- Business Analyst with a strong knowledge of Healthcare domain and determined to contribute and learn Business Analysis and Project Management Skills. Experienced over 8 years in the field of Business Analysis, having in - depth knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and development practices (ranging from traditional to Agile). Spearheaded projects on Waterfall, Agile and Agile-Scrum
- 7 years of experience in Business Analysis, Data Analysis/Migration, System Integration, Reporting & Analytics and Project Management with proven delivering quality applications multiple business areas.
- Proficient in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) achieving milestone using Traditional Waterfall, Iterative/Incremental and Agile methodologies (SCRUM).
- Hands on experience in creating user stories, prioritizing, release planning.
- Extensive knowledge on Commercial Pharmaceutical (Speaker Bureau Services) and Government Procurement/Spend Management (Supplier Management, Procure to Pay and Source to Pay) and Call Center Telephony business areas.
- Recognized experience on Client Relationship and Solution Delivery Management.
- Understanding client’s business needs, providing solutions, estimates, timeline and sign-off.
- Proven qualification and experience working on complex CRM and ERP SaaS solutions in all facets of Information Technology Methodology from conceptual design through documentation, implementation, user, version upgrade and enhancements.
- Extensive experience on release and deployment management with US and Off-Shore teams including managing internal cross-functional teams for multiple project initiatives concurrently.
- Experience in an analyst project manager capacity on a large-scale COTS project, a custom development project, and/or combination of both (impacting 10000+ Users across multiple domains)
- Skilled in gathering User Requirements and translating them into business requirement and functional requirements.
- Business writing skills in creating Business requirements document (BRD), Use-Case Specifications, Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), High level and Low-level documents (HLD/LLD).
- Proficiency in gathering SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely) requirements and transforming them into functional specifications focusing on workflow analysis and design & user interface design.
- Collaborated with product owners to write and prioritize customer centric documents like User Stories for Product Backlogs and participated in various scrum ceremonies such as product backlog grooming session, sprint planning meetings, daily stand up scrum, sprint review and sprint retrospective meeting.
- Proven success in eliciting requirement, As-Is and To-Be analysis, GAP analysis, Cost benefit analysis, Risk assessment, and SWOT analysis
- Responsible for GAP analysis in changing old MMIS and Involved in testing with MMIS System.
- Experience in end-to-end testing, UAT (User Acceptance Test) and user for customers.
- Experience in working in a Production Support role to resolve issues related to Payroll processing.
- In-Depth understanding of Healthcare from Medicare/Medicaid, Commercial Products (HMO< PPO, POS) etc.
- Project Scope, Definition, Planning, Status, Risk Assessment, Estimates, Approval, Execution and Delivery
- Business/Data Analysis
- Stakeholder Assessments/Management
- Requirements Negotiations and Prioritization
- Discovery/Research AS-IS Processes
- Reporting and Analytics
- Gathering and Documenting Business/Data/Reporting/Legal Requirements
- Write SQL Queries
- Design Wireframes and Mock-Ups
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Requirements Validation and Confirmation
- Vendor Management
- User Stories and Use Cases
- User Experience
- Business approval and sign-off for new projects
- Gap Analysis
- Application Testing and UAT
- Create and Documenting AS-IS and TO-BE workflows/processes
- Client Relationship Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Data analysis and validation
- Support Maintenance
- Business Analysis
- SDLC / MMIS
- Requirement Gathering
- SWOT Analysis
- Project Life Cycle
- Burn Down Charts
- RTM/Soap UI
- Agile Methodology
- Waterfall Methodology
- Business Process Flows
- Swim Lane Diagrams
Confidential, Long Island, NY
Lead Business Analyst
- Worked on the Change requests and government change orders for claims and providers
- Created business requirements documents by conducting client group interviews, JAD sessions and with other internal departments
- Worked on Blueprint tool to create uses cases, functional requirements and change request documents
- Driven several JAD session which included members from Humana and WPS stakeholders and created the final requirement documentation and approval from WPS and HGB stakeholders
- Worked on Claims adjudication, benefits as well as member and provider data.
