- Over 8 years of Business Analyst experience in process analytics, application development, implementation and project portfolio management.
- Profound knowledge and experience with different SDLC methods like Agile, waterfall and spiral.
- Expert of conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions, meetings, focus group discussions with the stakeholders, business users and SME's to obtain domain level information of projects.
- Hands on experience of creating Functional Requirements (FRD) and Business Specifications (BRD), Use Cases, business models, algorithms and various UML diagrams which include class, sequence, collaboration, activity, state - chart and swim lane diagrams.
- In-depth understanding of Gap analysis for AS-IS and TO-BE business processes.
- Excellent skills in Performance Management to support strategic planning, goal setting, strengthen accountability, enhance decision making.
- Clear comprehension of Business Process Re-engineering and Reverse engineering.
- Expert of Impact analysis (Feasibility Analysis, cost/benefit analysis, Risk Analysis) for Change Management and Configuration Management.
- Exceptional Documentation Skills for writing Use Cases and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) as well as for creating Use Case diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, State Diagrams, Status Reporting, Spreadsheets, Data Quality Analysis, Diagrams based on UML Methodology and business process flow diagrams using MS Visio/Enterprise Architect.
- Involvement with clear, traceable requirement gathering using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis, task and workflow analysis, brainstorming, focus groups, prototyping,
- Experience in creating step-by step technical and user manuals with illustrations, designing, implementing new processes and technologies.
- Collaborating among cross functional teams to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Proficient in Project planning, resource, monitoring, scheduling and project portfolio management.
- Experience working with the QA Testing Team for creating and reviewing test plan and test cases; manual testing and conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Extensive experience with data analysis including data modeling, data mapping, data management and data validation.
- Strong analytical, process-oriented, problem-solving/issues-resolution skills along with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent team player, problem solver and self-driven consultant.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista, Linux
Methodologies: RUP, Waterfall (SDLC), Agile, Scrum
Change Management Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Quest, UML
Languages: Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, ETL, Power designer, Pig, VB Script
Testing/Tools Tracking: HP Quality Center (HP QC), Jira, TeamPulse, Rally, BPM Oracle C, Rally
Tools: MS-Project, MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, WordPerfect Productivity Tools, MS-Visio, Mockup screen, SnagIt, OBIEE, COGNOS BI, TEXT Report, Flume, Sqoop
Databases: MS-SQL Server, ORACLE, MS-Access, HUE, H Base, Teradata, Hadoop.
Confidential, Jacksonville, Florida
Sr. Business / Systems Analyst
- The project is to implement integrated data warehouse which is a scalable BI platform that can adapt to the speed of the business by providing relevant, accessible, timely, connected and accurate data for Crowley. We also developed a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) as part of process impartments.
- Crowley transformation journey includes new applications like Ericsson Billing System. The key components of this IDW platform is to deliver user centric design that focus on understanding the real internal (IT) and external (Business) end user needs to facilitate innovative solution like data ingestion, data preparation, data dispatch and integrated data catalogue. It will enable Crowley to gather future BI and provide access to Crowley Enterprise Data, so the business community can be more focused on leveraging data for business insights and decision making.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system with the new business requirements and translating user requirement into functional usable specs.
- Worked on product backlog tracking tool Rally. Agile scrum experience with sprint planning, retrospective, road map planning and user story grooming.
- Used different tools to crate business process modeling (BPM) to illustrate the system functionality.
- Conducted JAD sessions and SME review sessions to gather requirements from the SMEs to facilitate process reengineering.
- Created process flows and use case document to provide a detailed flow of reporting requirement RRQ.
- Used MS Visual studio, Mockup screen and screen it in support to program and for presentation during the meeting.
- Experience in assisting with development of the acceptance criteria with the migration of user stories.
- Created and Maintained Requirement Traceability matrix (RTM) to map test cases with business requirements throughout the project and also did data mapping, helped DA in updating the data dictionary.
- Worked closely with data architect’s DA as they were part of the team downstream helped them in source to target mapping and have better understanding in LDM, PDM and CDM.
