- 8+ years of professional experience in Banking domain and strong understanding of Business Requirement Gathering, Business Process Flow, API Flows, development and Business Analysis . Possess strong communication, analytical and problem - solving skills with superior leadership, team collaboration, training and management skills to build consensus across relevant parties and derive business success.
- Worked in industry standard Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Waterfall, Water-Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban and SAFe 4.5.
- Developed systems by abiding by AML laws like USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act and regulations set up by FATF and FINRA to develop the systems which meets compliance and regulatory standards.
- Excellent Business writing skills in drafting Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications, Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), Data Requirements and Workflows.
- Great understanding and knowledge of Scrum framework including Scrum Ceremonies, Artifacts, various Prioritization and Estimation techniques viz. Kano, Moscow, Planning poker, Relative mass, T shirt sizing.
- Conducted Impact Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, GAP analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Feasibility Study, As-Is and To-Be business analysis, Risk Analysis & SWOT analysis.
- Excellent knowledge in dataflow analysis of the system using use case diagrams, dataflow diagrams, state diagrams, activity diagrams, flowchart diagrams, sequence diagrams, and collaboration diagrams.
- Worked extensively with the team to meet business requirement, analyzing workflow and Worked with project teams and architects to develop business process models.
- Maintained a structured approach in organizing requirements to ensure that critical business rules and requirements are met with the help of Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience in Database Applications with Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access and very efficient in tuning the SQL Queries and using several tools and utilities. Used queries like Joins, NVL statements, Union, Ranking functions and procedures to extract information and use it for reporting and testing.
- Extensive experience in Data Warehouse and ETL process using Informatica and Talend and used it to extract the data from source systems, transform it according to business rules and load it into the DWH.
- Expertise in creating Data Modelling E-R Model and Dimensional Model in the form of entities and relationships to capture the user requirements properly in the underlying database.
- Cultivated experience in working with different web services such as HTML, WSDL, SOAP, UDDI, REST, JSON under various architectures like Three-Tier Architecture and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) for efficient information transfer and mapping for the application.
- Involved in scripting business logic in the web methods of the web services and documenting the Web Service Level Agreement (WSLA) document using Extensive Markup Language (XML) to serve as a contract between the front end and the back end team for efficient building of application, resolve ambiguities & speedup design.
- Performed API testing using Postman to check if the API’s are returning the data in JSON, XML format as defined in the API documentation and required by workflow.
- Developed Test plans, Test case and Test procedures in manual and automated test environments for different testing procedures like black box testing, stress testing, regression testing and load testing.
- Implemented Automation Testing using Selenium Web Driver and QTP. Assisted automation test engineers to develop automation testing scripts for web applications. Wrote and implemented manual automated test scripts using HP Quality Center.
- Well versed in conducting various types of testing including User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and helped in designing and developing test plans and test scripts.
- Managed requirements and tracked defects working with SOAP UI and documented performance reports. Determined the priority of defect along with developers and managers based on business value of the functionality and helped in resolving it by efficient tracking in JIRA.
- Experienced in conducting Data Analysis using design of experiments in Excel and Tableau for dashboards. Developed reports for Churn analysis, Voice of customer and key financial measures such as net sales, net profit and net profit margin, complaints for efficient use by C-level executives.
- Good understanding of Project Process and ability to analyze business problems and identify solutions by involving in Project Planning, Managing and Scheduling activities.
Modeling Tools: Balsamiq, Mockup Screens, Bizagi, Rational Rose, MS Visio
Business Skills: Impact Analysis, JAD Sessions, Change Management, SWOT analysis, Project Planning, Project Scheduling, and Project Budgeting, Cost Benefit Analysis, Root Cause Analysis
Requirement Management: MS Office, JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM, Rational Requisite Pro, Blue Print
MS: Project, MS SharePoint, MS Visual Studio, JIRA, Rally, Scrum, Waterfall, SAFe, Kanban, UML, RUP
Testing Tools: SOAP UI, HP QC v10.0, Cucumber, Selenium, QTP, Load Runner
Languages: SQL, Angular JS, Java, HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery, C++
ETL Tools: Informatica, Talend, Data Stage
Reporting tools: Tableau Desktop, Excel, IBM Cognos, MS Office Suite, Salesforce
Defect Tracking: JIRA, Rally, Rational ClearQuest
Databases: MySQL, MS Access, Oracle 11g, SQL SeverEXPERIENCE
Confidential, Whippany, New Jersey
Business Systems Analyst
- Worked with AML analysts, VP transaction monitoring, technical architect, front end team, legal team, Business and cross functional teams to gather requirements.
