- Over 6 years of industry experience as a Business Analyst with good understanding of business requirement gathering, evaluating data sources, translating requirements into specifications and application design.
- Skilled in performing Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end - state requirements.
- Proficient on Business Intelligence reporting tools like IBM Cognos, Netcool Proviso (TNPM).
- Proficient in interacting with Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), System Analysts and Technical team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Efficient in writing Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Use Cases, User Interface Specifications (UIS), System Requirement Specification (SRS) and Report Specifications Documents.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in Insurance, Reinsurance and Networking domain for business intelligence reporting along with developing and documenting process flows for business processes.
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall SDLC including project management tools like JIRA & HP Quality Center.
- Understanding of analytics tools for effective analysis and visualization of data.
- Extensive Functional and Technical experience in Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, Business Intelligence (BI), ETL tools, product development and Reports Generation.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries and reporting the results to business team.
- Experience and knowledge of using Microsoft Excel advanced functions.
- Developed data visualizations and dashboards using Power BI and Cognos.
- Generated complex list, crosstab and chart reports by using Cognos 10.
- Knowledge of Cognos Metric Studio, Power BI, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), Data Warehousing Concepts and Data Modeling Techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well the ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
Business Analyst/ Product Manager
- Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized product features and corresponding justification.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas.
- Work with the stakeholders to discover the primary business objective, define scope, document the requirements, measure right things, and analyze the impact of everything we do. Routine tasks performed with specific instructions include daily scrums, project status and current backlogs.
- Determines customer’s needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain desired analysis. User experience improvement using analytical reporting.
- Reviewing the solution design to ensure it fulfills the requirements, validating test plans/test cases, updating or repackaging requirement document to make it useful for technical design and implementation process.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitor’s products and create necessary performance reports for the same for the management to review.
- Perform product demos with management people for the potential customers. Do the market research for helping management to set the pricing of the product.
- Prepare requirement documents by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats in Agile Methodology.
- Construct workflow chart in Visio and Lucidchart by studying system capabilities and writing specifications.
- Organized and facilitated sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Assist in developing analytic tools such as reports, dashboards and ad-hoc queries used by management to gain insight into complex business circumstances.
- Worked with a client relationship focus to ensure full awareness of client business workflow, strategy, issues, requirement, and tools.
- Created various ad-hoc SQL queries for customer reports, executive management reports and types of report types like tables, matrix, sub reports etc.
- Created the ETL (SSIS) packages and scheduled them for SQL Agent Jobs.
- Proficiency in query optimization and performance tuning techniques.
- Do performance analysis reporting for stakeholders.
- Establishing management and governance processes (development, deployment, and reporting).
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for in corporation into strategic decision-making.
- Play an active role in operational readiness testing for application systems, executing test plans.
- Write SQL queries for Cognos FM model for unit testing of reports.
Business Intelligence Developer
- Create reports in IBM Cognos (both ad hoc and standard) in support of key programs and initiatives and Perform analysis.
- Create and manage FM models and reports to track business performance with the reporting tools.
- Assist with preparation of management-level presentations based on report analysis.
- Developed customer facing applications and graphical user interfaces by capturing business requirements for stakeholders.
- Involved with SQL Query Optimization in framework manager in Cognos 10 to increase the performance of the Reports.
- Extensive experience on developing Framework manager models for Dashboard & ad-hoc reports using Cognos 10.
- Created several types of reports like list, cross-tab, chart, drill-thru and master-detail reports using report studio in Cognos 8.
- Maintenance and Schedule management for the daily email reports.
- Experience in successful implementation of technical standards and roadmaps for Cognos solutions in waterfall SDLC methodology.
- Created Test cases and performed unit testing for the Reports using SQL queries.