- A Techno - functional Business Analyst, Scrum Master over 8+ years of IT Industry experience in business requirement gathering and analysis, business process re-engineering, object-oriented design and modelling and also project management system.
- Experienced professional across the domains like- Banking, Insurance & E- Commerce and with an intent to not limiting exposure to specific domain.
- Excellent in business process modelling notation and workflow modelling tools.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC), rational unified process and agile- scrum methodology and testing life cycle.
- Expert in writing functional and non functional requirements.
- Besides technical capabilities have regular interaction with client managers, self-motivated and quick learner with excellent communication skills and presentation skills; versatile in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in creating use case diagrams, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, collaboration diagram, state transition diagram, activity diagrams using UML methodology of MS Visio.
- Experienced in developing electronic trading system, web based portfolio management system, wealth management and financial software applications.
- Experienced in performing GAP analysis by identifying existing technologies and documenting and enhancing to meet end state requirement.
- Experience in analysis, design, development, testing, support, preparing High level design documents, preparing low level design documents and implementation of various projects in software applications Experienced with fixed income products like treasury (bonds, notes and bill), Mortgage backed securities (MBS), municipal bonds, corporate bonds, junk bonds and convertible bonds.
- Provide e-Commerce functionality expertise during project planning, development and production-support
- Excellent experience in change control process and maintaining requirements traceability.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and T-SQL to access database like MS SQL Server.
- Experience of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tools for data analysis and data warehousing.
- Strong working knowledge of Data Modelling, Data Mapping, Data Validation and Business Objects .
- Strong data collection, analysis and interpretation skills.
- Worked on Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace and verify if all requirements are met.
- Extensively used SQL server integration services to load data from flat files to SQL server, SQL Servers to flat files, excel files.
- Performed data migration using extraction, transforming and loading to the database archives.
- Extensive experience in creating business requirement document (BRD) and functional requirements document (FRD).
- Experience in interacting with Front-Office users and analyzing business processes and documenting current business challenges to accurately define business requirements and translate into functional specifications for proposed solutions.
- Experienced in performing GAP analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis, Risk analysis.
- Experience in creating and maintaining the requirement traceability matrix (RTM) conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, project meetings, reviews and walkthroughs and customer interviews.
- Expertise in developing testing documents - test strategies, test plans, test design specifications, test case specification and test procedures.
- Experienced in preparing and developing the User Acceptance Test UAT) plan and obtaining the necessary signoffs from the concerned business units.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills together with the ability to learn new concepts.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Spiral, RUP, Agile (Scrum, SAFe), Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid
Languages: SQL, UML, XML, JSON
Databases: MS-Access, SQL Server 2005 & 2008, MYSQL
ALM Tools: JIRA, Rally, MS Project, SharePoint
Testing Tools: Cucumber, Load Runner, Selenium, UFT, Postman, Swagger, Test Director, QTP
Management and Modeling tools: Rational Clear Quest, Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, MS Visio
Operating System: MS Windows (XP, VISTA, 7)and UNIX
Data Analytics: IBM SPSS Modeler, SPSS Statistics
Reporting Tools: Tableau, PowerBI, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
Data Warehousing: Data Modeling, Data Mapping, Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Data Mining, Slicing/Dicing, Roll Up/Drill Down, Pivot
Senior Business Analyst/ Scrum Master
Confidential, New York City
- Performed requirement gathering for Incremental reporting for Asia Pacific (APAC) business region by actively soliciting, analysing requirements and prepared the requirements specification document for the Securities Principal Data Mart application to facilitate the business expansion. Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC Methodology
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD's) after the collection of Functional Requirements from System Users that provided appropriate scope of work to develop prototype, Use Cases, UML diagrams for overall system that provided scope of work for technical team.
- Gathered requirement for consolidation of Transactions and Positions loads data of Asia Pacific business region
- Created data mapping documents, data transformation rules and maintaining data dictionary, data-migration, data mining and interface requirements documents
- Demonstrated skills in critically conducting the GAP Analysis throughout the projects in evaluating/ analyzing the existing standards and policies to determine the improvements
- Prepared, deployed and automated marketing performance reports.
- Managed ad hoc data requests from marketing and other key stakeholders in Commercial Lending,
- Maintain database of regulatory enquiries, due diligence conducted for internal reporting
- Assist / participate in regulatory inspections, industry consultations and other ad hoc regulatory projects
- Analysis of existing operations and makes recommendations for the improvement and growth of the Data Centre Infrastructure
- Performed data analysis to derive data access, data extraction and data delivery rules.