- Developing and implemented data warehouse and business intelligence solutions with emphasis around big data analysis and web analytics.
- Worked in Time boxed waterfall environment 4-month sprint and worked in two weeks’ agile sprint later when they changed Crowley SDLC process. Attended workshop for agile tool Rally.
- Excellent knowledge of User acceptance testing (UAT), Smoke testing, Regression testing Performance testing and Functional testing.
- Experience with various database and ETL technologies and approaches relating to data warehousing and business intelligence.
Environment: Microsoft Visual Studio, HP QC, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word, PL/SQL, Microsoft Visio, CRA Wiz, HMDA Wiz, TFS, Outlook, Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop, Oracle, JIRA
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Business Systems Analyst
- The project is about data migration process for Confidential internal business. This will enable to have access on fast and accurate data for their future business intelligence purpose from the new system. Responsible for understanding and creating Business Requirements. Gather business requirements; perform business needs assessments, determine technical requirements, and establish and execute project plans. Provide explanations and recommendations via written and oral communication.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with various department heads relating to the network requirements of the organization, provide recommendations and detailed information in connection to software and hardware products and services available. Propose solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing the company's needs.
- Interviewed Business Users to gather Requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead. Facilitated JAD sessions and gathered business requirements.
- Conducted Gap Analysis and extensive data analysis for process reengineering.
- Used MS Visual Studio, Mockup screen and screen it in support to program and for presentation during the meeting.
- Help the project ream to implement SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) by providing technical documentation.
- Wrote detailed business requirements document. Derived functional specification and system requirements from business requirements.
- Collaborated with ERP implementation team which changed the company culture and assisted the company's transition from a paper to an electronic system.
- Created RACI charts to help the project team define roles and responsibilities and establish accountability.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability matrix (RTM) to map test cases with business requirements throughout the project and also did data mapping, helped DA in updating the data dictionary.
- Created use case scenarios and documented work flow and business process.
- Coordinated with team members to write test plans and test cases.
- Established a traceability matrix to keep track of various requirements and ensuring that each requirement was developed and tested.
- Created Business Process Modeling (BPM) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using different tools and linked the future business process with the models for GAP analysis.
- Analyzed and performed root cause analysis on various defects and bugs and then passed them for resolution to appropriate development team.
- Analyzed department activities and recommended possible IT solutions and improvements. Research, evaluate and recommend technologies for improved systems security and efficiency of operations.
- Conducted user acceptance testing to ensure that developed systems satisfied the needs of business client as specified in the functional requirement.
- Assigned pass or fail status and managed UAT testing results. Wrote reports of findings and made recommendation for changes.
Environment: Microsoft Visual Studio, JIRA, HP QC, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word, PL/SQL, Microsoft Visio, CRA Wiz, HMDA Wiz, TFS, Outlook, Oracle, Teradata, Lawson ERP
Confidential, Boston, MA
- The project was to implement a web solution for the state’s health insurance exchange (HIX). The launch of a system will provide the end-to-end functionality required to support an ACA-compliant Marketplace and State Wrap, the unique Massachusetts program that offers additional state premium assistance to help make health insurance more affordable for thousands of residents.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Experience with Patient or Healthcare Portal projects.
- Conducted JAD sessions to gather requirements from the SMEs in process of creating Business requirement document (BRD) and system requirement document (SRS).
- Constantly reviewed and updated the Business Requirements Document (BRD) for scoping purposes.
- Created process flows and use case document to provide a detailed flow of events.
- Defining functional requirement & process workflows, and drive development & QA efforts needed to successfully support legislative update & clients-driven functional and technology enhancement.
- Worked on Medicaid and Medicare claims processing for all 837Professional, institutional, dental and pharmacy (NCPDP) claims.
- Utilize SQL server to run basic queries and obtain necessary data for Medicaid and Medicare Encounters.
- Document current business processes, business flows, rules and perform each task of the SDLC process.
- Created and Maintained Requirement Traceability matrix (RTM) to map test cases with business requirements throughout the project, user stories, wireframes, mockup screen and centive web service codes.
