- Over 7years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Business Process Flow, and Business Process on diverse domains such as Health Insurance, Property & casualty, Finance and Banking.Excellent in facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, and interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for eliciting functional requirements that support high - level business needs.Diverse experience working with various domains that include Medical device, Insurance, Retail & Banking.
- Adept with different SDLC methodologies- Waterfall, Rapid Application Development (RAD), Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile (SCRUM).
- Expertise in creating Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to control numerous project artifacts
- Expertise in conducting Stakeholder Analysis to get a clear understanding of the process stakeholders, and their roles & responsibilities towards the project.
- Highly skilled in writing Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Requirements Documents (FRD), Request for Proposals (RFP), Statement of Work (SOW).
- Extensive Knowledge of performing of data analysis, data modeling, data mapping, batch data processing and capable of generating reports using reporting tools such as Business Objects, Crystal Reports, SAS.
- Competent in creating Narrative Use Cases, User Stories, Use Cases, Activity Flow Diagrams, and Data Flow Diagrams using UML Tools - MS Visio, Enterprise Architect.
- Highly skilled in dealing with diverging perspectives, and identifying risks for project mitigation.
- Proficient in conducting User Acceptance testing extensively at both company and clients premises.
- Expertise in assisting Testing teams with Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scenarios, and manage defects using various Defect Tracking Systems.
- Experience in writing SQL Queries to extract data and perform Data Analysis.
- Good understanding of Change management and Release management. Proactive in coordinating with Distributed Teams for onsite- offshore model, and communicate effectively with Business Partners, Management, IT organization and the Client community.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills with explicit attention to detail during requirements elicitation.
- Excellent Leadership, Interpersonal, and Analytical skills, with ability to handle challenges with ease.
Confidential, Plymouth, MN
Sr. PLM Business Systems Analyst
- Led RAPID’s (Rapid application development sessions) for the Teamcenter - Windchill data migration and Windchill - ISOtrain Integration projects.
- Was involved in eliciting requirements from the business by performing gap analysis of the current state vs future state of the applications and translated the business requirements to technical requirements.
- Created and updated BRD (Business requirements Document) & FSD (Functional specification document).
- Facilitated with SME’s from 8 different sites across the globe to analyze the impact of this change on each instance of these applications used at these sites respectively and document the Impact analysis.
- Identified the gaps and collaborated with the SME’s to create several data mapping documents by mapping the fields from source to target and routing these documents in Windchill to gain approvals from hierarchy of the affected teams and made sure to leave an audit trail.
- Admin/Change manager level access to Windchill and was responsible to route documentation by creating ECR(Enterprise Change Request), CO(Change orders) & CA(Change Activity).
- Documented the technical changes to the system by creating object settings document and System specification documents.
- Created wireframe diagrams for the updated workflows and involved in re-engineering the workflows impacted by the changes.
- Created, maintained and updated the team sharepoint sites with revised and redline documents.
- Identified the testing scenarios and created test plans and validation plans in compliance with the enterprise regulations.
- Represented the windchill application during the integration with ISOtrain and provided support to the TIBCO team by documenting and validating the API calls.
- Created API design templates by documenting the API documentation endpoints such as resource description, API Key, sample URL, method used(Get,put,post,delete), SOAP, REST, JSON, XML, HTTP-CRUD, Parameters like path and query, sample request, sample response, Status and error code and sample codes.
- Assisted the DEV/Delivery team in performing smoke testing and maintaining the Issue/bug log.
- Authored test cases and led the testing team to perform UAT, OQ(Operational Qualification) and IQ(Installation Qualification)testing and routing the documentation for validation.
- Used HP Quality center(ALM) to upload the requirements and test cases for traceability, testing and validation purposes.
Confidential, Bloomington, MN
Product Owner / Sr Business Systems Analyst
- Collaborated with Product Owner / Stakeholder, developers, subject matter experts SME and quality assurance.
- Wrote user stories and acceptance criteria and other requirements documentation using project templates.
- Performed Data Analysis and Mapping for importing system billing data to the claims review system
- Participated and facilitated daily standup meetings. Lead sprint planning sessions and iteration retrospectives.
- Analyzed end-user requirements, their strategies, and their objectives to create Requirement Specification Documents, Use Cases.
- Analyzed and reviewed Business / Functional Requirement and Design documents testability.