- Worked on strategies to meet the Service Level Agreement signed with the clients to deliver the reports in the stipulated time frame
- Works with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Designed and created new set of daily and monthly reports for Securities Finance Tax, Portfolio Management, Investments, Fixed Income Products, Asset Management, Capital Market and Compliance group for the internal business users experience in strategic consulting or process improvement roles or comparable business analyst role
- Deliver process improvement savings by applying Lean and/or Six Sigma concepts and methodologies to analyze, identify, and propose alternative solutions to streamline processes and enhance controls
- Estimate, track and report process improvement savings and benefits. Prepare materials and present progress and accomplishments to senior management.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for communicating & managing expectations and to discuss various means for integrations with current system using an adoption through execution strategy and to collaborated resource allocation and project completion.
- Developed information cycle diagrams, data flow diagrams, in Ms Visio.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including Data analysis and Gap analysis
- Scheduled and lead reviews to obtain final approval from all stakeholders.
- Managed change requests by updating requirement documents as per business user feedback and changes, involved in generating test plans and test specifications as per business requirements.
- Created relationships in Requirement Traceability Matrix linking Business Requirements to Functional requirements and Functional Requirements to Systems Requirements.
- Reviewed the Technical Analysis Documents to ascertain technical changes are aligned to scope the business requirements.
- Reviewed the Test cases with SQA team
- Designed and implemented SQL queries to extract data for analysis, QA Testing and Report / Data Validation using SQL Developer.
Senior Business Analyst
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Elicited business requirements for the project using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, use case scenarios and used standard template of the organization to develop requirements .
- Attended meetings with stake holders and managers regarding process plans, functionality, and business processes.
- Developed Mockup and wireframes for new web feature.
- Participated in developing Product backlog along with product owner.
- Individually and within a team, utilized server-based software, created concept-based product models which controlled the business data and business rules used to generate a customer centric user interface (UI), for the quoting of various insurance products. Provided status and risk reports for multiple concurrent projects within time needed.
- Gather the acceptance down time windows from System Traffic Reports and assist the project management team in Batch processing and Migration Strategy.
- Responsible for Stakeholder Analysis, Managing the requirements creating UML diagrams (Use Cases, Activity Diagram and Class Diagram) to capture and represent the dynamic behavior of different applications.
- Provided Administrative Support and created Custom objects, fields- Leads, Marketing, Campaign, Dashboard, Sales, and Account for Salesforce. Configured security and organizational hierarchy for sales for Salesforce implementation.
- Extensive data validation on the back end using SQL queries to verify the data has been loaded in the correct tables.
- Performed root cause analysis on complex data anomalies and working closely data stewards to define best practice.
- Translate highly complex concepts and conclusions in a clear and concise manner in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences.
- Involved in Design and development of Workflows rules, Testing, triggers, validation rules and customizations with Salesforce, Configured Reports for custom objects and associated them to Dashboard.
- Customized page layouts for Salesforce standard and customized workflows, Approval process, objects, Dashboards, out bound messaging services, Exception to OWD (Org wide Defaults) as per the requirement.
- Drafted Data Dictionaries, Data Mappings Artifacts and identified various Transformations required.
- Involved in the System Integration Testing (SIT), and perfumed Work Flow- Functionality testing validated Test reports.
- Worked on API Documentation and Technical Writing and supported ESB Integration Team on SOA.
- Facilitated the Pre UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and UAT; assisted in testing and maintaining quality procedures such as Black box and Regression testing; created all the relevant documents for appropriate users.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum hybrid, JIRA, Confluence, MS project, MS office Tools (Word, Excel, PPT and Visio), Salesforce CRM, APEX, Data loader, Visual force, Webservices, Force.com IDE, Mule soft ESB, SOA, Guidewire Suit, XML, WSDL, SOQL.
Senior Business Analyst/ Scrum Master
Confidential, New York City
- Identify and document Business Requirements for four major risk areas: internal controls, IT risk assessments, business risk assessments, and compliance risk assessments.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD) based on RUP and Agile framework.
- Responsible for maintaining Project SharePoint site to facilitate document version tracking and user learning repository.
- Created and maintained Use cases, Use case diagram, Activity diagram, and other flow charts and Training material for the GRC tool application.
- Facilitated and conducted user interview workshops with all SMEs to document their current state of risk assessment processes.
- Performed Data Mining to find correlation and pattern in existing data and constructed SQL queries.
- Assisted in the implementation of Integrated Data Warehouse with individual data marts to address areas of business interest. Used ETL to map data, assemble data repository and created data marts.
- Strong knowledge in ETL tool, Informatica Power Center for Data Normalization (1NF, 2NF), Data Indexing & mapping using and Informatica Data Quality for Data Profiling and Data Integrity using Informatica DQ.
