- Results oriented Business Analyst with 8+ years of versatile background in creating framework arrangements in the Accounting, Finance, and Banking Industries.
- Specialized in developing and executing IT and business strategies to produce value to the business customers.
- Competent in General Ledger, Accounting Principles, Transaction Management, Risk and Compliance
- Profound Knowledge of GASB, FASAB, Sarbanes - Oxley Act Compliance, BASEL II, and Tax accounting rules Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) regulations and laws such as Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) that call for greater transparency to create a definitive strategy and real-time visibility across the organizations which led effective mitigation of risks and ensure compliance with contracts, regulations, GAAP and internal accounting policies.
- Implemented technologies like SAP, Amazon Web Services platform & it’s components in projects related to Accounting and Finances such as Automated Clearing House, clearing of equity securities of Prime Brokerage clients
- Competent in operating on Cost Accounting, General Ledger accounting, Corporate Accounting, Quickbooks Intuit, Freshbooks, Deltek Costpoint & have professional experience working on SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe 4.0), Water Scrum fall and also have theoretical knowledge on Extreme Programming (XP), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Kanban and Scrumban.
- Skilled in GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements as well as conducted SWOT Analysis, Impact Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, 5-Why analysis, Pareto analysis, Risk analysis & baselining acceptance criteria and Feasibility Analysis.
- Lead the requirements elicitation techniques such as Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Interview sessions, Brainstorming, Document analysis, Focus Groups, Requirement workshops and Questionnaire over the years.
- Worked with SMEs’ to understand Key Performance Indicators (KPIs’), and Service Level Agreements (SLA)’s
- Supported the Project Manager in developing/assessing Project Management Plan, Project Charter & WBS; and documented the Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), System Requirement Specification (SRS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) as per the company’s requirement. Formulated the RACI chart to manage overall project risks mitigation plans.
- Well versed in creating UML diagrams like Use Case, Activity, Sequence, & Class diagrams using MS Visio; and created Mockup Screens & wireframes using Lucid Chart and Balsamiq.
- Extensively used JIRA for writing and managing User stories, Acceptance criteria & handling the Requirements Churn.
- Actively participated in Scrum Ceremonies like Release Planning, Backlog grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Retrospective while assisting the Product owner in conducting prioritizing techniques like Moscow, KANO model.
- Possess expert level skills in retrieving data and data validation using DDL, DML & DQL statements to perform CRUD operations with SQL queries like Joins, views, Sub queries and aggregate; with good understanding of Procedures, Functions and Triggers, also used Informatica Transformations (Filter, Source, Joiner etc.) for Data Modification.
- In-depth knowledge of implementing Data Warehousing, Data modeling, Data Mapping, Dimensional Modeling (star & snowflake schema) and Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes using (Informatica, MuleSoft).
- Comprehensive understanding about Databases, Data Table Structures, Data marts, Data Analysis, Data Integration, Data Migration, Schemas and OLAP operations viz. Slice, Dice, Pivot, Roll-up and Drill-down
- Adept at web-service concepts like HTML, CSS, WSDL, WADL, SOAP, UDDI, REST, JSON, Parsers - SAX, DOM under various architectures like 3-Tier, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Assisted in creating automated test scripts for testing Web API using SOAP UI & Postman to check if the API's are returning the data in JSON, XML format, and documented APIs using Swagger Tool.
- Extensive knowledge of TDD, ATDD & BDD techniques for software development, also possess comprehensive understanding on Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) using Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Assisted in creating Test plans, Test cases and Test scenarios for validating it with business requirements document and played a pivotal role in defect tracking & analysis, by documenting & tracking defects using tools like Jira & ClearQuest.
- Assisted the QA team to design Test plans and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing, Black-box Testing, Functional Testing, Systems Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Security Testing, Load/Stress Testing, and Performance Testing in both manual and automation testing environment.
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence tools (SQL2005, Einstein analytics) and experienced in creating interactive dashboards with ad-hoc reports, heat maps, bar graphs, pivot tables using Tableau and Excel for reports.
- Creative and a pro-active self-starter with integrative thinking skills, capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal, external, independent, and team environment.
