- Experience includes Scrum based iterative incremental development showing increasing business value every Sprint.
- Equipped with strong experience in overcoming organizational challenges of transitioning to Agile methodology from traditional project management and development.
- Exemplified ability to grasp new things quickly, as demonstrated by seamless transitions made between several technologies, tools, and libraries both in development and project management roles.
- Strong team player with interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across organizational levels.
- Experienced in techniques such as SPRINT planning, Product Backlog management, Agile estimation, daily Scrum, metrics such as Burn - down & Velocity charts, Sprint summary report, Sprint review/retro meetings etc.
- Implemented Agile deployments leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) and Lifecycle Management (ALM) toolset.
- Comprehensive experience in Root-cause analysis, SWOT analysis, Feasibility studies, Gap analysis, Impact analysis, Risk analysis.
- Ability to manage (Multiple) project tasks with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Able to work in a team oriented environment using qualitative and quantitative skills to develop, implement, and integrate strategies.
- Servant Leader and self-starter with excellent communication, coordination, documentation, project planning and interpersonal skills.
- Promoted the Agile process within the companies, to include responsibility for expanding the understanding and practice of agile principles throughout the entire organization
Methodologies: Agile-Scrum/ Kanban Frameworks, XP, RUP- Rational Unified Process, SDLC, Waterfall.
Agile project: JIRA, Version one, Agile craft, Rally, MS Team Foundation Server
Business modeling: Rational Rose, Clear Quest, Rational RequisitePro, UML Tools, MS-Visio.
Agile Coach/Scrum Master
- As an Agile/Scrum master, lead the transformation of business/IT teams from traditional waterfall model to more business focused Scrum environment.
- Coaching and mentoring highly collaborative project teams that ae geographically distributed in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Propelled transition of organization from a linear IT SDLC to an Agile Scrum environment. Defined and championed Agile Vision, Methodology, Practices, and Tooling.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning personnel, selecting technologies and methodologies, and overseeing complex projects from conception though postcompletion analysis.
- Provided AGILE project management controls, project plans, timeline schedules, facilitated RAD sessions, and reviewed software defects.
- Assisted with the implementation of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) to run the program.
- Worked with AgileCraft to improve the tool for Agile/Scrum/SAFe Teams, Business and Management.
- Formulated and defined the Project Management process (Software development plan, Iteration Plans, Risk Management Plan, Problem Resolution Plan, Measurement Plan, Quality Assurance plan, Configuration & change Management Plan etc.) for the organization as per RUP.
- Provided resource planning within the budget constraints, along with quality and risk management.
- Authored SCRUM and SAFe Implementation Presentation Decks.
- Coached and mentored individuals and teams on effective execution of Agile Scrum methodology. Built, refined, and facilitated training and workshops including: Agile Principles and Practices; Scrum Master Training; effective Story Writing; and Agile Estimation and Planning.
- Managed project and inter-project resource plans; maintained project budget. Tackled team challenges, conflict, and issues that were adding waste and slowing down the delivery of value to customer using Scrum and SAFe.
- Spear headed functional and budget meetings with directors and vice presidents across various teams to discuss the budget and cost benefit analysis impact for the project.
- Managed software development iterations in the capacity of Iteration Manager and scrum master for a team. Tracked Project budget and generated Project budget forecasts.
- Organized and facilitated Agile and Scrum meetings, which included Sprint Planning, Stand-ups, Sprint Check-In, Sprint Review and Retrospective and Sprint report generation.
Sr Scrum Master
- Facilitated workshops to bring business and technology teams together to jointly define business problems, envision solutions, produce system requirements, and develop release plans.
- Worked directly with the Teams and other Coaches and Enterprise Scrum Masters to deliver training, coaching, and written documentation on Agile Practices, Tools, and Techniques to support the goal to produce the highest quality software and the most efficient development teams possible.
- Developed release plan and coordinated with development teams to conduct scrums for new development and enhancement of Expense Reimbursement System.
- Coordinated with the client product owner in defining and tracking deliverables. Actively managed sprint requirement and grooming of sprint stories.
- Organized and facilitated release planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, and sprint planning, demos and other Scrum related meetings.
- Ensured the development teams were practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Identified and removed impediments, prevented distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal.
- Tracked project issues, risks and facilitated their resolution, including scope change, resource change, timeline, and any other major issues which needed to be escalated.
- Fielded questions regarding project status, dates, and task assignments - specifically for those not directly involved with the project.
- Facilitated discussion and conflict resolution; empowered the teams to self-organize and improved the productivity of the teams in any way possible.
- Ensured transparency of the process, showing work remaining such as tracking user story completion, sprint burndown and other relevant artifacts.
- Worked closely with Development, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Product Managers, Quality Engineering and other groups as necessary, to ensure overall product milestones are met and facilitated cross-team communication & collaboration.
- Promoted knowledge and application of agile engineering practices and work with the team to improve practices and tools so each increment of functionality is potentially shippable.
- Tracking Performance Indicators/Metrics and addressing any issues as they arise. These metrics include Velocity, Burndown charts, Release progress, etc.
- Identifying the key Stakeholders and the business users of the application.
- Elicited requirements through brainstorming sessions and identified primary actors, their roles and functions.
- Identified, elevated, monitored and mitigated project risks and dependencies.
- Documented business requirements and conducted BRD analysis. Applied UML methodology in MS Visio to elaborate functional requirements like, use case analysis, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams to define work flow of the project to the IT developers.
- Interviewed all user areas to elicit their requirements for the new system based on the business needs to be fulfilled. Involved in creating Functional Specification Documents (FSD). Maintained different versions of the system documentation.
- Helped creating business process flow diagrams.
- Involved in project management, developing project plans, setting project schedules and milestones, scheduling tasks and activities.
- Played a key role in the planning User Accepted Testing and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Supported testing team with test plans, test cases, system testing, and user acceptance tests UAT.
- Managed technical documents, user manuals, and training materials.
- Supported the program manager for multiple simultaneous projects with various tasks such as on-boarding process, program knowledge management, and tracking of schedules and deliverables.
- Interact with business owners and client to identify business requirement document, system required document and use case documents.
- Managed project vision, strategy, prioritization and scope between development teams and business to ensure projects met business goals and objectives
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business, operations, and technical groups throughout the project cycle.
- Performed Gap analysis to identify deficiency of the current system and to identify the requirements for the change in the propose system.
- Communicated and interacted on a regular basis with business and development team during the different stages of the project.
- Assisted the PM in setting realistic project expectations and evaluating impact of changes to project plans.
- Developed crucial functional requirement specifications, creating detailed use cases and process flow diagrams to support functional specifications.
- Conducted meticulous GAP analysis while successfully reengineering key business processes to increase operational efficiency and alignment of business unit objectives
- Prepared extensive cost - benefit analysis to support system and process changes.