- IT professional with over 8 years of experience in understanding Application Development, Manual/Automation Testing, Process Improvement, Requirement gathering and elicitation. As a Business Systems Analyst, worked closely with business users, developers, and subject matter experts through all phases of the SDLC in different domain like Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Insurance, Retail and Compliance Operations.
- Worked in environment like Agile - Scrum,SAFe4.0, Waterfall, Kanban, Scrumban and Waterfall-Scrum hybrid.
- Knowledgeable about the compliance regulating the mortgage industry like Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA), Homeowners Protection Act (HPA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) and the Fair Housing Act.
- In-depth knowledge in Mortgage Underwriting, Brokerage Services, Commercial Banking, Retail Banking, Asset Wealth Management, Cash Management, Capital Market and Credit Risk Fundamentals.
- Assisted Project manager in Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Budgeting and strong experience in requirement elicitation techniques like Brainstorming, JAD Sessions, Job shadowing and other analysis like GAP and risk analysis, effort estimation, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Monthly financial summary reports.
- Supported the Project Manager in developing Project Charter and Work breakdown structure for managing work.
- Proficient at creating and transforming Business requirements into BRD, FRD/FSD, Technical Specifications document, Software Requirement Specification (SRS) using UML diagrams such as use case diagrams, Business Process models, activity diagrams, data flow diagrams, Sequence diagrams on Lucid Charts and MS Visio.
- Constructed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to determine the source of the requirement, to ensure all requirements are easy to locate without affecting the system components when there is a requirement change.
- Designed Mockups and Wireframes for the requirements to get a visual understanding of the application under development, provided Functional/Technical Consulting for the application with a holistic view.
- Encouraged the development team to follow best practices -Naming Conventions, version control, better exceptions handling, unit testing, source control, continuous integration, continuous deployment, error/exception logging.
- Strong knowledge in mission critical cloud (AWS) based application and various services provided by Amazon Web Services like AWS CloudFormation, AWS CloudWatch, AWS Service Catalog, AWS Systems Manager, AWS CloudTrail, AWS Trusted Advisor, AWS Config, AWS OpsWorks, AWS Lambda, S QS, SNS.
- Experience in SFDC Administrative tasks like creating Profiles, Roles, Users, Page Layouts, Approvals, Workflows, Processes, Flows, Validation rules, Reports and Dashboards and Custom configuration.
- Assisted in performing automated test scripts for testing API using Postman and SoapUI to check if the API’s are returning the data in JSON, XML format as defined in the API documentation using Swagger Tool
- Cultivated experience in working with web services using SOAP, REST, JSON under various architectures - Three-Tier Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), n-Tier architecture.
- Worked on front-end and back-end API’s to define the functionalities of user interface (UI) in application
- Managed all integration projects, enhancements and data migration initiatives as Salesforce Administrator maintained Master Data Integrity; responsible for merging duplicates and keep the database clean.
- Developed Standard Operating Procedure, Training Manual and required documents for the Organization and created User stories with the help of Product Managers/SMEs in Iterative model environment.
- Experience in stakeholders and Senior Management with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, Conflict Management, Vendor Management and Risk Management Onsite/Offshore coordination model.
- In-depth knowledge on implementing Dimensional data modeling (star & snowflakes schema) and as a part of data warehouse project worked on Data Mapping, and Extract Transform Load (ETL) process using various ETL tools like Informatica, Oracle data Integrator, MuleSoft and Data Spider of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Detailed understanding on Data integration, Data Migration, Data table structures, Data Analysis.
- Knowledge of Database concepts including Data Warehousing, Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), Data Marts, OLAP operations: Drill-Down, Roll-Up, Slicing and Dicing and OLTP.
- Worked on Feature Files, Cucumber and Gherkins for Testing in BDD. Utilized Postman testing tool.
- Designed and implemented SQL queries & Stored Procedures using select, insert, having, aliases, joins, unions, group by/order by and aggregate functions to extract data for timely reporting and Validation purposes.
- Proven experience in creating Project plans, Requirements documentation, Test planning documentation.
- Strong experience in creating Test planning, Test scenarios, Test cases for validating Business requirements during User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Apply ultimate test automation tools such as QTP (VB scripting).
- Proficient in functional testing, negative testing, regression testing, System integration testing (SIT), User acceptance Test (UAT), load/performance, security, browser compatibility, and performance testing. Generated multiple reports using different BI tools like Tableau, QlikView and in-house reporting tools.
- Creative and aggressive self-starter with integrative thinking skills, capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal, external, independent, and team environment.
