- Over 8 years of extensive experience as a Business Analyst in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), business and functional requirement gathering, analyzing requirements, business process design and software validation.
- Experience working in Financial And banking, wealth management, risk management and accounting domains.
- Highly experienced in broad range of technologies including business process tools such as MS Project, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, Data Warehousing concepts.
- Strong experience in client interaction, understanding business applications and business data flow.
- Worked in projects involving various regulatory requirements including Confidential Act ( Confidential ).
- Experienced in conducting and facilitating JAD and Work Sessions, Interviews and client meetings, to gather requirements.
- Implemented an AGILE solution for Brokerage applications which resulted in enhanced trading efficiency and reduced IT support time.
- Working of WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) to maintain Confidential standards throughout Marriott products
- Extensive experience in documenting Business Requirements (BRS), Use Case, Functional and Non - Functional requirements, Systems Design Specifications, Systems Requirements Specifications (SRS).
- Excellent in performing Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with new Business Requirements, Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA), SWOT analysis, and forecasting.
- Proficient in developing Use Cases, architectural flows, Business Process Flow based on UML using MS Visio.
- Adept in translating business requirements, reporting requirements and user expectations into detailed system specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Experienced in conducting User Acceptance Testing and coordinating with the UAT participants to get the change requirements.
- Adept in deploying the projects by involving in go-live processes and getting client feedback timely.
- Deep understanding of Investment Management, Asset Management, Prime Brokerage Services, Money and Capital Market Instruments
Modeling tools: MS Visio, Mock: Up Screens, Rational Rose, Balsamiq, Justin Mind, Smart Draw
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile (Scrum and Rational Unified Process) and Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid
Business Skills: Process Modeling, Change Management, GAP Analysis, Impact analysis, Risk analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, SWOT analysis, JAD Sessions, People management, Team management, Excellent Communication Skills, Sound Negotiator, Goal and Time oriented, Great Business Acumen
Data Warehousing: Data Modeling, Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Data Dimensions, Star and Snowflake schemas
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
Productivity Suite: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Outlook, SharePoint and Access)
Requirement Management: JIRA, Rally, Power Designer, HP Application Life Management (HP ALM), GitHub, MS Office, StartNow and Version One
Reporting/BI/ETL Tools: Informatica, Tableau, IBM Cognos and MS Excel
Testing tools: HPQC, HPALM, Load Runner, Rational Clear Quest
Languages: JAVA, .Net, SQL and XML
Sr. Business Analyst/Financial
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Worked as a business analyst to build enterprise reporting system to support Risk Analysis, Securities and their Valuation, Asset Management, risks and returns, Bond Pricing, cash flow, Financing Structures, Capital Management, Portfolio Analysis, Budgeting, trade capture application, risk management, and Investment Accounting.
- Develop and maintain sales reporting using in MS Excel queries, SQL in Teradata, and MS Access. Produce performance reports and implement changes for improved reporting.
- Analyzed business requirements and developed Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, site map and wire frames.
- Experienced with creating and mapping requirements to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) standard.
- Validated all changes after monthly release to ensure accuracy of data on the Brokerage platform.
- Generated requirements for Capital Markets - Fixed Income Investment Management Business, Portfolio Management, Hedge funds, corporate actions, Brokerage and Trading Model within the scope of both the Front and Middle Office.
- Translated business requirements into functional requirements and prepared an extensive project plan to reduce inter-company transactions in equity derivatives and foreign exchange trades.
- Loading staging tables on Teradata and further loading target tables on SQL server via DTS transformation Package.
- Conducted market research and analysis in Capital Markets consisting of Stock Market and Bond Market
- Conduction of product management/relationship building meetings between various teams.
- Collaborated in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose, RequisitePro, and Visio.
- Provided key initiatives in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Defining Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and planning the entire process using MS Project.
- Wrote specification to implement application feed for trade-processing lifecycles from pre-trade analysis to post-trade risk management, settlement and regulatory compliance with SunGard's Capital Markets and Investment Banking solution.
- Followed WCAG standards for accessibility, understanding and ease of use and operation of the web pages for consumer registration, claim processing and payment advice.
- Collaborated with the Project Managers in Tracking and Managing Project Development Process.
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Mercury Test Director for stress testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing
Environment: UML, Rational Rose, RequisitePro, Rational Soda, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, JIRA, SQL, XML, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, Bloomberg, VBA for Excel, SQL
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Plymouth, MI
- Interacted with the business users and gathered requirements for the business definition.