TOOLS: Design & Modeling
MS: Visio(v.15, 16), iRise, Smart Draw, Mockup screens(v.4.81), Lucid Chart, Balsamiq
Business Skills: Change Management, Problem & Incident Management, Impact Analysis, JAD Sessions, SWOT Analysis, Project Planning, Project Scheduling & Budgeting, Risk Management, Conflict Management, Excellent Communication, Competent leadership skillsProject
Productivity & Collaboration tools: JIRA(v.6.3, 7.0), HP ALM(v.11.5), Confluence(v.6.4, 6.3, 6.2), MS Office (2010,2013,2016)MS Project(2010, 2013), MS SharePoint(2010,2013)
SDLC Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, SAFe 4.0, Waterfall, XP, RUP, Kanban, Scrumban, Water Scrum Fall
Test, Change & Defect Management tools: HP Quality Center(v.11, 12), Selenium(v.3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6), Cucumber(v.2.0, 3.0), Load Runner (v. 11.5, 12.02), Postman(v.3, 4, 5, 6), IBM Rational Requisite Pro, IBM Rational Clear Quest, Service Now, Swagger(v.2.0, 3.0)
Database, ETL, Data analysis & Reporting tools: Tableau(v. 9.3, 10.0, 10.1), MS SQL server(2012, 2014), Oracle(v.9i, 10g, 11g, 12c), IBM DB2, MS Access(2010, 2013, 2016), Informatica Power Center(v.9.5, 9.6.1), MS Excel(2010, 2013), MuleSoft ESB(v.3.7), MS SSIS, MS SSRS, IBM Cognos(v.10.2.2)
Data warehousing: Data Marts, Data Modeling, OLAP, OLTP, Data Mining, ETL, OLAP Operations like (Slicing/Dicing, Drill Down/ Roll up, Pivot), Star and Snowflake Schema
Architecture/Framework: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), 3-Tier Architecture, N-Tier Architecture
Operating Systems: Windows(XP, 7, 8, 10), OS(10.8, 10.9, 10.10), LINUX, UNIX
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Good knowledge in business process design and configuration in Financial processes including, General Ledger, Universal Journal, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, New Asset Accounting, and Integration with Modules.
- Created solution which was built to meet SOX compliance and FDA regulations.
- Documented/Contributed to GAP analysis with the Project Manager in planning the system transition.
- Conducted JAD sessions and interviews with SME’s & stakeholders to elicit the requirements for the system.
- Studied organization-project, processes, policies and procedures to get a detailed understanding of the project.
- Transformed requirements into user stories and supported the product owner in forming the Acceptance criteria
- Participated in prioritization techniques like MoSCoW, KANO for user stories and used planning poker and bucket system to estimate user stories according to their capacity.
- Participated in various Scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Stand-up Meeting, Sprint Review Meeting, Sprint Retrospective Meeting, and Backlog Grooming and achieved towards a release goal.
- Created Use Cases and Designed UML diagrams like Use Case, Activity and Sequence using MS Visio.
- Monitored, Managed and Tracked requirements using JIRA throughout Application/Project Life-Cycle.
- Participated in Technical Design meetings for AWS Development patterns (S3, Redshift, Lambda functions (SQS, DynamoDB, Athena)).
- Conducted Feasibility Study to study the feasibility of cloud computing for migrating into cloud and explored various cloud computing options. Assisted in configuring AWS instances, Auto Scale, EBS and Cloud Watch alarms.
- Assisted the architect in creating Logical and Conceptual Data Models, including identification of SoRs (complex on premise SQL Server Databases and Oracle Schemas). Data mapping from source to target.
- Assisted in Normalization and of tables for development work in Redshift, in co-ordination with AWS Developers. Column-oriented storage for query optimization. Object modelling, to ensure data types are grouped together.
- Collaborated with the QA team to design and develop Test Plan and Test Scenarios and Cases, involved in ETL testing process in validating the data, reviewing data dictionaries and in test data preparation.
- Identified and integrated various data sources like OLTP and Flat files to the OLAP using Informatica and performed Data Verification, Validity and Normalization in maintaining the accuracy and effectiveness of data.
