- 6 years of Data Analyst experience in: requirements gathering, analysis, ETL design, development, testing and implementation of data warehousing systems.
- Extensive experience in writing complex SQL queries, PL/SQL, stored procedures, packages, view, synonyms, and triggers in Teradata.
- Sound knowledge in developing various business warehouse applications using ETL Tool Informatica 9.0.1, 8.6.1/7.1.2.
- Considerable experience in working with various data sources like Oracle, Teradata and Flat Files.
- Extensively worked on Informatica Power Center Components - Power Center Designer, Workflow Manager to create workflows and sessions, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager.
- Skilled in performance tuning at Database and Informatica such as: sourcing, targeting, mapping, transformation and session to make them more efficient in terms of session performance.
- Accomplished in delivering critical solutions on various levels of project planning and execution, quality assurance and system/business analysis.
- Visualized data using Tableau to present information needs for projects.
- Experienced in publishing and sharing workbooks, Data sources with user filter to Tableau server.
- Experienced in using SQL for Tableau and in writing parametrized queries for generating tabular reports, formatting report layout, and expressions.
- Thorough knowledge of Alteryx analytics tool.
- Experience in Cloud implementation using Amazon Web Services components like S3 storage, Elastic Map reduce and AWS Athena.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience in building and automating processes using Airflow.
- Helped develop an application to get the historical search metrics from Google Trends.
- Proficient with different file formats like Avro, Parquet and JSON.
- Worked in Onsite-Offshore model and have good leadership qualities to lead a team and guide them to execute projects with high standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, self-starter and excellent Team Player.
- Ability to learn, adopt and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Proven track-record of completing complex projects with precision and accuracy within stringent time restraints.
- Presented findings and data to the executive team to improve strategies and operation.
- Supported clients by generating monthly reports and analysis.
- Presented data-based improvement and operational strategies to the executive team.
- Informatica Power Center
- MS Excel
- AWS Services (EMR/S3/Athena)
- MS Visio
- Business Process Modelling
- Agile & Scrum
- System Requirement Specification (SRS)
- Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Business Requirement Document (BRD)
Confidential, Portland ORData Analyst
- Attended business calls to gather and analyze project the requirements.
- Interacted with business analysts and modelers for the better understanding of individual subject areas and modified specifications to reflect accurate user needs.
- Helped to architect the production and pre-prod (development) Teradata & Snowflake.
- Involved in data modeling and High-Level design for Teradata.
- Produced detailed design documents/technical specifications for business management approval.
- Building ETL processes with Informatica Power Center.
- Tested the data loaded into HDFS with Teradata data as part of validation.
- Helped create an infrastructure to use Spark out of Qubole.
- Developed Spark applications for analytical and data processing needs.
- Configured the above jobs in Airflow.
- Helped develop validation framework using Airflow for the data processing.
- Worked with business management associates to fix the data issues.
- Helped develop dashboards using Tableau for business reporting.
- Reviewed the developments & fixed any issues.
- Performed unit testing & provided test comments.
- Produced data extracts during system testing and received business management approval.
- Coordinated with other teams - Upstream and Downstream teams for any impacts and Testing Team during development and system testing.
- Debugged issues & provided fixes during the UAT phase.
Environment: Teradata, Informatica Power Center, Oracle, Hive, Alteryx, Snowflake, Airflow, Python, and Qubole.
McAfee, Portland OR
- Responsible for data validation across the risk management systems.
- Created requirements document with end-to-end traceability.
- Generating responsiveness, turnaround time related metrics and performance dashboards to the management on a weekly basis.
- Weekly project status reporting, tracking milestones, issues, risks and action items.
- Experience in Data Modelling, Integration, Analysis, Reporting and Visualization.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop-Down menu option and Parameters using Tableau.
- Conducting Data Mining and Data Modelling. Collecting, cleansing and providing data modelling and analyzing the structured and unstructured data.
- Performed data wrangling to clean, transform and reshape the data utilizing panda’s library. Analyzed data using SQL, R, Java, Scala, Python, Apache Spark and presented analytical reports to management and technical teams.
- Implemented Data Quality validation techniques to validate data and identified many anomalies. Extensively worked on statistical analysis tools and adept at writing code in Advanced Excel, R and Python.
- Applying Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies like Waterfall, Agile and Scrum approach.
- Coordinated with team members to create impactful analyses and forward-thinking strategies
- Communicate with executives and managerial staff regarding data findings and potential new-technologies. Data entry, data auditing, creating data reports & monitoring all data for accuracy.
- Demonstrate exposure/experience in data profiling, cleansing and data wrangling technique.
- Strong Analytical problem-solving skills and involved in SWOT analysis.
- Involved in creating various documents such as Use case, Business and Functional Requirement Specifications. Well versed in Project Management skills like MS Project for project planning and scheduling. Able to process new data quickly and communicate it effectively to lay individuals.
Environment: MS Visio, Oracle 9i, Test Director, UML, RUP, Test Director, and MS Project.
Business Data Analyst
Confidential, Rolling Meadows IL
- Providing technical support, analyzing and evaluating systems, equipment, process improvements.
- Involved in SharePoint development, Design and implement team site(s) and folder structure or file plan based on team's needs.
- Determine and create custom content types (metadata). Apply permissions to content and manage permissions within the site.
- Designed and developed standalone data migration applications to retrieve and populate data from Azure Table / BLOB storage to Python, and Power BI.
- Used R and Python for Exploratory Data Analysis to compare and identify the effectiveness of the data.
- Coordinating with other internal departments including Quality Assurance, Product Operations, and Production Support.
- Retrieving data from massive and complex data sets using statistical techniques and conducted data integration.
- Perform initial analysis to assess the quality of the data and conducting further analysis to determine the meaning of the data.
- Perform final analysis to provide additional data screening and setting up with the calculations based on analysis and presenting to management.
- Participated and facilitated different levels of discussions through JAD sessions, conference calls and business workshops held to plan business strategy.
- Built Databases, Stored Procedures, Packages, Table structures and Views, writing queries using SQL Server.
Environment: MS Office, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server, Quality Center, Win Runner, TFS, Clear quest, ColdFusion, Visual Studio 2010, and Visual Source Safe.
- Act as a liaison among key stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate a requirement for change to business processes.
- Designed processes and maintained SQL scripts for the migration of data between systems.
- Successfully adapted data models and procedures to account for changing requirements from the client.
- Analyzed business processes and business requirements into functional specifications for the development team.
- Advised clients on resource requirements, scope, budgets, and timing.
- Created SQL queries and reports to support inventory control and improve sales profitability.
- Engaged in reporting project updates, managing project resources, conflict resolution and maintaining project deadlines.
- Worked with stakeholders and business SMEs (Subject Management Experts) to understand and document the requirements as part of the project.
- Maintained project documents such as the risk management plan, action item list, project benefits list, updates, and review with the project manager at regular time intervals.
- Lead the team during different phases of testing and manage the test documents.
- Organized daily project status meetings, QA review meetings, and system test meetings to keep all members of the team coordinated.
- Analyzed test software data to determine root cause probabilities.
- Conducted root cause analysis during the development of I/S application, service, and testing.
Environment: Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Quality Center, Microsoft Visio, and SVN.