- Interacted with client and the Technical Team for requirement gathering and translation of Business Requirement to Technical Specifications.
- Worked with SMEs and business analyst to create a program determination rules document and track the requirements in HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management).
- Execute process maps for Affordable Care Act System Implementation.
- Assisted UAT Team.
Environment: Microsoft Visual Studio, JIEA, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word, PL/SQL, Microsoft Visio, CRA Wiz, HMDA Wiz, TFS, Outlook, Oracle, Teradata, Oracle, PowerCenter
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Developed an enterprise wide integrated system, encapsulating different lab, doctors and hospital systems. The project required the addition of new features that were brought about by transactions in the HIPAA 5010 code. These transactions included the transfer of monies between the providers and the Medicare program. The project would allow these transactions to be processed faster and in a more efficient manner.
- Conducted GAP analysis around the identification of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, requirements and assumptions.
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with all the project directors and stakeholders. Created process workflows, functional specifications and project initiation artifacts.
- Work with EDI (835/837), HIPPA and other Healthcare related rules and provide functional related support to the respective projects.
- Worked closely with QA and Developers to clarify/understand functionality, resolve issues and provided feedback to nail down the bugs.
- Involved in HIPAA/EDI Medical Claims Analysis, Design, Implementation and Documentation. Involved in preparing the Test Scenarios for Health Care Claim Payment/Advice.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- The project was to create MMIS enhancements to add new functionality to allow the Legacy VA MMIS to support providers as they convert to Electronic Health Records and to allow the Legacy MMIS to process claims using the new transaction codes. It offers one-on-one support for people dealing with chronic conditions, or severe and complex illnesses, provides for member’s health needs to be integrated throughout the entire continuum of services to ensure coordination of care.
- Gathered requirements from business managers, supervisors, data governance team and the subject matter experts through meetings to understand needs of the system.
- Conducted JAD sessions with stakeholders to analyze system needs and integrate requirement to develop a consistent navigation structure.
- Created business workflows on the claims module for the client to get a better understanding of the software and prepared a detailed BRD including all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Conducted gap analysis to update from old MMIS to new MMIS.
- Responsible for business analysis, requirement specifications, project planning and identifying the resources and implementation of the project.
- Created functional flow diagrams, context diagrams and other high-level UML diagrams for documenting the functionality of separate modules using MS Visio and UML.
- Implemented traceability matrix and business requirements specification document verified the functionality coverage.
- Used MS project to maintain the project schedule and track its status.
Jr. Data Analyst
- Confidential Bank & Trust provides full real estate life-cycle, integrated solution to investors, asset managers and brokers worldwide. The project was to implement a comprehensive trading system for asset management business. The system handles the trading of equity, fixed income and derivative for listed and OTC market. It enables its users to simultaneously trade a comprehensive set of securities, track live P&L values and examine exposure to shifting market prices, interest rates, volatility, yield-curve assumptions and other risks.
- Understanding and analyzing the requirements of clients by conducting meetings.
- Prepared and analyzed AS IS and TO BE in the existing architecture and performed Gap Analysis and created workflow scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the Business Process and various business scenarios and activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Gathered business requirements from traders, portfolio managers, asset managers and risk management group to identify and map detailed current processes and develop functional requirements that supported overall strategy, goals and objectives.
- Identified Use Cases from the functional requirements and wrote Use Case Specifications and created business process workflow diagrams in MS Visio.
- Conduct analysis on Trading Lifecycle in front office to back office systems and documented with diagrams.
- Worked with developers to develop and document technical specifications of system document.
- Worked with Financial Analysts on Fixed Income Analysis (Pricing, Risk, Yield, Duration and Recommended Strategy) with Excel to support trading and reviewed with portfolio manager and traders.
- Assisted Risk Management Group in Financial and Risk Analysis on calculation of PV and other key trade metrics (e.g. Breakeven Rate)
- Acted as liaison between management and development team for requirements and QA testing during the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phase and involved in user interfaces, requirements and data modeling sessions.
- Created user manuals and provided to business users as part of the change management process.