- Created Functional Requirements Document (FRDs), Functional Specifications Document (FSDs) and Traceability Matrices for application development.
- Involved in the stack sessions, and met with all stake holders to understand, articulate, and document the requirements.
- Worked on projects which used RUP and Waterfall methodologies.
- Acted as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on many occasions to explain in brief to the business users about the internal systems.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with the management, developers and analysts from all the dependant systems/applications and business users to refine functional requirements and to perform the Impact Analysis.
- Data Warehouse was developed to integrate operational systems into one central database structure. Informational queries can be obtained from the Data Warehouse that identifies customer behavior patterns.
- Created Data Stage jobs to extract, transform and load data into data warehouses from various sources like relational databases, application systems, temp tables, flat files etc.
- Extensively involved in the modeling and development of Reporting Data Warehousing System
- Collaborated with Basel II team on credit risk analysis and issue resolution.
- Communicated the implementation of the new calculation framework of Risk Weight Asset under Basel II
- Prepared for GAP Analysis; identified and documented improved areas to meet capital requirement regulations for Basel II Compliance.
- Created mock up diagrams using MS VISIO and provided the screenshots replicating the changes to the User Interface (UI) as per the requirements.
- Created spreadsheets using MS EXCEL in data gathering stages for requirements mapping.
- Conducted walkthroughs with the end users and stakeholders to gather the modification requests from the user to upgrade or change the specifications for the product.
- Worked on data modeling and produced data mapping and data definition documentation
- Configured the Data mapping between Oracle and SQL Server 2005.
- Worked on MS Visio to design and create Process Flow Charts, Activity diagrams with Swim Lanes, Data Flow Diagrams and Use Case Diagrams.
- Prepared PowerPoint slides to effectively communicate with the business users and stake holders in the meetings.
- Served as a Business Liaison between the Business Users and the Developers helping them in understanding the Functional behavior of the Internal Systems.
- Conducted Cross-functional meetings to discuss the impacts from cross functional systems.
- Helped the Business Users while performing the UAT testing and helping them resolve the defects in the environment.
- Created Testing Requirements Document (TRDs) and Test Case Scenarios to test functional changes to the system/application as per the project requirements.
- Used XML to look up for the specific attributes and parameters needed for testing the web application in the QAT environment.
- Interacted with the testing team while developing the functional test cases and regression test cases
- Kept a track of all QAT and UAT bugs/defects and helped the testers to resolve the issues and made a report of all the defects which were resolved and which were not using MS EXCEL.
- Facilitated Partner integration testing through triaging and routing the defects on a daily basis.
- Coordinated with the testing team while Smoke Testing at the time of deployment.
Confidential, Oklahoma City, OK
- Extensive experience in Conducting Market Research, Feasibility Studies, Data Analyses, System Analyses, Gap Analyses, and Risks Analyses.
- Gathering market data including real time and historical price data, financial data, and trading news using financial data source named Bloomberg.
- Expertise in creating requirements to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) standard
- Solid Experience in Collection, analyses, and documentation of User Requirements, as well as Organizing interviews, User meetings, workshops, JAD sessions and requirement elicitation sessions
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users in operations group and performing data mapping for the application, confirm and vacillating the requirement at time of BA testing.
- Strong domain understanding in Commercial Banking, Cash Management, Payments, Lending, Confidential and Securitization, Treasury Services, Brokerage Services, and Credit Risk Fundamentals.
- Sound understanding and previous exposure to corporate treasury product, trade finance products, and international banking products.
- Wrote functional requirements for WCAG 2.0 (accessibility requirements) compliant,
- Worked with Treasury, IRA, Capital Market, Corporate Action, ALM, bank secrecy act, Anti-Money Laundering departments
- Prepared for GAP Analysis; identified and documented improving areas to meet capital requirement regulations.
- Responsible for business system analysis of customizing the BPS Risk Management product with involvement through the whole SDLC
- Initiated and supervised Trading and Treasury based projects including FX analysis for financial and regulatory reporting.
- Learned the Agile methodology for the project, guided the team to document epic and stories and requirement maintenance using tools like JIRA and Confluence.
- Solid Experience in developing Scope/Vision Documentation and Project Plan, as well as tracking Project Process, and manage resources to ensure successful delivery
- Deep understanding the Business Flow of Investment Banking, and extensively involved in Portfolio management and analyses, Mutual Funds, Securities trading.