Waterfall, Scrum, Custom Agile /Waterfall: Scrum Hybrid, XP, RUP, SAFe 4.0
Atlassian: JIRA (v.6.3,7.0), HP-ALM (v.11.5), VSTS, MS Project (2010,2013,2016), MS SharePoint Server (2010,2013)
Business Skills: Change Management, Risk Management, Impact Analysis, JAD Sessions, SWOT Analysis, Conflict Management, Effort and Impact analysis, Regression analysis, Why-Why analysis, Problem & Incident Management.
Testing, Modelling and Web services: HPQC (v.11,12), Selenium (v.3.3,3.4,3.5,3.6), Load Runner (v.11.5,12.02), Cucumber (v.2.0,3.0), Postman (v.3,4,5,6), Manual - Excel, MS Visio, Draw.io, Google Drawings, SOAP, REST, AJAX, XML, JSON, WSDL, WADL, XSD, DOM, Salesforce CRM.
Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, R: Studio, Macro Editor, Eclipse, PowerShell, SSAS, Tableau, IBM Cognos, MS office suite.
Databases/ETL: Teradata, MySQL Server, Oracle, SQL Server Management Studio, Informatica Power Center 8.x/9.x, SSIS
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Salesforce
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Conducted Joint Application development (JAD) session, Interviews and Brainstorming Sessions with stakeholders to gather requirements from end user perspectives to identify the functional and nonfunctional Requirements.
- Assisted Project Managers and peer analyst in performing Feasibility and Complexity Analysis to identify technically feasible functionalities and determine the level of effort (LOE) needed to build each of them.
- Identified As-is and To-be process maps as part of Gap Analysis and Risk Analysis for new functionality requirements, and thereafter prioritized them to align them Project Scope, Project goals and Objectives.
- Worked closely as part of a large agile development team involved in development of Cloud based application.
- Identified all the dead leads i.e the data sources and helped others understand the Dead Lead Rejuvenation process and the new and improved HARP Guidelines which the main aspects are in building the application.
- Created UML, use case, Activity diagram, Sequence diagrams and Prototypes (wireframes, mockups) to show the developing team and testing team the workflow and the replica of how the system has to work, in MS Visio.
- Worked towards getting the license of the mortgage calculator and helped the Home Loan Experts.
- Assisted the ETL process by mapping data from source to destination and also helped in various transformation process using Informatica Power center, worked closely with Data Migration and Integration process.
- Used SQL scripts/queries extensively for data verification at the back-end as per the requirements.
- Good understanding of application development in AJAX, MVC and JAVA and Hybrid environment.
- Analyzed the extracted data in AWS analytical services (e.g. Data Pipeline, Machine Learning)
- Maintained defects by prioritizing it against the backlog items and tracked them till completion using JIRA.
- Ensured the team addresses the Cross-site Scripting (XSS) injection attacks by enforcing OWASP practices.
- Used Bulk API, SQS Receive Message API, Amazon API Gateway, REST API (mainly RESTful API) for the applications in the organization’s private cloud on the AWS platform using AWS CloudTrail.
- Actively monitor tasks and efforts on Amazon CloudWatch, perform UAT assisted in Systems Integration Testing and route the test cases to test suite making sure the Requirements are matched and meets the acceptance criteria.
- Was involved in the creating Test Plan, Test Scenario and Test Cases to provide a holistic view of the system
- Conducted Systems Integration Testing (SIT), Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, White Box Testing, Black Box Testing, Sanity Testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in both manual and automation test environment.
Environment: Agile-scrum, AWS, Jira 7.0, Informatica Power center, MS Office Suite, Eclipse IDE, MySQL, REST API, Informatica Power center Selenium v3, MS Project, DB2, MS Visio
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Business System Analyst
- Understood the existing system by understanding POS system on Test Environment to perform GAP analysis and documented the results in As-Is and To-Be categories to generate the business requirements from the clients.
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting, expense reporting, risk management, status reporting, and execution. Conducted JAD sessions, focus group, Interviews and Brainstorming Sessions with stakeholders to gather requirements and end user perspectives to identify deficiencies and areas for improvement.
- Deployed the Salesforce Data Analytics Cloud for the intelligent flagging of exceptions as per the business requirement by using Machine Learning and Deep Learning and use of streaming API for the Einstein App.
- Provided Business Rules for the exceptions flagging in the Data Analytics Einstein App from the application center (app store) for the mortgage Underwriters and to produce various kind of reports when needed.
- Developed project plans with forecasts, estimates, resource assignments, strategy and architecture for clients in alignment with business plans. Created WBS and identified & managed risks using MS Project.
- Map projects for budget tracking. Created Risk mitigation plans. Collaborated with participants to determine product timeline. Managed end-to-end delivery. Managed the technical team, which consisted of 15 members.
- Conducted Agile Scrum Meetings to review the day to day progress when Scrum Master was out of office.