- Data sourcing from multiple SQL databases to acquire test data for functional, regression and user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Extensively interacted with the Key stakeholders on the business side, Technical leads, Project Managers and as well as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to elicit and finalize requirements.
- Conducted Data mapping sessions with the JDE and SAP team SMEs to arrive at Data mapping requirements from Source to target.
- Modeling and analyzing current state processes, identifying gaps, facilitate process changes to address those gaps for future processes.
- Prepared files and reports by performing ETL, data extraction, and data validation, managed metadata and prepared Data dictionary as per the project requirement
- Worked in tuning the ETL processes to reduce the processing time
- Monitor the ETL process daily and report and data correction before the daily report is sent to the stakeholder and business partner
- Translating the business needs for the technology team which helps them build an effective software solution
- Created Use Cases, Use Case Models, Work Flows, and System Specification Documents
- Participated and facilitated daily standup meetings. Lead iteration planning sessions and iteration retrospectives.
- Analyzed end-user requirements, their strategies, and their objectives to create Requirement Specification Documents, Use Cases.
- Captured requirements for XML / JSON data message for Web-services APIs for SOAP / Restful calls for sending billing and claims data to multiple clients / vendors
- Identifying and raising key risks, issues and dependencies.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and System Integration testing (SIT) and SWOT analysis.
- Providing the required test data for the developers in order to fix the defects.
- Provided management support to the off-shore End to End integration/ Regression Test Team.
- Coordinated with the QA Team for testing activities across multiple systems and managed Conversion test execution.
- Hand on in Data Scenarios Creation, Authoring data flow steps for test data creation Peer Review of Test Scenarios, test cases and queries
- Writing requirements in JIRA and importing them in HP Quality center for Traceability and validation.
- Was also responsible to prepare the Data mapping document and update it when required.
- Performed workflow and interface analysis of the current Source and target systems to suggest solutions to mapping requirements by the business.
- Worked with the business on Defect and Product Cross references to ensure the Source and Target Defects and Product categories are mapped correctly.
- Prepared high level design diagrams and Workflow diagrams.
- Work on organizing incoming complaints by risk levels then process them accordingly.
- Contributed to quality systems policies and procedures to aid cross-functional users.
- Acted as a Subject Matter Expert on compliance and regulatory laws for employees and management.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr Business Analyst
- Utilize your business knowledge to help analyze and improve existing processes and procedures.
- Document, understand, and learn already in-use MS Access database applications.
- Create and update access database applications and future planning
- Participate in team projects which includes development of business digital solutions using a variety of available technologies
- Performed requirement analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements based on interactions with the process owners and stakeholders and represented them in requirements traceability matrix (RTM).
- Interacted with department heads to finalize business requirements, functional requirements and technical requirements and created business process model.
- Facilitated JRP sessions between technical and regulatory teams for meeting requirements as well as solving problems on a daily basis.
- Created and reviewed functional specifications and created a functional requirement document.
- Used Rational RequisitePro to improve the communication of project goals, enhance collaborative development, reduce project risk and increase the quality of application before deployment.
- Created and maintained narrative use cases (business use cases, system use cases) and modeled use case, activity, and data flow diagrams using MS Visio.
- Followed the adaptive RUP framework for the whole project life cycle (PLC).
- Fine-tuned search engines, pulled data from different databases and migrated data back and forth using SQL.
- Worked on following applications Business Objects, Enterprise Architect, Toad, PlanView (project management), Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Project)
- Plan-view administrator; Responsible for end user training, report development, process documentation, and software administration.
- Employed Rational ClearQuest for effective change management (requirements creep) and bug tracking during the testing lifecycle.
- Created and executed manual test cases in Mercury Test Director, automated test cases in QTP and analyzed the test results.
- Interacted with the QA team to conceptualize, determine and develop test approaches and methods for unit, integration, functional, load and usability testing according to the application complexity and test requirements.
Confidential, Menomonee Falls, WI
Business Systems Analyst
- Utilized Agile software development methodology to manage and control software and product development. Documented and worked through systems issues as part of a business analysis team.
- Designed and developed project document templates based on Scrum to manage deliverables and expedite product release.
- Conducted Sprint Planning Sessions and Daily Stand Up Scrum Meetings.
- Prepared project vision and project scope document along with the project manager and other team members.
- Developed As-Is and To-Be Business Process Models for complex processes by analyzing the existing processes and gathering information from SMEs.