- Documented all collected risk processes in MS Visio using business process modeling methodology.
- Worked with SMEs to create mock-ups for various forms and workflows to be used in the GRC tool application.
- Conducted data gap analysis sessions with various SME’s to document the various data requirements for the application including extracting Global Users list, Organization Structure Information and Risk Libraries for selection.
- Identified and documented Gaps between Off the Shelf GRC tool application and desired future state by the client for customized configuration of the application.
- Acted as a liaison between internal IT Department, Business and external GRC tool software vendor to track and report open issues, actions, risks & dependencies during the project.
- Worked with the QA team using ClearQuest and HPQC for User Acceptance Testing and Defect tracking.
Environment:: Microsoft Windows 10, HPQC, Clear Quest, Java, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Project, MS Office Suite, MS Visio.
Business Systems Analyst
- Hosted JAD sessions with stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) & management personnel to reduce the time spent on gathering requirements. Helped in creating BRD&FRD.
- Identified scope and business rules of the project by working closely with clients.
- Liaised between product development team, cross-functional units, Project management team and finance department identifying business process gaps to manage risk ensuring project success.
- Involved in project management, developing project plans, setting project schedules and milestones, scheduling tasks and activities.
- Based on Business value vertically sliced Epics into user stories during Product Backlog Grooming sessions.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Hybris version and provide upgrade recommendations
- Extensively used INVEST criteria to write User stories along with Product owner, development team and Scrum master. Also wrote Acceptance criteria for each user story.
- Participated in various scrum ceremonies like Product Backlog grooming sessions, Sprint planning meeting, Daily Scrum, Sprint review meeting, Sprint retrospective.
- Created Mock-up and wireframes using UI components for enhancing customer experience using MS-Visio.
- Suggested Hybris implementation for inventory and software products
- Used SQL select, update, delete queries to retrieve, update and remove data from databases to verify browser interaction with Database.
- Worked on SOAP, XML and created API gateway for payments in Service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Assisted User acceptance testing (UAT) with Sr. Business Analyst in environment setup, identified stakeholders, defined acceptable criteria for scripts to pass. Worked on HP- UFT.
- Prepared test reports, success criteria and bugs report using MS-EXCEL, MS-Office.
- Worked on functional side with Salesforce business team to identify and capture customers.
- Assisted in creating various Tablix, Matrix, snapshot reports using SSRS for analytics and management reports.
- Creating different types of SSRS reports like Parameterized, Drill through, Drill down, sub reports using tables, cross tabs and charts.
- Applied various SSRS expressions like aggregate functions etc. to apply custom logic to meet the requirements
Environment: Rally, MS-Visio, SQL, Hybris, LoadRunner, MS Office suite 2010, HTML 5.1, CSS, SQL Server, Wireframes, REST, SOAP, SOA, XML, SSRS, Salesforce CRM, HP-UFT.
- Gathered business requirements by participating in JAD sessions, interviewing business users and stakeholders, conducting one to one sessions and consulting existing systems documents.
- Conducted Interviews with project managers, SME’s, business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Assisted PM in creating Work Breakdown Structure and Project charter using MS project.
- Consulted extensive GAP analysis by identifying As-Is and To-Be process models and process flows, which in turn helped me to bridge the gap between the existing and the current system.
- Performed SWOT analysis to discover new functionality requirements, prioritized them based on actual business needs.
- Analyzed feasibility of business requirements and defined scope, found out dependencies by interacting with Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts, Project Manager and Technical Lead.
- Used Waterfall methodology. Assisted in Use Case Modeling and prepared Functional Requirements documents (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS) incorporating business, functional and technical specifications with GUI requirements.
- Created Use case diagrams to make sure it was well understood by developers and testers as well as performed excessive Prototyping using Mockup screens.
- Created Mock-up Screens and Wireframes using UI Components such as Radio Buttons, Drop-down list, Checkboxes
- Coordinated and controlled Change Request for the clients by conducting Impact and Cost analysis.
- Worked with the QA team for designing data fields when the data is expanded. Also assisted the development team to define data
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases and manually executed these to verify actual result against the expected results and exported test case created in MS Excel Sheet
- Used Quality Center/HP ALM for reporting and defect tracking, also followed up with the development team to verify defect fixes and updated defect status also documented all the bugs so that the application was bug free before getting deployed.
- Analyzed Business Requirements from Black Box testing perspective. Reviewed Test Strategy and Test Plans to ensure that test cases reflect user needs for the Functional, Performance, Usability and Security requirements.
- Used Informatica to map the data in central Data repository and for enhanced Data management &Tableau for generating reports.