- A well - rounded Business analyst who connects-the-dots between business needs, innovation and good UI design.
- Extensive experience in Business Analysis, Release Management, Client Relationship and Delivery Management in Onsite-Offshore model.
- Excellent skills in performing Gap Analysis, Feasibility Analysis and Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, Threats (SWOT) Analysis and Impact Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system.
- Expertise in identifying business problems and solutions, after in-depth interactions (Survey design, Interviews, Idea Workshops and JAD sessions) with Top Management and Business Users.
- Six Sigma certification from IBM for meeting and exceeding client CSAT metrics
- Internal BPMS auditor for 3 years in IBM Audit & Compliance Department for BTO unit
- Major experience of transition management with prompt documentation and compliance adherence
- Ability to take direction, accept criticism constructively and to be diplomatic when reviewing work of others.
- Expertise in Verbal and Written Communication. Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and communication proficiency to resolve and collaborate.
- Strong experience in working with off-shore teams of developers and QA to ensure solution is correctly developed and tested.
- HIPAA certified with good understanding of disability and insurance claims, mutual funds portfolio management and investment products
- Authorized to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
- Total work experience of 15 years in transition, business development and analysis including 6 years working as a Business Analyst for US clients.
- Business Analytics Skillset
- Experience handling Scrum projects, including blending Agile practices with existing processes as well as gaining executive and organizational support for transitions to Agile practices.
- Capable of producing various documents like Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Documents (FSD), User Acceptance Test cases and User Manuals.
- Used the elicitation techniques such as JAD, Interview, Brainstorming, and Focus groups.
- Design and review of various documents including the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), including USE Cases, Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specs, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), High Level Design Document (HLD), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Testing documents.
- Experience in creating project-initiation diagrams including business use cases, activity diagrams, workflow diagrams and flowcharts.
- Experience in recognizing and understanding the various design models, including Business Process Modeling (BPM), UML diagrams, detailed design entity-relationship (ER) diagrams, and data flow diagrams.
- Created project prototype diagrams using Wireframes for project initiation and sign-off.
- Accomplished UAT (user acceptance testing), Functionality Testing, Unit testing, Smoke Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
SDMs: Agile (SCRUM), RUP, Waterfall
FrontEnd Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Visio 2010, MS Query, MS Project 2010, MS SharePoint
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center Rational Tools, Atlassian JIRA Test Rail
Business Skills: Business Definition Requirements (BRD/FRD), Business Process Analysis &Research, Use Case
Modeling & Analysis, User Story Creation, Release & Sprint Planning, User Manual Documentation and Transition Management, Remote Capturing of Business Requirements from multiple geo locations.
Packages: Rational Suite (Requisite Pro, Rational Rose), Visual Paradigm Suite v5, StarUML, Jira TestRailAgile Central (RallyDev), GoToMeeting, StarTeam Agile, Visual UseCase, Top Team
Analyst, Lotus Notes, IBM Connections, SameTime
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked under the Manager - Business Analysis as a Senior Business Analyst to understand the interim application current functionality and the business expectations from the enhanced version COREIMS
- Worked with the Data Analyst to gather the program configurations specific to the program and the integration into the application and understand the purpose of the application
- Facilitated Requirement Gathering Workshops with the business stakeholders across the business unit
- Created detailed functional requirements for the user stories and sitemap creation using MS Visio,MS Word and JIRA
- Created screen mock-ups for the business review and the subsequent development
- Groomed user stories based on the prioritization and the release planning post review by the BA manager
- Worked as a single point of contact between TRC and the outsourced QA testing team for Sprint testing completion
- Reviewed test cases created by the QA team,provided feedback and validated the defects to be exported to JIRA
- Provided test data for the test cycle and followed - up to retest the defects raised and update the RTM
- Participated in high level prioritization of the required modules as per the business needs
- Created user stories,epics and reports(Sprint burndown,velocity,user workload) using JIRA Agile
- Created artifacts(Business Process Overview,State Diagrams,Workflow diagrams) for complex processes prior to the module development
- Created functional user guide and updated post each release to be used by the application users
- Worked seamlessly with the DB,Java and the UI team to ensure the expectations and the desired output were communicated clearly in the stories
- Facilitated and led backlog grooming and Spint Planning sessions on a regular basis with the development team
- Conducted demos for the team prior to the test envieonment deployment to minimize defects post QA testing and/or release to production
- Conducted User Acceptance testing(post release) and demo(as and when development deemed complete) for the business stakeholders,QA team and RACI members and documented the feedback for change requests and/or enhancements
- Worked on multiple cross-functional JIRA to update time spent for the work done as a business analyst and relating to the corresponding body of work on other JIRA boards
- Participated in daily stand up meetings and Sprint Retrospective and updated the user stories on a constant basis based on the feedback received
- Created and maintained repository of relevant meetings on OneDrive using MS Lync
- Facilitated the query resolution of the development team post the design and planning meeting post Sprint Planning
- Raised defects as applicable post test deployment with accountability to mark as done as and when resolved
- Published and maintained Release Notes post release to the business - new screens,issue fixes,enhancements and change requests
Confidential, Dresher - PA
- Worked along with the Lead Business Analyst and Business Owners across multiple geo locations to obtain business requirements for strengthening and streamlining the compliance processes specific to the State of California within the stipulated deadline set by the government for disability claims.