- Coordinated with the other business analysts and assisted in Data modeling, Data mapping and Data extraction & Integration in the data mart by using the Informatica Power center from the legacy systems.
- Maintained defects by prioritizing it against the backlog items and tracked them till completion using JIRA.
- Used Bulk API, Streaming API, REST API and Soap API for the applications in the salesforce cloud.
- Participated in requirement walkthroughs with the Development teams and Quality Assurance teams with the aim to develop testing strategies, test scenarios and test plans such that test cases reflect user needs.
- Analyzed Requirements from Black Box testing perspective. Reviewed Test Strategy and Test Plans to ensure that test cases reflect user needs for the functional, UI, Performance, Usability and Security requirements
- Conducted Systems Integration Testing (SIT), Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, White Box Testing, Black Box Testing, Sanity Testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in both manual and automation test environment
Environment: Agile Scrum, Salesforce: Marketing and Data Analytics cloud, Einstein Application, Sandbox, Jira 7.0, Confluence 6.0, MS Project, Oracle SQL Server, Informatica Power center, Postman, MS Office Suite.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Business System Analyst / Salesforce Administrator
- Used SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies like Waterfall.
- Functioned closely with the Corporate business team, control teams and technology teams to understand the end to end process, data security and Federal regulatory documents and compliance related procedures.
- Excelled the AS-IS and TO-BE business process and developed the GAP Analysis and Impact Analysis.
- Documented and presented them in Vision and BRDs, FRD using Rational Requisite pro and Power Designer.
- Facilitated the “Change Discussions” with each impacted group long before the training begins.
- Provided Salesforce.com System administrative, custom config and technical support for the company.
- Manage Users and Security profiles in accordance with corporate policy via setting various permission sets.
- Maintain and create custom objects, fields, Profiles, Roles, Workflows, Page Layouts in Salesforce.
- Responsible for sandbox environments and change management deployments also maintained and Created standard, ad-hoc reports/dashboards and the accuracy of the data is ensured in Salesforce.
- Responsible for maintenance and administration of multiple Salesforce environments build on classic and lightning platforms. Configuration and management of 3rd party AppExchange applications was also done.
- Interacted thoroughly with a set of stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SME) for requirements.
- Processed change requests, Gap analysis and impact analysis for issue resolutions/escalations.
- Assisted Testing teams to build test plans and involved in Progression testing and Regression testing. Approved test cases for requirement verification and to check the functionality of the application.
Environment: Waterfall, Requisite Pro, Power Designer, Rational Rose, Salesforce CRM: Marketing and sales cloud, ClearQuest, Test Manager, MS Visio, MS Project, UML-Rational Rose, AppExchange
Business Analyst / UI Developer
- Interacted with client groups to determine user requirements and goals which align with the business scope. Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure, develop process, standards and procedures.
- Created Need Analysis Documents of the requirements gathered through JAD, Brainstorming, Observations, Interviewing and individual elicitation sessions using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Analyzed business requirements into high level and low-level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams / Sate chart Diagrams, sequence diagrams, using Rational Rose following UML methodology.
- Assisted in preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP). Followed RUP quality Assurance and Testing Process. Interfacing with program management and executive teams regarding quality assurance goals.
- Assisting in managing content on multiple brand websites, Web analytics and required reports are generated.
- Monitoring industry trends and relevant competitor insights, Assisting with product information management.
- Queried databases using SQL scripts for validating the data generated by the UATs.
- Set up definitions and process for test phases including Product test, integration test, system test and user acceptance test (UAT). Participated in entering, tracking system defects in Rational ClearQuest.
Environment: SQL, IBM Cognos, MS Office, DB2, SharePoint, MS Visio, UML, Rational Rose, Jira, Windows XP
- Interaction with the users at all stages of development to ensure that development was as per user specifications.
- User requirements study, analysis and review of Specification Designed and Implemented the J2EE Based with JDBC in Eclipse IDE. Using XML for dynamic display of options in select box and description on web page
- Worked with management, third parties to ensure database management applications operate at peak efficiency.
- Strong Knowledge of Core Java and multithreading, Experience building and/or using RESTful web services.
- Proficiency in Java (Java 1.7/Java 1.8), Spring Framework, Jenkins, Gradle, and GitHub.
- Was responsible for Code Analysis, Code merge and maintaining the release branch.
- Worked on Java server-side programming using Servlets, and JSP. Used CSS, HTML and XML markup.
- Implemented servlets to handle HTTP requests for online credit card payments, registration and bug tracking.
- Designed complex application database SQL statements for querying, updating and reporting using JDBC.
- Developed JUnit test cases and performed integration and system testing. Implemented & Deployed Java components.