- Generated periodic reports for the management to make effective business decisions.
- Constructed PL/SQL Joins, Views, and procedures queries to test and fetch the data from in-house OLTP DB’s.
- Performed Data Mining and constructed SQL queries to find correlation and patterns in existing data, used Tableau in generating effective reporting to provide BI using various matrices critical to decision making.
- Assisted the team in preparation of the training modules, provided steps/tutorials to generate reports.
Environment: Agile SAFe-Scrum 4.0, SAP ECC, AWS, Jira 6.3, Confluence 6.3, Oracle SQL Server, Informatica Power Center 9.5, Tableau 10.0
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Elicited requirements using JAD sessions, Survey/Questionnaire, Interview sessions, Focus Groups and analyzed the feasibility of the requirements and formulated and conducted GAP Analysis to derive requirements for ACH processing.
- Conducted Cost Benefit analysis, Feasibility check, Impact analysis, Cost analysis.
- Helped Scrum Master Coach the team and Implemented software methodologies including Agile Scrum.
- Interacted with SME s, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be understood and reviewed by both technical and business people.
- Experience in SFDC Administrative tasks like creating Profiles, Roles, Users, Page Layouts, Approvals, Workflows, Processes, Flows, Validation rules, Reports and Dashboards.
- Created and deployed Formula Fields, Custom objects, record types, Custom tabs, components to suit the application.
- Proficiency with sharing model with in - depth understanding of Organization wide defaults, role hierarchy, territory hierarchy, sharing rules, Public groups and manual sharing of records.
- Collaborated with developers to test and verify that solutions will meet the business requirements and created invoices for the clients using Coupa software.
- Created Mock-Up Screens and Wireframes using User Interface components for client verification.
- Adopted Entity-relationship modeling technique and help develop Conceptual and Logical data model for DFI tables.
- Logged Data Mapping documents of various HTML field to XML tags and further onto tables stored in database.
- Helped in conducting User Story Writing sessions and determine Acceptance Criteria for PSPI.
- Highly proficient in writing and prioritizing user stories in Product Backlog with Product Owner as I assisted the Product Owner to Prioritize the Product Backlog items for developing Sprint tasks suggested by the cross-functional dev team.
- Used JIRA for story management, issue tracking, bug tracking and defects and updated the requirement traceability.
- Worked with the Product Owner during the Sprint Review Meeting for the Potential Shippable Product Increment (PSPI) and help decide which feature are DONE and satisfied as per the Acceptance Criteria.
- Generated ad hoc SQL queries using joins, database connections and transformations to fetch data from SQL Server.
- Assisted with User Acceptance Testing, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensure that appropriate documentation is in place. Assisted in Black box, UAT and Regression testing.
- Extensively involved in the User Acceptance Testing phase to ensure the requirements and functionality of the system was in accordance to the users and their feedback was incorporated.
- Assisted in Conducting Risk analysis as required by NACHA and also maintained a Risk Register.
- Communicated effectively across company contacts and clients regarding requirements, schedules and launches.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Salesforce, MS Visio, MS Project, MS office 2013, MS SQL server 2012. Visual studio 2013, JIRA 5.2, Tableau 9.3, MS Office Suite (MS word, MS Excel, PowerPoint), IAS 2012.
Confidential, New York City, NY
Business System Analyst
- Elicited requirements using JAD sessions, Survey/Questionnaire, Interview sessions, Focus Groups and analyzed the feasibility of the requirements and formulated and conducted GAP Analysis to derive requirements for ACH.
- Worked closely with project managers, business users and developers for a business idea and define requirements.
- Analyzed gathered requirements, verified requirements and created functional specifications (FRD/FRS).
- Gathered requirements for building a sub-ledger that hosted trading activities of various hedge fund clients.
- Mapped data between Sybase to Oracle database to assist in analysis and development of Client Sub Ledger project.
- Queried relational databases using SQL on a daily basis to resolve operational issues and assist business and IT.
- Gathered requirements for creating "Affirmation Engine" (transmission of messages among broker-dealers, investors, and custodian banks) which assisted in matching trades and straight through processing (STP) for the clients.