- Worked in a team for a project on fee enhancement system for Prudential involving enhancements to the e-mail, letters, and text message functionality in the Disability Claim Management System (DCMS).
- Created startup documents for the project (Requirements Management Plan) and took ownership of maintain data and responses while maintaining the Requirement Elicitation Toolkit.
- Worked on documenting exhaustive MOM’s and refine the template and maintained the transparency in discussion by hosting the project documents on a common internal platform (IBM Connections).
- Facilitated meetings with Business Owners and Subject Matter Experts across multiple offices and locations in Prudential.
- Participated in BA Peer Reviews, Weekly IT PMO meetings and BA-TSA Weekly meetings actively as a scribe.
- Successfully completed all required trainings for STD, LTD and LOA claims including HIPAA certification.
- Initiated and completed the document naming system across the BAU and formalized standard RTM for use in the BAU unit.
- Created workflow diagrams to represent the “TO BE” state from the information obtained during workshops and got business to agree and approve on the new processes.
- Successfully created the Business Requirement Document for the process deliverables in the June and September guardrails outlining the detailed business requirements and subsequent dependencies on functional requirements
- Used techniques to obtain screenshots of existing DCMS and create wireframes of the desired changes to the application used at Prudential.
Confidential, Princeton - NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked at the client location for Design & Analysis and subsequent Requirement Gathering. Worked in close association with the end user and the enterprise architect.
- Project Scope involved creating repository for storing promotional and pricing information for end client for more than 500 global franchisees.
- Involved in structure enhancement of translation of frequently used business terminologies while observing the business rules using MS SharePoint.
- Assisted in Migration & Scrubbing of OCB/SCB by identifying data source and destination of data elements from legacy systems to new vendor application
- Created the Project Plan and Business Requirement Document for the project to provide clear concepts and identification of resources and stakeholders.
- Created WBS (Work breakdown structure) and user stories using RallyDev.
- Completed GAP Analysis & Cost Benefit Analysis for project approval & signoff.
- Developing repository for pricing solutions to be applied on a global level for franchisees.
- Conducted JAD sessions across all functional departments for SIPOC modelling.
- Created High Level Requirement Documents with mockups and Epic logs for development team startup.
- Created Use cases and Activity Diagrams for UI creation of new systems.
- Created project dashboard reporting through assembla for documents uploading, classification and work assignments and Agile product backlog creation.
- Worked on MS Project and MS Visio to outline delivery timelines and predecessor marking.
- Worked on SharePoint 2013 Designer to create workflow management, content and document storage and hierarchy definitions.
- Participated in Sprint Planning and Release Schedule for the products.
- Worked with client QA team to understand defect triage system and test case structure
- Developed acceptance criteria and RTM(Requirement Traceability Matrix) using Visual Use Case and Top Team Analyst
- Completed UAT testing and Training of new systems with mock data successfully.
Sr. Business Analyst
- The project was multi-scoped with deliverables assigned to Virtual ID creation for the consumer/groups, Claims Integration for Member Portal & Provider Portal (Web & Mobile Applications) and Premium Billing & Payment gateway setup for Exchange Members (Obamacare), HCR (Health Care Reform) Network Strategy.
- Defined Current (As-Is) and Future (To-Be) scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions).
