- Highly skilled professional with over 7 years of experience in Business Analysis/Business Intelligence including project management, reporting and analytics. Worked with data surrounding Finance, Fiscal Management, University (Higher ED), Insurance, Risk Management, Human Resource (HR) and Health Care.
- MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012/2014, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Tableau, QlikView, Cognos, Crystal reporting, Oracle 10g/11g, SQL Developer, JIRA, Confluence, MS Visio, MS Access, MS Excel, SharePoint Technologies 2007, Salesforce CRM, HTML, SAS, R Programming (Basic level), DB2, JIRA, ROSE, ServiceNow, Splunk, EPIC Ambulatory, Clarity, Report Workbench, Care in Motion - All Scripts.
Confidential - Denver, Colorado
Business Intelligence Analyst
- Effectively trained School of Medicine (SOM) Business Intelligence (BI) users (basic and advanced) and provided end user support.
- Actively helped Dean’s Office and other departments by providing reports on Compensation, Budget, Fiscal and HR data.
- Responsible for understanding HR and Finance systems like HCM and Mfin and for developing documentation to support training and consultative interactions.
- Responsible for understanding businesses across the School of Medicine for creating business processes documentation.
- Effectively worked on reporting using Cognos, PeopleSoft and University systems by extracting data from Central Information Warehouse, Faculty and Grants databases.
- Responsible for understanding Fiscal Management through the yearlong requirements and processes and for understanding CU Foundation and CU Medicine data and its requirement based on day to day activities.
- Adept at providing user development consultation to develop reports, dashboards and delivery options.
- Spearheaded SOM Analytics user groups/departments in the School of Medicine and led data governance committee.
- Efficiently developed, validated, tested and delivered reporting and analytical packages using reporting tools like Tableau, eThority, SSRS, MS Access and Cognos.
- Proactively developed and utilized continual quality control practices to ensure consistent data quality for our customers, which include working with appropriate team members to resolve issues that may arise.
- Translated user needs into deliverable requirements for Business Intelligence (BI) teams’ consideration and implementation.
- Translated user group needs into project charter and specifications for Business Intelligence (BI) teams’ consideration and implementation.
- Actively trained Dean’s offices’ finance team by providing analytical knowledge.
- Implemented Agile methods like Scrum and Kanban for gathering user requirements to develop, test, validate, maintain and promote required reports to production following a SDLC cycle.
- Contributed to the development cycle by involving and assisting with the business case development, planning and monitoring, translating and simplifying requirements by utilizing modeling techniques and methods.
- Followed the course of evaluation, analysis and interpretation of vast amounts of data to recommend solutions for implementing a preferred course of action.
- Actively worked with reporting that includes knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- Continuously established work priorities and follow-throughs to ensure completion of activities.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolves issues related to usability, performance, and data accuracy.
- Promoted an environment of teamwork, partnership and strong customer service by supporting the business process component of development work.
- Effectively interacted with Clinical and Faculty Departments to gather information.
- Worked on research grants and allocation projects.
- Proficiently created reports with Faculty Salary surveys and Benchmarking based on Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC).
- Created state funds report with clinical revenues and budgets along with seven-year review data.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
IT Business Analyst
- Worked with the Project manager to document the product’s vision and the project’s scope.
- Identified project stakeholders and user classes along with documentation of user class characteristics. Also, identified appropriate representatives for each user class and negotiated their responsibilities.
- Decomposed high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements based on quality specified to an appropriate level of detail suitable for development.
- Defined quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Represented requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios where appropriate.
- Led requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Collaborated with IT team, business management, end users, and external consultants during all phases of planning, designing, developing, implementing, and supporting software through Cherwell Management, COMPASS, BPM, Thunderbird, Aurora, ERP, Process Management and related business systems to ensure business requirements have been met.
- Ensured the process of request, incident, problem, and change records are accurate and complete, from creation to closure.
- Facilitated major incident conference bridges, accurately identifying and logging attendees, timelines and troubleshooting steps taken. Under management direction, escalated and communicated with IT and business customers, and 3rd party suppliers.
- Worked on Business processing in discoursing the major issues and trying to resolve and escalate the same to the staff concerned.
- Delivered improvement projects such as installations or upgrades of the application software that the development team supports along with plans and designs medium, complexity maintenance and enhancements, reports, forms, interfaces, and data conversions.
- Tested application software and coordinated resolution of issues.
- Understood business processes and developed practical and efficient process designs, documentation, and user procedures and conducted training classes on application software and processes.
- Efficiently used MS SQL Server and Oracle DB in extracting concerned data regarding the issues and initiating workflows.
Confidential, Intern Plano, Texas
Accounting Reporting Analyst
- Designed database, tables and views structure for the new data mart.
- Developed complex T-SQL code such as Stored Procedures, functions, triggers, Indexes and views for the application.
- Developed SSIS tasks to download Encrypted files from remote SFTP server, decrypt and stage data in Staging DB.
- Worked on various tasks and transformations like Execute Sql task, Execute Package Task, Conditional split, Script Component, Merge and Lookup while loading the data into Destination
- Provide assistance to ensure the client’s long-term business and financial success.
- Define On-boarding & off-boarding process - create, maintain, and manage the team’s process for adding and releasing resource.
- Status Reporting - assist the PM with reporting for: SPP updates - maintain and update each week.
- Reviews and evaluates IT control structures to determine the adequacy of internal controls, operating efficiency and customer service for the existing and new clients.
- Help to procure business with SOX rules and regulations with respective sections.
- Responsible for creating UAT documentation and user manuals.
Confidential, Arlington, Texas
Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Assist faculty members with classroom instruction, exams, record keeping, and other projects.
- Prepare presentations for lectures and deliver lectures and help professors develop course plans.
- Proctor examinations and record grades and inform students of their final grades.
Analyst -SQL BI
- Developed procedures, functions, packages, Conversion Programs to convert Payable Invoices and Conversion Program to load Vendor data.
- Responsible for running the risk models, preparing documents and reports of loss estimates of client’s monthly and quarterly portfolio and developing and performing quality assurance checks for the team member’s results.
- Gathered business requirements, definition and design of the data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis, working in conjunction with the data warehouse architect.
- Developed ETL process using SSIS with Various Control Flow, Data Flow task and Store Procedures for Work Order Validation process.
- Used Lookup transform to create the SSIS package for inserting the new entry from excel master source spreadsheet to the SQL Server table and update the old data.
- Responsible for the deployment of the reports on the reporting server and scheduled subscription for the windows file share.
- Developed different types of reports like Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Drill-Down, Cross Tab Reports, Ad hoc reports, Drill through reports.
- Involved in writing T-SQL programming to implement Stored Procedures and Functions for different tasks and created Triggers to enforce data and referential integrity.
- Build packages and handled slowly changing dimensions to maintain the historic data.
- Responsible for optimizing all indexes, SQL queries, stored procedures to improve the quality of software.
- Created and Configured OLAP Cubes using SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services and Performance tuning and scaling to large numbers of users.
- Used Touchstone analysis of data.
- Evaluate business performance with key performance indicators ( KPI) using SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Used SQL Server profiler for auditing and analyzing the events which occurred during a particular time frame.
- Deployed reports on Microsoft Office Sharepoint (Moss).
- Build the Dimensions, cubes with star schema and snowflake schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and created SSRS reports.
SQL BI Developer
- Involved in gathering requirements with team lead for efficient Reporting of the database.
- Understood Banking methodologies to create the design for data dump.
- Worked on various tasks and transformations like Execute Sql task, Execute Package Task, Conditional split, Script Component, Merge and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.