- Expertise in Business Process Modeling and Use Case Modeling using Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Rational
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix to make sure the current project requirements are being met.
- Work with Development and QA teams to transition business requirements into QA test cases and assist in UAT.
- Acted a project manager/business analyst for the Buy-In project and built a new application using service oriented architecture (SOA) and XML to assist the Stock-Borrow Loan team in sending Buy-In requests to DTC.
- Managed enhancements and defects promptly to assist the operations in resolving issues.
Environment: Scrum- waterfall hybrid, Use Cases, SQL, UML, JAD, Quality Center, Java, XML, FTP, MS-Office, Windows, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Windows, HTTP.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Assisted and worked with Project manager in creating and assigned task through WBS.
- Interacted with the customers and internal stakeholders to gather user requirements and their expectations from the system to create Business Requirements Document, Functional Requirements Document and SRS.
- Ensured success by identifying and working closely stakeholders based on their level of influence and decision making.
- Examined inputs and ensured maintenance of information on scheduled activities, follow up on successful accomplishments and coordinate IT portfolio input ensuring prompt submission of initial budgets and quarterly updates
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirements and developing System Specifications.
- Created UML Diagrams like Activity Diagram, Sequence Diagram and Use Case Diagram using Rational Rose.
- Tracked and reported timely performance of plans and analyzed gaps and recommended corrective measures.
- Assessed business priorities, and advised business units by performing Risk Analysis.
- Participated in the development and preparation of the Test Plan with the testing team as well as ensuring testability, reliability, usability, maintainability and performance of the application.
- Involved in incident reporting and change management procedures using Clear Case.
- Maintained and shared documents using MS SharePoint and Managed test cases and logged defects using HP QC tool.
- Designed and Implemented SQL queries for QA testing and reporting and reporting data/validation.
- Planned and organized team engagement activities to encourage self-organization among the team.
Environment: Waterfall, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, HP Quality Center, MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint 2010, Oracle, MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint).
- Assisted and worked with Project manager in creating and assigning tasks through Work Break - down Structure (WBS).
- Worked in Waterfall as System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Gathered requirements from stakeholders, customers and SME s for scope and requirements of online banking system.
- Worked with the dev team to verify that business needs are fulfilled and the deliverables ar in budget, quality and time.
- Defined the context of the system by creating various Use Cases for the development system requirements specifications encompassing Functional and Non-Functional and GUI requirements.
- COTS evaluations and implementation for reporting that resulted in choosing Business Objects as the reporting tool.
- Developed UML Diagrams for modeling static and dynamic aspects of Online Banking System.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) using HP QC tool.
- Developed data maps for retrieval of information from existing account systems and outlined security measures for accessibility and transmission of information which helped in producing timely reports.
- Created ad-hoc reports using MS-Excel and Pivot tables to do the calculations and creating reports accordingly.
- Developed plans for verification and validation of requirements at all levels so that the developed software would successfully fulfil and satisfy all the user expectations and business needs.
- Worked with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing.
- Worked closely with Project Manager for any change request and helped with Impact Analysis.
- Helped creating and modifying SQL queries to match the requirements.
Environment: Waterfall, MS Office, SQL, UAT Testing, HP QC, COTS.
Jr. Business Analyst / QA Tester
- Functioned closely with the corporate business team, control teams and technology teams to understand the end to end process, data security and Federal regulatory documents and compliance related procedures during the project.
- Excelled the AS - IS and TO-BE business process and developed the GAP Analysis and Impact Analysis.
- Interacted thoroughly with a set of stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SME s) for requirements.
- Documented and presented them in Vision and Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs) using Rational Requisite Pro and Power Designer
- Facilitated the Change Discussions with each impacted group long before the training began.
- Processed change requests, Gap analysis and impact analysis for issue resolutions/escalations.
- Assisted Testing teams to build test plans and involved in Progression testing and Regression testing. Approved test cases for requirement verification and to check the functionality of the application.
Environment: Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Workday, ClearQuest, Test Manager, MS Visio, MS Project