rate
- Created Data models using KNN, Clustering, Decision Trees, Linear Models for statistical analysis
- Created Heat Map showing current subscribers by color that was broken into regions and cities allowing business user to understand where we have most users vs. least users
- Provided assistance on giving access permissions for the viewer and editor using Tableau server and Scheduling auto data updates for dashboards using Tableau server
- Assisted in creating Project Plan, ERD, Flow charts, Designed Requirements Planning and Change Management document
- Created Functional Requirement Specification documents - that include UML Use case diagrams, activity diagrams and data modeling using Visio
- Collaborated with the Product owner and Scrum Master in facilitating the Scrum specific ceremonies including Sprit Planning, Sprint Review
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions
- Performed analysis on enterprise data integration & provided functional specification to development team to generate specific reports
Environment: Waterfall - Agile (Scrum), MS Office, Oracle, UML, SWOT analysis, Visio, SQL, Unix, Tableau, Power BI
- Performed Business data gathering and report generation for stock market and trading using Tableau.
- Gathered user and business requirements through surveys, prototyping from key stakeholders, Clients and subject matter experts to define the scope and requirements of online banking system.
- Resolving Service request and Critical request raised for any technical issues in placing buy/sell orders
- Performed Document Analysis, Brainstorming and JAD Sessions to gather the requirements.
- Highly proficient in preparing Business and System Use Cases and supporting all the documents with UML diagrams using UML modeling tools such as MS Visio.
- Collaborated with Product teams for Web portal for placing Trade orders for Equity, Derivatives, Options, I nitial public offering IPO, Follow-on public offer ( FPO ), SIP, ETF (Exchange traded funds), Bonds, mutual funds
- Developed plans for verification and validation of requirements at all levels so that developed software successfully fulfilled user expectations and business needs.
- Generating reports for Forecasting and Trend Analysis and provide data driven recommendations.
- Experience in Portfolio analysis and risk management by creating the performance matrix
- Developing test plans for ensuring delivery of quality dashboard or reports
- Generating reports and Power point presentation for new financial products
- Providing technical solutions to ensure the controls are well understood and incorporated for Data Analytics
- Using Decision support system for Translating data into meaningful information that can be used by operational management to make decisions
Environment: MS excel, Sql Server, Visio, SPSS modeler, Tableau Desktop 10.x, Tableau server
Privilege Banking Analyst
- Extensive experience with Capital Market, Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Credit Risk, Market Risk
- Performed research and analysis across multiple for capital market products like equities and fixed income securities to identify attributes that should be incorporated in the portfolio reports
- Provided online web facilities like Fund Transfer, Fixed deposits, Loans, Credit cards, Insurance, Mutual funds
- Implemented project using the Agile Methodology based on iterative and incremental development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration with cross-functional teams and produce artifacts in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Phases.
- Discussed with SMEs across different businesses units to gain solid knowledge of the existing Credit Risk Calculation System and assisted in preparing a Quantitative Risk Assessment and ROI Management.
- High Level of Expertise in the Financial Industry and expertise in Capital markets with extensive experience in Equities, Fixed Income Instruments, Derivatives (Future, Option, Swap, Forwards), and Hedge Fund, ETF, Mutual Fund
- Extensive experience with Capital Market, Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Credit Risk, Market Risk
- Provided HNI clients with website portal service for KYC, Tax filing, Loan, Online trading and other data updates
- Extensive experience in developing Functional Requirements Document (FRD) and Business Requirements Document (BRD)
- Involved in CRM software integration for Business Data and Collaborated with Axis direct team in creating online website for 3-in-1 account opening, mutual funds and Insurance schemes
Environment: Finacle software, MS office, Agile