- Over9+years of experience as a Sr. Business Analystin leveraging technology to build value driven solutions inHealthcare, Finance, Banking, Insurance, andGRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance) domains.
- Result - driven professional managingSDLC usingAgile-Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid and Waterfall methodologies.
- Managed projects where enterprise productsweredeployed, maintained and migrated both on-premise andon cloud-- AWS EC2, AWS CloudWatch, AWS Lambda, AWS relational database, Amazon Redshift&AWSS3 Bucket.
- Managedbig dataprojectsinvolving tools likeHadoop, HDFS, Hive, Flume, Sqoop, HBase, MapReduce, Kafka & Spark.
- Managed projects which were strictly governed by compliances set up by the regulatory bodies like SEC,CFTC, FINRA,CFPB, FFIEC andFinCENimplementing Dodd Frank Act, BSA/AML, Consumer Protection Act, SOXand OCCregulations.
- Proficient inassessing Project feasibility throughCost-benefit analysis, SWOT analysis, Break-even analysis, What-if analysis,Monte-Carlo method, Impact Analysis, Regression Analysis, Gap analysis, and PESTLE Analysis.
- Documented Risk register, Risk Management Plan, Risk Prioritizationthrough assessment, analysis, and identification of risk at an early stage,Root cause identification, Sensitivity Analysis& Risk Analysis.
- Experienced in assessing, analyzing and taking trade-off decisions to maintain a balance between the triple constraints of scope, budget and schedule; maintain quality and employ appropriate project communication plan.
- Managed project stakeholders through building stakeholder matrix, engaging stakeholders through appropriate stakeholder engagement plan, proper elicitation methods and resolving stakeholder conflicts using the RACI matrix.
- Assisted in calculatingEarned Value Management (EVM) to monitor and track project progress, helped measure costand schedule variance, and determine estimate to complete (ETC)using Actual Cost and Estimate at Completion (EAC).
- Well experienced in ITIL change management process, including Configuration management, problem management, service continuity management, knowledge management, and release and deployment management.
- Experienced in requirements gathering techniques such as Interviewing, Questionnaire/Surveys,Observation, Document Analysis, JAD Sessions, Interface Analysis, Focus Group, Brainstorming and Requirements Workshop.
- Helped to break epics into user stories to be incorporated into Sprint execution for better estimation of story points using different methods like the Planning Poker, Bucket SizeandDot-Voting.
- Helped Force-rank the user stories with Prioritization techniques like MoSCoW, Kano Model & Value Stream Mapping.
- Documented the Product Backlog Items, the user stories and tasks, are as per the INVEST and SMART criteria.
- Participated in Scrum meetings like Scrum Planning, Daily Stand-up, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospectionusingmethods like ORID, Starfish and Safety Check to ensure that team members openly discuss the issues faced by them.
- Created and curated the high-levelBusiness Requirement Document, Functional Requirement Document and low-level System Requirement Specification documents as per the stakeholders’ requirements.
- Used technical best practices like continuous integration methods, test-driven development (TDD), Behavioral driven development (BDD), AcceptanceTest Driven Development ( ATDD ), pair programming ,& open team environments.
- Grasped Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery practices with tools like Jenkins to deliver the CI/CD pipeline.
- Well acquainted with Workflows and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Cases, Sequence diagrams, Activity diagramsand Class diagrams using MS- Visio to support system design.
- Expertise in High Fidelity and Low Fidelity interactive Graphic User Interface Design (GUI), wireframes and UI mock-ups using Balsamiqand Axure RP.Built,previewed and tested prototypesusing tools like Proto.io.
- API&Web Services Testing& documentationin Open API Specification (OAS 3.0)using Postman, Soap UI and Swagger tools.Knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML and JSON, Parsers like SAX and DoM, REST and SOAP APIs.
- Well-versed in Tableau to create innovative and interactive executive dashboards, scorecards and weekly/ monthly reports on the status of key business measurements and increased sales and marketingopportunities
- Experienced in Data Profiling, Data Modeling, Data Mapping and Reconciliation& ETL process consisting of extracting data from various sources, Data Cleansing, Transformation and loading it into thedesiredData Warehouse. Performed OLAP operations like Roll up, Drill down, Slicing, Dicing and Pivot to provide a multidimensional view of the data.
- Used complex SQL to retrieve data and validate using Joins, Views, Aggregate functions (Min, Max, Sum & Avg) and created Triggers and Stored Procedures. Have used Informatica PowerCenter for ETL transformations - Source Qualifier Transformation, Filter Transformation, Aggregate, Rank Transformation and Joiner Transformation.