- Coordinated workflow among team members and managed project deliverables like Business Requirement Document (BRD) and communicate progress through regular meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiated use of Team Foundation Server (TFS), an application lifecycle management tool and performed requirements management, test case management, and reports and dashboards.
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts and Business Users for requirements gathering by conducting JAD sessions.
- Used MS Visio and UML for Use Case Flow Diagram and Design Documentation.
- Scheduled and conducted interviews with business users, reviewed systems environment and functionality, researched and analyzed business processes and obtained signoffs.
- Assisted Strategy and Architecture manager in enhancing alignment between business processes and Information Technology. Conducted interviews, joint discussions and created Capability Models.
- Acted as a Subject Matter Expert, performed ad-hoc analysis and devised training plans.
- Responsible for assessing Investment Requirement for IT in web presence management.
- Independently met with senior executives, conducted interviews, gathered data, coordinated demos of vendor products and documented current state.
- Worked with cross-functional teams including consumer brands, sales, marketing, and IT.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Business Systems Analyst
- Worked on Multiple Applications like ULDD (Uniform Loan Delivery Data), Early Check where different lenders submit loans to Fannie Mae.
- Worked on QREP (Quality Reporting Enterprise Platform), this application is used by all the major projects in Fannie Mae for reporting purpose and delivered the reporting application successfully.
- As a Product Owner took part in backlog grooming Setting the acceptance criteria and defining the definition of DONE - Acceptance Criteria
- Gathering requirements from stakeholders and updating them in the product backlog.
- Managed discussions sessions with SMEs, Business departments, and IT Analysts Project Managers for planning and Requirements Gathering.
- Used group discussion sessions, and one-on-one meetings to identify business and System Requirements, and documented using Use Case Modeling, Process Flow diagrams and documentation.
- Identified the key stakeholders and the business users of the application.
- Created product roadmap for the various stages and releases thought the project lifecycle.
- Performed requirement analysis by gathering both functional and Nonfunctional requirements based on interactions with the process owners & stakeholders for implementing the LPS-MM application (Origination Process).
- Gained good knowledge on loan origination process and the documents involved in the set up 10O3, Good faith estimate and TIL (Truth in Lending).
- Worked with business users and reporting team to build custom reports and documented the reporting requirements by using spreadsheets using pivot tables, Logical Excel statements and graphs.
- Captured, Organized and Tracked requirements in RequisitePro
- Created analytical models that estimate future credit risk and losses at the account level for all existing and prospective loan products.
- Worked as an Interface between the loan advisors, brokers and the different teams involved in the application development for better understanding of the business reporting functionality.
- Conducted JAD sessions with stakeholders, end users and SME, to determine the critical business processes and identification key functional requirements.
- Worked closely with the testing team participating in Unit, GUI, Black box Smoke, Integration and UAT Testing
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Facilitated JAD sessions and conducted interviews for eliciting requirements for various Business Intelligence reports and created documents for analyzing and visualization of data collected from disparate source systems.
- Documented elicited requirements in Functional Specification Document (FSD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS). Created a sample of data prototypes for approval from sponsors and business owners.
- Assisted the Product Owner (PO) in transforming Business requirements into User Stories. Participated in Product Backlog Grooming Sessions and assisted the PO in slicing epics into stories and then prioritizing the stories.
- Created Data/Process Flow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using UML methodologies for easy understanding.
- Created conceptual, and logical entity relationship (ER) diagrams. Also developed the data dictionary.
- Assisted the Project Manager and the development team in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Drafted test strategy, Test Plans and Test Cases, and exit strategy by working closely with the quality analyst team.
- Led the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) efforts by conducting UAT and logging defects on HP ALM.
Business Skills: Waterfall, Agile,Requirements Elicitation,User stories,Wireframes,BRD, Process Flows &Use-Case Diagrams,FRD, root-cause analysis, mapping documents, change management and workflow management.
Operating Systems: Windows, LINUX, macOS, Android, iOS
Languages: C/C#, Java, HTML, XML, SQL .
Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, RequisitePro, ClearQuest, MS Outlook, ClearCase, SAP Business Objects, HP ALM (QC), Jira, Confluence, Rally,TFS & PTC Windchill.
Reporting Tools: TABLEAU, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, SAP
Databases: TOAD, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL*PLUS