Environment: UML, Rational Rose, RequisitePro, Rational Soda, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, JIRA, SQL, XML, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, Bloomberg, VBA for Excel, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, J2EE..
Confidential, New York, NY
- Met with stakeholders and users to review / manage expectations and identify opportunities to improve ROI..
- Used Agile Software Development process viz. Scrum, as this was a time bound project.
- Performed as assist to the project manager by tracking consultants' travel expenses, document control, scheduling meetings on the systems integration of 2 brokerage systems for the company merger.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with end users, development and QA teams.
- Authored Business Requirements Document BRD with project teams. Extracted, discussed, and refined business requirements from business users and SME's.
- Prepared Use cases and Activity flow diagrams and Work flow diagrams, considering the scope of the project with Microsoft VISIO 2003.
- Assisted in creating wireframes for web interface with the GUI design team.
- Moreover, I also authored functional requirements documents FRD by interacting with development team for improving client's legacy system.
- Conducted status report meetings with the business and the IT team on a weekly basis, as the most important aspect of the project was Data Mapping.
- Involved in analyzing the brokerage reporting needs
- Assisted project managers with the development of project schedules. Developed requirements and preliminary design for client applications. Performed analysis and design projects using a systems development methodology. Worked with all levels of client staff in solution definition.
- Assisted the development team in preparation of the CRUD Matrix.
- Exposed to SQL queries while churning out relevant information from company's database.
- Assisted in system and user acceptance testing (UAT), free-trial demos, performed client presentations.
- Assisted Project Management in developing Scope/ Vision Documentation and Project Plan, tracking project process, and developed Risk Mitigation Plan
- Minimized defects in software application by collecting, reviewing, managing, and monitoring software application defects in JIRA through resolution as reported by various internal and external customers as Defect Manager
Environment: Advance Plax, GPP, AS/400, Mainframe/DB2, J2EE, RUP, UML, Use Case diagrams, Microsoft Visio, MS Project.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Build Wireframes along with Evaluation to fulfill the end goals of all stakeholders Develop User Flow diagrams Write User Stories and Use Case documentation Client Discovery, Information Architecture, & Wireframe
- Requirements gathering and authoring. Scenarios and personas. Process flowcharts, sitemaps, and annotated wireframes. Functional specifications.
- Content and data audits and strategy. Site evaluations, competitive analysis and site analytics. Usability testing and research. Lead client workshops and review sessions. Production of interactive prototypes, Photoshop screen mock-ups
- Help implementation of WCAG Accessibility guidelines - US regulatory standards for legal and compliance.
- Responsible for understanding the business needs and analyzed the existing system for determining the information gaps and deficiencies, as well as evolving information needs.
- Carried out Strength Weakness Opportunities and Threat (SWOT) analysis to do an internal analysis of the company and the market.
- Utilize MS Visio for gathering and communicating requirements related to statistical risk modeling of retail portfolios (credit cards, mortgages, personal loans, etc.) for Basel II regulatory compliance for Broker-Dealer. (Net capital rule)
- Created business modeling and data flow diagrams, wrote use cases and implemented use case diagrams during the analysis phase of the project.
- Gathered requirements and developed presentations to elucidate the project to different offsite teams as well as clients.
- Created mock up screens for better visualization using MS Visio.
- Prepared the test execution status reports and maintained the daily dashboards for testing progress.
- Tracked defects and prepared the defect matrix /reports, conducted the defect resolution meetings and updated the test schedules as and when required.
- Coordinated UAT test efforts and actively involved in interaction with the business users and getting business sign-off.
Environment: Java main frame, SQL server, load runner, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Created and reviewed business requirements and functional specifications.
- Interacted with key business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) using Rational Rose to trace each software requirement to test case.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and gap analysis.
- Designed and developed Use Cases and UML models using Rational and developed Sequence Diagrams.
- Worked on developing strategic partnerships with the business unit to build a sound knowledge base of the business line, including the business plan, and process and revenue streams.
- Partnered with the technical team in the research and resolution of system and process problems.
- Worked with the QA team in testing the upgraded system for data retrieval, using complex SQL queries.
- Analyzed operational procedures and methods and recommended changes for improvement with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
- Performed activities supporting the roll out e.g. the UAT template for Business User for QA.
Environment: Rational Rose Enterprise, Agile/Scrum, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office, QTP, MS SQL Server