- Ensured functional implementation of Business Requirements & System Requirements through User Acceptance Testing, writing Test Plans and Test Case scenarios, maintainedartifacts such as Test Log, Test Reports,&Defects log.
- Proficient in analyzing payback period using NPV, IRR (Internal rate of Return), &Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) analysis.
- Involved in different phases of Product development lifecycle of different products in different projects.
Agile: Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe ) 4.6), ScrumXP, Waterfall, Kanban, Scrumban
Business Skills: Business Process Analysis and Design, Root Cause Analysis, Conflict Management, Data Modelling, SWOT Analysis, JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, Microsoft SharePoint 2013, GitHub, Salesforce
Platform: AWS Cloud (EC2, Redshift, RDS, CloudWatch, IAM, API Gateway,Lex,S3), Windows
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Mock Up Screens, Wireframes
Reporting Tools: Tableau, MS Excel, Gantt Charts, Power BI
Big Data: Apache Hadoop, HDFS, Sqoop, Flume, Hive, MapReduce, Kafka
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint 2013, MS Project, MS VISIO
Defect Management: JIRA
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center ALM, Postman, Swagger,Cucumber
Languages: JAVA J2EE, PLSQL, SQL, HTML, XML
Relational Databases: MySQL, Oracle 11g/12c
Data Warehousing: Data Modeling, Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Slicing/Dicing, Drill Up/ DrillDown, Pivot, InformaticaPowerCenter 9.x
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Sr. Business System Analyst
ROLES & RESONSIBILITIES
- Participated in discussions withkey stakeholders&SMEs in brainstorming sessions to fill up the playbook provided by the business, identify the gaps& do impact analysis.
- Held grooming sessions to groom the features and business enablers and decide acceptance criteria for the features that were decided for Team Breeze in PI7.
- Participated in PI7 planning to understand the mission and vision of Confidential for the current PI and beyond.
- Updated the RTC and the Acceptance Criteria as per discussions with the team, PO and the Scrum Master.
- Helped team members by drawing any logical diagrams if needed.
- Participated in boot camp sessions to understand the basics of Confidential architecture and different platforms that are being worked on currently.
- Attended the SAFe 4.6 training for teams with the other team members under the guidance of the agile coach.
- Tried to coordinate with PO and Scrum Master and also the development teams to understand the requirements, and the end-to-end architecture of the flow of data in Salesforce.
Environment: SAFe 4.6, Salesforce, MS Office Suite 2016, RTC, Sharepoint, Cisco Webex
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Sr. Business System Analyst
ROLES & RESONSIBILITIES
- Involvedkey stakeholders&SMEs in brainstorming sessions to identify the gaps&do impact analysis.Participatedin JAD review sessions& determined if the requirements are enough to proceed with the product development.
- Worked as a proxy product owner in the Product Owner’s absence, Keeping PO in loop, to coordinate with our client team and development team to make sure expectations are set and all deliverables are met on schedule.
- Assisted the project manager to create the project kick-off documents, project charter and assisted the product owner in drafting the product vision and product roadmap,built stakeholder matrix and stakeholder engagement plan.
- Helped the product owner to break down the enhancement requirements into user stories in backlog grooming meetings,document them and help him prioritize the user storiesin the product backlog using MoSCoWmethod as per the Acceptance Criteria.Assisted him to ensure that the user stories and tasks meet the INVEST and SMART criteria.
- Created the project risk register, provided mitigation plans & proactively managed escalation of issues.
- Developed Use Case, Activity Diagrams and Class Diagrams with UML usingVisioto give clarity to the team.
- Documented the details of the two-weekdesign sprint building clickable prototype designsusing Proto.ioandwireframes using Balsamiq toolby validating by engaging end users to reduce risk of requirement churn.
- Participated in the architectural and design phase of the project. Collaborated with the System Architect to document the End-to-end three-tier architecture comprising of data marts at the backend, the Webserver at the middle and the UI at the front. Aim was to ensure that the model confirms to the 7 V’s of big data analytics to gain deeper understanding of the strategies and practices of HFT: Variety, Variability, Velocity, Volume, Value, Veracity and Visualization.
- Ensured that real time data is getting ingested by the Kafka platform and processing pipelines are created.
- Helped define and document the business rulesinmachine learning platform with the help of data analysts. Segregated the false-positive alerts and captured anomalous behavior of the clients using Clustering&Regression analysis.
- Ensured that the quantitative models developed in Pythonareback tested& stored in the repository.
- Collaborated with the Data Analysts to ensure that data queried from HIVE using HQLis as per the compliances defined.
- Verified with the technical team that the In-memory data caches are storing data for rapid pre-trade compliance checks.
- Participated in the scrum meetings like Scrum planning, daily stand up, Sprint review &Sprint retrospective meetings.