- Built consensus among stakeholders to validate and finalize the requirements in the Business Requirements Document.
- Effectively conducted the JAD sessions and Business Requirement Review Sessions On-shore/ Off-shore Teams to complete project documentation and work with the Business to gain approval/Sign-off.
- Created Business Requirement Documents, Functional Requirement Documents, Process Maps, FMEA, SIPOC.
- Created Wireframe templates, Screen Mock-ups and Prototyping for Horizon Member Portal site transactions and Horizon Mobile Apps to communicate with Business more effectively.
- Created and upgraded graphic, Design Mockups and Prototypes for Web based and Mobile based application use.
- Proactively digest the information to identify Risks, Gaps, and provide conclusions to management.
- Documented Business and System Use Cases, and Use Case Narrative and Process Flow Diagrams
- Reviewed and provided final approvals to SIT Test Scenarios, Test Cases
- Created UAT Test Scenarios, UAT Test Cases and participates in UAT Testing with Business
- Created Product Support Documents and provided training to Customer Service Representatives.
- Provided product support after projects went live.
Confidential, Newport - CA
Business Systems Analyst
- The business required the integration of different portfolio management tools for the CFA’s/CFP’s who were involved in the sales and support of mutual fund instruments that were catered by the client.
- Involved in API integration and subsequent development of web portal with SSO functionality along with helpdesk support SOP’s and customization of dashboard and access rights as per user profile.
- Acted as a liaison with the central programming team on the migration of the current client/server systems to the web version in order to understand potential issues and technical impacts.
- Decomposed business and user functional requirements into system and software functional(FRD) and non-functional requirements
- Utilize database API’s to integrate multiple web applications.
- Create technical documentation for the programming team of all web applications as a resource for future development and troubleshooting.
- Supported Portfolio Management and Analysis, Client Services and Performance Reporting.
- Developed system use cases that describe the system’s intended functional behavior.
- Use of UI prototyping process; analyzing the user interface needs of users. Designed webpage layout and helped in writing and editing content. Developed mock up screens and storyboards using Balsamiq.
- Extensive use of Use cases and written business flows and work flow diagrams for effective plans.
- Actively engaged client and third party integration partners in requirements gathering and validation. Conducted and lead requirements elicitation meetings with client end users to document system requirements and used Requisite Pro for management of these requirements.
- Responsible for creating use case scenarios and writing use cases as per the specifications and requirements Analysis.
- Troubleshoot and report to Development and QA any outstanding issues regarding the portal, user accessibility issues or feed functionality.
- Skilled in analyzing and translating business objectives into prioritized functional requirements and recommending feasible solutions to business problems.
Assistant Manager - Transition & Bus.Dev
- Delivered Transition Projects and Programs in line with recognized best practice methodology where the successful implementation of service resource skills and processes are just as critical to project success as technology
- Act as the central liaison for all transition activities and deployment of technical resources.
- Operationalize relevant contract SLA’s and obligations at the offshore centers.
- Manage day to day Transition project communication both within HTT and all other stake holders and produce relevant reports accurately and in a timely manner at the agreed frequency.
- Took full responsibility for the management of the wider transition team involving additional project management resource, internal technical resource, 3rd party suppliers, account team members and client stakeholders.
- Produced detailed project plans to manage interdependencies and manage business continuity by creating required DRP’s.
- Adhere to relevant escalation processes to escalate resource issues, delayed project phases, missed deadlines and other planning issues.
- Monitor the program/project ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner and the appropriate corrective actions are implemented.
- Audit and review the outcomes of the transition projects to determine any corrective actions that could be taken to improve timely delivery and report compliance triage to the IBM Audit team.
Team Lead (Customer Service)
- Knowledge transfer obtained from the transition to the pilot team offshore.
- Coaching the New Hires on the job on adherence to the SOP’s and Process maps.
- Handling a team of JPO’s (junior processing officers) and PO’s (Process Officers) on the shop floor.
- Handling escalated calls and making customer callbacks and making calls to customers for agent feedback and satisfaction level.
- Monitoring calls and Quality assurance assessment with live calls and recorded calls made by the agents and provide feedback or corrective action to agents
- Measure, access and analysis the CSR’s performance on a weekly basis and build a target plan to better the future performance with the supervisor’s advice.