- Assisted VP transaction Monitoring in creating Project Scope, Timeline and RAID log for a new instance Rollout and conducted bi-weekly status calls, shared MOM’s and followed up on action items
- Created BRD, FRD, IRD, Project plan, Account, Customer, Transaction and SWIFT feed, UAT tracker and help the tech Go Live and business Go live milestones and also support pre and post implementation Audit.
- Conducted interviews, meeting, JAD sessions to clearly communicate the requirements and updated user stories in Rally to track the progress of the sprint and was involved in daily standup to report progress .
- Developed impact analysis for SWIFT BIC and BIC plus Directory and proposed development efforts required that was added to Book of work. Developed transformation document to leverage the BIC plus file. Lead the SIT and UAT testing and sign off phase to check if the data enrichment process is running smoothly.
- Worked for end to end implementation of compliance technology User list maintenance UI based application directly aiming to support business users and giving them more control over their data. Developed FRD, User guide, Requirement communication with the request on boarding team, SIT and UAT.
- Worked with vendor Oracle to help business users get a solution to the issues that they are facing for while using Mantas and also helped in prioritizing the defect log.
- Worked with developers for automated solution of APAC KRI reporting improving the reporting process.
- Worked on Operation level agreement with Universal banking system team to get the Account, Customer, Transaction and Risk feed on a daily basis and determine the batch run process is not conflicting with the existing batch for other jurisdiction and handed over to Run the Bank for data ingestion.
- Worked with the MFT engagement team to initiate the 0 byte file transfer process and then received the feeds through the engagement channel. Conducted weekly calls for SIT and UAT defect triaging.
- Worked closely with IMI Correspondent banking and IMI transaction management stakeholders to get to expedite signoffs and clear any open questions. Worked on Payment rejection rules and Special party flag project
- Developed SQL queries, NVL statements, Joins (Inner, Outer, Left, Right), CTE’s to test the data based on the functional requirements. Performed testing on SOAP UI and Postman to check the working of the API’s.
- Developed tableau reports for senior management based on defects, transactions, API calls, Alerts and customer information using Parameterized controlled dashboards using bar graph, scatter plots & pareto chart.
Environment: Agile, JIRA, TOAD, Balsamiq, Oracle 11g, Mantas, NICE Atomize, SharePoint, Excel, Transaction Monitoring.
Confidential, Columbus Ohio
Sr. Business System Analyst .
- Worked with AML analysts, AML investigators, AML quality and management team, UX/UI teams, content teams and senior stakeholders to understand their needs and started gathering requirement.
- Conducted Requirement Workshops and JAD sessions for requirement gathering with entire team members.
- Reviewed a firm’s compliance with AML rules under FINRA and BSA , which sets forth minimum standards for a firm’s written AML compliance program . The basic tenets of an AML compliance program under FINRA are risk based CIP, EDD , Ongoing training, reporting suspicious activity, etc.
- Created process and data flow diagrams, use cases, UML diagrams and user guides for the program.
- Coordinated closely with data management team to define data requirements . Also created mapping documents for System integration of various transaction processing systems from front end to Document management.
- Helped PO breaking down the epics and creating user stories using vertical slices that deliver’s business value.
- Kept track of Issues, open requirements, delivery dates, reviews and sign-offs and communicated delays.
- Created mock ups and wireframes using Mockup Screens and Balsamiq for stakeholders, compliance analyst, AML analyst, development team, Design team and AML investigators.
- Maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across the deliverables of a project to keep track of the origin, status and end to end tracking of requirements.
- Developed SQL queries, procedures, NVL statements, Joins (Inner, Outer, Left, Right), CTE’s to manipulate and extract data and also to test the data based on the functional requirements.
- After deciding on the technologies I assisted the Technical Architect to determine the API’s that be able to achieve the defined flow of the system based on the defined business process related documentation.