- Built JIRA boards to manage product backlog and ongoing sprint and added necessary charts for tracking project performance such as the Release burn up andSprint burn down chart; built and maintained Project Confluence page.
- Collaborated with the QA Team to create and implement test plan and test casesfor User Acceptance Testing(UAT), used Cucumber to test these scenarios, performedIntegration Testing, Regression Testing and Performance Testing.
- Tested REST APIs using Postman and documented them using Swagger.
- Collectedreports from Tableauandensured that they are generated with suitable alert levelsas per client’s requirements and scenarios can be reconstructed to collect evidence for investigation (if needed).
- Ensured auditdata is configurable, accessed by regulators, management &other stakeholders& followed the required Governance, Risk & Compliance platforms, safeguard data privacy, protection & automate SOX compliance processes.
- Ensured that the data stored followscompliances defined by regulatory bodies like SEC, FINRA and CFTC.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, Apache Hadoop 2.8.0, HDFS, Apache Flume1.7.0, Yarn,Apache Spark 2.1, Apache Kafka V2, MapReduce Version2,Apache HBase,RESTAPIs, OAuth 2.0, API, Swagger 2.0, Postman 3.0, JIRA 7.0, Proto V3, BalsamiqV3, JenkinsV2, Tableau 10.1.1, MS Office Suite 2016.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Senior Business Analyst
- Facilitatedinterviews,cross-functional working sessions with Product Owner, Line of Business managers,stakeholders& SMEs to refine the projectscope& document the requirements inRequirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Assisted the project manager in preparing project charter, project roadmaps and project kick-off documents.
- Performed Feasibility study, Adaptability and Risk analysis, Gap (As-IS and To-Be analysis) and Impact Analysis to identify the business critical and high-risk areas,performed JAD sessions, interface analysis,with all stakeholders.Consolidated&documented user requirements or the transformation project to AWS cloud.(IaaS).
- Created and gathered all the requirements in the high-levelBusiness Requirement Document (BRD)/Functional Specification Document (FRD) and low-level System Requirements Specification Document (SRS).
- Documented the user stories, use cases, functional and non-functional requirements, the data flow, activity, use-case and sequence diagrams with special detail to sub-processes using UML.
- Collaborated with the project manager on sprint planning, daily stand up meetings, and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Participated in Sprint review demos with stakeholders to track project progress, captured views from the stakeholders.
- Documented conceptual, logical & physical data models to clarify the requirements during the design phase.
- Worked with the corporate technology transition team to train, mentor and provide inputs to the team members.
- Defined& builtstakeholder map, resource planning, project cost &schedule plan with the project manager.
- Created mock-up screens, prototyping storyboards and UI/UX with HTML and MS Visio.
- Reviewed data mapping, data profiling, data validation& reconciliation with process mapping documents.
- Ensured that best practices are followed before migration. Data properly cleansed &documented, mock runs performed before actual migration, contingency plan like migration rollback in place, cutover period strictly maintained,change management effectively embraced. Informatica’s sophisticated data integration capabilities should synchronize, replicate, transform data for ingestion.
- Performed different transformations in Informatica like the Source Qualifier Transformation, Aggregator Transformations, Filter Transformations, Joiner Transformations, Rank Transformation and Sorter Transformation.
- Provided clarity on user stories to the development team, defined acceptance criteria, added any necessary documentation as inputs to the stories and provided sign-off on user stories to mark them as “ready”.
- Identifiedproject performance metrics, planned & procuredtool licensesto capture &monitortheKPIs.
- Prepared Final Practice Run & Go-Live environments for Smoke tests after deployment, assisted QA Analysts in creating Test cases &Test Scenarios, performed Regression, UAT testing, performance testing&System IntegrationTesting.
- Tested REST API using Postman, documentedand validated APIs as per OAS (OpenAPI Specification) compliances.
- Developed ad-hoc reports, interactive dashboards to visualize data, filter-on-demand, slice & dice data using Tableau.
- Ensured that the data migrated is compliant with FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards), FedRAMP (Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program),the Gramm-Leach -Bliley Actand those defined by FFIEC and FINRA.
Environment: Water-Scrum-Fall, AWS Lambda, Amazon Dynamo DB, S3, Kinesis, Amazon CloudWatch, REST APIs, MySQL v5, OAS 2.0, Swagger 2.0, Postman 3.0, Jenkins V1, Tableau V9, Proto V5, Balsamiq V3,JIRA6.0,OAuth 2, Informatica PowerCenter V 9.5,Slack
Confidential, Hartford, CT
ROLES & RESONSIBILITIES
- Elicited requirementsusing structured and unstructured interviews, JAD and JRP sessions and document analysis.