- Involved in GUI Design sessions with Usability Team; Browser compatibility and navigation were tested manually.
- Proficient in data lineage, data profiling, analysis and validation to extract and populate the correct values onto SBCs.
- Involved throughout the Software Development Life Cycle, (SCRUM) including sprint planning meetings, review meetings and backlog refinement meetings.
- Prepared business requirements documents by conducting client group interviews, JAD sessions and with other internal departments.
- Managed roles offshore and served as a liaison between development team and business team.
- Prepared detailed requirements as per USER STORIES and USE CASES to provide details of each business and functional requirement, development and implementation plan of these requirements, timelines, owners, etc.
- Worked on Claims adjudication, benefits as well as member and provider data.
- Prepared change request form to provide details of the changes requests and obtained approvals from the appropriate stakeholders.
- Implemented HEDIS reporting tool to measure the performance on critical dimensions of healthcare data, so that a best health plan can be selected.
- Assisted QA team by reviewing test plan and test cases and clarifying requirements to ensure complete coverage of requirements.
- Provided to the users and involved in facilitating UAT sessions to gain user confidence and approval.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, MS Project, MS Office, Visio, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, ETL and Snagit, SAAS. COTS
- Responsible for project initiation, discovery/research documents, gathering business and technical requirements, converting business/technical requirements to solution requirements, planning/scheduling, resource allocation, manage development/implementation and post production support for a new client as well as existing clients’ configurations. Also, managed multiple clients and projects concurrently.
- Resolve/Escalate issues and perform Risk Assessment for each project.
- Creating “Statement of Work” for enhancement projects and Pricing for new clients, calculating project hours, total estimates and create project plan timeline using MS-Project.
- Conducting brainstorming sessions with SMEs for requirement gathering and prepared Configuration Specifications and Business System Documents for various clients and projects.
- Creating wireframes, screen mock-ups using MS-Visio/Snag-it to present to the stakeholders to validate/confirm the business requirements and project sign-offs.
- Verification, walkthrough and signoff of functional requirements with project stakeholders.
- Preparing multiple process flow and swim lane diagrams using Ms-Visio.
- Test overall UI and performance requirements of the application.
- Involved in walkthroughs and meetings with development/QA team to discuss new project, new functionality and related issues.
- Assist QA team for development and implementation on test plans, test cases and development team for creating deployment plan.
- Responsible for weekly status updated showing the progress of various new and enhancement projects with team and project stakeholders.
- Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) to test the functionality of the application.
- Responsible for creating, generating and verifying weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly reports using SAP Business Objects, MS Reporting, ad-hoc reports including Analytics Dashboard, Heat Maps and Geographic Maps.
- Responsible for reporting and tracking bugs using Fogbugz, assigning to development and QA team, performing final testing and informing stakeholders once the issues are fixed in the production environment.
- Provide day to day product support to internal business, clients and third-party vendors.
- Gather requirements, manage and implement multiple system integration projects with client’s other vendors and IT team. Examples: Sales Roster/Hierarchies, HCP customer master, Event Feed and Aggregate Spend Report Feed (Sunshine ACT).
- Involved in managing/enhancing core products for new business developments and assisted senior level management in answering RFPs and creating pitch presentations/slide decks.
- Execute basic SQL queries to verify backend data.
- Perform Gap Analysis, by evaluating the key differences between the as-Is and the To-Be system and identifying the key requirements for system reengineering.
- Negotiate with client and development team to prioritize business requirements and timeline.
- Manage entire system version upgrade and data migration projects for multiple clients.
- Verify and reconcile monthly and quarterly billing files generated by Finance team before billing to clients.
Environment: Windows, Mac, Ipad, Iphone, JQuery, SQL Server 2012, ASP.Net MVC, DotNetNuke, SAP Business Objects, MS-Office, MS-Visio, MS-Project, Adobe Illustrator, Snag-It Editor, MS-SharePoint, Fogbugz and MS-project 2010, Responsive Architect, Web API 2, Responsive Architect, Hybrid SOA