- Worked on API/Web Service Interface Specs in JSON, XML, Swagger Documents, Recite, Sublime text and supporting the development of them.
- Used Oracle WebLogic application server and connected it with Salesforce CRM using oracle cloud adaptor.
- We had also set up on premise oracle SOA suite to capture updates from salesforce to Oracle 11g RDBMS.
- Created JSON and XML documentation using the table oriented format to create the object hierarchy.
- Used swagger to document SOAP and REST based request and responses which consisted of one sentence description of the service, Request object, Response object and the errors to be returned in case of failure. Integrated system using REST/SOAP web service API call
- Helped in data modelling and creating Data marts for advanced analytical reporting like logistic regression, decision trees, Random forests, decision rules and also for tableau reporting.
- Develsoped Test plans, Test case and Test procedures in manual and automated test environments for different testing procedures like black box testing, stress testing, and regression testing.
- Conducted various types of testing including User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and helped in designing and developing test plans and test scripts on SOAP UI .
- Developed tableau reports for senior management based on transactions, Alerts and customer information and visualized trends using Parameterized controlled dashboards having bar graph, scatter plots, pie charts, Heat maps, Sankey charts, geographic Maps and line graphs.
- Facilitated meetings with salesforce admin, developers and Architect we determined the data that has to be ingested in salesforce CRM and how it will be consumed as it had to be used by sales and marketing to manage customers on the front end. Used Bulk API to upload the data and lightning bolt to fetch data from salesforce.
Confidential, O’Fallon, Missouri
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Worked with the business owners in collecting their specifications and needs, partnered with the stakeholders to define, design, develop, test and implement solutions and creating requirements.
- Implemented the Payment Card Industry's Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), Payment Application Data Security Standard and Point-to-Point Encryption for working with sensitive information of customers.
- Elicited requirements by identifying participants, conducting interviews and document analysis and documented the requirements into BRD and SRS and arranged peer reviews, walkthroughs, clarifications and sign off meetings.
- Participated in Backlog grooming, daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint review meetings and sprint retrospective meetings to report on the progress of the project and raise red flags if any.
- Helped the PO and team to split user stories into tasks meeting the SMART criteria into vertical slices that produced maximum business value. Also helped in explaining the business context to other team members.
- Applied Unified Modeling Language (UML) methodologies to design Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, state chart diagrams, component diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Provided technical guidance and support for planned changes to digital Medallia iOS, android and web application.
- Created Data Dictionary to map and create source to target mappings and served as reference for development.
- Created various SQL queries and used Joins, procedures, NVL and ranking operations on the Oracle 11g.
- Assisted the technical architect to map the services within web application for efficient information transfer.
- Developed API that meets the client’s needs, and performed system integration according to SOA architecture by creating Swaggers and API mapping documents and documented the API.
- Tested Web Services, Validated Request and Response XML, SOAP Calls and WSDL using Postman tool. Added data related assertions to validate response XML in Web Services and walked the development team through the requirements/specs.
- Performed Operations process readiness testing by creating a burn up graph to track progress and executed the scenarios based on the timeline and presented the graph to the operation team on a weekly basis.
- Assisted in preparation of User Acceptance Testing (UAT), test plan, Test Cases, Testing Life Cycle schedules and implemented all the test scenarios with the help of QA Team and reported bugs in JIRA.
- Performed UAT of Medallia iOS and web app and tested API’s using Postman and reported bugs.
- Developed reports using Tableau v9.0 to communicate information using advanced visualizations using parameterized and sheet swapping dashboards using Pareto charts, Bar graphs, pie charts and other info graphical solutions and presented it to C-Level.
- Creating monthly and weekly reports on timely basis to monitor various Performance metrics that is helpful for operations department and the COO.
- Created Dashboards on Customer experience, Churn behavior, call reasons, Agent reporting, Complaints, CIMS reporting and IVR for Analysis and presented the findings.
- Determined the factors affecting Customer Churn based on modelling in R and tableau. Created cohort graphs and Vintage graphs to monitor churn behavior.
- Monitoring trends on google analytics regarding customer behavior and summarized and presented the findings.