- Ensured proper requirements are captured for reports,and data is capturedbetween source &target.
- Performed Gap& Impact Analysis, built a roadmapwith the stakeholders to deliver the vision &break functional silos.
- Created and curated the BRD, FRD and SRS documents as per the stakeholders’ requirements and the goals mentioned in the project charter. Worked with the Project Manager to develop the project plan and delivery/status reports.
- Reviewed requirements& functional/non-functional design specificationsto ensure full understanding of deliverables along withproviding alternate solutions for mapping business needs with Salesforce.
- Documented the requirements for integratingthe Sales cloudfor lead conversion and accurate forecasts. The Service Cloud provided Solution management to the customers with auto suggestions exposed via customer portal.
- Documented conceptual, logical and physical data models to clarify the end-to-end requirement of the team.
- Helped remove inter team dependencies and coach the new members regarding the process flow.
- Reviewed data mapping, data profiling, data validation and reconciliationwith process mapping documents& provided inputs. Requirements mapped using use case diagrams, sequence diagrams andactivity diagrams.
- Tested mappings and workflows by loading data into the datawarehouse and validation of Business object reports.
- Collaborated with SystemsTeam to integrate Salesforce&reduce time-to-market of new services with fintech partners.
- Assisted QA Teams in API, UI, Smoke Test,Integration Test, User Acceptance Test, Regression Tests, Load and Performance Testsusing Postman and documentation using Swagger tools.
- Made sure that the reports generated were customizable by business users, with proper security controls and integrated analytics across all apps.
Environment: Waterfall, MySQL V5.0,BalsamiqV2, MS Office suite 2013, MS-Visio,MySQL V5.0, CRM Salesforce, MuleSoft V3.4
ROLES & RESONSIBILITIES
- Gathered requirements using interviews, brainstorming & JADsessions with SMEs &extensively worked with the team to definebusiness rules & algorithms to price the loan application&perform automated underwriting.
- Used Business Process Diagrams to document the mortgage lifecycle, calculated Loan to Value ratio, Debt to income ratio, negative equity, amortization period to provide end-to-end clarity to the clients.
- Assisted in Business Process Reengineering to automate certain processes, reducing production cost &increasingROI.
- Conducted Risk analysis and Cost-Benefit Analysis in implementing the new loan origination system.
- Participated in defining the REST architecture to communicate with third party applications such as Credit APIs, FHA Electronic Appraisal Delivery and other APIs using HTTP methods using CRUD operations- GET, POST, PUT and DELETE. The system includes Collateral Management, Compliance Management and Credit checking.
- Aggregated team objectives,tracked &resolvedimpediments & escalated the status to relevant stakeholders.
- Assisted in designing the Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Strategies and Test Plans for all processing using HP QC, hence developed the test scripts considering different testing such as Black Box Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing and User Acceptance Testing. Also maintained the Bug logs and the Implementation Notice consisting of the approved changesfor the system performed during the implementation phase.
Environment: Waterfall, REST API,MySQL V5.0, Microsoft Office Suite 2010, Lucid Chart, Teradata
Junior Business Analyst
ROLES & RESONSIBILITIES
- Gathered requirements from using elicitation techniques like interviews, document analysis, and brainstorming.
- Helped document the Product owner details regarding the project scope and project charter.
- Documentedhigh-level Business Requirement Document, high-levelFunctional Requirement Document&detailed System Requirement Specification.
- Designed and developed flowcharts detailing use cases as per the requirements of the stakeholders.
- Participated in daily stand-up meetings, Sprint Review Meetings, Sprint Retrospection Meetings anddocumented details about the velocity and capacity of the team.Acted as a coach and a project guide.
- Participated in daily/weekly meetings with management along with Project Manager to discuss the status of the project, tried to bridge the gaps between teams and coordinated the solutions discussed to the team members.
- Engaged in meetings to improve software development product quality assurance, documented bugs, & system enhancements. Conducted UAT, SIT &Regression testing with the QA analysts, documented all test cases & test plans.
- Part of the in command central team to fix mission critical issues during go-live process.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, MySQL, Microsoft Office 2007, Lucid Chart, SSO/SSI
ROLES & RESONSIBILITIES
- Analyzed & participated in requirements gathering and discussions.
- Ran prechecking scripts before final bill run and resolved issues.
- Generated bills and prepared final PDF invoices and delivered it to the client team.
- Created and modified data tables, stored procedures, functions & indexes.
- Fixed system bugs and deployed changes in Production environment.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data Warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Data Modeling like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables.
- Uploadingthe configuration scripts in test environment, testing configuration by running billing& invoicing processes.
Environment: Waterfall, MySQL, Microsoft Office 2003, OracleDatabase 9.