Environment: Agile-Scrum and waterfall, Bizagi, Medallia, Excel, Tableau v9.0, Minitab, MS Project 2010, SQL, Clover, SOAP UI, Oracle 11g, Postman, SOA, SOAP, Web services, JIRA, Google analytics, R, Bitbucket, PIER, MS Visual Studio.
Confidential, Pennington, New Jersey
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Gathered business and technical requirements by coordinating with source application BAs, Analytics team, Internal and external stakeholders with focus on DW and reporting needs.
- Ensured the Bank Data exposition and Usage was followed to comply with Corporate Technology standards and regulatory requirements.
- Performed impact analysis of any source system change on every aspect of DWH and reports by thoroughly understanding the DW design and reports portfolio .
- Analyzed and gathered requirements for preparation of Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS)
- Identified the requirements and arranged peer reviews, walkthroughs and sign off meetings .
- Assisted the ETL developer to create dimensional model ( Star, Snowflake schema ), slowly changing dimensions, and rapidly changing dimensions and to implement and validated the model.
- Worked on Data Modeling, ER Diagrams, creating tables, Facts and Dimensions .
- Created Data Dictionary to facilitate the mapping from source to destination tables.
- Worked on developing Mappings, Mapplets, Sessions, Workflows and Worklets for data loads using Power Center tools - Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor.
- Designed and developed complex mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources using different transformations such as Pivot, Joins, Expression, Aggregate, Update strategy, Sequence generator, Joiner, Filter, Rank, and Router transformations.
- Performed SQL validation to verify the data extracts in the database tables by writing SQL queries .
- Created Test Case documents in MS Excel template from the Test Plan and the BRD’s.
- Exported Manual Test Cases from MS Excel template directly to SoapUI and executed all the Test Cases Center with Pass/Fail/Blocked status and reported bugs in JIRA.
- Written test cases based on Data completeness, Data quality, Data Transformation, Performance and Scalability, Reporting, Data calculations, Integration testing, Compatibility testing, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Facilitated User Acceptance testing and created the training to use the reporting for various departments. Reported the defects in JIRA which came up during the UAT and facilitated resolution.
- Designed, developed, implemented and supported reporting and dashboard visualization through Tableau.
Environment: DB2, Informatica, SoapUI, Flat Files, Excel, Ms PowerPoint, MS access, Erwin Data Modeler, Tableau, JIRA.
Business System Analyst
- Gathered requirements from various departments. Conducted JAD Sessions as well as one-to-one meetings and created a Reporting specification document.
- Found details such as hardware sizing information, training requirements, data source identification, and most importantly, helped in coordinating the release plan.
- Helped the PO in breaking down epics into Data Origination, Data presentation, data augmentation, Data validation and configuration stories.
- Actively participated in Sprint ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Daily scrum, Sprint review and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Created Reports for Stakeholders by pulling the reports from the staging area and then based on the feedback did transformation and modelling.
- Actively involved in database modeling & in designing the ETL & Reporting Architectures.
- Worked alongside ETL analyst to use Informatica to load data from existing source systems into the data mart.
- Coordinate rollouts of features across projects and product lines
- Used Data mapping and SQL query to check the Data integrity of the reports.
- Helped the ETL team in creating and maintaining data models.
- Performed stress, load and performance testing on the data warehouse.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Informatica, Whitelight, Seagate, JIRA, Confluence, Balsamic Mockups, ODS, Excel, Flat files, Survey data, Web logs.
- Worked on website related implementation flow of the project using wireframes and prototypes using Balsamiq Mockups.
- Developing and Invoking REST API’s and building highly scalable website.
- Did the following tasks: Source code control (Git), Process automation (i.e. Grunt), Code quality tooling (i.e. jshint), Debugging (i.e. Chrome Dev Tools).
- Knowledge of best practices for accessibility and application performance
- Designing and implementing features as well as troubleshoot, debug and fix issues.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- Performed Index Match, sumifs, countifs, offset, VLOOKUP functions to quickly prepare data for reporting.
- Created Reporting in Excel using Pivots, Bar charts, clustered charts, Line graphs, And Pie charts etc.
- Develop tabular models to support ad hoc reporting
- Investigate, troubleshoot and correct data and user related system errors
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with both Subject Matter Experts and Developers
- Estimate development efforts accurately
- Environment: Microsoft SQL server, T-SQL, Crystal Reports